• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] !!! List of current Enhanced Client bugs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a comprehensive list of client bugs I reported since April 2009, and that are still unsolved. Many of them are really annoying and compromise the Enhanced Client acceptance.

[Legend: added with last update; added with next to last update]

Bug list (updated 05/27/2010):

• Large numbers of particle effects or many field spells (or the nova spell of certain boss monsters like Crimson Dragon) cause memory leaks at the graphics adapter. This causes heavy lag (screen freezes for 30s-1 min), and after some time the client will crash.
  • Massive rubberbanding issues. Character bounces back and gets stuck in all kinds of places. For example: A flying Gargoyle trying to cross a bridge. It is difficult to aim for the bridge anyway (since the flying Gargoyle is lifted up from the ground), and if it misses the bridge, it bounces back and sometimes even gets stuck.
  • Rubberbanding lag, especially when running in populated areas. Character bounces back several tiles when casting a spell.
  • Character often is not where the character graphics appear, but one tile beside it. When casting a spell or going into war mode, the character jumps one tile, which even can be on locked down items in a house.
  • Area effect spell (Arch Cure) - Target Self does not work.
  • Tricornes and other hats twitch when character is sitting.
  • Books written with the Enhanced Client are illegible in the Legacy Client (Enhanced Client does not make a line feed and allows more lines per page).
  • With the Enhanced Client, the name of the author of a book cannot be changed.
  • Environment sound is too low and hardly audible. It also stops after a few seconds.
  • Dungeon sound theme does not play when logging in inside a dungeon. It also sometimes stops playing and does not continue unless you leave the dungeon, restart the client and enter the dungeon anew.
  • Object labels displayed when using Shift+Ctrl cannot be closed reliably, especially when there are many overlapping objects/corpses on the screen.
  • Items/object labels cannot be targeted or used in the vertical screen area where damage numbers are rising (i.e.numbers displayed above a player/creature when being damaged).
  • Some objects have their own lighting effects, like camp fires, lava pits or the glowing runes. These lighting effects have an offset (the glow appears a few tiles away from the object).
  • Gloves and sleeves become invisible. Restarting the client can solve this for a short amount of time.
  • Graphics of leather gloves/sleeves (barbed) are broken. During crafting process, they appear as blocks in the backpack. When the tailoring kit is gone, they become invisible.
  • When you log in inside a house with a roof, the roof will show and you have to move in order to make it vanish and see your character.
  • Target Enemy actions bring up health bars of summoned red creatures like Energy Vortexes (own and other people's).
  • Team healthbars do not update properly. (Showing persons poisoned when they aren't etc.)
  • Your own health bar always pops up when a party member joins or leaves. (recently added)
  • Players running across the screen appear naked. When this happens, also their health bar is blank. The workaround is to open the paperdoll of this player. (recently updated)
  • Sometimes, slots in the grid-view backpack become permanently unusable, although they're empty (not even an invisible object in them).
  • Items randomly disappear in the backpack. They usually reappear when the backpack is closed and opened again. (recently added)
  • The corpse content does not update properly. When a corpse goes public and other people take items out, you still see those items in the corpse but cannot loot them. When you try to grab and drag those items out, they suddenly vanish. (recently added)
  • If you drop an item into a backpack, it goes into a random slot in the grid view, and not to the first slot that is free. Sometimes you have to scroll way down to recover that item.
  • Sometimes, when you drag items too fast, you cannot pick up any item anymore ("You cannot pick that up") until you log off and back on.
  • The delay between using an item repeatedly is too long ("you have to wait to perform another action"), which makes especially looting a little annoying.
  • Sometimes, right-click looting stops to work (probably when you click too fast).
  • There is now snow weather effect in the SA Client.
  • In some parts of the screen, especially when many corpses are lying around, there is a partial horizontal graphical offset.
  • Sometimes, when casting a spell, a targeting cursor does not appear, although the hotbar icon is set to Target: Cursor. (recently added)
  • Stacked items appear with the item graphics of a single item. (recently added)
  • Board games don't work. (recently added)
  • In certain situations, the character rides sideways or backwards (it happened to me when I changed direction immediately after receiving damage). (recently added)
  • You can't make your character follow a MOB, like you can in the Classic Client. (recently added)
  • Sometimes tooltips get stuck on the game window and remain there. They only vanish if you click on an item in your backpack. This bug appeared with Publish 66. (recently added)
  • You cannot rename parrots in the Enhanced Client. (recently added)
  • Several animated locked down items are flipping (candelabra, skull candle, brazier etc.) (solved)
  • Pet bar is not legible after you clicked on it once. (solved)
  • Renaming a pet by clicking the pet bar cannot be done properly, when the name of the pet is long. (solved)

