• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mage Weapons for a Spawner

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Now that I have my imbuer done, I am redoing all of my character's suits. I'm working on my necro-mage. I use him for spawns in Fel. He's the standard 6 x 120 build. So the 120 Magery would be the weapon skill. I'm thinking of adjusting his jewels and Talisman to get +20 magery and go with a -20 mage weapon. I have a Legendary Smith, but no carpenter (which rules out bokutos).

So here's the question: would this weapon be good?

Dagger (for the 2s base speed)
15 DCI (110)
-20 Mage Weapon (100)
Spell Channeling (100)
50% Hit Lightning (140)
20 DI (40)

This puts the total intensity under 500. I know I could do Twinkling Scimitars and wait for one with -21 DCI, but I don't have the ML gems to spend on it (ATM). I can get them if they are required, but wanted your opinion on this dagger. I don't have any weapon skill or tactics so no specials. Thanks for your thoughts!

BTW, this is not so much for the spawn, but to help me with the raid. I'll most likely continue to use my 30 SDI or slayer spellbooks for the PvM part of the spawn.

-OBSIDIAN-

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot to factor in the 100% for FC 1 to offset the penalty...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oops... yeah I did. I guess that means I have to drop the hit lightning for the FC1.

Should I look at using a non-exceptional dagger to avoid the DI? Of course then I only have 450 intensity to work with.

-OBSIDIAN-

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's already 450 with the following:

15 DCI (110)
-20 Mage Weapon (100)
Spell Channeling (100)
1 FC (140)

So I'd go with the exceptional and free 25 DI (50%) :D

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you agree a dagger is a fine for my purpose? Would there be a better weapon choice? I don't think the specials matter as I have no tactics. My only goal was a fast weapon, but without the hit lightning, maybe that doesn't matter.

-OBSIDIAN-

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using shield/Orni? Easy enough to get 3 FC that way so you can free up a mod on the dagger.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was not planning on using either an Orny or an Arcane Shield, but may go that route. I think the Hit Lightning would be very beneficial.

-OBSIDIAN-

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of dagger, try using a kryss. It's only 1 stone heavier, but same swing speed and higher base damage. You are using it to avoid getting hit and at the same time score interrupts against other characters that are casting (including warriors casting chiv/necro spells).

Being able to fit Hit lightning is very nice. But there are a couple of notes:

1) You will freeze in place whenever the lightning triggers, if your play style relies on maneuverability on the field, be mindful of this
2) Don't let it cloud your decisions, you are a mage first and foremost, it's very tempting sometimes to close in and hope the hit lightning triggers (ahem, the lessons you learn from failures eh? heh)
3) When you are casting, you don't swing, so if you plan to duke it out at melee distance using harm, your weapon won't swing as much