• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lookin' for some oldtimers help

C

Cher of AOL legends

Is there anyone left playing on legends? Me and lawrence been around for a few days now but it seems like a ghost town aroun here.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Max had a val set of Valortite armor that my smith crafted for him, It was my very first set of GM Val armor i made and gave it to him. My smith is/was "The Virtues"

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and no mention of cyn? shameful.

edit: acid rain's bro was coma. when rhoads was a mod was awesome. anyone remember when lojack lurked on (...was it sorna? sangria?) so hard after she posted her rl pic that she actually took it down?
Lemme know if you know Cyn. I met a friend in RL that was suprised that I played UO. I mentioned i played on legends and he about died. He says his name was Cyn. Told me a few other people he had too. Mentioned a few things only one of you guys would know about the old days. Anyway i cant believe its such a small world. Hes my Karate sensei and i was talking to him about gaming when he mentioned stratics. Apparently he did some writing for them back in the day. I guess you will know soon enough. When i told him about the shard etc he mentioned dropping in and checking things out. So far the older players in my guild dont remember him.
Hes in his mid 50s id guess and doing well. Anyway if you know him and there is a good chance that he would know you, drop me a line.

C

Cher of AOL legends

:)I do remember Cyn and he'd prolly know me as Cherokee.I actually remember alot of people commenting here and some names brought up,especially Blunt and Sticky that had a house right outside yew gate luved playing there,Or being on my red lumberjack hanging out with Keeper,all of the faction battles SL for life LOL.Been gone about 5 years and everything in my bank is out dated.Having fun tho would like to chat with anyone from the old days .

G

Gian

small world, indeed.

i didn't know cyn super well or anything, but he was a really cool dude and i always thought of him as something of a mascot of legends. his reporting stuff he did on the shard was pretty much the only reason i ever read main page stratics. he even tried to keep up with pvp events and such, which was pretty impressive back then as i seem to remember the divide between pvper and non was generally pretty bitter.

G

Gian

and ****, i don't think iamthebest was mentioned in here. he wasn't an original shardie, i don't think, but he was a top tier mage in factions.

C

Cyn

and no mention of cyn? shameful.

edit: acid rain's bro was coma. when rhoads was a mod was awesome. anyone remember when lojack lurked on (...was it sorna? sangria?) so hard after she posted her rl pic that she actually took it down?
Damn nice of you to say, Gian.

That shard was something else 'back in the day.' I guess the opening of a new shard always spawns some unique stories. As I was usually poking my nose into someone's business, I had the pleasure of meeting some really good people. (Met some turds, too.) It's been several years, yet I still think about that shard.

If Legends was anything special and I believe it was, it's only because of the unique group dynamic. People make the shard and you all made Legends a special community.

Good to see so many still out and about. Best of everything to you all.

Cyn

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that my opinion matters much but this thread is turning out to be a bit extreme... I wouldn't mind seeing a garden for people that have passed on but for people who just don't play UO anymore.. pft.... I remember a few names fondly and am very surprised to see Tipan's name up here. I had only been playing for maybe 2 years when he passed away and I can still point out the spot where is log cabin was on the way to Minoc. He was a very nice guy.
Not sure what happened to Woody but can say for sure he is missed. NaKasha Saran, wow does that name take me back to my early days... Siobhan, Phoenix and some of the original names mentioned, ya sure... But too all the rest... all I can say is, I can throw some names out there too from people I remembered and have played with but very few people have left a lasting impression on me. Still its good to know that a few people have been remembered and always funny to see the people that have left but refused to be forgotten...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of these names are from different aspects of the UO universe. Some were more of the best pvprs that helped mold the pvp on the shard, others were some of the firsts on the shard, like Drabba and Tipan. Other shaped how the community was made. In fact, 85% of these people mentioned were shard originals. They made Legends what it was, before it was opened to the public. If you didnt play the shard when it was closed, I wouldnt expect you to understand. Almost all the names here, have done something for the shard, or something for the community.

So no, I dont think its extreme.

Oh and I think everyone forgot about my good buddy Deception Force!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Force is well represented at Cortair's Gift :) one of my earliest and dearest friends

Jove, the intent here, for me, is to gather names from the early days so that I do not overlook anyone when I finally look at the castle and call it complete. I will not know (or if I did know, remember!) all those that had an impact on our home, and would like to include as many as possible in the displays scattered there.