Gump and Menu Issues:

• It is impossible to correctly arrange items inside a container in legacy container mode.
  • Cartography issues: Map borders look weird.
  • Cartography issues: Navigator's World Map graphics is unusable (a blurry blob), other maps are way too small.
  • Links in the startup screen (my account, my uo, uoherald etc.) always open with the Internet Explorer, instead of the Windows default browser.
  • Items in legacy containers look blurry.
  • Font color of speak/emote cannot be modified.
  • Gift of Life issue: In certain situations when you die, you can walk as a ghost and still have the Gift of Life gump open. I.e. you can walk to a different location and self-resurrect there. This can happen when you cast spells while runnning or in auto-run and die at the same time. (recently added)
  • You cannot set waypoints in your map in certain landmasses (like Lost Lands Felucca). (recently added)
  • Cartography issues: Can't plot course on a sea chart or other map. (solved)
  • Crafting gump has a large padding on the right side, in which it reacts to click/drag. (solved)

Suggestions for improvement:

• It would be VERY handy if the map would support tracking of guild members.
  • Overhead fonts need to be customizable in type and size via the GUI.
  • The rising damage numbers are now way too big. They should be customizable in size via the GUI. (recently added)
  • There should be a slider to adjust the environment sound volume separately (it can hardly be heard).
  • Ship artwork looked better in the KR Client.
  • Plant artwork looked better in the KR Client.
  • Resolution is poor. When you zoom in, everything is pixelated (except the environment art).
  • The characters lack of detail. Some items can hardly be seen (for example, if the character holds a certain weapon like a kryss).
  • Paperdoll slots have a very unclear and dark background which makes it difficult to determine items.
  • You cannot toggle auto-show corpse names and double-click those to open the corpse (original UO Assist feature).
  • Client does not remember opened backpack and paperdoll.
  • Several spells (moongate, field spells) have overlapping 2D and 3D effects, which looks just wrong.
  • Nights are not really dark (lack of game atmosphere).
  • A macro for bringing up the health bars of all monsters on the screens is required (you can create a custom script for that, but the standard player will not be able to do that).
  • Circle of Transparency is pixelated instead of smooth.
  • Party chat cannot be initiated by typing "/". Instead you have to type "/party", which is much more complicated.
  • Where has the nifty friends list/friends chat feature from the KR Client gone?
  • Some monsters look wrong in size. For example, Drakes are tiny like toads, and the Ancient Wyrm is way too small, too.
  • Background color of grid view backpack is too dark. Certain items can hardly be seen. (recently added)
  • The map should support waypoints and indicators. (solved)
  • Containers (like backpack) should be resizable to show more slots. (solved)

T

tymbow

Is anyone from EA/Mythic reading these? Anyway some more annoyances:

- Object icons in backpack are too small plus on such a dark background it is almost impossible to see some of them. It's worse on the paperdoll with the god awful ugly shaded grey/white equipment slots
- Some of the buttons, text etc. run into the borders of the boxes they are in (e.g. tip of the day gump). Same applies to login screen if you have 7 character slots. It just looks sloppy
- What ever happened to being able to right-click your healthbar/avatar to pull up the menu for party, cancel protection etc. like we could in KR?
- Has the chat feature been dumped (I think it was called friends in KR)? I know you can still type "tell" etc. but it was nice to have the list that popped up when your friends came online etc.

B

BLAU

Nice Thread. :thumbsup:
It is very effective to share the information of the bug and the idea that people want to request.
I sent feedback the other day, about some of your lists.

Y

Yalp

Last object macros.. become buggered when the last object is a consummable resources.. ie pickaxes.. Once used up you have to delete and recreate the last object macro each time you use up an axe..

