• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] !!! List of current Enhanced Client bugs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, the hotbars of your party mates are quite useless, if you cant trust these, didnt refresh. I am used to almost never cure my guildmates becouse most times they are not poisoned, although their hotbars remain green.
It's another problem, not only pvp, also pvm specially in boss fights.
Yep but i would say it is in 2d too or? Is it not a overall problem?

F

Fink

Profile tab has no scroll facility. Currently you can't view all the text on long profile entries.

*edit* That is to say: your own profile doesn't scroll. You can scroll other people's profiles. I guess that means my price list is viewable by customers, at least.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My newly created garg for some reason has a messed up backpack. I keep it in grid view and whenever I drop stuff on myself and whenever I make food via spell, It puts the stuff all over the place. This is a pain.
On all my other characters, it always puts stuff on the first grid, then second then third, and so on. They have a nice way of placing things automatically, but my new garg is random placement. I even emptied my pack and went all naked and killed myself without looting body, and this did not change my pack's weird behavior.

R

Radix

I have a char with a non-use grid backpack, my 4th column 3th row space is empty, but always i try to put something there it goes to another grid, curious :p

Since last patch, i cannot use half of my runebooks runes, just clicking on it dont light the recall-gate-.. options, is like a book without runes... more often with termur runes, absolutly horrible!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Radix, if you have a grid box that is not working, you can fix it by emptying your pack and items (go naked) and kill yourself and DONT LOOT YOUR CORPSE. It will fix the busted grid box.

R

Radix

really? thank you!

P.D: how nice signatures you have, people xD
I should make another for me hehe

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another new graphical bug seems to have appeared yesterday: Sometimes, after recalling, half of the screen goes black, and I cannot enter that area with my character. Anybody else experiencing this?

J

JPDefault

I had that before too, mostly when recalling into dungeons or just entering them.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, yes, I've noticed the black area lately (less than half screen black.. mostly a quarter). But it draws it up quick and I don't get blocked.
I chalked it up to lag but you might be on to something.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's one I never noticed before. When I have the gold targeting circle around myself and I run fast across the screen, the circle doesn't move smoothly... it's choppy. Most notable on a gargoyle when it's flying. Very choppy and distracting and crappy looking. I could swear it's happening now and not before since it wasn't noticable before.
I have framerates set to 60 and I haven't changed anything.
Anyone else see this?

G

Gladius

OMG!! This is looking exactly like the KR thread of long ago. I just need to find out if any of the concerns above have been fixed? Can we be updated on the current situation?

-G-
(Just glad I didn't have to go through all these problems)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG!! This is looking exactly like the KR thread of long ago. I just need to find out if any of the concerns above have been fixed? Can we be updated on the current situation?

-G-
I regularly update the list. So far, maybe a handful issues have been resolved, and I have already removed them from the list.

M

mjolnir131

to many items' art colors ,tome of lost knowlage prime example(i know it's lost but really),are too dark to see well in containers and there is only one color so no putting blackrock in a white cotton container

solution make different colored containers backgrounds or make a slider to adjust the gray scale of backpack

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-G-
Yeah i rember it before the startics crash, a half year there was no communication and then they canceld the support and the thread was completly useless, like this is :lick:.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That thread was also copy/pasted into the Focus Group that they started up when they called for all KR modders but it didn't seem to matter.

F

Fink

Avatar shadow is still visible in stealth, contrary to the Classic client function.

If you're in the grey wolf form it's difficult to tell when you're stealthing, at least without constantly glancing at the stat bar and, given the many reveal bugs, it's often dangerous. This extra indicator, at the avatar, is very helpful when it works.

S

Sweeney

Not sure if this is new with the patch or not, but now the quest acceptance sound is a drawer opening (or closing?) sound.

Y

Yen Sid

Seems to me that the "black areas" have disappeared and the crashing has seemed to stop as well since the patch yesterday. I might have just been lucky though...

F

Fink

- Bard particles (musical notes) are not disappearing when the bard effect has stopped.

eg: bard something, run off-screen for 15 or more seconds to lose the effect, and when you come back the notes will still be there. I have verified this with the Classic Client and Enhanced Client side by side, plus I'm able to re-apply the bard effects (ie: they are not in effect).

