• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Must...have...deco examples to look at!

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deco snippets - just so we have something to look at for now. A deco forum - temporary or not - with no pics is sad. The new forum format limits to 4 images per post.

Zynia's rose of Trinsic purple planter

Skylark's large desk with bookshelves

Blesh's canopy-curtain bed (must be constructed on roof or 2 story open floor due to height requirements)

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More Halloween & spooky stuff

Skylark's lil' creepy crawly with item built cauldron variation

Zynia's electric chair

Daan Mor's evil throne

-Skylark

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mo'gluk's fireplace

The round table

A simple Stew

A way to present a rubble tree, and I'm not sure what the thing in the corner is, but I like it.

[

A

Azureal

The thing in the corner "looks" like coloured forges stacked on top of one another, with a large shield on top.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing in the corner "looks" like coloured forges stacked on top of one another, with a large shield on top.
:D Sorry, I was unclear, yes I know how I made it, but what is it I made? I just call it my 'wotnot'

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how did you get the 3 forges to stack like that?
That's pretty straightforward. Place the one that's going to be the top one, raise it with the decor tool, place the next one underneath, raise that, place the bottom one then lower the other 2 back down till they rest on top.

K

Kurgan

Glad to see some people still have their pics. Keep them coming folks..
As soon as I find mine I will post them.

L

Leana Sidhe

OOO....oooo
Finally my deco fix...
Thank you Thank you...... =)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
woot, my bed made the first post! thanks for reposting it skylark :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aquarium flake in a cauldron (one of the green ones from Labyrinth) on top of a small forge.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bike is great :) and is that a jack-in-the-box back there?? love it!!

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very creative! And I like how the bike seat turned out! :)

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww Skylark, you didn't add my stone counters or SE Basket storage....
LOL...that is because the old forums went belly up before I had copied even a fraction of the deco snippets for the collection to my photobucket. Kind of ironic that I started that because so many old links to pics were disappearing over time, just a few weeks before the whole actual forum blew up. :sad4:

Thanks for reposting yours. :)

And I asked in the other thread before I saw this one...did you post as Boredoms on the old forum? In my photobucket I had tried to put a name for the source or at least the person I got the image from when I could.

-Skylark

A

Ashyn

Yes, Bordoms would be me. Just went with my toon name this round. lol.

-Ashyn

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi skylark thanx for all the hard work u did!
im owrking on several houses now, grouped together right outside outside of east brit on the road to cove.... i so have given myself an ulcer trying to remember how to do the stairs, any chance of getting the tutorial back?

and too kahlan rahl... you stole my name u imposter! what shard do you play on? you have excellent taste :)

oh ps this is the former dsNchanted, i figured id make my new forums name that of my main char and all since shes who i play most.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not really deco, but while I was on test center I went ahead and made all of the heritage rugs to show their sizes. They're all 3x3 but three of them are a bit smaller than the other four.

BTW it seems no longer possible to place these rugs on raised goza mats. You can place them, but they drop to ground level. I haven't tried it with damaged book piles but I have a feeling that won't work either.

Reactions: dvv

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like that 2 story library but i just wish they would make a book shelf that was full of books.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like that 2 story library but i just wish they would make a book shelf that was full of books.
There is one, but it is ultra rare. :(

I wish they would recycle it with another label (to pacify the 3 or 4 people in the game who have one) and make it available to us.

-Skylark

B

Bodhi

The room with the fireplace and the stacked bookshelves is now one of my favorite screenshots ive seen :heart:

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The room with the fireplace and the stacked bookshelves is now one of my favorite screenshots ive seen :heart:
Yup, as much as I like tidiness in real life, I have to say, I love Kahlan Rahl's "torn up" library more than the "neat" one. That is one of the most clever use of the new ladder's I've seen. :thumbup:

-Skylark

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Creative! :) Some of the tower designs I've seen recently almost make me want to go back to one... almost :p I think I like my current house placement a little too much for that, though!

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I highly suggest that if you are going to experiment with goza raising & chopping expensive/scarce add-ons that you place a plot on Test and try it there until you have your technique perfected, otherwise you may be upset when you break a real item and can't get it back. Things can still go wrong even after you have planned but it is much less likely.

I noticed that many people on Test toss out their heritage tokens on the ground by the banks, I scoop up as many as I can, to try things out.

-Skylark

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I hate that sometimes you don't get deeds back, it really stinks. But the look was well worth it for my secret bedroom "home away from home" behind the curtain.

F

feath

opening this thread is starting to scare me lol... maybe it can be cut in half, and two threads made? or at least start a new one now. it takes a huge amount of time to open it.

anyway - i wanted to throw in a couple of my old pictures, so they don't get lost in time...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is too cute! Haha...I love those curvy walls, so fun. Wish they came in half height too, would make for fabulous wells *dreams*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's a couple rooms of my primary house. The lower room is the love nest for my Paladin/TH & Mage/Paladin, but the primary focus for sharing this picture is my Necromancer's room, just above it.

I got the pentagram above the gozas by placing two square gozas on the black ones, then chopping the extras after placing the pentagram.

The one container in the room is a paragon chest off a Meer Eternal (shame it's bronze, not black, shadow or white).

