• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] !!! List of current Enhanced Client bugs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

• The key bindings of many hotbar macros are not displayed in the tooltips when you move your mouse over it.
Is there any way to accurately reproduce these? Or do they just happen randomly?​
In my setup, it seems that following key bindings are not displayed in the tooltips:
CTRL+ALT+key
NumPad keys
And some other keys.

Funny thing is, that I can assign ALT+F3 to a icon and it is displayed. If I assign ALT+F2 to the same icon, it isn't. However, if I assign ALT+F2 to a different icon, the hotkey is displayed in the tooltip. Very weird.

Maybe it is the same bug as some fields in a grid view backpack suddenly becoming unusable.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it is the same bug as some fields in a grid view backpack suddenly becoming unusable.
This bug is from items that don't really exist. Empty your pack and then look at the numbers of items displayed when mousing over the pack. There will still be items in there.

You will need to have a GM remove and replace your pack. I've had this done to three characters now, and the response time was fairly swift.

B

BlackMagus

We are getting ready to do another push on fixes for the Enhanced client. I'd like to try and gather some more information on some of the items noted here:
Great, I'll comment on my personal experience:

When a player casts Earthquake, the screen shakes for all players in the vicinity. The screen shaking is a little too strong, and there should be an option to toggle it off.

We have since turned this effect down. Is it still too much?
New level of effect is good.

Some objects have their own lighting effects, like camp fires, lava pits or the glowing runes. These lighting effects have an offset (the glow appears a few tiles away from the object).
In similar notes, objects like braziers and camp fires produce the lightning effect through house walls and floors. E.g. put a brazier on lvl 1 of house and you can see the lightning effect in lvl 2. Same thing if you put brazier behind the north wall outside of the house. Z-index and line of sight check seems bugged.

Gloves and sleeves become invisible. Restarting the client can solve this for a short amount of time.
Note that it never affects other type of equipment (at least for me). It is also unrelated to the location of the item. Moving an invisible sleeve from paperdoll slot to inventory for example does not fix the problem. Item is still invisible in inventory. Item info tooltip still works even if invisible.

House customization issues with the Enhanced Client. (E.g., staircase is not displayed in design mode although it is placed.)
Only issue I noted is that sometimes (seldom) the left key seems to get "stuck" and e.g. you keep placing the currently selected piece like wall everywhere the cursor moves. Pressing the left key again fixes this somehow.

The key bindings of many hotbar macros are not displayed in the tooltips when you move your mouse over it.

Is there any way to accurately reproduce these? Or do they just happen randomly?
I thought this was not a bug, rather a missing feature. Hotbar entries containing macros never display the key binding in the tooltip for me. All other entry types, like skills or items dragged to the hotbar, do.

Btw, who cares, the hotkey is visible in the hotbar item itself anyways, and very visible since the last improvement. Please rather improve existing hotkey display inside hotbar item to also display modifiers like Ctrl or Alt in some way. Many people map modified keys, and as it is now you have to guess or remember the mods. No need to put in the name (no place anyways), but have something that hints at the mod in use to help the "powerusers", e.g. a tiny modifier icon...

Sometimes, when you drag items too fast, you cannot pick up any item anymore ("You cannot pick that up") until you log off and back on.
This is easily reproduced. Disable legacy containers, arrange one container screen full of items, and then drag them somewhere in very quick succession. For me, after 2 or 3 items it always produces the bug.

When you open options or config dialogs from the hotbar (e.g. assign hotkey, target submenu), they are placed outside the game window when the hotbar is located next to the windows border.
Again rather a missing feature. It would be nice if hotbar popups like the target assignment menus would popup to the left instead of right if there is no screen space available in that direction. E.g. look at the way the windows start menu pops up if you put it on the different borders of the screen.