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i cant open armoires. they close instantly when locked down in my house. and in my bank they close when the open animation reverts to closed.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: I give up.

It is time for me to say good-bye to this board.

So far, only about five of the hundred issues listed above have been solved during the past 7 months. I seriously doubt that EA is prioritizing the Enhanced Client. They put their efforts into halloween costumes, turkeys and new items. Now Cristmas is at the doorstep, and new events will come in 2010. They probably never will have enough time to create a modern game client.

Maybe somebody else has the idealism and nerve to continue updating a bug list that is probably being ignored by the game developers. I am also very disappointed that we never have received a clear official feedback or statement about these issues.

During the next days I will decide on how I will play UO in the future. It is hard for me to give up on the Enhanced Client, cause the Legacy Client really lacks of functionality and just looks disappointing with its 12-year-old graphics and its 800x600 resolution. I also hate having to use external tools like UOAssist or UO AutoMap. On the other hand, I am sick of suffering from the lag issues, rubberbanding, crashes and graphical bugs when using the Enhanced Client. Kindof like a catch-22.

I do not understand why EA isn't aware that with such a poor choice of clients they hardly will be able to attract any new players to UO.

Safe travels!
Hawkeye Pike

F

Fink

Fair winds, Hawkeye :(

I think it's just sad when it seems every week or so we lose another active, high-profile member of the EC user community due to the lack of input from EA. We have enough trouble getting new members to the EC "club" without losing our existing people. They are allowing yet another client to stagnate and die.

It's difficult enough appealing to the CC users to try something new, to get behind the EC, to show their support for the supposed future of the game. Now we have to waste our breath trying to appeal to the devs themselves? Aren't these the people meant to be driving the change? Instead it falls to us, once again, the EC players.

I am disgusted. :mad:

M

mr crabs

also has anyone noticed when pvping or doing a spwan after a wile when i move ur mouse off of the game play area to a hot bar it lags the game terrably and sometimes the screen goes black and at the top u get a not responding then the game window comes back, it seems to lag when moving the mouse from game window to hot bar area and back. also some times when draging a players bar it gets stuck in the mouse and u cant drop the bar it moves around with the mouse.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just realized that I have never posted in this thread. This thread has been bookmarked in my Firefox for a long time. I know it seems like we haven't made much progress on the new client as of late. But sometimes other things have to take priority over improving the Enhanced Client. Never fear, we are still committed to one day making this the client of choice for the majority of our users. We've actually found some time to work on it recently. Expect some improvements in the coming publishes.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also has anyone noticed when pvping or doing a spwan after a wile when i move ur mouse off of the game play area to a hot bar it lags the game terrably and sometimes the screen goes black and at the top u get a not responding then the game window comes back, it seems to lag when moving the mouse from game window to hot bar area and back. also some times when draging a players bar it gets stuck in the mouse and u cant drop the bar it moves around with the mouse.
Mr Crabs, we've seen reports of this elusive bug before. We've never actually been able to reproduce it in house. Which drives me crazy cause if I don't know how to cause the issue, I don't know where to begin to fix it. :(

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just realized that I have never posted in this thread. This thread has been bookmarked in my Firefox for a long time. I know it seems like we haven't made much progress on the new client as of late. But sometimes other things have to take priority over improving the Enhanced Client. Never fear, we are still committed to one day making this the client of choice for the majority of our users. We've actually found some time to work on it recently. Expect some improvements in the coming publishes.
Well welcome to the enhanced client forum! and thank you for posting that! There has been a lot of speculation as of late and now we can hopefully put it to rest!!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the #1 thing i notice spawning, are the mobs that remain behind with 0 hitpoints just standing there.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear from you Supreme. I look forward to the upcoming fixes.

I asked this in the new Dev forum, but I will ask here as well. Are there any plans to re-enable the ability for Modders to define custom fonts? I've been waiting for this to be added, so I can move forward with some modding ideas that require smaller fonts. If this isn't going to happen, can you explain why?

K

Kiwillian

Expect some improvements in the coming publishes.
Is there any reason why the bugs can't be fixed more frequently than publishes? Surely a lot of little things can be fixed and patches sent out without it requiring a "publish".