.. and yes I've reported it about a dozen times.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Ummm, these forums are not the official channel for bug reports. Use the in-game bug report option on the main menu.
The Enhanced Cleint Beta forums were created at the Dev's request....And yes people from The dev team are in fact reading it, not sure if they seen this one yet tho...So hawk should keep bumping it lol.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might have some further details:
  • *Sometimes when multiple corpses are on the screen, some corpses can be opened but cannot be looted.
    -Sometimes when a necro uses spirit speak and I can't rightclick loot and instead have to drag.
    -Sometimes I can't figure out why I can't loot like Hawkeye says.
  • *Character goes into auto-run mode randomly (for example, after traveling through a gate).
    -Never happened to me but I suspect it's related to the same issue that MANY have with this client going into auto-run all by itself (they didn't hit both mouse buttons). Hawkeye's problem might be a smaller related effect. This auto-run needs to be looked at deeply.
  • *Sometimes, containers and items appear invisible inside my house. They become visible when you move the mouse over them, and vanish again after moving the mouse away.
    -The devs put a patch to fix this but it did not get fixed. Seemed to work for only a few days before breaking again.
  • *Sometimes spell effects are displayed permanently, even if the spell has worn off already (like Poison).
    -This stopped happening to me. I thought it was fixed, but apparently not?
  • *Party chat cannot be initiated by typing "/". Instead you have to type "/party", which is much more complicated.
    -I use /p
  • *When switching from Full Screen mode to Windowed Mode, some hotbars will be off screen, out of reach.
    -Devs put a fix for this. Doesn't happen to me anymore (when I resize the windowed window, but my bars now get crunched inwards and I have to move them again to my black space when I maximize. A "hotbar" lock would be nice. I now avoid going too far to the right of the screen.
  • *Dragging containers/gumps on the screen causes lag (the items follow your mouse pointer with a delay).
    -This only happens to my lower end laptop. My main gaming laptop has no such delay lag.

Notes:
  • *Several spells (moongate, field spells) have overlapping 2D and 3D effects, which looks just wrong.
    -To me it's far easier to see these now, whereas on KR it was super hard to click on these. I don't mind it... best of both worlds?

My suggestion:
  • *Target Next Enemy brings up other's summons/EV's. Shouldn't happen in Trammel although it's been so for long time.
  • *Need a friends list like KR had (but one that works)
  • *Atlas & radar need to have UOmap features like town shop names but have them blank until you actually go there the map fills it. Great way to encourage people to go to places to have their map fill.
  • *Atlas & radar need to have more or the KR features. Like custom waypoint pics and indicators. Need to be able to change what colors you want for the in map dots, etc.
  • *Atlas & radar need be able to track your guild or friends. Don't allow reds/oranges to see each other though.

M

mr crabs

here is one that happned to me last night like 3 times a friend and my self were pvping and after i hade draged the enemys life bar on my screen it got stuck to my targeting curriser every where i moved curser the life bar went i hade to log out and back in and was fine.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is one that happned to me last night like 3 times a friend and my self were pvping and after i hade draged the enemys life bar on my screen it got stuck to my targeting curriser every where i moved curser the life bar went i hade to log out and back in and was fine.
CTR-R will reset your screen. No need to log out.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

- WHen moving items, if you quickly move the item or accidentally release the item onto a "bad" location, instead of returning to it's original location or sticking to the cursor, it will disappear and you will no longer be able to pick up or move anything; "You cannot pick that up" message shows. When this happens you MUST log out and back in. nThis has been a bug since KR and has become more prevalent since the release of SA.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dermott, I already got that in the list:
Sometimes, when you drag items too fast, you cannot pick up any item anymore ("You cannot pick that up") until you restart the client.

M

milk

pretty much everything you listed above has happened to me and I just thought it is how it is lol.

Here is another bug that happens randomly but on rare occassions. When clicking (right or left or both not sure how it is triggered) on a lifebar either a player, monster or pet, the bar will be stuck with your mouse and you cannot get rid of it except for logging out/in.

dont't think this is a bug more like an oversight?
hotbar resizing. By the look of things, it seems like the intention is to be able to make hotbar style by your choice, so it could be 2x2, 3x3, 2x4, 3x4 in square rectangular or bar shape. I say this is because when you resize hotbar you see you can drag the shape into those. This would be a much better choice since then we can fully utilize the black area. but now it is only in a bar option, cannot be resized into any other option.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Items in backpack are invisible in grid view. Sleeves disappear for example. Many times, items in a chest will show a big blur instead of the glove or sleeve.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gotcha I missed it, but you only have to log out and back in, not restart from scratch... also with a bit more detail on when it happens... I know the log out vs restart is small consolation though

R

Radix

Some chat filters like say or gesture are always unmarked when you login, why did not save your preferences? or i am doing wrong something?
The other, the more common, items invisible on backpack, or very difficult to see, surprisingly these usually are big things, ornate axes, valorite legs... with copper theme background in the backpack, i am leaving my eyes trying to figure what is what (apart from that this UI is very nice), maybe i am outdated?
The hardest to see, the red-brown items, and other like ornates.

