• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Most Anticipated MMO?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darkfall has just had a few delays. The game is still going strong and RazorWax has set a firm date for it's release.
According to Tasos, one of the Darkfall devs, "Public beta will be as long as it needs to be. We hope and we’re working hard so that it won’t need to be very long. The clan beta will likely be a stage of public beta. The announcement of launch within the year is an official company commitment and it’s not a guestimate."

Here's his latest update: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=1416222#post1416222

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm,

If there was a Sesame Street Online, there is no doubt in my mind that it would be the One MMORPG To Rule Them All...

With spells like "Summon Big Bird" and AoE spells like "Tickle Me, Elmo!", there could be some potential here. Special moves like "Cookie Monster Munch n' Crunch Flatulent Attack!" and don't forget "Rubber Duckie Shine Shine Bubble Attack!" it's a win/win situation.

Throw in some blood, some combo's, "fatalities" and such... That would be blinkin' interesting. You can go berserk when you focus your ki and summon the anger of Oscar the Grouch spirit totem.

All I need are some investors for the game, and I'm hoping I can get SSO (Sesame Street Online) off the ground! The selling point would be that because of the financial situation, Sesame Street is now an open PvP zone in which one must defend their homes from squatters, the government, banks, real estate agents, etc. Special NPC avatars like "Gordon", "Maria", and "Bob" (just a few examples) would make random appearances and would help the storyline along. It would be a dog-eat-dog world but with Muppets.

S

Saris

hmm with all the old rpg companies gone it would be easy to aquire said titles,
how about Wizardy Online or, Might and Magic Worlds, or with everyone wanting good looks(UO is fine for me) how about an Eledr Scrolls MMO?

edit ps or with everyone wanting Fallout how bout the EA distributed game that started the setting, Wasteland, I would love to have a sandbox MMO that would gleefully show the ruins of Hollywood post nuclear

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
neocron (aka neocron 2) is also post-nuclear.
I thought that game is gone for good but tt seems to be ver.2.2 now adays. I played 1.0 and it was ugly and no fun.

I might take a look this 10 day trial.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Darkfall. Darkfall is similar to what UO could've been if EA had not gotten ahold of UO. Aventurine has officially stated that Darkfall release date is in 2008. All other games past UO are basically clones of EQ, completely based on the grind and once you reach max level (End Game), there's absolutely nothing to do. Plus not to mention, their's basically no freedom in the EQ clones, everyone does the same quests from X Level to X Level, basically everyone is wearing the same thing at max level (Like S3 Gear in WoW), etc. I still play UO, i've been playing it for about 11 years, since 97, and i still find stuff to do in it.
AoC is half a game for full price. So many bugs, so many missing features, so much "to be patched in later" crap. Like how the Stats are busted in it, having more Strength does not make you do any more damage, etc. Not to mention just like all the other EQ Clones, it's incredibly linear.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reply to Saris.

Bethesda is currently making Fallout 3, and they've stated they have no intentions of making an MMO soon, whether it be Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Don't think anyone can make another Might & Magic or even an MMO of it because noone has the rights to it. Pity, considering i remember playing M&M 2 on the Commodore and the last M&M i played was Might & Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer. Good games.

G

Gallahan

I could definitely be wrong but I think the publisher of Might & Magic, etc. went bankrupt? If I remember correctly they were looking to do an MMO based on some of their IP right before going under. This could be total BS btw :p

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, 3DO went bankrupt shortly after releasing Might & Magic IX. Didn't hear about any MMO though.

L

Lairkingo

Things I think would be the best MMOs:

1. GTA
2. Starcraft
3. Fallout
4. Total Annihilation

L

landoa10

:sword:Darkfall is the mmo for me :ten: , but also i would like to request a GTA mmo as that would kick ass so much if you get the same freedom as in their current games :gun:

:cheerleader:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is online versions of GTA, just not official. Have to mod a bit, but there definately is online GTA servers. Use a search engine to find them.

E

Eldorian

Another one I just remembered....

