• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Live 2008 Event this Weekend= The Mad Mage: March 28th - March 29th

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Until recently, IE had more security holes in it than swiss cheese and more viruses got through it than Firefox. Now firefox has a few that are getting through, but i still have had more get through IE than Firefox.

[/ QUOTE ]My problem with Firefox getting more attention is that as an open-source project, when the hackers and the virus writers get bored, it's all there for them to see, which leaves little guess-work at how to make something happen. (This is why when UO released source-code on a disc, it got mired down in cheats.)
<blockquote><hr>

Almost every network admin I know will say to use Firefox over IE because of the security issues with IE....heh...and every tech guy (including myself) will echo that.

[/ QUOTE ]It's not much different from a user standpoint. I don't mind Firefox, and test everything in it. However, and this is where I get pissed at both Mozilla AND Microsoft, neither browser is up to CSS standards yet. However, IE does a better job of consistent rendering. Firefox makes some very quirky choices when it applies certain things. Not that IE is perfect, but Firefox has given me more CSS headaches than IE, that's for sure.
<blockquote><hr>

IE -has- improved recently. Just give it time to have someone find the security holes.

[/ QUOTE ]That's the problem with being the big kid on the playground. Everyone will take a shot at ya. It's like Apple's claim that the Mac is more secure than Windows. It's not. EVERY software has holes in it. And when Mac gets hit by a virus, it gets hit hard. The thing is, most virus writers are looking for attention. Are you going to hit 10% of the market, or go for a bigger bang? No question why Microsoft stuff gets hit more. People are looking to bring it down more.

That's just how it goes.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

see u guys/gals on europa @21.00 then!!! till then!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

.... but not tonight ! It starts tomorrow @ 9 PM GMT ... at least on Europa.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

In these days of multiple browsers, it's good (and very basic) design practice to check your pages load in the most popular ones. It's not difficult. I'm a Firefox addict, but I keep IE on my system along with Opera simply to test web pages I write. Good web designers also remember that Linux users exist too.

[/ QUOTE ]Amen. I test on IE 6, IE 7, Firefox latest, Opera latest, and used to test on the latest Navigator.

I never tested for Linux though simply because I don't have a boot of it yet, and I don't test for Apples either -- not buying a Mac just for testing.