There is no snow weather effect in the SA Client.
Please let us disable rain and the other weather stuff too... rolleyes:

Last but not least:

Please implement the pathfinding/auto-walking mode option, so that we can disable auto-walking. I can easily live with invisible sleeves, which I never manually touch anyways, but dying because EC decides to not stop moving in the wrong moment really sucks everytime it happens... :gee:

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug is from items that don't really exist. Empty your pack and then look at the numbers of items displayed when mousing over the pack. There will still be items in there.

You will need to have a GM remove and replace your pack. I've had this done to three characters now, and the response time was fairly swift.
This one should be fixed in the coming publish. This is also handled on an item by item basis, so we'll be keeping an eye out once the publish is out.

Please implement the pathfinding/auto-walking mode option, so that we can disable auto-walking.
Toggles for these are currently being tested. Look for it in the coming patch.

Thanks for the information everyone has been providing so far!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please implement the pathfinding/auto-walking mode option, so that we can disable auto-walking.
Toggles for these are currently being tested. Look for it in the coming patch.
Hopefully, this will prevent my character to go into auto-walk mode randomly (without me even activating it by right-click-hold left-click). It is kindof funny when you have Gift of Life active, then die, and then suddenly can walk around as a ghost and get self-resurrected anywhere you like, just because you had a small lag spike when you died, which made your character go into auto-walk.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, we doubled the mouse buffer size as well, so inputs from the mouse don't get flushed out too quickly during a spike. It looks good from here, but it's a matter of how it works out for you guys.

There's another bug that will be fixed that puts you into auto-run if you let go of the right mouse button over an interface element such as the hotbar or your container.

Both of these will be included in the coming patch.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Toggles for these are currently being tested. Look for it in the coming patch
Can we get an autofollow option like Alt-Left Click in the CC? This is one of the features I miss most.

Also, could you please add the option to save the journal? A workaround exists, but this is something the client should be doing natively. Personally I would like each chat tab to be its own file in the Logs folder.

It is encouraging to see a Dev participating in this thread, thank you.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One issue that has not been addressed yet and I haven't seen anyone else acknowledge is that I have legacy chat off and default M=map & W=war mode for example.. but if I bind Alt-M for invis, it will invis me and open my map. If I have Ctrl W set for equip weapon, it will also toggle my war mode. Ctrl+W should not act as if I hit W and CTRL+W. This happens with all those Default MMO key bindings in the options menu.

I'd like to add that a runebook disappears on me as well lots of times (could be any runebook in my pack on any char). I have to close and re-open my pack to see it again.

D

Diggity

One issue that has not been addressed yet and I haven't seen anyone else acknowledge is that I have legacy chat off and default M=map & W=war mode for example.. but if I bind Alt-M for invis, it will invis me and open my map. If I have Ctrl W set for equip weapon, it will also toggle my war mode. Ctrl+W should not act as if I hit W and CTRL+W. This happens with all those Default MMO key bindings in the options menu.
This is something that has happened since KR days. It also used to happen when you assigned, say W, to a hotbar key binding and ctrl-W to another hot bar key binding. They fixed that part of it awhile back as far as I can tell.

The workaround for the usersettings bindings is to either not use the user settings keybindings to assign keys (most mine are empty now and I use hotkey/actions instead) or to make the user settings key bindings require ctrl/alt/shift combos. Use to drive me crazy when I have ctrl-g hotkeyed for greater heal and it would also trigger the default target next group member from the user settings that was bound to g.

Agreed it is a bug, but with the workaround, it's not something that bothers me anymore.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the EC being out of synch:

This is really a very important issue!

When I use the EC and run around with my character, the client displays my character at a slightly different location than where it really is. This is a big disadvantage in PvP, when you have to run around. I tried that with a friend, who uses the Classic Client. While I saw my character running directly beside him (wondering why I wouldn't hit him), he said I was 2 tiles behind him. You can't really PvP like that.

