• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lolz I Got Paged On Because I Was Better At Getting Eggs

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event has bred not only bots, but really sour grapes people. I discovered an egg route that only 1 other person up until a couple of weeks ago knew about and that player quit hunting eggs. Off and on I have been running this route since day 3 of the start of the egg event. I know where all the spots the eggs can spawn at in each spot - they do not always spawn in the exact same location. If you were to pop in on me, you would see me running to different spots to check for the egg. So, some player discovers about half my route 2 weeks ago. This player often recalls to one spot only (even though it could spawn 20 tiles away), no egg, they recall out in a fraction of a second. I wait and then get the egg that spawns 20 sec after they leave. This player has seen me running to different spots, not standing still like they do half the time. I have been getting the better of this player - so they got pissed and called a gm on me. The GM asked me not only to say "yes" to the "are you here question", they even asked me what was 50+25. I even commented to the GM who the player was that paged on me, lol. *rolls eyes* , obviously I am botting. Anyway, not here to complain, just to lolz at what the event is reduced to. Bots and bad attitudes.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ohhh so a bot program can not answer a GMs question after all. @Anon McDougle will be shocked to hear that. Kinda like i said over and over, these are attended players. Whoda thunk it.

That person probably posted about you being a bot on the other forum and many agreed, because you are doing Bot things...

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh so a bot program can not answer a GMs question after all. @Anon McDougle will be shocked to hear that. Kinda like i said over and over, these are attended players. Whoda thunk it.

That person probably posted about you being a bot on the other forum and many agreed, because you are doing Bot things...
I guess Broadsword staff is getting a lot of heat about the botting issue, because the GM showed up faster than any GM I have ever seen since playing UO for 24 yrs. I had only been competing with this player for 30-40 min, and the only time I saw him stop long enough to maybe target me for complaint was 15 min before I quit for the night.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess Broadsword staff is getting a lot of heat about the botting issue, because the GM showed up faster than any GM I have ever seen since playing UO for 24 yrs. I had only been competing with this player for 30-40 min, and the only time I saw him stop long enough to maybe target me for complaint was 15 min before I quit for the night.
I cant believe they work on weekends. I hope they get paid.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny how a player died outside Destard yesterday and his ghost was just standing these for over 20 mins. Of course not illegal but an attended players just having a ghost break

What I did find rather interesting is an established looking player turned up, killed all the spawn someone else lured to the entrance, recalled away, then the ghost moved, got res'd and started again

Shock horror, could it be that players are using EJ accts to run illegal scripts so no action is taken against their master accts? Interesting..........

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In paddy cakes world all the bots are attended honest players
Do you not understand how easy it is to, play a game or two, watch TV/Movie, browse the internet. download next movie from a site, while sitting in your computer station, attended.

They do find the incompetent:

2 - Abuse of game mechanics
5 - Solicitation
71- Macroing
79 - Multiboxing
3 - Disruptive Behavior
1 - Physical Harassment
2 - Staff Impersonation

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do you not understand how easy it is to, play a game or two, watch TV/Movie, browse the internet. download next movie from a site, while sitting in your computer station, attended.

They do find the incompetent:

2 - Abuse of game mechanics
5 - Solicitation
71- Macroing
79 - Multiboxing
3 - Disruptive Behavior
1 - Physical Harassment
2 - Staff Impersonation
I'm gonna reply to this with a new thread in unleashed..

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This event has bred not only bots, but really sour grapes people. I discovered an egg route that only 1 other person up until a couple of weeks ago knew about and that player quit hunting eggs. Off and on I have been running this route since day 3 of the start of the egg event. I know where all the spots the eggs can spawn at in each spot - they do not always spawn in the exact same location. If you were to pop in on me, you would see me running to different spots to check for the egg. So, some player discovers about half my route 2 weeks ago. This player often recalls to one spot only (even though it could spawn 20 tiles away), no egg, they recall out in a fraction of a second. I wait and then get the egg that spawns 20 sec after they leave. This player has seen me running to different spots, not standing still like they do half the time. I have been getting the better of this player - so they got pissed and called a gm on me. The GM asked me not only to say "yes" to the "are you here question", they even asked me what was 50+25. I even commented to the GM who the player was that paged on me, lol. *rolls eyes* , obviously I am botting. Anyway, not here to complain, just to lolz at what the event is reduced to. Bots and bad attitudes.

