• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Make Faction Artifacts Easier to Get or Eliminate Them?

Make Faction Artifacts Easier to Get or Eliminate Entirely?

• Make Faction Artifacts Easier to Get (by lowering prices)

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Eliminate Faction Artifacts Entirely (forcing reliance on crafters and PvM drops)

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Arden

So I havent weighted in on this topic for a reason, but after much thought and perusing I finally have formed my opinion.

I vote the way that makes artifacts/gear/faction gear/whatever gear that is better than GM gear easier to get, or possibly easier to re-obtain.

The "haves" 99% of the time out play the "have-nots" due to gearing. Everyone can agree a GM set of armor does not size up against a faction suit full of arties and imbuing. Over time the "have-not" gets tired of dying and give up on pvp, or maybe siege.

Why does a "have-not" never become a "have?" Not everyone likes farming silver (afk, dont act like it doesnt happen), not everyone has 4+ accounts in order to obtain good gear, not everyone has the time or wants to expend the effort to have the top end gear.

So, if you make it easier for the "have-nots" to obtain the high end stuff, there will be more "haves" and hopefully reverse the effects that was mentioned earlier with people giving up on pvp and maybe siege.

Getting this changed, obviously take time and much effort, but coming from WoW, YES WORLD OF WARCRAFT THE GAME YOU ALL LOVE TO HATE, I know it works. Orginally, pvp was dominated by the high end pve'rs. Thier T3 gear was unmatched and pushed many people out of pvping. So pvp gear was made better so "everyone" had access to gear that made it possible for balanced fighting.

Later with the introduction of Arena (a new platform for pvp with better rewards but only for the top 2% of players) we once again had an issue where top players had top gear, and made it hard for lower ends to compete. So again, Bliz went in and changes the gear structure and made it easy for everyone to have similar gear.

Why doesnt UO do this?

Sorry long thread :(

B

Black magick

So I havent weighted in on this topic for a reason, but after much thought and perusing I finally have formed my opinion.

I vote the way that makes artifacts/gear/faction gear/whatever gear that is better than GM gear easier to get, or possibly easier to re-obtain.

The "haves" 99% of the time out play the "have-nots" due to gearing. Everyone can agree a GM set of armor does not size up against a faction suit full of arties and imbuing. Over time the "have-not" gets tired of dying and give up on pvp, or maybe siege.

Why does a "have-not" never become a "have?" Not everyone likes farming silver (afk, dont act like it doesnt happen), not everyone has 4+ accounts in order to obtain good gear, not everyone has the time or wants to expend the effort to have the top end gear.

So, if you make it easier for the "have-nots" to obtain the high end stuff, there will be more "haves" and hopefully reverse the effects that was mentioned earlier with people giving up on pvp and maybe siege.

Getting this changed, obviously take time and much effort, but coming from WoW, YES WORLD OF WARCRAFT THE GAME YOU ALL LOVE TO HATE, I know it works. Orginally, pvp was dominated by the high end pve'rs. Thier T3 gear was unmatched and pushed many people out of pvping. So pvp gear was made better so "everyone" had access to gear that made it possible for balanced fighting.

Later with the introduction of Arena (a new platform for pvp with better rewards but only for the top 2% of players) we once again had an issue where top players had top gear, and made it hard for lower ends to compete. So again, Bliz went in and changes the gear structure and made it easy for everyone to have similar gear.

Why doesnt UO do this?

Sorry long thread :(
A good post, too bad it falls on deaf ears... Everyone here is of the mindset that you shouldn't have to pay for the high the high end price for the high end gear. And nobody wants to join factions because it doesn't fit their play style rolleyes: which obviously isn't to pvp. I guess the pancakes is just a pathetic attempt to bring the higher tier pvpers down a notch.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so just so I'm understanding what the real problem is....

Faction Arties cost 5x silver here is that correct?