When I use the Classic Client, my character location is displayed correctly.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A bit more on it, in stationary combat, it's not just the character that is out of synch, but the creatures, or something is sending the occasional "move one tile" in the middle of combat. I know this second is somehow happening as well as I have watched it happen repeatedly at the ratman spawn in the Abyss. The corpses stay still and the monsters shuffle the tile over to get back at your character. This isn't an accidental move by the user, because my right hand is OFF the mouse and the left hand is on the Nostromo using Chiv/Bush macros (which shouldn't move the character). If it were simple out of synch, wouldn't the corpses and monsters move as well at the same time? This bug has literally moved me far enough to have a corpse be "This is out of reach" when it was killed by a melee attack (again I haven't manually moved either).

This movement seems to be an issue with combat, not with other activities such as crafting at your house or mining.

C

canary

Thanks for the quick and useful responses. Keep up the good information.

Also I want to make sure you guys know, this upcoming publish will have some fixes for the EC but the majority of this push will be reflected in the next publish.
SUPREEM!

PLEASE fix the 1:1 ratio of the client zoom upon log in.

In addition, I have sent MULTIPLE bug reports that, in the legacy mode for viewing backpack items, all the items are 'blurry' as a result of the ratio being off as well. Can you please look into fixing this??

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SUPREEM!

PLEASE fix the 1:1 ratio of the client zoom upon log in.

In addition, I have sent MULTIPLE bug reports that, in the legacy mode for viewing backpack items, all the items are 'blurry' as a result of the ratio being off as well. Can you please look into fixing this??
Yes please or better make a save function for a zoomlevel on each character! Please!

Ahh and the effects take a look over the arrow effects, mysticial spell effects and lightning effects, sometimes they are anchored wrong.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Crabs, we've seen reports of this elusive bug before. We've never actually been able to reproduce it in house. Which drives me crazy cause if I don't know how to cause the issue, I don't know where to begin to fix it. :(
Try to begin in Felucca use Fraps or a build in fps display. Login Felucca for example Minoc, run a few yards and then go over a black area on the screen. You will see the fps are going down, note that this only happening in felucca. I would say it has something todo with the difference between felucca and the other facets, maybe the mouse coursor, mabye the dark enviroment.

Also you have to know that every window of the interface fixes it as long it is visible with a small aplha value and it is handeling mouse events.

Here is a video of this effect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0NfJ0o1Bg

it happend a few minutes after moving from my house to minoc felucca.

We are getting ready to do another push on fixes for the Enhanced client. I'd like to try and gather some more information on some of the items noted here:

• Some spell sounds have 3 times the normal volume in PvM battles (Reveal Spell).
What other spells besides Reveal have this problem?​

• There is no snow weather effect in the SA Client.
Are these still occurring?​
Apart from reveal it is:
Conflag Potion

No there is only rain in the SA client, never seen any snow. By the way KR had much detailed weather effects,snow, rain, clouds and sun, why they are gone? I liked it, it also had a better animation it doesnt rain in houses and it wonderfull rained on the roofs and the floor, fantastic was that! Why is that gone?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
conflag = ear death bomb.
have you guys thought of reopening the SA beta forums? and keeping it strictly EC?

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked into this 1:1 zooming thing. There is no fixed value that can be applied for all resolutions used by the client. The next best thing is to save the zoom across play sessions so that it doesn't need to be re-tweaked every time after login. If it passes testing, it should be good for this coming patch.

Conflag sound effect fix will require a publish and will be in, in this coming one as well.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I looked into this 1:1 zooming thing. There is no fixed value that can be applied for all resolutions used by the client. The next best thing is to save the zoom across play sessions so that it doesn't need to be re-tweaked every time after login. If it passes testing, it should be good for this coming patch.

Conflag sound effect fix will require a publish and will be in, in this coming one as well.
That would be great ! while not game stopping its a pain to always have to adjust the zoom levels , mine is three clicks out of the mouse wheel from start!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be great ! while not game stopping its a pain to always have to adjust the zoom levels , mine is three clicks out of the mouse wheel from start!
Cant await it login without rezooming, cool!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, what a relief! This would remove an annoyance that hits me after every login.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Ask the Devs forums, These bugs have been 'noted' and will be 'looked' at!