I so fully agree... Incompetent egg pickers think that a person on a route is a bot. bloody jealous and sour morons!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I so fully agree... Incompetent egg pickers think that a person on a route is a bot. bloody jealous and sour morons!
true. someone called me a bot *******
because I picked up an egg that spawned right next to me.
(this is after I had saw them at only one other spot, where I let them get the egg
because they were there first)

then next time I saw them,
I was turning in eggs.
someone ran out of the dungeon & got rez.
after I healed them, this person said "oh you're not a bot"
i just "lol" and recalled out

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
true. someone called me a bot *******
because I picked up an egg that spawned right next to me.
(this is after I had saw them at only one other spot, where I let them get the egg
because they were there first)

then next time I saw them,
I was turning in eggs.
someone ran out of the dungeon & got rez.
after I healed them, this person said "oh you're not a bot"
i just "lol" and recalled out
So true, similar happened to me too.. I start a conversation, but only while turning in eggs. the other one was surprised, lol. But who talks while collecting.. I can barely drop my cigarrette's ash onto the ashtray for fear of missing a beat!

mihali

Sage
worst event to date , imo
Not really..The worst is yet to come. Just kidding of course.

These events are difficult and extremely grindy, and after you get to know what to do, also boring, same thing over and over again. They are supposed to be this way of sorts. Not easy pickings. Well the devs provided for easy pickings for the ones that want to do eggs, assuming you mapped out the places you get the eggs from. Just a little work.
The event started as an accident with the mega-ball of players and bots lumped up getting hundreds of drops first 2-3 days. That was fixed. Then the issue of the bots came up, and that was fixed also.
The other similar events were not much easier if you recall. Now we are hearing of people getting 200 eggs in one hour. Possibly true, but enough to bore you to oblivion.
Even Destard fighting is boring by now somewhat, at least for a lot of people.
If you don't like eggs, then equip an archer with a little luck from the two orange colored ring/brace set from the trash points, get your Bow with a little SSI, some basic gear and use the archer, and don't fight things that will nuke you in there. The Paras will chase you up to a certain point, likely not catch you unless you are on foot. Use luck makes a good difference in this event. I use about 670 without the statue. Get at least 12 usually 20 drops in one hour mwhile the statue luck holds, then the drops decrease, but still fun to play, especially with others. Talk to others in game to play as a team, you may get surprised.
This event is hard, but doable, all I had to do is get information from this great resource here, and apply it, and just play the game. Have fun is the key word here.

Reactions: dvv

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not really..The worst is yet to come. Just kidding of course.

These events are difficult and extremely grindy, and after you get to know what to do, also boring, same thing over and over again. They are supposed to be this way of sorts. Not easy pickings. Well the devs provided for easy pickings for the ones that want to do eggs, assuming you mapped out the places you get the eggs from. Just a little work.
The event started as an accident with the mega-ball of players and bots lumped up getting hundreds of drops first 2-3 days. That was fixed. Then the issue of the bots came up, and that was fixed also.
The other similar events were not much easier if you recall. Now we are hearing of people getting 200 eggs in one hour. Possibly true, but enough to bore you to oblivion.
Even Destard fighting is boring by now somewhat, at least for a lot of people.
If you don't like eggs, then equip an archer with a little luck from the two orange colored ring/brace set from the trash points, get your Bow with a little SSI, some basic gear and use the archer, and don't fight things that will nuke you in there. The Paras will chase you up to a certain point, likely not catch you unless you are on foot. Use luck makes a good difference in this event. I use about 670 without the statue. Get at least 12 usually 20 drops in one hour mwhile the statue luck holds, then the drops decrease, but still fun to play, especially with others. Talk to others in game to play as a team, you may get surprised.
This event is hard, but doable, all I had to do is get information from this great resource here, and apply it, and just play the game. Have fun is the key word here.
My main character that I do this with has 120 fishing for goodness sake its the brokenness it's the lack of communication it's the lack of acknowledgement and accountability that makes it the worst ever except in paddy cakes land

