• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make costumizeable Houses Up to Castles Size.

M

Mr Artifact

now that i have a keep i really would love it if castles or keeps could be costumizeable yes there classic houses i just mean to be optional just imagine how cool it would be to have a castle or keep thats costumizeable. they can be the same length and width as they are now but be atleast 3 ,4 or even 5 floors one or 2 floors could be underground like a small dungeon just picture it. as you see some players are very creative with there 18x18s put the right player converting his castle or keep to a costumizeable castle or keep and players would look in amazement you could add traps,lots of rooms, mazes , secret doors, you name it and with new costumizeable options and things comming out now and then it would be even more fun. sure if would cost alot of money to costumize one but it would also be a lot of fun. if we have costumizeable castles then we should have costumizeable houses from 7x7 all the way to 32x32 which i believe is castle size please correct me if i am wrong thanks.[/list]one more thing if a house is 18x19 or 19x18 it should have a little more storage then a 18x18 and so on all with increments all the way to 32x32.

J

jerseyboy

<blockquote><hr>

There are good reasons why they're not customisable.

[/ QUOTE ]

do tell then.... i think its a good idea

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well..not to be rude or anything...but..have you gone around and looked at some of the house designs?? some of them are.....well...not...pretty *grins*

Imagine that castle sized....not to mention the cost to customize ZOMG!

I like castles just the way they are

D

Drunk'n Masta

Sorry but NO, and if it does ever happen I hope they make it cost so much gold to customize homes that nobody could afford one.

L

Lord_locke

It's a pain now running face first into castles everywhere. Could you imagine them all being giant cubes and practically requiring a loading screen once you enter them? The amount of items you'd have to load would be insane, not to mention the clients update range once you add on that fifth floor...

I

imported_Mickou

As a castle owner I disagree with making a 32x32 customizable plot out of current castles. I lack belief that the average UO player has the ability to make anything other than a giant cube. Yes I have seen many fantastic designs and I would love to have the architects of them make me an awesome 32x32 custom, but by and large the castles would end up as cubes, or empty plots for that matter.

As has been stated in more than one U-hall post, I would agree with adding the ability to put doors in, or change the type of stone, or the design of the floor or doors. Also I would love to be able to either recall into my courtyard or else let me lock some stuff down out there.

G

What would you think of the style of newly placed castles changing each year? (so that even if not customizable, older castles would be distinctively different from new castles)

(disclaimer: I don't have one and don't have high expectations that I'll ever have one)

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

do tell then.... i think its a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Crystal menaces, Giant BORG Cubes

100% positiavely NO

G

No thanks

If I got my will, castles and keeps should be removed from the game. No account should be allowed to sit om so many tiles.

G

So my dreams of a sprawling recreation of a country farm are out of the question?

G

Oh I totally wish that we could have larger customisable houses! I got a castle, pruely for storage, it's not like having one has been somethign I aimed for right from the start, in fact total opposite, I think castles as they are right now are really ugly =P Just great big grey squares of blandness. But I wanted the storage.

Would totally LOVE to be able to have a customisable the same size, I love designing houses!

For that matter, gimme a customsiable 25x25 with same storage as a castle, that would be awesome! =D

G

I myself would prefer that keeps and castles remain as is ..with the exception that the home owner could *customise without dirtplotting em to oblivion,* permitting them then, some interior doors to add to use the wasted grassy areas within those buildings/homes.

I would not mind one bit if they would permit customising internally only, all classic homes *without dirtplotting em* to get some different floor tiles in the keeps and castles, and use of their roofs *ie adding more stairways up to roof areas or teleporters, perhaps the ability to even remove the stairs they do have for teleporters in case they would want those smaller *staircase rooms to be more roomy*.

But I do not think I would want to see the shape nor exterior plain gray stone customisable, I mean GAH someone will turn a keep or castle's exterior wall tiles to some mishmash mess of ..let me see how many different unmatched tiles I can use on me keep or castle, or let me turn this into one big *ice cube* of crystal tiles ...then the keeps and castles would no longer look the way they do *ie classic* homes just as the lg. twr is also one.

