[Magery] Magery is at 114.6

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

SecretService

My Magery is at 114.6 and will not go up.
What should i do?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
My Magery is at 114.6 and will not go up.
What should i do?
Cast earthquake over and over till you get sick of it :p

If that doesn't work then:

1. Stack LMC, 2/6 casting, and mana regen and cast earthquake repeatedly OR

2. Remove every skill point you can afford to aside from meditation and do #1 OR

3. Alternate earthquake and other 8th circle spells. Rezzing someone who won't rez and energy vortex'es can break you out of the cycle of sometimes of being stuck.

4. If none of the above works?! > die then! When all else fails...death works.

C

Chaosy

When you get that high, it can take an hour sometimes to gain 0.1 skill.

I would recommend using a 100% poison -mage weapon and hitting a golem/arctic ogre lord.

R

RichDC

I would suggest not worrying about it too much, you will gain through general use and its more fun that spamming EQ all day.

You can gain from Flamestrike and ev's so either hit up those champ spawns or peerless and youll gain...

worst case scenario: every day you log on cast an EQ for your daily gain.

T

Turdnugget

Make sure you're not at your skill cap...i've done that before and was like wtf? Then I realized I needed to turn down another skill to gain.

Equip a -mage weapon so you can cast lower level spells.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Joina group and do the Doom gauntlet, as a mage your going to be casting a lot of EE's, EV's, earthquakes and flamestrikes, oh and resurrections hehe so great chances fro gains while having a fun time with a chance at a high end arti to top it off. I have taken 4 mages to 120 this way

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
Why aren't you all recommending use of a -29 mage skill weapon with spell channeling? Seems like that would be the first thing you'd do. Paired with LMC it will allow you to gain off much less mana-costing spells.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Chaosy

Why aren't you all recommending use of a -29 mage skill weapon with spell channeling? Seems like that would be the first thing you'd do. Paired with LMC it will allow you to gain off much less mana-costing spells.

-OBSIDIAN-
I did, sort of. Using a -mage weapon that's also 100% poison and hitting a golem is the quickest way I've found to get magery above 100.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
You're right. I don't know how I missed that.

-OBSIDIAN-

T

Templar1

Iv got a golem and a 100% poison weapon -26 magery, I'm at like 106 magery. Iv hit the golem for like 20 min and I got no gain. Yes my cap is 120 and I have pts left to raise it. Did they fix gaining mag skills from golem and mage weapon? or is there something I'm doing wrong?

-OBSIDIAN-
I did, sort of. Using a -mage weapon that's also 100% poison and hitting a golem is the quickest way I've found to get magery above 100.

C

Chaosy

Iv got a golem and a 100% poison weapon -26 magery, I'm at like 106 magery. Iv hit the golem for like 20 min and I got no gain. Yes my cap is 120 and I have pts left to raise it. Did they fix gaining mag skills from golem and mage weapon? or is there something I'm doing wrong?
You have to be guilded in Tram, then: make a macro that says, "all guard me, all stop." Tell your golem to attack you and immediately play your macro. Play your macro ~ every 2 min so it doesn't turn grey/unflag.