Magery not going back up on Greater Dragon

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Cacophonix

I have a greater dragon that started with 107.1 magery (give or take - I don't remember exactly). It has died many times and it was training back up to where it started. Ever since it gmed all it's skills, it's magery goes down .1 every time it dies and has never gone back up since. It's now at 106.4 and hasn't gone back up after hours of fighting. Has anyone else run into this? Is my dragon bugged in some way?

G

Greater Dragons' magery trains slowly, but it will return to the level it was on taming.

I killed one a few times at the Moonglow event and after a mix of sphynxes & balrons and a few rounds at Gauntlet, it has now returned to it's fresh-tamed level of 117.1.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Magery is the slowest skill to train. It can easily take a few hours to retrain .1. Your best bet is to get friends in your guild to attack it with summoned earth elementals and ev's. It should train back pretty quickly (as in minutes) if you can get a couple of friends or more to do that for you.

C

Cacophonix

Thanks for the replies. It does train incredibly slowly - it finally regained .1 and is now at 106.5 - after about 5 hours of fighting assorted creatures.

I

imported_Mark Trail

Excuse the dumb question, but why would you care much about the magery skill level? So it will never fail at casting level 8 spells? But it has none of those spells anyway.

The only need I see for high magery is doing more damage with the mind blast spell. Do pets cast that? Does a dragon ever try to cast flame strike and fail?

Anyway, if my own dragon wanted more magery I would go after a Swoop on the rocks and discord my dragon. Or second choice do it on a shadow elemental.