mihali

Sage
My main character that I do this with has 120 fishing for goodness sake its the brokenness it's the lack of communication it's the lack of acknowledgement and accountability that makes it the worst ever except in paddy cakes land
With the Fisherman 120 you can definitely pull 200 eggs no problem.
But let me see your fisherman try to get by some of the Paras in Dest. Just fun. Have fun, you guys and less bitterness.
I agree it was messed up days 1-2-3 but then not too bad. At least they were intelligent enough to provide two different gameplay styles for this event. Destard or eggs. That is not too bad right? Also about communication not sure here but part of the challenge is deciphering the Event mechanics? Accountability : They messed up first 3 days, I think it was the weekend also. What do you want them to do? A game wide apology for allowing for drops to fall at astronomic rates initially? I doubt that it would have helped anyone's position, including the players that took advantage of this and amassed 2-3,000 drops then. Enjoy what you have and dont be too bitters, its ok, its only a video game afterall.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the Fisherman 120 you can definitely pull 200 eggs no problem.
But let me see your fisherman try to get by some of the Paras in Dest. Just fun. Have fun, you guys and less bitterness.
I agree it was messed up days 1-2-3 but then not too bad. At least they were intelligent enough to provide two different gameplay styles for this event. Destard or eggs. That is not too bad right? Also about communication not sure here but part of the challenge is deciphering the Event mechanics? Accountability : They messed up first 3 days, I think it was the weekend also. What do you want them to do? A game wide apology for allowing for drops to fall at astronomic rates initially? I doubt that it would have helped anyone's position, including the players that took advantage of this and amassed 2-3,000 drops then. Enjoy what you have and dont be too bitters, its ok, its only a video game afterall.
Come to Origin Garr Grimbeard awaits we shall clear all the paragons

mihali

Sage
Come to Origin Garr Grimbeard awaits we shall clear all the paragons
Frankly, as an archer I have not figured out the Para Dragons and Para SW, and some of the other tiny paras that are nasty casters yet. I just chicken away from them or I have to get a new se of grey robes each time. So Para drakes are soso alone tho, but the para angel guys, and para big birds not too nice, lol. So my technique is hit and run high speed, hit the things I can put down that is. Unless I am on a team, then it all changes, and works better. Esp if one is a tamer that has a pet that can tank, and Rune Corrupt.
Not too many people usually so solo for me most time sadly. Still kind of fun, but as said, it has gottlen more on the same repetitious boring side as well.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Frankly, as an archer I have not figured out the Para Dragons and Para SW, and some of the other tiny paras that are nasty casters yet. I just chicken away from them or I have to get a new se of grey robes each time. So Para drakes are soso alone tho, but the para angel guys, and para big birds not too nice, lol. So my technique is hit and run high speed, hit the things I can put down that is. Unless I am on a team, then it all changes, and works better. Esp if one is a tamer that has a pet that can tank, and Rune Corrupt.
Not too many people usually so solo for me most time sadly. Still kind of fun, but as said, it has gottlen more on the same repetitious boring side as well.
Garr has fire beetle with rune corruption i get paragons locked on it then use thrower to help kill

mihali

Sage
1655353558388.png

The fun is also in making gear that works for particular occasions/events etc.
Made this cheapo Bow a few minutes ago. Did not have regs for bumping it up to 37 HML, but can do that later after I get them, so it can get a little better. I made the runic kit (Oak I think), got 15 Comp Bows from the luna arms seller, since I do not need the DI 40 etc. Also All the SSI I need one the bow is 25. Did not use Void orbs since they are super expensive. I tried this on the lower end Paras and all dragons including the GDS, and SWs they go dowen faster with this one. I was lucky to get 100% poison one after only 3 bows and only one runic kit. So HLD is 30 from helm and 48 from bow, so this calculated to about 60-63% chance for 8 sec HLD, that is kind of sweet. But These Paras likely have so high wrestling and HCI that all this is like a drop in a bucket, lol. Will test it out.
I would like to try this on the higher end Paras, but will not hold my breath that it is a lot better. Need a tank for these, and no player character can tank them likely, any template. For these Tamer helper several pple and then still dicey.
I know I could have done exceptional bows, 40% DI, then remove DI with stone of enervation, but they are expensive, and don't want to b low off 11-15 M for the goofy stone.
PLUS, this works nicely!! As it is. :)