I had issues with getting the bone couch to stay above the gozas, until I did the same with it that I did with the bloody pentagram, then replaced black goza underneath it (for some reason I couldn't get it to work right until I removed all the gozas, then put the black ones back down).

Note the positioning of the Doom candle by the bed of nails, relative to the upside-down mounted pixie.....:eek:snap:

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was adding spiderwebs and old rubble to my evil tower and as I was doing this, I came up with an idea and here it is in case you would like a spider of your own to inhabit your new web...

The rubble I used is the one in the bag to the right of the web, but I used it in a black. Since I have dark walls, the top part blends in to the wall and doesn't show. I thought it ended up looking like two spiders in the web cocooning some poor soul and his faithful dog :mf_prop:

Hunter Moon [HOT] Alantic

This is a copy of a post I made in UOHall that I was asked to post here by Petra Fyde. Hope someone can use it :)

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was adding spiderwebs and old rubble to my evil tower and as I was doing this, I came up with an idea and here it is in case you would like a spider of your own to inhabit your new web...

The rubble I used is the one in the bag to the right of the web, but I used it in a black. Since I have dark walls, the top part blends in to the wall and doesn't show. I thought it ended up looking like two spiders in the web cocooning some poor soul and his faithful dog :mf_prop:

Hunter Moon [HOT] Alantic

This is a copy of a post I made in UOHall that I was asked to post here by Petra Fyde. Hope someone can use it :)
Thats so awesome!! ty for posting!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know exactly how she didd them but I know she used the small walls from when you custimize your house. Since I have a castle I couldnt custimize, So i found a way to use forges, and place the stone tables on top. Looks exactly the same. :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is one, but it is ultra rare. :(

I wish they would recycle it with another label (to pacify the 3 or 4 people in the game who have one) and make it available to us.

-Skylark
Actually, with the 11th Anniversary items you can order after the Japanese get them, you can pick a bookcase, and put a book in it and it'll look full :) They're coming out with logs that face both ways, hitching posts and all kinds of neat stuff!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chopping is very addictive :D just a snippet to show off my tub and bathmat.... this house is *far* from done, but I hadda post this little bit

Attachments

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Syfka,

Yes, you can in fact sit on the love seat, although you will kind of disappear in the cushions. It has been a long time since I made that, and my instruction tutorial died with the old forums, but I believe at the bottom, I used a pair of wooden thrones. I typically fill any of the gaps with folded cloth pieces dyed the same shade as the shipwreck pillows and raise/lower them as necessary.

For some designs, I use wooden stools underneath. It really depends on how the object positions on the tile, and what you are building over/around it. :)

@Hunter Moon: I love that sneaky use of the rubble to get the spider look!

-Skylark

S

Syfka

Syfka,

Yes, you can in fact sit on the love seat, although you will kind of disappear in the cushions. It has been a long time since I made that, and my instruction tutorial died with the old forums, but I believe at the bottom, I used a pair of wooden thrones. I typically fill any of the gaps with folded cloth pieces dyed the same shade as the shipwreck pillows and raise/lower them as necessary.

For some designs, I use wooden stools underneath. It really depends on how the object positions on the tile, and what you are building over/around it. :)

@Hunter Moon: I love that sneaky use of the rubble to get the spider look!

-Skylark
Thanks i will try a couple things out :)

J

Jusdon

I love the stone counters! How are those constructed? I'm guessing the sides of the counters are half-wall pieces from the house deco tool, but how do you make the stone on top? Are those stone tables placed inside? Thanks!

There is a separate thread called : Ashyn's Stone Kitchen Tutorial that provides great detail on how she created the stone counters. You'll need lots of stone and please note the message where she warns you to "lock down" the counters once placed before you go into edit mode on your house or you will lose them. I've accidentally destroyed two kitchens this way and now I lock them down if I even think I may go into edit mode. :) Enjoy!

K

KINK

there is some cool ones but i have trouble making the bunnies and the black cat can u help me with that

C

chera

opening this thread is starting to scare me lol... maybe it can be cut in half, and two threads made? or at least start a new one now. it takes a huge amount of time to open it.

anyway - i wanted to throw in a couple of my old pictures, so they don't get lost in time...

Wow that is totally awesome work

C

chera

These are the most amazing things ya"l have done with your houses,I hope someday I can learn to do some of this:D

Absolutely beautiful and such hard work:danceb:

Thank You for showing
Chera

C

chera

I did my post wrong I am so sorry :sad4:

You all have done such beautiful work on with your decorating and someday i hope to learn how to do it

Thank You for showing and explaining
:danceb:

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Came across this amazingly derorated keep while scouting idocs on Europa.. Iam sure you have seen it before, but wanted to show in this thread. I did NOT make this :)

(I would like to know how to make those stairs with the goza mats thou)

Attachments

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this thread is amazing, that lil toilet in your first post is hysterical ! :lol:
Glad you enjoy the examples. I wish we didn't have so many broken picture links in old threads. And many of the things we now see, the name of the original designer has long been lost in the mists of UO's decade+ time, but thankfully lots of great deco ideas are preserved, and live on.

From what I understand, Pluffy was an "old school" (pre deco tool!) UO decorating legend. Some of her designs, including her wonderful "how to" guides, are saved here. Look at the entry for "toilet". :)

One of the fun things is modifying other people's designs to make something new or to suit your own deco project. Have fun!

-Skylark