Mana Regen

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 30, 2007
I have 17 MR on my mage's suit. I know there is diminishing returns with MR. At what point is additional MR simply not worth adding?

A

A Rev

From what i remember diminishing returns kicks in at 12MR.

So if you were really being pedantic it would be that.

17-18 is probably as far as you would want to take it though.

I know almost all my mages suits run close to that (except my pvm mystic who has 24mr...which i love btw)

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 30, 2007

So if you were really being pedantic it would be that.

I know almost all my mages suits run close to that (except my pvm mystic who has 24mr...which i love btw)
Very good information. Thanks. Do you also run med and/or focus? My mage has 115 med with intent to take to 120 when I get a scroll.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jan 2, 2010

Uh...are you saying my 34 mana regen is pointless?..

Is there a specific table that shows how little the return is each point over 12? I'd like to know..

T

Tazar

Uh...are you saying my 34 mana regen is pointless?..

Is there a specific table that shows how little the return is each point over 12? I'd like to know..
It's not pointless... but the return on the additional MR is so low that you are probably better off using that property slot on a few items for something else.

There is no chart that I know of - just random statements from Dev's and player experience.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The diminishing returns occurs after 10. Diminishing returns isn't as useless as people think, it works roughly like the next 5 or so after 10 count as 0.8, the next 5 after that count as 0.6 and so on.

MR from items is capped at 30.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
The diminishing returns occurs after 10. Diminishing returns isn't as useless as people think, it works roughly like the next 5 or so after 10 count as 0.8, the next 5 after that count as 0.6 and so on.

MR from items is capped at 30.
As of Publish 46, the Mana Regeneration item property became subject to diminishing returns. The hard cap on MR was removed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
I guess UOStratics is wrong. If you go to that page you will see what I copied.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
What items are you all using to get your MR so high? Most of my mage builds only fit 9 or so with 120 meditation. I find that I start trading away DCI and HPI to get that high in MR.

-OBSIDIAN-

A

A Rev

Well i use

Pendant (3)
Crown of arcane tempermant (2)
Protector of battle Mage (2)
2mr arms
2mr gloves
2mr legs
conjurers (2)
tangle (2)

Thats 17.

Could use the cloak and tali for an extra 2. Shield for an extra 3 (i use the 20DCI shield)

If im in a PvM situation i use the 30SDI 3mr book as well (if i dont have an MR slayer)

Edit - Final suit build ends up with

65DCI
25hpi
28MI
+10 int
2/6
15% Casting focus (scribe)
10% SDI (losing a little here, i could fit on ring but dont)
+ a few skills (i rather that than EP)

All 70's

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
Thanks for the lineup. I'm going to run this through my spreadsheet later. I admit I don't think you can get 25 HPI on this suit without using a Crimson Cincture. If you put 5 HPI each on the imbued sleeves, gloves, and leggings you'd still be 10 short. And if you have 5 HPI and MR2 on those same pieces I think you'd also have trouble hitting all 70s if you also have LMC and LRC on thoses pieces.

What tali are you using? Do you use a mage weapon (and thus fit +20 Magery on the ring/brace) or use wrestle (or eval/anat).

Thanks for your ideas. You use some pieces I've never tried fitting into a suit plan before. I'm definitely going to see if I can make this work for my mystic-necro spawner.

-OBSIDIAN-

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 30, 2007
Thanks for all the information and the calculator. This will help as I re-evaluate my mage's suit.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2006
Well i use

Pendant (3)
Crown of arcane tempermant (2)
Protector of battle Mage (2)
2mr arms
2mr gloves
2mr legs
conjurers (2)
tangle (2)

Thats 17.

Could use the cloak and tali for an extra 2. Shield for an extra 3 (i use the 20DCI shield)

If im in a PvM situation i use the 30SDI 3mr book as well (if i dont have an MR slayer)

Edit - Final suit build ends up with

65DCI
25hpi
28MI
+10 int
2/6
15% Casting focus (scribe)
10% SDI (losing a little here, i could fit on ring but dont)
+ a few skills (i rather that than EP)

All 70's

well...
1- Scribe gives u 5% Casting focus only and arcane tem gives 2%, protector gives 3%, thats equal to 10% (not 15%)

2-i woudnt advise u to use 20DCi shield for pvp, u wont be able to pot or to use healing stone, and u will loose ur 20 parry if human form, one handed weapon is always best.