• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Murderer of the Month Hall of Fame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M0rgan

Spiritwood was so far the safest stables for pk's and greys...

Was i said... till they moved to trammel...because pk's had several raids... so no safe stables anymore for pk's and greys...

all the other spots are pretty risky

A

alkaiser88

Necro 105
SS 105
Tactics 105
Fencing 110
Focus 100
Anatomy 105
Meditation 80 (which will go down when I get more PS)
95 Str, 85 Dex, 45 Int

N

NewbLJ

90 / 90 / 45

110 fencing
110 tactics
110 anat
100 hiding
105 stealth
85 focus
100 healing

this guy really rocks!
stealth up behind my mark..... Army my trusty " Rib Tickler " (dp dagger hehe)
if the fight lasts long enough i will wait till i am in trouble and throw in a shadow strike, a 20% damage bonus for the hit and it hides you as well! then if i am in trouble i can just stealth away.... the things some people say to this guy are really funny!

P

pirogoeth

heres one for you.

id have to say 99% save, guards cant get you out here. (right after i took this pic the guy in the upper right corner screamed guards but they coudnt get to me)

T

TheLoneRodent

110 Mage
110/120 Eval
110/120 Med
105/120 Fencing
106/115 Resist
100 Scribe
All extra points are used in Chiv, for remove curse and Conc. Weapon.

Wears a set of GM made armor that can be modded with RA and Magic Reflect to either have 40 70 70 68 64, or 67 ? ? ? ?. Dont exactly remember the resists when its modded to fight a dexer.. 2/6 Casting with +8 Int on the ring and 12% to hit on the brace, coupled with the sheild, his hit chance is +21% over all.

Hes quite effective, the Scribe/Int bonus allows for some decent spell damage, so taking down light armored opponents in two-three spells in extremely common, but he also packs the defensive capabilitys to survive mild ganks, the template works well in groups or solo.

G

thats classic, if i wasnt playing siege i would use that spot hehe.

F

Fenara

You can also bank from your boat in Nu'Jelm without fear from guards... you have to maneuver your boat as close as possible and walk to the closest end to the bank, though

*clarifies: maneuver your boat as close to the bank as possible and walk to the end of your boat that is closest to the bank, you DONT have to leave your boat*

D

Dark Angel

On the Atlantic Shard there is a player-run town that has a stable. That's where my tamer stables all the time. I'll found out where it is and post it later, unless someone else beats me to it.

S

Salt FoamBreaker

That is also where the boat miners try to unload ore into the bank/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

S

Soul_Seeker

Blood Hunter:
Necro: 115
Magery: 115
Meditation: 100
Spirt speak: 100
Magic resist: 100
Eval:110

T

Torran

I use housing placement tool to check my balance. I use bags of sending to send gold. Thats 100% safe

O

OC2

This is mine,

115 Eval Int
100 Magery
100 Fencing
100 Poisoning
100 Meditation
100 Parry
100 Resist

S

Soul_Seeker

My pure mage:
Dark Blood:
110 Magery
110 Eval int
100 med
110 Spirt Speak
100 parry
100 magic resist
100 wrestling

Should i drop parry for Focus?

K

Kalan

My Template:
Kalan
Archery 110 (90 now)
Magery 110 (105 now)
Ev. Int. 115
Meditation 100
Magic Resist 110
Anatomy 35
Focus 20 (for Medit)
Tactics 100
----------
Stats 80/40/105 (soon +10/15 stat)

Using Spell Chaneling Crosbow ( Concl Blow Makes Pain to mages with Flame Str + Special Move next)
Jewelry - Spell dmg /Dmg incr + faster casting + faster cast recovery

F

Fox

Fox:

before:
110 archery
110 anatomy
100 tactics
100 focus
110 magery
110 ev int
60 hiding

stats: 55/100/70

now:
magery 110
ev int 110
necromancy 100 (80)
spirit speak 100 (60)
meditation 100
wrestling 115
hiding 35
focus 30

stats: 85/15/125

I found that a good PvP character is not a good murderer after all. I mean... you
can kill almost every other character but what if they are three or even more? So
i've decided to make a change and become a mass murderer who handles his
problems with an aura of energy vortex and wither.Hope i'm right.