It's a work in progress, guys, and will be for a long time, but it's always open for visitors unless I'm doing decorating. Just go to the rope bridge at Grimswind Ruins, most libraries have a rune to there.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me and Sorcon must have our own entire wing then. Cause we were pretty bad ass at everything.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
somewhere I have an item (can't recall what it is right now) with the Uth Matar name, but it is neither Venus nor Natas... I only recall ever seeing Venus, but I know I hung onto that item cause I was pretty sure that they were the only ones to use that name.... when I finally run across it again I'll check with ya, Jove, perhaps you'll know

I'm sure I have no Gold.... a few Gold Rush, but not Gold

ambrossia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened to everyone on Legends?
Looks like things have changed a lot.
It's funny because a lot of people mentioned here are the people I remember so well.

O

Old Man Maximus

hehe can't forget about Maximus Cortair... aka Maxie Poo! I will never forget his first venture to Fel when he raided an L*D spawn and got a few PS and got so nervous when they came back to get their spawn that he just went ahead and ate the scrolls so no one would loot them off his corpse!!

ya well, it wasnt nervousness, I swear.....greediness maybe???

That was a fun night though.

Jeez, of all the things for someone to remember a man by and thats IT?????

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe can't forget about Maximus Cortair... aka Maxie Poo! I will never forget his first venture to Fel when he raided an L*D spawn and got a few PS and got so nervous when they came back to get their spawn that he just went ahead and ate the scrolls so no one would loot them off his corpse!!

ya well, it wasnt nervousness, I swear.....greediness maybe???

That was a fun night though.

Jeez, of all the things for someone to remember a man by and thats IT?????
well, there's that and how you simply hated being called Maxi Poo ;) nice to see ya still keepin' an eye on us

O

Old Man Maximus

I'm toyin' with the idea of coming back, I even have a trial account in action now, toon is named the same as this. The old homestead looks good Dev, I'm impressed that you kept everything going for this long.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm toyin' with the idea of coming back, I even have a trial account in action now, toon is named the same as this. The old homestead looks good Dev, I'm impressed that you kept everything going for this long.
I think there is a Balron looking for you demanding a rematch because he still cant believe a silly lumberjack kept coming back at him over and over :hahaha: Good too see you good sir :)

M

MoreBeer

Hehe.. here some names.. i didnt see.. 2000-2003

Belagrath
Beelzebubba
Optimus Prime
Enpeasee
Magic Bob
Demetrius
KeeperOfSouls <--- Nemisis Of MoreBeer

P

PCByproduct

Yeah, whoever ended up w/ those bless deeds can feel free to distribute them into a museum. I spent a lot of time making them, but never had the space to do with them as I intended. I think I got almost every major old timer from that generation on the deeds.

Lady Sexy Metal was awesome...

I guess we'd also need to include some of the mid-range generation like Ghetto Barbie, the infamous Barbed Kit Addict I memorialized in a rap song.
Now now, Sorcon...you got at least 300+ from an outside source...hehe...

Lot of names to be added! Lot's of good ones here, though! Thanks for the :heart:, DevilsOwn!!

P

PCByproduct

Hehe.. here some names.. i didnt see.. 2000-2003

Belagrath
Beelzebubba
Optimus Prime
Enpeasee
Magic Bob
Demetrius
KeeperOfSouls <--- Nemisis Of MoreBeer
KoS....cool guy...

Laina
Malice Loki

Surprised to see so many old folks still active... Been what? 13-14 years? Geez....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mal and Laina are still here (two houses that I know of) but have moved most operations, including that wonderful museum, to Baja, just outside of Umbra. I go visit now and then and steal ideas from Laina ;)

now, more importantly, I don't recall the name PCByproduct..... what was your name in the lands, please?

P

PCByproduct

Mal and Laina are still here (two houses that I know of) but have moved most operations, including that wonderful museum, to Baja, just outside of Umbra. I go visit now and then and steal ideas from Laina ;)

now, more importantly, I don't recall the name PCByproduct..... what was your name in the lands, please?
I'm just a Byproduct! lolz... I'm glad they have the museum on Baja still...and I hope they have the contributions I added on display! Best museum in UO, IMO! I still want my own Ship Model... I had a server birth rare from Jeholm....but that is long gone!

Good to see some familiar faces!

keke!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cuda, when you have a moment check the name on the new house in Skara next to FSB guild house.... we may have our mysterious stranger :)

G

grewha420

Old old players...