So, all our PVP'ers are going to Atlantic where they can buy their suit once and insure it?

As a result, no one in factions is really pvp'ing here much?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So, all our PVP'ers are going to Atlantic where they can buy their suit once and insure it?

This particular poll shows the majority of voters want the faction artifacts removed from Siege.

V

Vaelix

This particular poll shows the majority of voters want the faction artifacts removed from Siege.
Where as the Other Poll shows Majority want *Both* Cursed/Tot/Ect Arties and Lower Faction Prices.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm accusing Kat of quoting a non-public poll and trying to say Siege players are the one who voted in it.

How do we know people like her didn't log on multiple accounts to push her agenda?

I know that I didn't vote in this stupid poll, especially when the other poll clearly shows a majority in favor of reducing silver and boosting monster loot.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let me clear it up.

Faction arties cost 5x silver here.

As a result, the only PvPer's left in factions are the ones who are 'elite.' Everyone else has either stopped playing Siege or stopped PvPing in factions or stopped PvPing period because the items they need to continue having fun are too expensive.

As a result of the lack of players, the PvPers left are also playing on Atlantic where there are actually PLAYERS to PvP against.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do we know people like her didn't log on multiple accounts to push her agenda?
You know I am entirely fed up of people making this claim. I have checked multiple polls as a result and have yet to find any basis for this belief.

I've looked at this poll (I can, cos I'm the managing editor) I recognise every name that voted. None are 'alts' of another.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm accusing Kat of quoting a non-public poll and trying to say Siege players are the one who voted in it.

I know that I didn't vote in this stupid poll, especially when the other poll clearly shows a majority in favor of reducing silver and boosting monster loot.
:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: <--- I LOVE YOUR STYLE!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your point about buybacks for GOLD is moot because Siege has always had the hero/evil system in which items were for faction players only. Kinda dumb for you all of a sudden to complain about something that's always been the case.

People really don't see you as an expert on game mechanics... so please elaborate exactly how they are a balance issue.

Please use facts and not your opinions. As an example: a fact would be that UO culture has deemed faction players risking more than non-faction players. An opinion would be whether or not you think faction players risk more.

Your response should be interesting because they are indeed not a balance issue unless obtaining non-faction items are. And if obtaining non-faction items are an issue, then I'm curious to know why fixing the issue involves not fixing what's specifically the issue.

Thanks.
Draxous - Learn to discuss or debate an issue like an adult, without being condescending and insulting and I may consider responding. Until then, responding to you and others who behave this way is a waste of my time.
Thank you Kat. It's pretty clear you don't have an answer. I appreciate you admitting that.

I know you're upset with letting your hatred for members of this community get the better of you, but please stop acting like a child. After all, it's what lost you-your community rep position.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I am entirely fed up of people making this claim. I have checked multiple polls as a result and have yet to find any basis for this belief.

I've looked at this poll (I can, cos I'm the managing editor) I recognise every name that voted. None are 'alts' of another.
And how would anyone but you have known that?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a result of the lack of players, the PvPers left are also playing on Atlantic where there are actually PLAYERS to PvP against.
I call bull****...not unless you call yew gate fighting pvp...

Looks like SP is gonna be BFF and some random (5-10 people) pvping...:lol:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how would anyone but you have known that?
It's called ask petra to look into it before you come on the forums crying like a child and making false accusations and showing your ass once again...

Oh wait you want to do that to make the vote seem false which in reality it's the closest thing to the truth...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He needs to make false accusations about the poll "to make it seem less important" which in reality the poll is the closest thing to the truth...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way i see it is if you want the rules your way have them your way but don't cry on the boards and say "i'm going to atl to pvp because sp is dead wahhh" and enjoy the 5-10 ppl you see randomly...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn dude... 4 replies!?!?!?!?? I must be ****ing awesome.

You love my style.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your point about buybacks for GOLD is moot because Siege has always had the hero/evil system in which items were for faction players only. Kinda dumb for you all of a sudden to complain about something that's always been the case.