I'd rather see a lot of little, frequent patches for bug fixes than larger ones once every month or 3 or 6.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can we blame EA's AMAZING sense of ironic timing in terms of when something is released, when the team moves cross country, when they fire half the team, the Holidays, etc etc etc?

A

Ash

While it isn't technically a bug with the EC, one of the things I GREATLY GREATLY miss from KR that was broken in the move to EC is the mod to have Animal Lore gump on one screen so we don't have to arrow over to different pages. I know I have spent a lot of time trying to recreate this mod and haven't found a way due to changes to how EC handles the gump vs KR.

So, my point is we have greater use of the screen real estate, allow us to use that to make one animal lore gump where all data is presented on single screen.

R

Radix

I just realized that I have never posted in this thread. This thread has been bookmarked in my Firefox for a long time.
Glad to know somebody hear our cries!
Glad to read you (better late than never)!

I know it seems like we haven't made much progress on the new client as of late. But sometimes other things have to take priority over improving the Enhanced Client.
Expect some improvements in the coming publishes.
I think most EC users think like me, it's good to get improvements in new publishes, but on my experience most fixes destroy more than repair, we prefer not to get "so much" improvements but old bugs and issues get repaired, expecially the most gaming-experience damaging mentioned early in this post and others post of the EC forum, at least it's my personal preference, surely most of my mates think like me.
[/QUOTE]

Never fear, we are still committed to one day making this the client of choice for the majority of our users.
Really!? or you know something that none of us know, or you are really very very optimistic, may God hear you (and us), but as i am a little less optimistic i think the only way that most poeple from the stuck player base will upgrade to EC is when they have to do this by force, i think that if EA lauches a new client with a Graphical Engine like the Dragon Age most of these players would say "ooh, the graphics are worse... my uoa dont works... the map sucks... it's blurry... it's laggy...i need better machine..." bah, these people have no remedy, they are just too stuk ¬¬
Good luck.

anyway, welcome to our forum and thank you for participating :)

M

mr crabs

Mr Crabs, we've seen reports of this elusive bug before. We've never actually been able to reproduce it in house. Which drives me crazy cause if I don't know how to cause the issue, I don't know where to begin to fix it. :(
if there is anything i can do to help the team find this issue let me know.

F

Fink

Particles remain well after the use of a green thorn on sand (to create the 5th solen hole). They remain there even after several passes through the quest (half an hour or more).

*edit*

Also can't initiate the Solen Matriarch quest in EC. Dropping a seed on her does nothing (it is supposed to feed her), the seed bounces back to your pack.

*edit*

Thank you Supreem for the feedback.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you try to reproduce it, then do it in Fel - everybody I talked to had that kind of behavior exclusivly in Felucca.

I probably don't need to tell you that that is a rather big disadvantage in PvP...

M

mr crabs

When you try to reproduce it, then do it in Fel - everybody I talked to had that kind of behavior exclusivly in Felucca.

I probably don't need to tell you that that is a rather big disadvantage in PvP...
Ya iv not hade it do it in tramm ruleset at all even in the abyss with alot of things going on

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are getting ready to do another push on fixes for the Enhanced client. I'd like to try and gather some more information on some of the items noted here:

• Some spell sounds have 3 times the normal volume in PvM battles (Reveal Spell).
What other spells besides Reveal have this problem?​

• When a player casts Earthquake, the screen shakes for all players in the vicinity. The screen shaking is a little too strong, and there should be an option to toggle it off.
We have since turned this effect down. Is it still too much?​

• Some objects have their own lighting effects, like camp fires, lava pits or the glowing runes. These lighting effects have an offset (the glow appears a few tiles away from the object).

• Several spells (moongate, field spells) have overlapping 2D and 3D effects, which looks just wrong.
What other objects have this problem? Providing locations in the world will also help. We have to fix this individually for each type of object.​

• Character often is not where the character graphics appear, but one tile beside it. When casting a spell or going into war mode, the character jumps one tile, which even can be on locked down items in a house.

• Gloves and sleeves become invisible. Restarting the client can solve this for a short amount of time.

• House customization issues with the Enhanced Client. (E.g., staircase is not displayed in design mode although it is placed.)

• The key bindings of many hotbar macros are not displayed in the tooltips when you move your mouse over it.
Is there any way to accurately reproduce these? Or do they just happen randomly?​

• Sometimes, when you drag items too fast, you cannot pick up any item anymore ("You cannot pick that up") until you log off and back on.