So it would be nice if some how the dev. team or artists could enable *classic homes of all sizes to be permitted to change their interior floor tiles, add or remove stairs, change doors add or remove interior doors etc. so as to get some abilities to internally change their classic homes.

Just like I would love to see the classic L be able to keep it's look, yet be internally customisable, it would be nice if the owners could have the option *not* to have all wood flooring tiles in the classic L, if they wanted something else in there. *although personally I would never change the classic L's internal staircases, they lovely as is*

Anyhow, classic homes perhaps all of them need a FEW options to be able to customise without dirtplotting ie butchering the nice designs externally and roofing and internal structures that those have been, each one, all along that would go for lg twr keeps castles vilas classic L's to mini towers..yes they can *turn most of them into customise* yet that kills a twr's structure ya get a dirt plot *not the same*, then they get the dirt plot on those other styles. I would rather all of us get to KEEP a vila, lg twr. etc as is; externally they're classics and fine as is, but to be able to *customise* without em turning into dirtplots, killing their designs, hard to duplicate some of those classic homes. *not sure if that can be developed since they did not do it that way when they created customising to begin with*.

But the ones we can not customise at all, classic L, lg twr. keeps, castles should have some options to customise internally without em going *dirtplot* if they permitted any customising, keep their exteriors AS IS, permit some interior customising without *dirtploting em* would be nice..we can dream.

I would NOT wish to see the standard customiser become as huge as castles, there be folks just wishing for a sandstone or vila or lg marble, we do not need more room per player for larger and larger homes..toss out junk, we all need to quit packratting, the 18 18 is plenty big enough !~
We do not need more *land hoggin* when some yes we still get em new customers cherish just finding a vila size plot open, which be harder yet then, if we all go castle size customisables. bleh..and some do suck at home design...last thing we need is some big blue crystal BOX cube the size of some castle or keeps or...some wonder home of EVERY tile on the menu alternating the width of their homes, as their exterior walls. lol

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'd be all for making customizable houses bigger but not THAT big.

I love customizing houses too, maybe keep size or a bit smaller...20x20...22x22 biggest but no bigger, I can imagine the possibilities of even those 4x4 more tiles.....but nothing castle sized.

Here are some good examples of awesome designs that would be more awesome if the plots were JUST a bit bigger.

Leto's original Auction House

The town of Kraggen-Cor as it once was, before the rebuilt (Dwarves are AWESOME architects!0

The Ruins

My old Auction house

My current fel house I would have LOVED to have a few more tiles for this one lol.

I can see where a few more tiles on each of these designs would have done wonders...but can you imagine what a castle sized plot would look like? not to mention cost??? It would be fun to do..once....maybe put them on test center, that would be cool.

G

For myself it is the location which wins out over the plot sizes. My two main houses *one per shard* are primarily where lg. twrs fit, with each I had originally lg. twrs placed. Then when I get tired of those, I demolish them entirely and slap up the customiser, then when tired of those......yes demolish and put the lg twrs back in same spots.

The one is 17 x 18 on Ches. and the one on Siege is 16 x 14 only, give or take, I had a 17 x 14 there too depends on the land, same spot, but I would rather have their locations than any 18 18 tile, one is so close to down town Brit on Siege, that I can throw me laundry in Lord Brit's moat, and the other quite close to Minoc stables on Chesapeake, and so I enjoy the locations, and my *cubes* haha
I change them around per season perhaps or go back to lg twr. but doubt I will be moving for any 18 18 nor castles or keeps..location seems more my priority I guess. Although both are max secureds per shard, so what more do I need (plus my alts homes too) per shard !
These two main chr. ones though, are surely *cubes* though. lol

I can do roofing though but my main homes have so many parrots I just prefer my top floor unroofed for me parrot birdies to squak per shard and apple trees to grow ! HAHA

I did this on test,18 x 18 right at the bridge, but there too location, something about the Vesper bridge out the back yard there, and an elfy chr. my chrs are humans mostly all made for open airy in the back of house, so I could sit inside watch passers on the bridge...etc. I even felt like doing roofing tiles cuz, no parrots on TEST.