The unannounced Bioware MMO that is speculated to be in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic universe.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bioware...if i remember right they went bankrupt (Or was it Black Isle Studios?). They created the Baldur's Gate Series (One of the best computer game series ever, the best D&D Computer Game Series as well, better than the Neverwinter Nights Series), and were in the proccess of making Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound when they went bankrupt.

One of the things that made the Baldur's Gate series stand out the most was it's party interaction. Party members would extensively interact with each other and you, even to the point of mutiny and attacking each other. (One reason why you didn't want Minsc and Dynaheir in the same party as Edwin, or have Xzar and Montaron in the same party as Khalid and Jaheira, they would eventually fight each other to the death.)
They had some characters that you would genuinely like, and others with such a personality that you'd hate. I didn't like Khalid much because he was such a nervous twit. Minsc was just plain hilarious with "Boo". Xan was pretty annoying because he was such an Emo. Viconia was a cruel, seductress (Her being Drow and all). Aerie was annoying with her constant whining (Although her being a Cleric/Mage made up for it some.) Etc.

Here's some quotes from the BG series, alot of it is pretty funny.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_series#Xan

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, wait. Let me check. Okay, it's still blinkin' Aion: The Tower of Eternity that I'm looking forward to. I've been keeping tabs on the progress of other games, but the very fabric of my soul is still being drawn to Aion. It must be covert, subliminal communication, or the fact that they've further improved character customization. I mean, come on, what says "I'm going to humbly kick your buttocks!" then one's character/avatar the size of a blinkin' Smurf!

Even More Character Customization Goodness!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, just went and installed Baldur's Gate 1 (Damn nostalgia), and the installer said it was developed by Bioware, and published by Black Isle Studios. Black Isle is the one that went bankrupt. Sucks, because the BG series was awesome and they were in the proccess of making Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound.

Pretty sure i know what it was going to be about as well. In BG 2: ToB, at the very end, you could become the new God of Murder, thus taking that portfolio from Cyric. What determines whether you can choose to become a benevolent deity or the new God of Murder, was your' interaction with Cyric in your own pocketplane. If you told Cyric you would assume your rightful place and claim the Throne of Blood for yourself, you could choose to become the new God of Murder, but wouldn't have the option of becoming a benevolent deity. If you told Cyric that he could keep the throne, you would have the option of becoming a benevolent deity.
BG 3 probably would've started with you as a Deity, i'm guessing "The Black Hound" refers to Kezef the Chaos Hound, a being that looks like the skeleton of a mastiff with maggots comprising the rest of it's body, it feeds on the souls of the devout (the followers of Gods). It used to be imprisoned by Oghma and several other Gods, but Cyric the Mad (God of Lies/Murder) released Kezef in the "Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad" book. You'd probably have to protect your followers from Kezef and fight Cyric in BG 3.

T

Tyr

I want to play SGW. Then again I`ve been a fanboy for a long time.

D

Daysy

The most interesting looking game in development looks like the Stargate one, simply because it looks like more than killing will be needed to complete quests. Although I'm currently quite happy in EverQuest II and Vanguard, I'd look at any new MMO which is subscription based and doesn't revolve around PvP.

J

Jack

http://www.champions-online.com/

It's a new superhero MMO. I don't care much for game lore, well at all, but I really enjoyed City of Heroes and played that for about 2 years. This game appears to be building on pretty much everything that CoH should of had!

D

Dani

I never played CoH, but my husband and brother did for a little while. I always wanted to try it, but never got around to it. Maybe I'll have to check this one out instead. :)

Darkholme

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been waiting for a good Sandbox MMOG to come out. For the fantasy genre these two look to be the most promising.

On the Sci-Fi front I've been keeping an Eye on Earthrise:

http://www.play-earthrise.com/

As far as I am aware there aren't any teaser movies out for it yet.

I'm not really interested in any more Amusement Park MMOGS, but I'll be interested to check out Stargate Worlds when it comes to beta, and I am still hoping that the World of Darkness MMOG will happen.

Non-Linear Sandbox MMOGs for the epic win... ;)