• When you open options or config dialogs from the hotbar (e.g. assign hotkey, target submenu), they are placed outside the game window when the hotbar is located next to the windows border.

• There is no snow weather effect in the SA Client.
Are these still occurring?​

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
When you open options or config dialogs from the hotbar (e.g. assign hotkey, target submenu), they are placed outside the game window when the hotbar is located next to the windows border.
I can confirm this one and reproduce it!
put your hot bar on the right side of screen so the edge is touching right side of screen and drag a spell into last box!
then right click on box to try and set target and the target opyion box will be off screen

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
When a player casts Earthquake, the screen shakes for all players in the vicinity. The screen shaking is a little too strong, and there should be an option to toggle it off.

This is exceptable to me now just a slight shake ! not sure how others feel but it is not nearly like it was!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new earthquake effect is comfortable for me. Not sure how annoying it would be in pvp though.

Gloves and sleeves become invisible in my pack and on my paperdoll. But if I repair the item, it turns into a big flat glob sometimes.

By snow effect, are we talking about snowing from the sky? I can't tell if it's snowing... it looks like rain to me. Is snow supposed to be little dots (flakes) falling slowly?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's some quick feedback. I still have to check on the other topics.

• When a player casts Earthquake, the screen shakes for all players in the vicinity. The screen shaking is a little too strong, and there should be an option to toggle it off.
It is perfect now.

• Character often is not where the character graphics appear, but one tile beside it. When casting a spell or going into war mode, the character jumps one tile, which even can be on locked down items in a house.
I think this effect is much stronger when there's lag (due to many mobiles on the screen, especially during large battles) and when the connection is not perfect (like 130ms ping). It can best be reproduced when you move very fast in such situations (you should be mounted), then stop moving and maybe cast a spell. [Edit: It also happens a lot when you move around on foot, changing directions a lot, like it is usus in melee combat.]

• Gloves and sleeves become invisible. Restarting the client can solve this for a short amount of time.
It can be perfectly reproduced if you have a tailor. Just craft sleeves or gloves and at some point they will become invisible. If you move the tailoring kit from your backpack, this also triggers this effect. It always happens to me when crafting, and it sometimes happens to me on non-crafting characters (I think when I grab sleeves/gloves from a container and put them into my backpack). I don't think it has to do with dyes. [Edit: The crafter himself is wearing such armor pieces. I don't know if this is relevant for reproducing the error. Also, this happens only with leather gloves/sleeves.]

• Sometimes, when you drag items too fast, you cannot pick up any item anymore ("You cannot pick that up") until you log off and back on.
Still occuring.

• When you open options or config dialogs from the hotbar (e.g. assign hotkey, target submenu), they are placed outside the game window when the hotbar is located next to the windows border.
This has improved.

• There is no snow weather effect in the SA Client.
Snow still looks like rain.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
"Gloves and sleeves become invisible. Restarting the client can solve this for a short amount of time."

Like Hawkeye said this is still occurring! I would like to add this happens to my rune books also! last night was the last time it happened I will attempt to reproduce it later today when I have more time!

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

• Some objects have their own lighting effects, like camp fires, lava pits or the glowing runes. These lighting effects have an offset (the glow appears a few tiles away from the object).

• Several spells (moongate, field spells) have overlapping 2D and 3D effects, which looks just wrong.
What other objects have this problem? Providing locations in the world will also help. We have to fix this individually for each type of object.​
1. Hovering Wisp (horrible)
2. Conflagration Pot
3. Brazier (both small and tall one)
4. Fountain
5. Sparkle
6. Fire (all fire effects maybe)

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the quick and useful responses. Keep up the good information.

Also I want to make sure you guys know, this upcoming publish will have some fixes for the EC but the majority of this push will be reflected in the next publish.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks for the quick and useful responses. Keep up the good information.

Also I want to make sure you guys know, this upcoming publish will have some fixes for the EC but the majority of this push will be reflected in the next publish.
Thank you for the clarification! :thumbup1:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's an example:

It's the same with all glowing runes. Campfires, too (it currently is day in UO, so I can't test it).

Status
Not open for further replies.