# Several animated locked down items are flipping (candelabra, skull candle, brazier)

# Books written with the Enhanced Client are illegible in the Legacy Client (Enhanced Client does not make a line feed and allows more lines per page).

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I updated the bug list. Please post feedback on solved or missing issues.
It's a shame that the leather gloves and sleeves and also the chainmail leggings, didnt get fixed, anyway i hope this on the radar of the devs for the next patch.

I remember that they said that the most important bugfixes are brought in the next patch.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I updated the bug list. Please post feedback on solved or missing issues.
You should have crossed out the fixed things, not removed them entirely. For those of us who haven't taken the time to commit the entire original list to memory (by which I mean ALL HUMANS) we have no idea what was fixed. It looks like nothing has changed whatsoever.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bandages disappearing from pack.

this is almost how it always goes down.
We all know how crappy the object handles are right. So when I'm champ spawning I'm reaching for these handles lightning fast and ever now and again I'll drag my own bar and click it once and dismount (awesome feature?)
Anyhow almost always upon remount my bandages will be removed from my pack and the hot bar greys out. I have to re open my backpack for the game to realize i have bandages on me.

happens to me atleast 9000 times a day.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also its really annoying for me to have to switch clients to get medusa keys.
half the time i use the flute in the EC the target cursor goes off after clicking the snake once and says target cannot be seen.
The repeating cursor system also bugs out for me when toggling quest items

Side note, I still cannot run the EC on all 4 cores of my CPU. its 1 or laaaaaag.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't know if this has been posted but the last few lines of my journal aren't showing. I have to do perform some other action that results in a journal entry to see all of the previous entry.

Side note, I still cannot run the EC on all 4 cores of my CPU. its 1 or laaaaaag.
This is a problem with the 3D engine. Civ 4 which uses the same engine has exactly the same problem.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm running an Athlon Phenom Quad core and I don't seem to be having any problems with the client and lag

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also its really annoying for me to have to switch clients to get medusa keys.
half the time i use the flute in the EC the target cursor goes off after clicking the snake once and says target cannot be seen.
The repeating cursor system also bugs out for me when toggling quest items

Ohh why? I have a Q6600 and after this stabilisation patch i had no problems with crashes, but laag that was not happen to me on 4 cores.

Is the question, is this lag specific in a certain situation and also in trammel? For me Underworld is a laggy place, because of the much waterfall animations there, waterfall is my performance killer no 1.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I'm running an Athlon Phenom Quad core and I don't seem to be having any problems with the client and lag
Athlon II X2 240 here. As I said, I have problems with both Civ 4 and the EC. When I set process affinity to cpu1 they both run much better. It isn't just lag, they don't crash anywhere near as often either.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
say your fighting navery. when loot goes public i find about 100 things in the pack that cannot be moved because people moved them before me. Very unfair as there may be items in there i cannot reach cause the pack is bugged.
also a few days ago i saw someone kill a pack horse and loot it dry. upon opening the pack myself all loot remained in there. after dragging it it simply disappeared as it was not really there.

J

Jermosh

I still crash after I change anything in my Hotbar or Macros and do not relog, sometimes its a hour or so after or a few minutes. This is a old bug from KR. Its the only time I ever crash since I always have to redo what I changed before and then relog.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went from lich to fel 2ta. the process of recsu and recdu too about 2 minutes each. Can anyone else see if going from papua to glow is that bad? may have something to do with the fel blackspace bug.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Improvement addition:

- Gameplay Window size should be able to be set per character, not across the whole client.

Some people use differeing UI setups depending on characters and may want different gameplay windows. Personally, my miner uses a larger hotbar grid than some of my other characters so his gameplay window would be smaller to keep all the UI elements out of the window. My PvM character uses a smaller hotbar grid, so the window would be larger than the miner's (and so on).

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More information to the Leather Sleeves disappearing bug:

It happens when you open a Generic Gump, Gate Menu for example.

