• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Morphius Epaulettes

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
crazy good item. any guesses what it will be worth??

View attachment 112615
They are probably the best stamina piece in that slot, so just about anyone with a 'dexxer' character will want to use this. After the event is over for 6+ months, if these are in short supply, I could see them being priced similar to Cameos.

Price over the next month will depend on overall artifact drop rate and how many people grab them up. Today/tomorrow, they will probably be expensive on VS - probably the first very few will go for 100m+ until available quantity increases. My guess is that this will be the item that most people use turn in points to purchase from the Deceit event rewards and there will be a good amount of them out there by the end of the event. As more and more people participate, prices will be significantly down by end of the month so that will likely be best time to get them.

I am hearing mixed things about the drop rate at this point and haven't tested myself yet - will be able to better evaluate in another couple of days.

Tyson

Seasoned Veteran
They are probably the best stamina piece in that slot, so just about anyone with a 'dexxer' character will want to use this. After the event is over for 6+ months, if these are in short supply, I could see them being priced similar to Cameos.

Price over the next month will depend on overall artifact drop rate and how many people grab them up. Today/tomorrow, they will probably be expensive on VS - probably the first very few will go for 100m+ until available quantity increases. My guess is that this will be the item that most people use turn in points to purchase from the Deceit event rewards and there will be a good amount of them out there by the end of the event. As more and more people participate, prices will be significantly down by end of the month so that will likely be best time to get them.

I am hearing mixed things about the drop rate at this point and haven't tested myself yet - will be able to better evaluate in another couple of days.
Since merlin obviously doesn't pvp he doesn't realize how this will not only evolutionism the efficient of PVM jewels/suits it will greatly enhance the ability to make dominating 210+ stam archer suits. So his price guess to me is poop

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we only have until 11/15/2020 (slightly over a month) to get these, they're going to be expensive (and worth every coin =D). although the item doesn't say it's shard-bound on the reward list, it seems that they are intended to be shard-bound when claimed... according to UO.com. long grind farming these points. with so many people.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since merlin obviously doesn't pvp he doesn't realize how this will not only evolutionism the efficient of PVM jewels/suits it will greatly enhance the ability to make dominating 210+ stam archer suits. So his price guess to me is poop
I do PVP - you just don't know who I am in the PVP world.

I am well aware of how powerful these will be from both a PVP and PVM perception. Like I said in my post - every single dexxer is going to want these and will be able to make use of them. There is absolutely going to be demand for them from both the PVP and PVM world.

For that reason, this will likely be the most common reward Deceit event participants use their turn in points for and there will be a fair amount of these out there in about a month. Especially given that these rewards do cycle around every few years based on past history with other similar Halloween events, they won't be impossible to obtain.

Since you obviously only have your own business interests in mind, I am not surprised you disagree with my assessment that this is worth less than your attempt to over value this item from the starting gate:
1602184786084.png

I do admire your entrepreneurship and can't blame you for trying to get the most out of it as you can. However, that doesn't mean you should bully others either. Instead of insulting members of the community next time with your condescending comments simply because you don't see eye to eye on price, perhaps you could have read my full post where I said "I am hearing mixed things about the drop rate at this point and haven't tested myself yet - will be able to better evaluate in another couple of days." Until we have a better sense of how many of these are out there and how many people are putting on the market, your guess is no better than mine in terms of future pricing. I think these will end up in the 250-300m range in about 6 months if there are enough of them out there. I could also be totally wrong. There is no need to take a personal jab at me or anyone else simply because you disagree with them.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
i'm thinking theses things might not be on VS at all. maybe they will be like cameos and just be strait auction because no one will sell under 175

they really are as valuable as cameos in my opinion. maybe more since they could become scarce after the event is done

_Pekkulus_

Adventurer
they are limited, they will be worth more than cameos at some point for sure. The masks were quite cheap when the event was on. before they were available at this event, they were like 130 mill which is insane. This item being fking op as fk will be worth more than that

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets explore these insane ideas of 'expected value' ... what kind of toon would you use this on? what would you replace?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lets explore these insane ideas of 'expected value' ... what kind of toon would you use this on? what would you replace?
What do archers and throwers wear as robes? 5 DCI item? Why? you should stay back from attacks.
A great item for archers and throwers, their weapons are the slowest, the 10SSI is great. One of my archers will have 60 SSI. Plus the +8 stamina! That will put my archers at 220 Stamina.
What do Sampires wear? This will allow for less Dex or free up a ring spot.

Gonna be a stupid high price. Look how Cuffs and Gauntlets sky rocketed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain They wear mana regen in pvp and stats in pvm, neither of which is provided by the new epaulette.
2 MR over 10SSI? None of my melee toons have low mana when fighting. Most players use leech on weapons.
So you wanna sell me a few of these for 100M? Ill do those margins.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Demand > Supply.... Have > Have Nots

some folks have a lot of gold to spend. :thumbup1:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Top archer runs two bard masteries without running out of mana.
Bottom is a tamer/archer that can run consume for 3 min and do specials. If the target has a slayer he can run consume forever.
Both will love the 10SSI
1602401402941.png

Melee guys have regen but get mana from Leech on weapons, so they never run out.
I prefer Stamina to get speed. All 3 are 1.25 with their weapons.

1602401203792.png

All these guys will love the new Epaulet. they all use the blackthorn one now.

@Naxatilor Feluka I dont understand how melee dexxers dont already hit at max speed with their weapons.
It is not easy to build an archer that shoots at max speed tho.

10 SSI and 8 more dex would allow me to change a few stats and make all these guys hit harder.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im confused.

You say PvM does not need MR.
Im assuming this is a dexxer piece.. What pvm dexxers need mana regen? You could make a case for hpr, but I could make a case for VAMP form.
We are arguing here because you say the epaulet does not have stats. What do you call SSI and Stamina other than stats?
@Pawain They wear mana regen in pvp and stats in pvm, neither of which is provided by the new epaulette.

The 5DCI 2 MR epaulet does not fit in any of your arguments. Why do you think it is better?

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because endless leeching is not a thing in pvp. They need mana regen. --> 5dci mr2 epaulette

I agree that its good for archers, but to say 'they will have immense value due only due to archers' is a bit deluded. Archers are currently an inferior template at *ALMOST* everything. Good archer suits are already over 211 stam currently with 60ssi between jewels and weapons.

Top tier archer suits are already overcapped on stam and 60ssi, so this item provides nothing to the top end.

Its an 'ok' item for an 'ok' suit, and 'ok' items do not sell for 'cameo prices.'

Jake of Pac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
can confirm epauls will be meta for samp suits going forward. takes an imbue slot from an armor piece, making the two imbued pieces much stronger for a meta suit, as well as space on a jewel for stats. add in that free 3 lmc. you do not need mr in pvm on a sampire, nor on any pvm toon. leeches are king. you will already have that MR on any decent pvp toon. it will be guaranteed in any archer mage pvp suit as well.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
archer pvps are bad and niche at least. 'takes an imbue slot from an armor piece'? what? like you would take stam off an armor piece? for what? lol

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
These things are already selling for far more than cameos. And I think that will continue.

I’m Learning a bit from the back and forth, but it’s getting a little heated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
archer pvps are bad and niche at least. 'takes an imbue slot from an armor piece'? what? like you would take stam off an armor piece? for what? lol
Wanna sell me some futures? Ill buy all you have for 200M each.