G

Grommit

August's winner is Salt Foambreaker!

<blockquote><hr>

HAR This month I had a wild battle so I can post, last month was terrible, deck examinations ARGHH...

So I had just boarded me vessel with me new Pirate, Dead Fisherman, a Mage, and was about to check fer any available crew when along comes Kaitlyn, Trance, Blue in Restricted Waters, Landlubber, typical./php-bin/shared/images/icons/biglaugh2.gif

Well I relieved her of her life and her possessions including a nice FC FCR set (2/3) for me mage. No insurance so it is all there!!

Next thing I know there are recallers!! In a repeating succession of resuses and recalls Kaitlyn and her crew:
Leeloo [CFH]
Aedros Rhannath
Chaka'thuga [ORK]

Came in and out, 1-2 at a time, we battled non-stop for about 30-45 minutes, me sweeping in and out laying death and destruction on their deck, them hitting me with Poison and attack spells every time I came near.

I could hardly keep track of who I was fighting and many times I was just putting death and destruction on the deck because there was something alive.

Several times I swept in to find the deck had accumulated an extra corpse but before I could even think about looting a crew or two would return. Right into me Poison Fields they would Recall.

In the end I swept in and found two corpses aft and another forward, a ghost ran with the ship, I sat back and let it go, they fought hard for a small prowless ship!!

I can honestly never be sure how many fell that day, at times where the Poison Fields would clear I could see the corpses on the deck, other times I would only return to the next wave recalling in to protect the loot on deck. I think there was some Sacrifice rezes as well. In that one battle I burned up to 90 of some regs.

Anyway as far as I can tell I can see:
Kaitlyn /php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif
Leeloo [CFH] /php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif
Aedros Rhannath[ElF] /php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif
Chaka'thuga [ORK] /php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif

I could be off by 1 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/death2.gif either way, in fact sometimes I could not tell if they died or recalled so I left those out, it was really wild/php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/devillaugh.gif

Sorry no pics, but I did save the Battle Journal/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biglaugh2.gif

EDIT: Just reread me journal and notice AngelA [OnE], she was the ghost that took the ship away, allthough I got no idea how she died. Also notice at the end my ship refreshed? The battle lasted long enough for the ship to go from new to slightly, however long that is!

<hr></blockquote>

W

WaRGAsM_SiK

pre-p16
gm mage
gm med
gm eval
gm resist
gm wrestle
gm hiding
gm poisoning

p16
120 mage
120 wrestle
110 eval
110 med
110 resist
100 hiding
rest was in poison still

AOS
120 mage
120 eval
120 wrestle
120 parry
116.9 resist
110 med
rest is in focus
105 25 125 stats

M

MichaelDeFool

what it is what i want
Magery 100 110
Meditation 110 110
eval 101 110
necro 100.1 105
hiding 100 100
spirit speak 96.1 100
resist 64 anything left

C

cloudmatix

this is what im looking at

necro/mage (red)
110 magery
110 eval
110 med
110 ss
100 anatomy
80 resist
75 necro (and wearing jewelry so its around 95)

tank/necro (red)
110 swords
110 tactics
110 anatomy
100 necro
110 ss
110 resist
rest in focus

got any way to make it better with only a skill cap of 705 IM me at duran80sduran

L

Lycian

SS Dexer:
120 Anatomy
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Spirit Speak
120 Healing
120 Meditation

Str: 55
Int: 50
Dex: 120

*Really really needs a stat scroll /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif*

Scribe Mage:
120 Eval - Currently 110
GM Magery
GM Meditation
GM Inscription
GM Parry
GM Wrestling
GM Resist

Str: 88
Dex: 12
Int: 125

Need a stat scroll here, also /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

K

Kheldar_SiK

pre p-16
fencing 100
tactics 100
anat 100
healing 100
magery 100
eval 100
medi 100
str 80, dex 75, int 70

p-16
anat 120
healing 115
resist 100
medi 100
magery 110
eval 100

str 90, dex 35, int 100

AOS

anat 120
parry 120
eval 115
magery 115
medi 110
resist 105.8

str 100, dex 25, int 125

(all the skills are current to there times)

B

Balduvar2

The stablemaster that Dark Angel was refering to is the Serpent's Cross Tavern on Atlantic. I used to stable there all the time when my characters went red. Now my characters all ride etheral mounts and as my tamer is not a pvp char, I don't really have any more need for the stable.