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, got told to go f myself by another player who has found 3 spots on my route. Sitting there at the turn in at Destard, I see him say "Up your's <my character name>. Damn bots." To which the "bot" replied, "You're a moron". It seems everyone who finds themselves competing with someone who is good or better at getting the eggs, they just assume it's a bot. Please God, end this dumbass event so we can go back to normal stupidity.

mihali

Sage
View attachment 131344

The fun is also in making gear that works for particular occasions/events etc.
Made this cheapo Bow a few minutes ago. Did not have regs for bumping it up to 37 HML, but can do that later after I get them, so it can get a little better. I made the runic kit (Oak I think), got 15 Comp Bows from the luna arms seller, since I do not need the DI 40 etc. Also All the SSI I need one the bow is 25. Did not use Void orbs since they are super expensive. I tried this on the lower end Paras and all dragons including the GDS, and SWs they go dowen faster with this one. I was lucky to get 100% poison one after only 3 bows and only one runic kit. So HLD is 30 from helm and 48 from bow, so this calculated to about 60-63% chance for 8 sec HLD, that is kind of sweet. But These Paras likely have so high wrestling and HCI that all this is like a drop in a bucket, lol. Will test it out.
I would like to try this on the higher end Paras, but will not hold my breath that it is a lot better. Need a tank for these, and no player character can tank them likely, any template. For these Tamer helper several pple and then still dicey.
I know I could have done exceptional bows, 40% DI, then remove DI with stone of enervation, but they are expensive, and don't want to b low off 11-15 M for the goofy stone.
PLUS, this works nicely!! As it is. :)
Well now, with this bow solo, I can overcome all paras except: The flying angels paras, GD paras, SW paras. That is IF they are alone, anything else added and would overcome my Bushido healing. But you just got to be healing. Each time you heal you lose a turn from fight. Also if the fight goes on for too long, I run out of mana, and hit no more AI's then, lots of tricks to try then, LS etc, but best if to RUN, if redined, confidence heal up by leaching from non-para, and back at it.
If there is a 60 hit point bomb coming, I can see it, and quickly use evade. Does not always work, and there are at times 2-3 bombs coming in lol. I thought about putting healing on, but bandie healing is too slow for this.
The big paras looks like they need tamers bring tanks in to overcome.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, got told to go f myself by another player who has found 3 spots on my route. Sitting there at the turn in at Destard, I see him say "Up your's <my character name>. Damn bots." To which the "bot" replied, "You're a moron". It seems everyone who finds themselves competing with someone who is good or better at getting the eggs, they just assume it's a bot. Please God, end this dumbass event so we can go back to normal stupidity.
I was gonna post that someone is going to say you are using an EJ account. Too late the above poster did it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The most obvious egg scripting bot is when they recall in and an egg is just 3-4 tiles away... on the other side of a door in plain sight. They just recall out without getting it. :lol::lol::lol:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you page on them for doing bot things such as, recalling into the same spot every time, and using the EC script published on the official forum to turn in eggs with no clicking?

If you did and it was going on for 2 hours, they answered the GM, because they are attended.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
time and time again, i hear all this talk about being attended so im not cheating which is totally untrue. the scripts/illegal programs that are out there or are being made have the devs wondering what they can do about it. by the inaction on really stopping this, many have joined the darkside of playing uo to compete. its hard to blame players when the cheating is so ramped. any game i play i expect the game to be relatively fair and with minimal cheating. i assume most people want this too. alot of cheating before used one account, now it is on many multiple accounts. there is also endless cheating accounts now. a scripters dream. we all know they are allowed to do too much in the game that can be exploited or used for endless cheating. it matters not if they are caught and banned, they just open more accounts. there use to be 14day trial accounts, this really helped slow down the possible cheating/exploits that can occur because they had to open new trail accounts every 2 weeks. im actually happy when gm come by to check on me, i always say thanks for checking. time to go have fun and play uo lol.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The most obvious egg scripting bot is when they recall in and an egg is just 3-4 tiles away... on the other side of a door in plain sight. They just recall out without getting it. :lol::lol::lol:
i have seen people who do that, when they use CC.
sometimes they don't see the object handle for the egg
because it is underneath the other ones.