If only items look like you see these when you are dragging, it would be perfect!

Other issue, no problem for me, is that the first hotbar (f1,f2...) can't save your keybindings if you drag more than 12 tiles long (past 12 key it dont save), can keybind but only to next login :p

regards

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deleting a 7th char will not work. It is not saying "char needs to be 7 days old...". So it just looks like it hangs.

F

Fink

We really need a way to turn the avatar without moving. It is infuriating to try and stand in a spot against a wall and face outwards without ricocheting off at 90 degrees, or turning & stepping too far out. If you're lightning quick, or you have sufficient lag, sometimes you can do it, but most times it is an exercise in futility and frustration.

I realise Ctrl-Mouse used to do this and had to be changed for interfering with hotkeys, but we need the functionality back in some way.

Y

Yacct

Container gumps not clipping their contents to the gump is bugging me. I seem to recall the same issue in KR as well, yet no one else seems to have raised this?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are a male gargoyle and you cast polymorph into a female, the clothing is to the side and not on you in the paperdoll. My horn is on my nose too. Male to male seems fine.

J

JPDefault

The crafting gump still has a padding, but only on the right side of the gump. So, it has only been partially fixed.
Also, treasure maps still have messed up borders, while (some) other maps look right. Another partial fix.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, none of the really serious issues, of which there are many, has been fixed. I decided to give EA until the end of the month before I switch back to the Legacy Client for good.

Switching back would require all my containers and backpacks to be reorganized (they have been optimized for grid view) and to overhaul all my macros, which is a pain in the back. That's why I do not switch clients too easily. When I leave a client for good, I definitely will not give it a second chance.

It now is the second time I will be doing this (I had tried KR for a couple of weeks, too), and I am really beginning to wonder why EA is publishing a new client just to let it die. This is like abandoning a crippled fox in the desert without any water or food.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey cool mates i have found a new expanstion area see! The volem creatures have destroyed Felucca aahh help, their big boss Supreem is catching me!

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The crafting gump still has a padding, but only on the right side of the gump. So, it has only been partially fixed.
Confirming, crafting gumps still have the invisible padding off to the right.

Re lucitus' screenie -- I used to have that problem constantly using KR, but I've never seen it in EC.

Adding to this: Several animated locked down items are flipping (candelabra, skull candle, brazier) -- this also occurs intermittently with lanterns, single candles, hearth of the home fire, and the fountain of life. Sometimes it seems to be missing its animation sprite (which causes the flicker), other times only half of it is missing (if a two-tile object) and still other times it's completely invisible unless you hover over it (possibly all animation sprites are missing to cause that?) I actually caught a container barrel doing it the other day - invisible unless hovered over. Only seen that once, though, and it threw me for a loop, since barrels presumably have no animations.

In reference to: Gloves and gorgets sometimes become invisible. Mostly, restarting the client solves this for a short amount of time -- I never have problems with these two, but rather with leather arms, the icon graphic seems permanently missing for most armor arms.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't see the game boards to play. Chess, checkers, etc don't work at all. Been like this since KR.

R

Radix

i have all these problems, lately the most are the flipping or invisible locked stuff, whole dead black squares like a void (should be for KR missing players like me, to recall), invisible equipment, it's a pain to find some thing in the backpack like leggings you have on you, after a dead, look for this!! need a equip macro for all,

and the very worst of all issues, sometimes, too often, i see all mobs and npc duplicated, i run into a spawn area and see 12 mobs suspiciously very similar, when really there are 6 mobs, its solves in little time but this is enough to get in a very dangerous situation, apart from being the most annoying issue i have ever seen!!
and more more!! i continue seeing my mates running on foot and in stripper mode, and i look nude also for them, great!! we have all the problems from KR but no good graphics neither good things! Great work from devs!
i rarely crashes but it looks like it's getting even worse, what the hell are doing the devs with all these patches, all days have patchs, and no problems solved. And most good features are from our modders, what the hell is doing EA... why dont spend some of the huge fortune they sure got from SA sales in some extra devs??