Peg and Casca
Blackie
Lord Gold
Hephatus
420 (cannot remember names from there, maybe someone else can)
Thena
Edward
Acid Rain and his brother, cannot remember name, and all of them from the original CoM, and uhhhhhh, i forget his name but was in the original Shadowlords, grr. too long ago
I'Thunk and his 2 crazy and very funny orc friends, i think one was named Sima, the other M'opher
Britney Spears
420:
Scribinator
Eval Kneval
Garcia Vega
Pepsi Cola
Lithium
nacknolia.slim.
Death
Amadeo Distante
A PK Elemental
Sandman
Keeper of Souls

others:
Iamthebest
Dark Dragon (the guy you were thinking of in SL)
Slow
Jamicus
Jack Daniels
Raistlin
The Saints
Lex
Ryu Jinn
Crimson God
Pimp Dad

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two more:

I Forgot
DevilsOwn (Older Than Dirt)
I Forgot is my ex, lol. I was/ am Blackwolf/TeddyGrahms. I recall quiet a few of these players, especially nakasha, derrii lien and moorbeer. I just started playing again, but on the atlantic shard. My house dropped in 05' its was the 18x18 just north of the brit xroads - had a lot of personal moments in there I'm curious if anyone picked up.

G

Gian

that nacknolia dude was such a putz. he was only relevant at one point because he somehow played on high speed broadband when the entire shard was on AOL.

i'd swear i remember him not even having wrestling because nobody could get near him well enough to hit him.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i was gonna say, Nacknolia Slim would pre cast exp drop flame strike and mindblast/energy bolt you then jump off screen again. same with A PK elemental. He would just run and run and run.

C

ConstantineXII

Well I had a little spark of nostalgia for my UO days and couldnt help but be curious about the Legends community was doing. This little thread brought back so many memories of my Avernian days. So much has changed (Sorcon is filthy rich? Omni will most likely outlast everyone?) but it was great to see the names of players from the past. What I wouldnt give to have a week of playing Legends when it was still new.

Any Avernians still around?

oh, heres another one for the list: The Great Dwight Fry!

X

Xavior

Glad to see I was remembered..

Lord Blackie (my smith)
SirLordGold

U

UOSteve

Hi Jove! I remember running the gauntlet in doom so many times me you and natas. So many names I remember. What a flash back. :D

I had:
Steve - mage
Bruce - swordsman
Cain - tailor/smith
Sorcon Uth Matar - tamer

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and no, Uriah, don't even say it....

Legends, at some point (like when I finish the other three houses) I'd like to do a Garden of the Ancients at the Malas museum. I'm looking for names from the early days of our shard. The ones that immediately come to mind:

Phoenix
Woody
Deception Force
Tipan
NaKasha Saran
Melph Minos
Siobhan
Maximus Cortair

I know that many of us are still here (lookin' at you AoLOLita and MageCruella) and would like to confine this list to those no longer playing. So who am I missing? There are some, like HotDogsRGross, that I knew only on the boards here, I never knew his name ingame, and I did not play in Felucca, so that whole side of it is unknown to me. So tell me who you remember from the early days... like 2000 to 2005 or so.
Samia Moonstar, Centus. I have some interesting items...we need to get together Dev

Wingfield

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! My goodness! These names bring up memories. I still have stuff crafted by Lord L.J., and then there was MJ Princess, and Freestyle, and Wickedly Delish, Hand of God, Brenwyth, Kira Darkmoon, Blue, .....Heavens I'm getting old.

M

Marc_anthony

This makes me sad.. apprently my Login is no longer active :( my thousands of post all for nothing :(

I need to lurk these forums a lot more. So many great names in here brought a tear to my eye. The memories of UO are still ones that case in new games that I play around with.

I hope you old folks are enjoying it if you are still around.

:heart: Scoron, Omni (hope the fam is doing well sir) , Gian and others that posted here. Maybe one day I will reactivate my accounts and bring them some of my toons.

v/r,

Rolls Royce/Ronald McDonald/Marc Anthony

duderominu5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Remington and Fossil(i stole his name)... two UO:R axers--i doubt ya'll would remember them though... Its been so long, I'm drawing a blank of all the people I should remember from the pre-scrolls era.
BTW, I'll probably be coming back soon. Not that ya'll remember me, apparently.