People really don't see you as an expert on game mechanics... so please elaborate exactly how they are a balance issue.

Please use facts and not your opinions. As an example: a fact would be that UO culture has deemed faction players risking more than non-faction players. An opinion would be whether or not you think faction players risk more.

Your response should be interesting because they are indeed not a balance issue unless obtaining non-faction items are. And if obtaining non-faction items are an issue, then I'm curious to know why fixing the issue involves not fixing what's specifically the issue.

Thanks.
Draxous - Learn to discuss or debate an issue like an adult, without being condescending and insulting and I may consider responding. Until then, responding to you and others who behave this way is a waste of my time.
Thank you Kat. It's pretty clear you don't have an answer. I appreciate you admitting that.

I know you're upset with letting your hatred for members of this community get the better of you, but please stop acting like a child. After all, it's what lost you-your community rep position.
Its pretty clear to everyone at this point, that you are the only one who is upset and full of hatred.

Continue making a fool of yourself, though. Thats always fun to watch! :lol:

V

Vaelix

Its pretty clear to everyone at this point, that you are the only one who is upset and full of hatred.

All of this Ego stuff aside.. I am noticing that you Have completely ignored What He asked you to do..

Please Come up with Facts/Valid points to prove your point with, instead of this avoidance of the subject with this Little Dance with Drax..

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Say goodbye to all mages. If they were to do that, they would have to remove all HCI from weps, spells, and forms.
Why would that be...no one ever played a mage before the inception of faction items lol

You have never seen a mage with a scnp mage wep with 15 DCI and 50 Hit lighting??

V

Vaelix

Why would that be...no one ever played a mage before the inception of faction items lol

You have never seen a mage with a scnp mage wep with 15 DCI and 50 Hit lighting??
Actually Kael hes right.. A Properly Suit Real Dexxer, An Archer/Fencer for example, can be completely lethal.. and Lol all over mages, and If for example.. -Mage Weps were removed and DCI was Capped at 45 and HLD worked (-25).. Dexxers would be the only thing on the field.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dexxers would be the only thing on the field.
Ya, because people can't actually play what they enjoy they play the most overpowered or exploit EA's ignorance which makes the game real enjoyable...i'll never forget when REV ALL had bushido archers...that was a hoot...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks.

What was that you were saying about acting childish?

And still no answer? Don't worry, I won't ask you to admit you were wrong. I don't need to.

:lol:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Say goodbye to all mages. If they were to do that, they would have to remove all HCI from weps, spells, and forms.

He was talking more about removing the DCI stuff... which would be bad. If you prefer relying on chance (RNG) to play this game, stop asking to get more than a 50/50 shot at it.

We've always rolled around in that kind of gear... crying about giving joe shmoe the ability to run it is putting the community in an awkward position. You all are essentially telling each other you want to remain at a disadvantage. Sitting from our perspective... you all look pretty damn stupid, almost like lemmings sprinting towards the edge of a cliff.

Before faction arties, let me break down how to EASILY run a good suit.

aegis of grace
fey leggings (siege blessed)
runic sleeves, gorget, gloves
runic tunic or heart of the lion
SCNP DCI shield OR [blessed] event spellbook
basic jewels

This suit had.
2/6 casting
max SDI
70%DCI
5MR (or more)
30ish LMC
70's in all resists

All that without a single faction artifact and it's pretty much the same damn thing as what faction suits have.

You know what we realized a long time ago? And by we, I mean those of us who run good gear consistently... is that the majority of the people left playing this game are terrible at it. They don't understand it and they would rather one up someone they don't like on a message board instead of swallowing their pride and hurt feelings in order to make this game better for everybody, including themselves.