J

jerseyboy

<blockquote><hr>

What would you think of the style of newly placed castles changing each year? (so that even if not customizable, older castles would be distinctively different from new castles)

(disclaimer: I don't have one and don't have high expectations that I'll ever have one)

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand now. with all that said this idea seems to be the best for everyone imo.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should we not make keeps and castle customizable? Let me count the ways:
  1. "Some people either have no skills at designing houses, or explicitly design houses poorly on purpose in order to annoy their neighbors. Because of this fact, I must run on the assumption that you are one of these degenerate scum and will thus design a giant, unsightly mess that I will then have to look at. Because that is the only thing that matters in this game - what I, personally, have to look at."
  2. "You, as a castle or keep owner, have something that I do not - namely, a castle or keep. As punishment for having the blatant audacity to possess something which I do not, you should not only not be able to customize your castle or keep, you should, in fact, lose the ability to access your abode's front doors. Furthermore, you should only have one available lockdown that can only be used for a single feather (no stacking), and someone should also probably hit you in the kneecaps with a blunt object."

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote for 100x100 5 story customized plots, until we get those I would be happy with castle size 5 story plots.

G

well i see a pure coding problem with the whole thing also.

I know at least on castles you can place (or at least used to be able to) your castle around a single tree or some other blocking object since the castle yard is open.
So i dont think you can make it one gient plot since a tree would make it illigally to place over.

the other problem i see is that if someone really builds up 4 storries of square walls on a caslte plot he is blocking all the houses behind it ...and circle of transparancy sint gonna solve that.

I

imported_ejpeters

I am glad they cannot be customized. There are some people that make 18 x 18 boxes and they look awful.
I have a castle and the one thing I could see is maybe two or three design choices that were made by UO.

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

I myself would prefer that keeps and castles remain as is ..with the exception that the home owner could *customise without dirtplotting em to oblivion,* permitting them then, some interior doors to add to use the wasted grassy areas within those buildings/homes.

I would not mind one bit if they would permit customising internally only, all classic homes *without dirtplotting em* to get some different floor tiles in the keeps and castles, and use of their roofs *ie adding more stairways up to roof areas or teleporters, perhaps the ability to even remove the stairs they do have for teleporters in case they would want those smaller *staircase rooms to be more roomy*.

But I do not think I would want to see the shape nor exterior plain gray stone customisable, I mean GAH someone will turn a keep or castle's exterior wall tiles to some mishmash mess of ..let me see how many different unmatched tiles I can use on me keep or castle, or let me turn this into one big *ice cube* of crystal tiles ...then the keeps and castles would no longer look the way they do *ie classic* homes just as the lg. twr is also one.

So it would be nice if some how the dev. team or artists could enable *classic homes of all sizes to be permitted to change their interior floor tiles, add or remove stairs, change doors add or remove interior doors etc. so as to get some abilities to internally change their classic homes.

Just like I would love to see the classic L be able to keep it's look, yet be internally customisable, it would be nice if the owners could have the option *not* to have all wood flooring tiles in the classic L, if they wanted something else in there. *although personally I would never change the classic L's internal staircases, they lovely as is*

Anyhow, classic homes perhaps all of them need a FEW options to be able to customise without dirtplotting ie butchering the nice designs externally and roofing and internal structures that those have been, each one, all along that would go for lg twr keeps castles vilas classic L's to mini towers..yes they can *turn most of them into customise* yet that kills a twr's structure ya get a dirt plot *not the same*, then they get the dirt plot on those other styles. I would rather all of us get to KEEP a vila, lg twr. etc as is; externally they're classics and fine as is, but to be able to *customise* without em turning into dirtplots, killing their designs, hard to duplicate some of those classic homes. *not sure if that can be developed since they did not do it that way when they created customising to begin with*.

