• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macro for targeting instruments

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to set up macros to target a specific slayer instrument in your backpack?

I'd like to create 6 simple macros to 'use' a flute of renewal, so i can quickly switch slayers without having to locate them in my backpack.

Thanks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Leira of Asrai
easy way: dye them with the pigments and drag them into the hotbar :p
obviously you have to dye each slayer in a different color...

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already tried dragging a flute into a hotbar. It gave me a total count of 6 on the hotbar space, but hovering over it showed it to be one of the slayers. I clicked that hotbar space and played that slayer instrument.

I then put that instrument into my bank box and the count updated to 5. I hovered over the hotbar space and it showed a different slayer instrument. I then tried area peace and was successful. I didn't get the error message "that is too far away" or whatever. Instead it actually took a use off of the new slayer instrument, even though I didn't click that one.

The only work around I can figure is to use the Store/Target default action. I had to initially 'store' one of the instruments for each of the 5 defaults. Then in a macro I used target default, use targeted object.

The problem is there are only 5 store default object actions and I need it for 6 different slayer instruments.

Would there be anyway to add a new action item for Store Instrument, then target Instrument kind of like you have for the object ones?

Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmm you should be able to set 6 icons for slayer types and then store/target for each one selecting the corresponding slayer?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already tried dragging a flute into a hotbar. It gave me a total count of 6 on the hotbar space, but hovering over it showed it to be one of the slayers. I clicked that hotbar space and played that slayer instrument.

I then put that instrument into my bank box and the count updated to 5. I hovered over the hotbar space and it showed a different slayer instrument. I then tried area peace and was successful. I didn't get the error message "that is too far away" or whatever. Instead it actually took a use off of the new slayer instrument, even though I didn't click that one.

The only work around I can figure is to use the Store/Target default action. I had to initially 'store' one of the instruments for each of the 5 defaults. Then in a macro I used target default, use targeted object.

The problem is there are only 5 store default object actions and I need it for 6 different slayer instruments.

Would there be anyway to add a new action item for Store Instrument, then target Instrument kind of like you have for the object ones?

Thanks.
you miss the point... you have to dye the instruments. Each instrument must have a different color and that way you'll have just 1 on the hotbar...

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you miss the point... you have to dye the instruments. Each instrument must have a different color and that way you'll have just 1 on the hotbar...
Brilliant! When the instruments are normal color and dragged to the hotbar it will recognize all of them.

But when they are each dyed a different color, they are now unique.

It worked great. I used a different color plant pigment on each one and now I can drag them each to their own spot.

That worked great. Thanks.