And sometimes the egg appears after I already used my book to recall to the next spot and I didn't have enought time to interrupt it.

but I do understand what you are saying...
there were 2 bots on Sonoma but after Keith posted
about it (and naming them) I believe they went to another shard.
I saw 2 chars doing the exact same thing on another shard
that was dressed exactly like them... recalling to the exact same locations. (I originally thought maybe they weren't bots, because one of them did accuse me of stealing their egg, but i was there first. but after witnessing them recalling to 4 different locations at the same building... no way they weren't)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was paged on by 3 people collecting eggs before the dungeon was live
All I use is cc no add-ons
that was before all the bot scripters
You can see who is running them
Rather they are afk who knows

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL @ people defending bots/bot actions. And you wonder why they get away with it. :rolleyes:

mihali

Sage
So the initial "ball" of bots with the 1000 drops for 2-3 days, caused devs to produce one change, then a second change with "dispersed balls" and then finally NO bots in Destard now.
Do you think for a second that this toxicity on egg collection /bots/no bots/calling on GMs on players etc, will not have an effect on eggs?
I think it will, and likely the devs will respond in a way to relegate player toxicity, complaints etc, etc. Two things may happen : Eggs may go poof all the way, their numbers may drop drastically, or the event may end ahead of time unexpectedly. Anything is possible, its their game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On LS for two hours one toon with the ding ding non stop but he's probably just a great player
Was it Peek a boo? I have talked to them before. But I think they are on multiple shards collecting eggs.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was it Peek a boo? I have talked to them before. But I think they are on multiple shards collecting eggs.
Yuko i recorded some video with my phone but can't post mp4 here how they kept it up for so long without moving confused me as they could only hold 125 items yet didn't move for hours

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yuko i recorded some video with my phone but can't post mp4 here how they kept it up for so long without moving confused me as they could only hold 125 items yet didn't move for hours
There was probably a glitch where they were unclicking the last egg and clicking it again. Over and over. Try it, it makes you ding.
Basically just click the last egg over and over.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you page on them for doing bot things such as, recalling into the same spot every time, and using the EC script published on the official forum to turn in eggs with no clicking?

If you did and it was going on for 2 hours, they answered the GM, because they are attended.
Can you link this script?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was probably a glitch where they were unclicking the last egg and clicking it again. Over and over. Try it, it makes you ding.
Basically just click the last egg over and over.
And some one sits there doing that for 2 hours for fun? You will go to any lengths to avoid admitting there is some cheating going on...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And some one sits there doing that for 2 hours for fun? You will go to any lengths to avoid admitting there is some cheating going on...
They are cheating by making the ding noise. Oh my, lets call the FBI. Maybe they are doing it to annoy you, it worked.

They can only hold enough eggs to get 12 turn ins. They can only hold 125 ingots. What exactly do you think they are doing and why did you not page on them?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They are cheating by making the ding noise. Oh my, lets call the FBI. Maybe they are doing it to annoy you, it worked.

They can only hold enough eggs to get 12 turn ins. They can only hold 125 ingots. What exactly do you think they are doing and why did you not page on them?
See i said I didn't know how or what just that it's odd i am open to all the possibilities you're the one with rose colored glasses who denies any chance of cheating during this event

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See i said I didn't know how or what just that it's odd i am open to all the possibilities you're the one with rose colored glasses who denies any chance of cheating during this event
You hear someone playing and instrument over and over and immediately jump to he is cheating?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Coming from the guy who still thinks exploiters should keep their houses after they were told multiple times by GMs that they were exploiting game mechanics. If GMs stop these players that are actually Bots, I'm for it.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Coming from the guy who still thinks exploiters should keep their houses after they were told multiple times by GMs that they were exploiting game mechanics. If GMs stop these players that are actually Bots, I'm for it.
Now wait no one collecting eggs is cheating according to you ..