And even now i dont even think in switching to 2d, simply i cannot!! they want us to leave or what?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Radix, there is a macro to equip all. Then when you get rezzed, you hit your button and you instantly dress and arm yourself. It's my one of my favorite features.

I often see my mates running naked too. I have to double click them in order to see them dressed again, but this is a pain.
I also see multiple echos of mobs and players and then they clear up. This is bad.

R

Radix

i was used to have a equip macro for blessed items, since these dont autoequip on corpse-loot, but 2 weeks ago i made a bigger one to equip all stuff, that day i changed my valorite leggins for a fey ones and forgot to include, both are invisible even dying them :p
my macro is growing bigger and bigger, but
good thing the equip macro, ultra-fast and reliable ;)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would once in a while delete that Equip icon, then put a new one, it pops the box and I re populate it with my items.
I also hit another button to auto dress with my alt uniforms.

F

Fink

Here's a recurring problem, and I can reproduce it so maybe they'll look into it:

I'm walking, I go into llama form, all smooth and normal, still walking..
I hit hide, the screen forces an update of my position, and suddenly I'm several tiles from where I thought I was, and I'm thrown out of hiding rather than going into auto-stealth. I'm now visible and waiting out the full hide delay, and I'm in animal form so I can't throw on a quick invis without first going back on foot.

Usually happens when I want to get away from something (I walk, go llama, get some distance then hide, stealth away) and I'm out of smokebombs.

S

Sweeney

Here's a recurring problem, and I can reproduce it so maybe they'll look into it:

I hit hide, the screen forces an update of my position, and suddenly I'm several tiles from where I thought I was, and I'm thrown out of hiding rather than going into auto-stealth. I'm now visible and waiting out the full hide delay, and I'm in animal form so I can't throw on a quick invis without first going back on foot.

Usually happens when I want to get away from something (I walk, go llama, get some distance then hide, stealth away) and I'm out of smokebombs.
Ditto. For a temporary fix, wait a second before hiding.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This problem sucks.
The client has an over all horrible updating of the char's position.
try dropping a conflag on a huge group of mobs and running around.
It makes pvp pretty ruff when i think im next to someone but really in
Uzbekistan.

S

SDragor

I too have this problem. This is directly related to the problem that your character sometimes "jumps a tile" without a given reason. Somehow the display and the real coordinates of a character seem out of synch. This problem gets worth when you have lag or there are lots of mobs/items on the screen.

It even happens to me that I am fighting a couple of mobs with my mage, standing in one spot for a minute without moving, then suddenly, my character jumps one tile without me even touching the mouse. Very fishy...
I wonder if that could be abused to break into houses...?

S

Sweeney

Update to the "Dragging items too quickly" bug. I noticed that it happens when you drag and release an item, but start dragging another item before the client gives you the "sound" that the first drag/drag was released.

F

Fink

I wonder if that could be abused to break into houses...?
I don't think so.. I get the impression it's just a display bug, even though it seems to affect mechanics like going into stealth. Sometimes I'll do the wall-bounce when I've not hit anything; in actuality I have, it just doesn't look like it.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party member's Healthbar will stay permanently Green indicating poisoned or stay Yellow indicating mortal wound. Throws people off big time and really sucks in PvP.
I have to grab a new bar off the party member to get a new updated clean health bar again.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party member's Healthbar will stay permanently Green indicating poisoned or stay Yellow indicating mortal wound. Throws people off big time and really sucks in PvP.
I have to grab a new bar off the party member to get a new updated clean health bar again.
You can play PvP with the EC respect!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I PvP with the EC. Takes a while to get used to it. The worst thing of the EC in PvP is the rubberbanding (client being out of sync). Other things are pretty neat though, like the switch weapon macros.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant that the green and yellow staying on the hotbars is a detriment to PvP (and PvM). It stinks when I don't really know if the guy is mortal wounded for real or if it's the glitch.
This glitch needs to be fixed.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I PvP with the EC. Takes a while to get used to it. The worst thing of the EC in PvP is the rubberbanding (client being out of sync). Other things are pretty neat though, like the switch weapon macros.
I pvped 2 years with KR but with the EC PvP is nothing more than a lag bunny parade. More than 1/2 hour i cannot pvp with the EC because i get headache of the slowness.

R

Radix

yeah, the hotbars of your party mates are quite useless, if you cant trust these, didnt refresh. I am used to almost never cure my guildmates becouse most times they are not poisoned, although their hotbars remain green.
It's another problem, not only pvp, also pvm specially in boss fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.