• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lookin' for some oldtimers help

F

FactionsJim

There was a guy on Legends looong ago who had the name Uriah Heep and was a great great PvPer. He came with his guild from GL, Chessy or somewhere, I forget, but he was good.

C

CARFEL1234

For for real is anyone playing UO anywhere anymore? and will there ever be an old time shard? I know SOOOO many people would love to get back into it there hasnt been a PVP game out like it, I still cant beleive they fcked it up so much, god UO used to be so fun. Once they started making it more item based such as the blessed faction weapons that were like vanq's it started ruining it, but up until then when they got factions going good PVP was so fun. and before that when it was T2A and just felucca. God, I bet if I remembered the login for my acct it would be 14 years old now. I remembe I was 4 or 5 years old when I quit, what is the Vet Reward for a 14 year old account now? An Etheral House u can put anywhere? LOL

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14th yr vet reward - Shard Shields – Each representing a specific shard, the shield will give a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represents. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If a house collapses from decay, the shield will disappear. Rather have an etheral house myself....

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How could you guys forget Elder Lord Omega... He made many many custom forum name tags or banners like mine that said UO Police when I was a mod....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if I mentioned them, but back in the old days, we had a few people from Legends start over on Atlantic, we were guiildies for a short while. Woulda been just about the time Trammel came about, main thing I remember is that we couldnt play on their home shard with them cause we didnt have AOL.
Characters were Sanchez/Sir Paco, and Lady Halaneth (can't remember her other char) and a good PvP'er named Acid...

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I mentioned them, but back in the old days, we had a few people from Legends start over on Atlantic, we were guiildies for a short while. Woulda been just about the time Trammel came about, main thing I remember is that we couldnt play on their home shard with them cause we didnt have AOL.
Characters were Sanchez/Sir Paco, and Lady Halaneth (can't remember her other char) and a good PvP'er named Acid...
Acid Rain?????

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasnt Acid the other guy that used a warhammer besides me? Man i miss using Vanquishing warhammers of might!

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and no, Uriah, don't even say it....

Legends, at some point (like when I finish the other three houses) I'd like to do a Garden of the Ancients at the Malas museum. I'm looking for names from the early days of our shard. The ones that immediately come to mind:

Phoenix
Woody
Deception Force
Tipan
NaKasha Saran
Melph Minos
Siobhan
Maximus Cortair

I know that many of us are still here (lookin' at you AoLOLita and MageCruella) and would like to confine this list to those no longer playing. So who am I missing? There are some, like HotDogsRGross, that I knew only on the boards here, I never knew his name ingame, and I did not play in Felucca, so that whole side of it is unknown to me. So tell me who you remember from the early days... like 2000 to 2005 or so.
As far as I know Woody quit for good like 4 or 5 years ago. Nakasha, wow I haven't seen her in like forever.

I am peeking around after a 2 year hiatus since it's free at the moment, not that I'm a true 'old timer', but ten years is quite awhile :)

BaconEgg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
There are some, like HotDogsRGross, that I knew only on the boards here, I never knew his name ingame, and I did not play in Felucca, so that whole side of it is unknown to me. So tell me who you remember from the early days... like 2000 to 2005 or so.
HDRG's ingame names were FriedEggs, xXx, Qwipilaquoa X and a few others. He had the largest collection of bless deeds before his Castle went IDOC....somewhere around 2k deeds of a lot of the famous players from Legends and Atlantic.

Hi DevilsOwn!!! :heart:!

Upon my memory slowly coming back to me...the only person that came close (or maybe tied) with my bless deed collection was Sorcon... He had some pretty cool collectibles, too... Alas, all of my stuff, save a few items in the bank, went with my castle when it went IDOC.. No worries, it's easy to get stuff in UO. :)

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:heart:
I'll have to check my stable, but I believe I still have a dragon that I named Hot Dog that you gave me? and are you coming back or is this just a trip down Memory Lane?

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hotdogsrgross, was a Good Friend to me... As was Nakasha Saran... I started on Legends in 1999... I am Dravon Core...
I still play, however I left Legends shard a little over a year ago...

BaconEgg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'll have to check my stable, but I believe I still have a dragon that I named Hot Dog that you gave me? and are you coming back or is this just a trip down Memory Lane?
I don't know if I'm coming back...maybe on my Orc character...he was always fun. Depends on what they have done to the game, I guess. A few friends of ours were thinking of coming back to play. I haven't played since around 2007-2008...so I have missed a lot I'm sure...

Rhoads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know it's pretty cool when I guess 10 years or about a DECADE after giving my account to Omni.... That my characters still live...... Yup I gots staying power apparently heheh

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha! Has it been almost ten years already? Holy ****. Yea I think the main chars are still there. Rhoads, Scar Tissue and others.

I enjoyed reading thru this thread. I remember fighting Gian, silent death, acid rain and a few more. My character that I remember was Captain Ahab. I usually teamed up with Adino the Eznite, darkdragon and Loki. I think imthebest occasionally would play with us too, fun times....

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
MEEEMMMMOOOORRRRIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I rolled with baby J a few times. Always knew CB! But never realized it meant crazy bastards. I split time on Lake Austin and even featured in a few crazy Joe episodes. That guy was a hoot

KoopahTroopah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
BJ! I love how people still cruise here. Just shows how impactful this game was.
Rolls Royce haha! I can still picture your guy cruising on an ethy llama and rocking that neon hair. You're right this game was super impactful. I started in early 98 when I was 12 and played until like 04 when AoS came out. Bounced around from game to game ever since - Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer Online, The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online - no game has ever come close to matching UO in my heart.

