• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck impact on loot (in parties)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tried to look this up but I didn't find anything recent addressing this so figured I'd see if anyone knew off the top of their head.

I believe it's still the case where a high end monster's loot quality is based on the luck of the top damage dealer (maybe it's even a random top damage dealer) when it's something like Scalis and there are a bunch of people doing damage right?

What about in a party when doing something like a peerless? I think I remember, this could be very wrong at this point, something like if it's only the party doing damage (as would be the case with a peerless) then it's the total luck of the party divided by the members in the party to come out with an average luck and that's applied? So if I had 2 bards running bard songs and possibly healing (doing no damage) wearing 3k in luck (assume statue is used) and a sampire just using honor (for argument sake 1k luck) doing all the damage would the luck applied to the kill be 1k (sampires luck) or would it be 2333 ((3k + 3k + 1k) / 3)?

Luck seems to be one of those things the DEVs like to change under the radar and don't post much about. It seems like it usually is just something they tell people at Meet and Greets so I'm wondering what the current state of luck is now.

Thanks!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it is random from the “top participants” list (damage taken, damage dealt, damage healed).

I believe it is still random even in a party, I just think people in the party ended up being more or less equal on the list. In other words, I think they are averaging the damage/healing credit in the party then picking a random players luck.

Certainly I could be wrong, but that’s what I have in my memory.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone running more than 1 account to do like Peerless/Champs/Roof using multiple luck suits before the boss drops or just using one luck suit?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone running more than 1 account to do like Peerless/Champs/Roof using multiple luck suits before the boss drops or just using one luck suit?
Keven, I solo exodus on two accounts. Bard with max luck and sampire with 2200-ish luck. I get better items on the sampire than the bard.

I used to not have a luck suit on the sampire and the drops would be worse than the max luck, by a good bit. So, to me the drop loot ranking for suits is:
1. 2200-ish
2. max 3200 or 3400 whatever it is on my bard
3. no luck

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keven, I solo exodus on two accounts. Bard with max luck and sampire with 2200-ish luck. I get better items on the sampire than the bard.

I used to not have a luck suit on the sampire and the drops would be worse than the max luck, by a good bit. So, to me the drop loot ranking for suits is:
1. 2200-ish
3. no luck
If the Sampire is using Honor on Exodus, then you're getting +100 Luck per Step of Perfection. At Achieved Perfection (10 Steps), that's +1,000 Luck, making the Sampire have 3,200 Luck if his suit already has 2,2000 on it.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
''Misk : the current basic formula provides top attacker score values at 55% for Damage, 22.5% for Tanking and 22.5% for Healing. ''

This is still valid btw, if you do a Spawn and you get the skull that means you were the top on the list following the above formula... I m almost 100% sure it indicates the same for the luck .
Also your drop loot ranking by luck :
1. 2200-ish
3. no luck

I can explain why you get better loot at 2k than at 3-4k max. Its because you are looking for ''antique'' jewels and ''prized'' splintering weapons. Both are negatives, but in todays meta both of these negatives are sought after and are actually good ''negatives''. Having highter luck like max luck 3-4k , you will pull more ''clean'' legendaries and stuff like that, but less prized or antique... Overall for the best quantity of antique and prized loot, I found out the ideal is to have somewhere between 1k and 2k luck.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
''Misk : the current basic formula provides top attacker score values at 55% for Damage, 22.5% for Tanking and 22.5% for Healing. ''

This is still valid btw, if you do a Spawn and you get the skull that means you were the top on the list following the above formula... I m almost 100% sure it indicates the same for the luck .
Also your drop loot ranking by luck :
1. 2200-ish
3. no luck

I can explain why you get better loot at 2k than at 3-4k max. Its because you are looking for ''antique'' jewels and ''prized'' splintering weapons. Both are negatives, but in todays meta both of these negatives are sought after and are actually good ''negatives''. Having highter luck like max luck 3-4k , you will pull more ''clean'' legendaries and stuff like that, but less prized or antique... Overall for the best quantity of antique and prized loot, I found out the ideal is to have somewhere between 1k and 2k luck.

So based on that equation a sampire would account for at least 77.5% of the luck total if they are top attacker and tanking at the same time? This would be regardless if in a party or not?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In a undropped party (means stay partied whole time even after boss death) it would equates to the total of luck in the group divided by numbers of players, but if you drop party at the end or do solo fights (unpartied), it will be calculating the luck of the player at the top of the list with the above formula.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In a undropped party (means stay partied whole time even after boss death) it would equates to the total of luck in the group divided by numbers of players, but if you drop party at the end or do solo fights (unpartied), it will be calculating the luck of the player at the top of the list with the above formula.
Ah this is what I seem to remember about staying in the party...