But the ones we can not customise at all, classic L, lg twr. keeps, castles should have some options to customise internally without em going *dirtplot* if they permitted any customising, keep their exteriors AS IS, permit some interior customising without *dirtploting em* would be nice..we can dream.

I would NOT wish to see the standard customiser become as huge as castles, there be folks just wishing for a sandstone or vila or lg marble, we do not need more room per player for larger and larger homes..toss out junk, we all need to quit packratting, the 18 18 is plenty big enough !~
We do not need more *land hoggin* when some yes we still get em new customers cherish just finding a vila size plot open, which be harder yet then, if we all go castle size customisables. bleh..and some do suck at home design...last thing we need is some big blue crystal BOX cube the size of some castle or keeps or...some wonder home of EVERY tile on the menu alternating the width of their homes, as their exterior walls. lol

[/ QUOTE ]I like the idea of being able to change things in my castle without having to dirt plot it. Castles should never be anything, but stone walls, but I would like to be able to change the color of the gray stone walls in my castle. Maybe go in the house sign and be able to pick a new color for the stone like off white, pinkess tint, shadow color. but none of that crystal or weird colors.

G

Now those are some good ideas, QueenZen and Lady Michelle!

I myself do not have a castle...not even close, hehe. I love my small tower and plot in Zento, although I've not been able to build my Zento house yet, due to feeling sick this past couple of weeks.

Anyway, I like the idea of making the insides of the castle customizable, like the staircases, floors, and such. It would also be neat to be able to keep the same stone for the exterior, but add color too it. The colors and customizing fees could follow the ore colors, for example. =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

now that i have a keep i really would love it if castles or keeps could be costumizeable yes there classic houses i just mean to be optional just imagine how cool it would be to have a castle or keep thats costumizeable. they can be the same length and width as they are now but be atleast 3 ,4 or even 5 floors one or 2 floors could be underground like a small dungeon just picture it. as you see some players are very creative with there 18x18s put the right player converting his castle or keep to a costumizeable castle or keep and players would look in amazement you could add traps,lots of rooms, mazes , secret doors, you name it and with new costumizeable options and things comming out now and then it would be even more fun. sure if would cost alot of money to costumize one but it would also be a lot of fun. if we have costumizeable castles then we should have costumizeable houses from 7x7 all the way to 32x32 which i believe is castle size please correct me if i am wrong thanks.[/list]one more thing if a house is 18x19 or 19x18 it should have a little more storage then a 18x18 and so on all with increments all the way to 32x32.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burn my eyes out now. I think we would see slums beyond belief. Now maybe a few options of castles. BUT ALL PREMADE.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i like some of your idea

i think they should keep the above ground layout the same, 2 floors so no-one elses houses get blocked etc

plus you still retain the COOL factor of a keep or castle

plus we can avoid more borg cubes from landing and assimilating our game......oh wait thats another subject

imagine a 31x31 5 story borg cubes everywhere
BUT

i love the cellar/dungeon underground bit

that would be sooooooooo cool, and allows peeps to take advantage of the insane storage

i for one would come out of retirement and reactivate my acct, and go place a castle in europa just for the underground option

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope nope nope nope , if you have to scare the land with a big ass building like a castle or keep you take the good with the bad , Nuff Said .......

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

rtlfc

<blockquote><hr>

I lack belief that the average UO player has the ability to make anything other than a giant cube.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

I love house customising, I think it's the one good thing that came out of AOS. It's the reason I prefer an 18x18 to something bigger.

Sadly people good at customising houses are heavily out numbered by people who are terrible at it. For that reason only I would have to say I think it'd be a bad idea.

I

imported_Leaf

Why not leave the outside stone walls the same, but be able to customise the inside. I have a Keep and all that grass space is such a waste of space and the little rooms are useless. Let us customise the inside and create rooms that are practical without all the grass space, yet you can keep the outside looking like it does, a Stone Keep, so no one is offended by anothers design. Perfect compromise in my world.

G

I wouldnt go as far as castle size but I wouldnt mind seeing say a 24x24 with 5 stories.