G

Here is what I'm using right now, still needs a few scrolls and such but he's perfectly useable as is:
110 Evaluating Intelligence
110 Magery
110 Necromancy
110 Meditation
110 Spirit Speak
100 Anatomy
29.9 Hiding
20.1 Tracking
20 Focus
110 str
100 int
20 dex

Now if only I wasn't dialup heh, 260 ping BLOWS.

F

Franco

The Spiritwood stable master is back now. I would assume that the Deepwater one will be as well but i aint looked there yet.

G

Grommit

October's Winner is Lightblade (Contributed by Galrahn).

Read about his kill here.

I

imported_Hazard

This is somewhat accurate.

There are three stablemasters on Baja, although at the moment they might not be active due to the recent NPC changes. If they haven't been re-activated I'm sure they will be back shortly.

The first stablemaster is in the city of Dawn, located SE of Wrong Dungeon. Look for a small keep.

The second stablemaster is in the City of Avalon Town Hall, located on the peninsula west of Wrong. Look for a tower, and stop by my rune library while you are at it. I've had it running since '98 or so.

The third stablemaster was once part of the player city of Haven, located south of Avalon and SW of Wrong. This one is a little harder to find and isn't currently connected to any buildings at the moment.

S

-Saul- (SP)

"Hi. My name is Saul.
I'm a murderer."

I play a stealth necro. Its not the best in any way but its fun to play.
Of course, its really great for murdering. With necromancy I cant be tracked unless their Tracking is 80.1 muwahaha. Which is good since no one has that.

Pitchfork is of course the weapon of choice with Bleed and Dismount. Stealth up with dismount or bleed set and cast a Wither. With FCR4 its pretty nasty with how fast those can go off in succession.

The Necromancer is made for being on foot with the forms not allowing mounts and all; Stealth just enforces this further.
Without Tactics or Anatomy, the weapon only servers two purposes:
1. To dismount [the extra damage it does is not dependant on skill]
2. Evasion rate
Without any skill-derived damage bonuses, having a hard hitting weapon is not nearly as effective as a weapon with Bleed, which will do its damage at range after initial contact, regardless of Tactics or Anatomy. It also interrupts as a primary function of the "dexxer attack".
Hence the pitchfork is ideal since nearly all the damage is dishes out is not affected by other skills, which allow for Hiding/Stealth and the full Necromancer skillset. Its also a decent weapon as far as damage and speed go... Dexterity is less of an issue[as of AoS attributes no longer give a skill bonus, so Dexterity is no longer needed for Hide/Stealth, and on Trammel shards passive reveal is gone.], so go low and max Intelligence for more mana.

Stealth necro = fun. Drawbacks include:
Lack of mount!
Lack of group PvP skills which might include more defense or offense than Hiding/Stealth, such as Parry or Magery.

My template and projected template:

110 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak [110, waiting on fix for Siege]
100 Meditation
110 Fencing
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
80 Resist[100]

R

RenaiQuelor

104str
125int
21dex

120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 wrestle
115.x(120) resist
GM scribe
20.1 tracking

A

Adam Killer

115 mage
120 eval
120 anatomy
120 mace
120 med
110 resist

100 30 125 *sc no - war axe for bleed/AI and scepter for mortal/crushing)

oh and anatomy+eval/2=wrestle is a nice suprise when disarmers think theyre gonna get an easy kill

A

age-TC

I only have been playing again since sept so char is not scrolled out all the way yet.

Currently am

110 magery
110 eval
120 wrestle
110 med
120 resist
100 inscribe

105 str
20 dex
125 int

This character does ok, but is vulnerable to dexxers with HCI and special moves.

Once I get better gear and a few more pscrolls I will be

120 magery
120 eval
120 wrestle
120 med
120 resist
120 parry

G

Grommit

The winner for the November 2003 MoM is Lord ORion with the following tale of death:

<blockquote><hr>

Heres how it started. My friend Duncan went to deceit champ with V^V guild. While they were all at the spawn Duncan decided to leave the spawn area. He told the members of V^V that he saw PK's.
The thing is there were no pk's.
Duncan left the dungeon, recalled to his house and called me. He told me to kill him...lol...so I did.

