• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Mistic Thrower PvM template questions

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm interesting in getting advices/suggestions on my char

Skills and current skill caps:
Throwning 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Misticism 110
Focus 100
Chivalry 115
Meditation 100

Stats: 100/109/16

Skills cap 700
Stats cap 225 (going to buy PS25 in a week or two - when I get money for it)

I've got a pretty cheap armor suit:
70 res all, 20 hp, 48 dex, 44 int, 31 lmc, 100 lrc

I'm goint to get:
Soul Glaive 50% DI, 25% SSI%, 40% HML, 12% HCI, 13% DCI
Ring + Bracelet: 2 FC, 6 FCR, 50% DI, 28% HCI

1. Skills?
I have problems with spellcasters so I'm going to replace Anatomy with Resisting Spells.
I want to drop Meditation to get other 6 skills to 115-120.

2. Stats?
I believe I need 120 STR (to increase range to 10) and slightly more DEX (to have 150+ stam after taking a light hit by a spell)

3. Spells/Moves/Tactic/Combos?
Close Wounds/Cleanse by Fire and sometimes Cleansing Winds - to heal/Cure
Healing Stone - to heal small damage or for urgent heals
Spell Trigger - to get another Healing Stone fast (can't put Cleansing Winds in the stone yet)
Concentrate Weapon and Enchant non stop
Divine Fury - to refresh stamina
Enemy of One - always when possible
Dispel Evil/Remove Curse - by situation (rare)
AI/MS - by situation (often)

Sometimes I'm trying Spell Plague + hit hit hit
Sometimes Rising Colossus + Mass Sleep (to make monsters "forget" about me)
I believe I need high Misticism/Focus for those combos to be efficient (92/100 right now)

4. Equipment?
25% SSI - 2 sec with 150 stam
40% HCI (+5% racial) - don't like when I miss
2/6 - may be lesser but 0/0 is diffinitely insufficient
DCI - don't sure I need it (I'm hit by spells mostly)
HML - becouse I'm going to drop meditation
HLL/HSL - look like useless mods for me (due to small amounts hp/stam leached)
(plz split equipment suggestions in "real" and "ideal" categories)

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think better necromancy 40+ spritspeak 60 or healing 100 than meditation 100.

I dont know you fight some monster.
But my thrower fight saccubus,and I hit 2 AI when saccubus died.

If you want fight slasher or scalis/corgal,I think better change skill.
And you have room, can you have 50 bushido?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think better necromancy 40+ spritspeak 60 or healing 100 than meditation 100.
Miditation is a temp skill in my template. It's marked down (~45 at the moment).

I dont know you fight some monster.
Right now I mostly do SA mini-champs but I'm going to try all big monsters in the game later.

I've replaced Anatomy with Resisting Spells. Spellcasters are much more easier now.

And you have room, can you have 50 bushido?
I've been playing UO two months only so I even haven't room to get all my primary 6 skills to 120.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with Semmerset that adding in healing or necro/ss combo would be a good idea. I think I would personally go with the necro/ss combo because you can keep getting mana on many foes that will let you cast spells and I have always found mana to be hard to get. That being said using healing is a bit easier for new characters. The only other good advice I can give is get yourself tons of consumables and start practicing. You need to have and know how to use a trap box (set up the macro now), apples and pots. Its just a part of the upper tiers of the game and practicing when your starting makes it much easier to master. I am still trying to undo the damage I caused when I first started in the late 90's by not using pots. Hell even after being back for 3 years I have trouble always remembering to chug. So get that out of the way now if you can. Also if your using mystic remember that cleansing winds is your friend. Set that macro and get good and launching it. (As an aside Semmerset thank you for coming in here and sharing the knowledge from the Japanese shards some of the most fun and useful temps I have run I have gotten from the Asian shards. Your English is better then at least 3/4 of the internet and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you ever are on Chesy please come visit me!)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I agree with Semmerset that adding in healing or necro/ss combo would be a good idea.
To get necro/ss I should drop something. And I don't see what I could drop.
At the moment I don't have problem with mana even when I cast 5 spells in a row. (With one exception - rare situations when I was Mana Drained)

You need to have and know how to use a trap box (set up the macro now), apples and pots.
How much boxes I'd need to keep with me for PvM? Some monsters try to paralize you every few seconds. I don't want to carry 150-200 stones equipment when PvM.
Healing Potions doesn't work for me. Every time I try to use one I get a message something like "you have just got healed by some other method so you shoud wait for a cooldown".

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Also if your using mystic remember that cleansing winds is your friend. Set that macro and get good and launching it.
When healing from a Healing Stone is not enough I usually use Close Wounds. It seems to faster than cleansing winds. When I know that I have enough time to cast spell I use cleansing winds because it heals almost two times more (50+) damage.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is faster then cleansing winds. But it should be its much much less powerful.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a pretty cheap armor suit:
70 res all, 20 hp, 48 dex, 44 int, 31 lmc, 100 lrc
Corwin, I am learning how to build suits and would you please list how the above is distributed on you armor?

Thanks, Katrena