F

Fitzrin

One of our characters named Fitzrin is actually The Harpers guild master if anyone wants to bring back TH anytime.
;)

King Dane came back a while ago and then vanished again. I need to check his house again and see when he last logged into the guild

C

CARFEL1234

what about the other guys in CB!? Saw you mentioned Gian and BabyJesus but what about JR/JollyRoger/The Redeemer and Mike ??

F

FactionsJim

You're all amateurs. Cept Cash and JR :love:, and Gian, since I was his apprentice and all...

F

FactionsJim

Anyways, me and JR have been chit chatting, trying to remember some old names, kinda gonna list em all here, prolly a few that have been mentioned tho, so besides myself being
Weigraf, Juuroku Gou, Ramza Beoulve, FactionsJim
I was always with Raist and Dalamar, we shared 20+ accounts together after Gian abandoned me
but there was JollyRoger/The Redeemer, and his cousin mike/Mozart Darklight
I also messaged XiirridecentiX, who was one of the original Saints, and learned he still works with Rixus
and I'm still in frequent contact with Mr. Twinke, who was also a Saint.
And i'm also in touch with Zora. You'll remember Zora from my guild FFL, which also spawned the player Tragic Magic, whom frequented the Brit gate as various other chars.
I'll never forget my hetero lifemate Cash, who bought my acct that had the Magincia beach house that was so very clutch for factions.
And Persian, who was a good good friend, and you can see his brother Antonio Esfandiari, who is a member of the World Poker Tour.
Cant forget these names tho:
Willie
Apophis
SHIVA
Darkdragon
Malagger
slow
Sammael
Tordex
LeX
Chong
the Murray brothers
PimpDaD
Uriah Heep
justamule
Woah Nightfall
the other Woah guy
stickman
Slidell Saratoga
all the Bad Karma, 420, D-I, CB!, *P*, WEB, 6i6, people

Non PvPers
Kaz Sadique
Clark W Griswold

I also have about 400 names on my AIM buddy list that I can't match who the players were to, but maybe I could list them and if we all have any in common or remember some we might be able to put a bunch more names together...

D

Death_Row

Anyways, me and JR have been chit chatting, trying to remember some old names, kinda gonna list em all here, prolly a few that have been mentioned tho, so besides myself being
Weigraf, Juuroku Gou, Ramza Beoulve, FactionsJim
I was always with Raist and Dalamar, we shared 20+ accounts together after Gian abandoned me
but there was JollyRoger/The Redeemer, and his cousin mike/Mozart Darklight
I also messaged XiirridecentiX, who was one of the original Saints, and learned he still works with Rixus
and I'm still in frequent contact with Mr. Twinke, who was also a Saint.
And i'm also in touch with Zora. You'll remember Zora from my guild FFL, which also spawned the player Tragic Magic, whom frequented the Brit gate as various other chars.
I'll never forget my hetero lifemate Cash, who bought my acct that had the Magincia beach house that was so very clutch for factions.
And Persian, who was a good good friend, and you can see his brother Antonio Esfandiari, who is a member of the World Poker Tour.
Cant forget these names tho:
Willie
Apophis
SHIVA
Darkdragon
Malagger
slow
Sammael
Tordex
LeX
Chong
the Murray brothers
PimpDaD
Uriah Heep
justamule
Woah Nightfall
the other Woah guy
stickman
Slidell Saratoga
all the Bad Karma, 420, D-I, CB!, *P*, WEB, 6i6, people

Non PvPers
Kaz Sadique
Clark W Griswold

I also have about 400 names on my AIM buddy list that I can't match who the players were to, but maybe I could list them and if we all have any in common or remember some we might be able to put a bunch more names together...

:heart:3 nostalgic **** right here

ps: the other woah is Woah Callipso

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missed alot of the pvp scene including the best mage to come from legends.

:) tis why I asked, Nexed.... some of the PvP names I do recognize, but I think maybe that's cause of their posting names here being the same

one of those guys (Gian, maybe?) had a signature that had been done in Windows paint with the sprayer..... someone had challenged them all to do a good siggy in paint and a few accepted the challenge but that one person used that same sig for a long time

gotta tell ya, I'm having a wonderful time in this thread... it's like walking past the Moonglow cemetary in the very early days

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the Murray brothers
PimpDaD
Uriah Heep
justamule
Woah Nightfall
the other Woah guy
How did I get in there as a pvp'er? Hell, I can barely pvm!!
:p