A

AlanofCats

<blockquote><hr>

Why not leave the outside stone walls the same, but be able to customise the inside. I have a Keep and all that grass space is such a waste of space and the little rooms are useless. Let us customise the inside and create rooms that are practical without all the grass space, yet you can keep the outside looking like it does, a Stone Keep, so no one is offended by anothers design. Perfect compromise in my world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for the idea as well. Instead of leaving the outside walls the same how about limits on the sections? Cap the out side walls at 2 levels, the corner towers at 3 levels and the center section at 4 levels? If someone wanted a perfect cube out of that, it could only be a 2 level cube max.

G

Honestly I wouldnt want them to be fully customizable. But I would like to fill in the courtyard. just empty wasted space.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So my dreams of a sprawling recreation of a country farm are out of the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, my vision
, we do have the public farmer fields, there could be made more of them.
You should be able to sow your seed in the fields and then harvest your fruit and vegatables.
After your plants are ready to be harvested, you should have time to harvest them before they become public and all can harvest them.
I never liked all this plant growing inside private houses, lets move it to the fields and changes the process so it take less time and less trouble but also give less resources and seed each.

With my best will, I can't see any good reason, that one account should be allowed to own a spot bigger than 18x18.

G

I say Hell Yes. Look at Castles now! We have to use Gaza mats as floor tiles. This alone is the main reason for long load times. And besides, most castles are set to Private anyways.

G

i feel that customzing castles and keeps should be a person's choice, they can do it if they want to or just leave it in tact, however, i think that a person should be able to place a house as big as can fit in an area, if someone takes the time and effort to buy out like 20 houses in an area, they should be able to place one giant plot 4 screens wide, that would be so awesome :p u could pretty much make your own village in 1 big building! oh and thats another thing, if you get your house to a certain size, it should allow you to put bank vendors and stable vendors inside your house, cool stuff! hopefully dev team reads this and feels the same way as me!

G

The reason for preventing larger size custom plots was lag. But what is the difference in having 1 25x25 plot compared to 2 18x18 right next to each other? There isn't any. Plus it is now 5 years later, internet connections have improved.

I think that larger size plots should become available, but make them ridiculously expensive like 50 million for the largest size. Plus you get nothing back upon redeeding, it would be a good gold sink.

G

I miss the days when you could recall into the castle courtyards !
Yes gates i think were a griefers way of getting at someone but a simple recall makes things so much better for non combatant use

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Crystal menaces, Giant BORG Cubes

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this motion!

Resistance is useless.!!!!!

D

Dungeon Master

i love this idea i may never get lucky enough to get a keep or castle sized house but it would give me the opurtunity to get a bigger then 18x18 plot and thats a definate improvement for me. i think your right that castles are 32x32 i also believe that keeps are 25x25 i could be wrong. if a 3,4 or 5 story castle size plot is too much for some maybe 3 of those floors can be underground so not to get in the way of neighbors like 3 dungeon floor levels. and for those who say most players would just make a giant cubes some probally would but not all. does everyone have to penalized by not being alowed to have a costumizeable castle for those few who lack creative imaginations?

G

<blockquote><hr>

With my best will, I can't see any good reason, that one account should be allowed to own a spot bigger than 18x18.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some of us are terraformers at heart.

To be honest, I'd love go a whole lot further than just a larger house and have my own little custom facet to decorate with forests, fields, hills and bridged rivers, with arrangements of monuments and an estate of buildings

( It's sometimes hard to keep my dreams realistic, especially when playing a fantasy game )

G

Ok maybe I'll elaborate a bit more..... NO why? Because first off... taking up that much space you have to sacrifice somewhere... So you don't get to custome.... I think it's a good trade off.... Secondly..... seeing a 2, 3 or 5 story garish borg crystaline cube would just make me ill..... Now.... if there were 3 or 4 designs you could "switch" to... that are TASTEFULL... that would also be fine.... I know I myself would love to "design" on 32/32 tiles.... the little designer in me would be in HEAVEN..... But... It's just as fun for me to design 4 18x18's as it would be a one 32/32... Anyway... You get bonus space and lockdowns... Be happy... But if they let castles go custom I know more than a few who would be really upset....... and just imagine the possibilities of some seriously hideous creations ..... No.