Well good job. I hope to god they're not the same kind of player in the game of life. Knowing the majority of you though... it saddens me to know you are.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually Kael hes right.. A Properly Suit Real Dexxer, An Archer/Fencer for example, can be completely lethal.. and Lol all over mages, and If for example.. -Mage Weps were removed and DCI was Capped at 45 and HLD worked (-25).. Dexxers would be the only thing on the field.
Interesting...the elite mages have always remained the best pvpers on any shard that I have played on ( before faction items and with them now ) Maybe a different template or an adjustment of stats but they always seem to adapt and excel.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He was talking more about removing the DCI stuff... which would be bad. If you prefer relying on chance (RNG) to play this game, stop asking to get more than a 50/50 shot at it.

We've always rolled around in that kind of gear... crying about giving joe shmoe the ability to run it is putting the community in an awkward position. You all are essentially telling each other you want to remain at a disadvantage. Sitting from our perspective... you all look pretty damn stupid, almost like lemmings sprinting towards the edge of a cliff.

aegis of grace
basic jewels

This suit had.
2/6 casting
max SDI
70%DCI
5MR (or more)
30ish LMC
70's in all resists

All that without a single faction artifact and it's pretty much the same damn thing as what faction suits have.

You know what we realized a long time ago? And by we, I mean those of us who run good gear consistently... is that the majority of the people left playing this game are terrible at it. They don't understand it and they would rather one up someone they don't like on a message board instead of swallowing their pride and hurt feelings in order to make this game better for everybody, including themselves.

Well good job. I hope to god they're not the same kind of player in the game of life. Knowing the majority of you though... it saddens me to know you are.
Why do you always say "we" like your involved. I don't think I have really seen you in or about on Siege more than two or three times.

Nice job on the "attempt" of personal attacks though on people real lives.

V

Vaelix

Why do you always say "we" like your involved. I don't think I have really seen you in or about on Siege more than two or three times.

Why is it when someone like Drax posts something like that, That has logic in it, While letting his Ego get the better of him a little, the people Who the logic needs to be impled on, completely ignore the Bulk of the post and Focus completely The "Ego" part of the post..

And learn nothing..

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

QFT...he's one of the best sp mages who never really played sp...:lol:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it when someone like Drax posts something like that, That has logic in it, While letting his Ego get the better of him a little, the people Who the logic needs to be impled on, completely ignore the Bulk of the post and Focus completely The "Ego" part of the post..

And learn nothing..
Because his stupidity is mesmerizing...

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me clear it up.

As a result, the only PvPer's left in factions are the ones who are 'elite.' Everyone else has either stopped playing Siege or stopped PvPing in factions or stopped PvPing period because the items they need to continue having fun are too expensive.

Thats because people were voting for the best option that sakie made available, the option to have them removed completrely was never an option for those of us who rather see them removed completely. This poll gave us that option and we voiced our true opinion through the option made available. just face it man, this is what the community wants.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me clear it up.

Thats because people were voting for the best option that sakie made available, the option to have them removed completrely was never an option for those of us who rather see them removed completely. This poll gave us that option and we voiced our true opinion through the option made available. just face it man, this is what the community wants.
Then why didn't more people pick "boost monster loot only" or "leave things the same" ?!?!?!

This is only what part of the community wants.

Just face it man, Siege won't be getting any changes.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

aegis of grace
basic jewels

This suit had.
2/6 casting
max SDI
70%DCI
5MR (or more)
30ish LMC
70's in all resists

mmmhmmm.

Apparently I slapped you in the face with the truth and the only thing you can do is look at me and ask... who are you to do such a thing!?!?!

Stings don't it?

Thanks.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmhmmm.

Apparently I slapped you in the face with the truth and the only thing you can do is look at me and ask... who are you to do such a thing!?!?!

Stings don't it?

Thanks.
You know the sad thing i can almost bet the farm you're a coward IRL...:lol:

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And learn nothing..
Because he consistently rehashes and repeats what others have said. Yes it is very easy to make a decent suit with martries and cursed arties and imbued gear. Yes it can be hero/evil dyed. However, hero/evil dyed can also be unraveled for relic frags.