I got the itch 2 years ago and rolled a new character. Server was pretty dead and I only lasted about 2 months. Got the itch again this week, but decided to skip OSI and am currently installing Outlands. Hopefully it keeps my interest for more than a month this time.

To all my old homies I love you all and miss you all - except MrTwinke(FU).

~BabyJesus~

Maybe I should look into those servers. Man I came back with my old account just to run around, do some minimal pvp and log off. Not the same without the people we all loved to play with. Outlands, I will look that up though. Shinji was looking around to come back a couple months ago also.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Tov and Darri lien's museum. Saw a few name there not up here :)

Lord Bud Smoker
Einstein
Ghost of Gramps
Trace
Lord Guardianscribe
Natas Uth Mater (dont ask how i thought this was pronouned)
Lord Imakestuff
Brimstone
Sieklie
Brig Lightforge
Versace
Daltiana
Lord Fletcher (well that Phoenix so it be a repeat :) )
Shinobi
Ana Rahti
Suzannah Miner
Lord Gold Rush
Saint Columbkil
Grandpa Otis (oh wait i think he is still around)
RangeTamer
House of Usher
Yance Sackett
Shiloh

Not Sure if this are what your looking for Dev but it was an idea

I had a few names i remeber from when i started

Hammerhead
Dr Icestorm
Sir Makesalot

Also Tov and Darri Lien.. their houses are around but the went traitor on us and went to WoW. :(

oh saw some names in the honored book on front step. not sure these peeps still play or not

Tyrath
Red Trammie
Faith
Avalon
Elrond
Hanse the Insane (wait isnt that an event dude now)
Kryptman
Red Soldier
I am trying to come back after all of these years. Have more down time, and do miss it.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and no, Uriah, don't even say it....

Legends, at some point (like when I finish the other three houses) I'd like to do a Garden of the Ancients at the Malas museum. I'm looking for names from the early days of our shard. The ones that immediately come to mind:

Phoenix
Woody
Deception Force
Tipan
NaKasha Saran
Melph Minos
Siobhan
Maximus Cortair

I know that many of us are still here (lookin' at you AoLOLita and MageCruella) and would like to confine this list to those no longer playing. So who am I missing? There are some, like HotDogsRGross, that I knew only on the boards here, I never knew his name ingame, and I did not play in Felucca, so that whole side of it is unknown to me. So tell me who you remember from the early days... like 2000 to 2005 or so.
Woody and Siobhan, definitely.

Valcor_KOD

Visitor
Well I'm only 10 years late to the thread. Omnicron you still lurking on the boards? Is there anyone that still remembers the KOD? We were mostly RP guild but at one time we were in the top three. Had many friends on here. Highlander was the guildmaster and Falstaf. Valcor and Raistalin were charged with gathering members. I was even on the Trinisc council at one point.

I just went back to the shard and been playing for like a week and hardly see anyone. Even bank sitting seems to be a thing of the past. I enjoyed reading this thread. Brought back alot of memories.

Valcor

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I'm only 10 years late to the thread. Omnicron you still lurking on the boards? Is there anyone that still remembers the KOD? We were mostly RP guild but at one time we were in the top three. Had many friends on here. Highlander was the guildmaster and Falstaf. Valcor and Raistalin were charged with gathering members. I was even on the Trinisc council at one point.

I just went back to the shard and been playing for like a week and hardly see anyone. Even bank sitting seems to be a thing of the past. I enjoyed reading this thread. Brought back alot of memories.

Valcor
I still lurk.... =)

I still lurk.... =)
Well, well, if it isnt Omni the undying...
Do you know what else hasn't died? Avernian loyalties.
I feel like it's my duty to pop in every ten years and point this out. Legends, and any other shard/server will forever be under the shadow of our threat. Ive even heard rumors of an Avernian embassy popping up elsewhere... ;)

Last edited:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bro, I wont lie, that was some of the best times in the UO for me. The Avernian wars and all that stuff. It was so much fun!

Bro, I wont lie, that was some of the best times in the UO for me. The Avernian wars and all that stuff. It was so much fun!
Its been about 20 years since those wars, and remains the highlight of any gaming Ive ever done. A career and kids prevents getting that involved again; but Ive had some fun dropping some good old Avernian propaganda in UOR as of late.
You've stuck around legends for many years, have there been many other shard wide happenings since then? I tried coming back at one point, but it was nothing but gold farmers and bank sitting :(

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its been about 20 years since those wars, and remains the highlight of any gaming Ive ever done. A career and kids prevents getting that involved again; but Ive had some fun dropping some good old Avernian propaganda in UOR as of late.
You've stuck around legends for many years, have there been many other shard wide happenings since then? I tried coming back at one point, but it was nothing but gold farmers and bank sitting :(
I have checked in here and there. To say I have played is a stretch. The closet thing I have done is played UO Outlands. Even then it was sparse. I dont really game much anymore. Just lurk. Miss the old days in UO. I cant seem to capture that magic again...

Lord Seven

Visitor
I still have my account which has 39 unclaimed vet rewards. Ha. All the names here are great to remember. I hope all is well.

Lord Seven