G

I dislike the castle's wasted space. it should be customizable in its interior not extereior.

G

I actually would be almost as happy if we just had a few different styles of castle/keep/tower to choose from
(how cool would it be if they ran a contest for designs? Set up a special test shard, with customisable castle sized plots, and the 4 or 5 designs that were most liked could get made as permanent alternative choices for a castle! =D *wakes up*) Just, would *prefer* to be able to totally customise my space

Heck, even use only the same amount of building tiles as it does now, just so I could switch rooms around some, couldnt cause more lag that way could it?

M

Mr Artifact

i reapect your thoughts but i do not agree a five story castle sized plot doesnt have to be more floors up it can have 3 stories that are underground dungeons. we all live in free countrys and we all deserve the freemdom to costumize our house any way we want no matter what size it should not matter how big or how small the house is. yes some people might make ugly cubes but not all why let those few take away from the many? it would really be great in my opinion to costumize one. a great bonus to that would be castles would get all the same costumizeable options that all costumizeable houses have the possabilitys are almost endless. we can always just make the inside tottally costumizeable with several differnt manditory choices for an above ground outside design with bonus floors underground that are fully costumizeable too. [/list]one last thing if someone shells out over 100 mil gold for a castle who are we to tell them how to or how not to costumize there castle size house

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would be "really upset" if what we have now is all we will ever get. When I 1st started a little house was one floor one room, I think, it was before we got the marble patios. I wanted UO to let us build houses then and posted about it everytime I could. We get to build them now and we dont even have to chop the wood to do it.

From day one all I have played this game for is the houses. I didnt think anything of the game until one day my brother showed me the houses. I opened an account that day. I spent the 1st month in a tailor shop in brit to make gold to buy a deed for a wooden house. From that day on I have played this game to get better houses and things for my houses.

My husband hates my houses, he gets lost. He only wants one room, one floor and boxes stacked on the walls. If his house was a dirt plot he would be happy but it is an ugly 18x18 one room, one floor house with his vendor on the flat roof.

Some folks dont give a crap about houses, but there are many that do. Maybe they are ugly because they cant or won't build one, that can be fixed. Those big cubes you dont want to run around, they would be easier then trying to weave through 20 18x18s. Maybe UO can make something where you can click on a wall of a big ugly cube and teleport to the other side.

One day UO will let us link 10 house in one plot (need 10 accounts) or customize keeps or place 100x100 plots. Heck they might even sell us UO land to build on. I know there are no plans at this time but someday. The possibilities are endless. UO will find a way to do it and keep you and me both happy. We need way bigger plots.

B

Bordoms

----A Firm <font color="red"> Absolutely Not </font> would probably suffice as answer, but... ----

So many work their way up for one of the "max storage hogs" (keep in mind, most of the people who want/need one are collectors of some sort and need something bigger to house all their crap) only to turn around and say "wish this was cutomizable." Well....sorry, but "Been there/done that" myself and realized I just couldn't have the best of both worlds. While I know I could pull off a nice customizable on that large of a plot, I'm well aware of those who either can't or don't want to and the last thing I want is to run through the forest and see a stack of million gold checks and every rare known to man looking like a massive IDOC in the middle of the forrest!

No Thanks!

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see them customizable too. I think there are some coding reasons why they are not though.

S

Sees Far

My .02:

In Favor Of:

Being able to customize the interiors - doors, walls, staircases - as long as the result is structurally sound.

Adding teleporters.

Allowing control of the courtyard spaces - convert to usable space, lock things down, etc.

NOT In Favor Of:

Allowing different wall/flooring materials. (edit: maybe a choice of a few colors of stone but uniform throughout and no loud colors)

Allowing the external walls/doors to be customized.

Allowing additional floors to make them taller.

Allowing changes to the area of the top level (roof, corner towers).