IMHO..70 DCI should not be possible as it completely negates HLD.

Some templates should be stronger verses other templates. A mage with parry or wrestle should have greater success defending in hand to hand combat verses a dexer. Course this template would be weaker vs a template decked out for maximum offensive output. Honestly does every mage need to run the latest hybrid (ie-mysticism with/or a dreadmare) to be successful??

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmhmmm.

Stings don't it?

Thanks.
Yes your latest tantrum sent shivers down my back :sad3::sad3:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because he consistently rehashes and repeats what others have said. Yes it is very easy to make a decent suit with martries and cursed arties and imbued gear. Yes it can be hero/evil dyed. However, hero/evil dyed can also be unraveled for relic frags.

Some templates should be stronger verses other templates. A mage with parry or wrestle should have greater success defending in hand to hand combat verses a dexer. Course this template would be weaker vs a template decked out for maximum offensive output. Honestly does every mage need to run the latest hybrid (ie-mysticism with/or a dreadmare) to be successful??

Yes people should run the latest items and skills available. We like to pvp. We like to oil. The items are in the game to make you stronger. You have to be stupid to not use it. Everyone has the ability to use it/them. Just because you :choose: not to run it doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Arguing is getting sooooo gay. EVERYONE has access to the same gear. Either take advatqge of it or don't. In he end, it's your choice and your choice alone.

I'm here to kill... Not to make the game easier for you while limiting my abilities.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My comment was in reguards to removing DCI from all armor. Since DCI should be able to equal HCI + HLD. Its nothing to do with faction arties.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes people should run the latest items and skills available. We like to pvp. We like to oil. The items are in the game to make you stronger. You have to be stupid to not use it. Everyone has the ability to use it/them. Just because you :choose: not to run it doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Arguing is getting sooooo gay. EVERYONE has access to the same gear. Either take advatqge of it or don't. In he end, it's your choice and your choice alone.

I'm here to kill... Not to make the game easier for you while limiting my abilities.
...and yet not to long ago the posts were about limiting stealthing and people complaining about others having a tamer in pvp.

So by your line its justified to use a pet as its in todays game and stealth/faction recall away when needed as it makes it harder to kill you and easier to kill them??

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My comment was in reguards to removing DCI from all armor. Since DCI should be able to equal HCI + HLD. Its nothing to do with faction arties.
I think he meant remove the extra DCI that faction armor gets above and beyond regular pieces ( like samuri helm) not DCI as a whole from gear.

B

Black magick

I think he meant remove the extra DCI that faction armor gets above and beyond regular pieces ( like samuri helm) not DCI as a whole from gear.
No, he was talking about faction items as a whole. If it was just changing the amount of dci to normal you'd only change the glasses (25 - 15) and the kasa (10 - 0).

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and yet not to long ago the posts were about limiting stealthing and people complaining about others having a tamer in pvp.

So by your line its justified to use a pet as its in todays game and stealth/faction recall away when needed as it makes it harder to kill you and easier to kill them??
I don't really care if they do away wig stealth or not. As I said in a bread a while back, I play a stealth ns/ds machine. people will play what they want.... Sometimes it's overpowered as balls and some arnt.

V

Vaelix

I'm still waiting for a Well Thought out, Example/Fact Ridden Super post by Kat with Various Examples and Many Valid Points as to Why/How Faction Gear is overpowered, Like we've asked her to do Many times, Though i do not *Expect* This to be done.. Because its Kat and she has no Argument what so ever..

I know that I will either be responded to with..

1. Nothing, she will ignore me..

2. She will tell me that I cannot Hold a Discussion/Ect (An Excuse to Avoid the Subject)

3. She will say something about How I'm Immature and only post personal attacks and am not worth proving anything to (Another Excuse to Avoid the Subject)