• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maintenance Recap

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Here's a recap of what happened during the maintenance down time

• Xenforo Brought up to date.
  • Several Plugins updated.
  • Several Themes updated.
  • Added plugin to improve the warning system.
  • Posted a minor revision to the Rules of Conduct.
  • Wiped all outstanding warning points, warning record still exists but old warning do not effect active user accounts.
  • @Captn Norrington has returned in the capacity of the Trade Forum moderator.
  • Modified the Warning system to reflect revised point system.
  • Gave users the ability to view their own warning history from this point onward.
There are more changes to come, I'll be adding a page detailing the Revised Moderation System in the coming days.

Please take a moment to review the Rules of Conduct for changes, and view the thread announcing the Revised Moderation System for details of how warnings and suspensions will be handed out.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are we supposed to report violations of the rules or not? i had no response in the other thread. about 25 users will have a 3 day ban soon if just update / bump violations are reported and actioned. and we all know how actually reporting worked out for users last time so honestly the whole system just seems to be a mess.

Last edited:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are we supposed to report violations of the rules or not? i had no response in the other thread. about 25 users will have a 3 day ban soon if just update / bump violations are reported and actioned. and we all know how actually reporting worked out for users last time so honestly the whole system just seems to be a mess.
Of course you're supposed to report RoC violations ... once per violation... within reason... without bias.

What type of system would you implement Smoot?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course you're supposed to report RoC violations ... once per violation... within reason... without bias.
ive been specifically told by moderators that this is not how its supposed to be used. i have the pms.

what i was told makes sense, but no, users are definitely not supposed to report every RoC violation. its just not made clear anywhere public how its supposed to be used.

Specifically in regards to new rules violations, because so many people were breaking them (and didnt realize it) i feel the post i made on the rares forum does a better job at informing people than just reporting everyone and having the mods have to inform them of what they are doing wrong.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What type of system would you implement Smoot?
i really have no idea and its not my place, or my job to think of one.

all im asking is that it should be explained somewhere what, and how, to report.

Last edited: