• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make costumizeable Houses Up to Castles Size.

I

imported_Cyrah

Just being able to lock plants in the grass areas would make me insanely happy.

Anyone know why the grass areas are not part of the house? It is inside the walls.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keeps could easily be done.

Castles... I'd want them restricted to their existing footprint, which, of course, makes it a bit hard to do much by the way of customization. Still, I guess whatever people wanted to do. It'd open the aspect of building ruined castles, et cetera. Limit them to the same # of floors as they are presently, and all's good.

I think the L-shapes could use a customization too.

But the trouble with these is EA doesn't know how to set it up so that you can't build outside of the footprint, so only squares work.

They ALSO need to figure out how to allow your roof tiles to be placed like other houses without having to sacrifice inner squares to do it.

Basically the housing tool needs a revisit. But I don't see it happening in UO's lifetime.

F

Father Time

i love this idea i always wanted a bigger then 18x18 plot without haveing to pay an arm and a leg for one and yes castles and keeps should be costumizeable.

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

i love this idea i may never get lucky enough to get a keep or castle sized house but it would give me the opurtunity to get a bigger then 18x18 plot and thats a definate improvement for me. i think your right that castles are 32x32 i also believe that keeps are 25x25 i could be wrong. if a 3,4 or 5 story castle size plot is too much for some maybe 3 of those floors can be underground so not to get in the way of neighbors like 3 dungeon floor levels. and for those who say most players would just make a giant cubes some probally would but not all. does everyone have to penalized by not being alowed to have a costumizeable castle for those few who lack creative imaginations?

[/ QUOTE ] castles are 31x31 I placed mine and there was a castle on one side and a 7x7 on the other side 32x32 wouldnt of fit so yes its 31x31