Item: Leather Sleeves
IconName: "00005061"

There is no LUA UI problem with it, after opening the gump the texture isnt valid maybe overwritten deleted however this new system works. I think there is a double name in the code for a few textures, please devs check this if you havent yet ;)

Found a way to fix it, i replace the textures with the orginal ones.

For the devs the list i have found with broken textures:

00005054 = Chainmail Leggins
00005061 = Leather Sleeves
00005062 = Leather Gloves
00005055 = Chainmail Tunic

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now i have discovered the bug completly, i have no access to the textures of the new GG System, but the upper and the down line of most generic gumps is using the same texture name as chainmail tunic and leather sleeves, that causes them to disappear. I have overwritten them with an UI Mod and now we can see where the client is using this textures in the GG System.

Attachments

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have another great one that is really starting to **** me off. I have heal on a hot bar with target set to self. When I'm in trouble I click on that like mad. Well for some reason it will just stop working.

It isn't because my spell is being interrupted, or because I've accidentally clicked the dragout arrow, I know when those things happen, it just stops working. It's gotten me killed a number of times, and it did again just now, and I'm working off being pissed off about that. :yell:

It has a tendency to happen when I need the heals the most, and the only thing I can do is run until it magically starts working again. It usually stops working for maybe ten to twenty seconds, just long enough to ensure that I'll die when I'm getting ganked...

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have another great one that is really starting to **** me off. I have heal on a hot bar with target set to self. When I'm in trouble I click on that like mad. Well for some reason it will just stop working.

It isn't because my spell is being interrupted, or because I've accidentally clicked the dragout arrow, I know when those things happen, it just stops working. It's gotten me killed a number of times, and it did again just now, and I'm working off being pissed off about that. :yell:

It has a tendency to happen when I need the heals the most, and the only thing I can do is run until it magically starts working again. It usually stops working for maybe ten to twenty seconds, just long enough to ensure that I'll die when I'm getting ganked...
your problem may be this, you only need to single click items in a hot bar. and any time you you click a hot bar macro its going to run the the entire thing. only single click it, and make sure that new awesome delay has passed before you click it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
your problem may be this, you only need to single click items in a hot bar. and any time you you click a hot bar macro its going to run the the entire thing. only single click it, and make sure that new awesome delay has passed before you click it.
It's not a macro, it's a spell icon dragged to a hotbar. Clicking like a freak is how I use it. It works pretty flawlessly until I really need it to, then it stops working. If you have a spell on a hotbar you can just click it and it will cast when it can and it won't be interrupted by you clicking the icon again.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's not a macro, it's a spell icon dragged to a hotbar. Clicking like a freak is how I use it. It works pretty flawlessly until I really need it to, then it stops working. If you have a spell on a hotbar you can just click it and it will cast when it can and it won't be interrupted by you clicking the icon again.
Just happened again. It was working just fine, then for some unknown reason, it stopped working, and I died as a result, again. I wasn't paralysed. I was disarmed but that has no affect on my cast speed. I looked at my journal and it wasn't a matter of being interrupted. It just stopped working.

I don't know what to do. It's ruining pvp for me to be perfectly honest. I don't mind dying when I screw up, but when it's a client problem that I can't seem to do anything about, it's pretty disheartening. I'm sure I've died at least half a dozen times due to this issue in the past two days alone.

I can't recreate it outside of pvp. It seems to only happen to me when I am pvp'ing.

edit: I've changed it from an icon to an actual macro. We'll see if that fixes it.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it might have something to do with items dissapearing from backpacks.
bandages dissapear from my pack almost every time i mount up. Maybe your spellbook is dissapearing.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
it might have something to do with items dissapearing from backpacks.
bandages dissapear from my pack almost every time i mount up. Maybe your spellbook is dissapearing.
No, I don't think that's it. It doesn't affect any spell macros I have hot keyed. It only seems to affect that one spell, heal, used in that specific way, from a hotbar target self. I'll post back if changing it to a macro fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.