I then realised what he was trying, he wanted for it to say on party that he was killed by another player. According to Duncan then all the V^V members got kinda scared. Duncan was meanwhile laughing his head off.

Anyhow then we decided to go to the dungeon and do some real pk'ing.
Duncan quickly changed chars to Spine.

Upon entering the dungeon I saw a member of V^V, Moloch, Chased him around a bit and we fought, Was indeed a worthy fight however he fell.

I res'd him, healed and gave him kop regs. Im a nice pk.

Then me and Spine advanced into the spawn. I dont have screenshots of the killings here but i can say a lot happened. They died a lot and fairly quickly. The ww's were very annoying however, I say this because Snowman (WW) killed Spine lol.

After a lot of killing i retreated up one level and hid near the doors. They also decided to retreat however I killed em 1by1 when they came near.

After a lot more killing i went outside the dungeon. Here I killed a blue not member of V^V.

And sad to say but finally I fell to a very might I say cowardly way hehe.
However i got resd and got my stuff back. I had, had enough fun for the day and got decent loot.

I resd the blues that were still dead, wished them good luck and left.
I thank V^V for the fun and I hope they enjoyed it too, because me and Spine sure did.

<hr></blockquote>

Congrats Lord ORion!

A

Amphetamine48

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Anatomy Or Wrestle
120 Resist
100 Scribe
19.1 Tracking
115 STR
115 INT
25 Dex
Gear would have to consist of Mana Regen 6 or more Armor
6 mana regen = 120 focus

H

Haus n Franz

Wow, I havnt played UO in so long. I quit right before the second expansion I think. I decided to come back and play on one of the old school player run servers. Here is my template:

GM Magery
GM Meditation
GM Eval Int
GM Magic Resist
GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy

I have a question though, since I havnt played in so long. Does focus affect archery users? And is GM Anatomy going to outway Focus? I was also thinking of high tracking instead of anatomy, because I like to always know whats around. What do you all think?

L

Lysergia

In case Lake Superior players don't know, the town of Rivendell has a stablemaster that Reds can use. The town is west of britain, along the water. Can look it up on stratics for more precise directions.

G

I would say to stick with the GM anat, as you've already got meditation. With a good crossbow you should do pretty well using the whole concussion blow thing.

My Template:

Gm magery
Gm Eval
Gm Magery
Gm Resist
Gm Necromancy
Gm Spirit Speak
Gm meditation

stats: 100/13/112

G

good job, i seem to remember asking someone or anyone to write a guide like this when i was moderating the forum. It's good to see someone finally did.

T

TorchFlameborn

Swords 100
Magery 110
Eval 115
Med 110
SS 100
Parry 100
Spell Resist 96.3 (Been stuck for a week /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif)

G

my new SP pk.

120 eval
115 mage
115 med
115 anat
GM heal
GM resist
20.1 track
rest in focus.

But I may drop heal for Parry and 120 it. Not sure. He is +30 stats too.

L

Lady Bamoo

I'm new to the "Profession". I also noticed that I didn't see one single template that uses Chivalry. Is it not viable? Would I be better off with parrying? Anyway, here is my current template.

120/120 Macing
110/110 Tactics
110/110 Anatomy
105/115 Resist
94.7/100 Focus
100/110 Healing
79.3/75 Chivalry

Should I take the Chivalry and replace it with Parrying or maybe even Hiding? The guild I'm in uses GM supplies and doesn't insure.
Any advice would be awesome. PM me if you have any please.

G

Regarding Serpent's Hold:
<blockquote><hr>

If you want to check your balance however, dont bother. You need to see the NPC to do that which requires you to go inside the guardzone.

<hr></blockquote>

If you just want to check your balance, you don't even need to go anywhere near a bank. Use a housing tool.

E

Elcid

ATM I am working on this PvP Template, Not nearly finished

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Necromancy
120 SpiritSpeak
120 Meditation
120 Magic Resist

I think it will work if a can get a 70 suit with a lot of % Def chance

G

greene