Lets start doing a little Siege player justice!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
If you come across a tamer during the tokuno event and you can't find the owner of a pet page a Game Master. There has been a lot of afk ghost farming going on especially in the Fan Dancer Dojo. I have also found out that a lot of players are also over loading there packs with blessed items like bods so that the artifacts go strait into the bank also an exploit...

So a good way to spot all of this is spirit speak so you can see the ghost and target them after paging. Also make sure to add in the report for the GM to check if they have just been killed because that is what they will tell the GM.

Another way is to reveal and snoop there pack for a **** load of blessed items.

Now lets get on Siege Justice!

And here is an example of some that I just found....

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Bonifay, FL
BFD, you call it Katsup & I call it Kethup...
Ya lets get more people banned from a game thats already dead. woot
Good show... Woot. Ban everyone...

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Well Kage, I have Paged a GM on the item count. And he said he wasnt 100% sure that its cheating, but didnt think it was, and told me he would message me if it was. to this date I do not have an GM message in the corner of my pack. I had a long convo with him on it. This was originally implemented so that players did not miss drops while hunting if over loaded, or full pack. They wanted people to play, get normal loot, hides etc, ontop of getting the ToT, instead of just farming purely for ToTs. This was added to the game by devs, so using it should not be any more of an exploit than using a faction recall rune to recall to your base, on a shard that does not allow recall.

Now the ghost farming is an exploit.

*edit*

As far as AFK farming etc, be careful which pot you stir. As the most horrid offenders of this are the factioners with silver.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
*edit*

As far as AFK farming etc, be careful which pot you stir. As the most horrid offenders of this are the factioners with silver.
You can't farm silver as a ghost... silly non factioners :dunce:

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
You can't farm silver as a ghost... silly non factioners :dunce:
Oh and the only time you will ever see me farming as a ghost, is after I have been PKed, and im on my way to the healer/town/gate for a res, and my pet kills something the PKs have lured onto it. Which well, I cant help if that happens.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
Oh and the only time you will ever see me farming as a ghost, is after I have been PKed, and im on my way to the healer/town/gate for a res, and my pet kills something the PKs have lured onto it. Which well, I cant help if that happens.
I have killed you several times and you never have anything on your corpse... No bag of sending or anything lol... So I guess I need to start snooping you before I get the kill shot... My guess is a **** ton of blessed bods :)

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I do have blessed/newb items on me. Though there is the odd stack of aids etc. Its not bods. Most are deathrobes from getting repeatedly PKed by Bo, CJ, Ramond(cant recall, and too lazy to search SP! on UOhearld). Infact this morning after the repeated res kills by SP! I had over 160 items in my pack. Why dont all the death robes that I have collected drop when I reclaim my body (if I do). Instead just one does. This is not my fault, nor my game design. And the fact that you have killed me several times is fine with me. And the fact that I have no items is fine with me. Naked tamers in factions do it all the time. Didnt know there was a minimum amount of items you had to have on you in order to die. Feel free to post that number, and ill make sure I have it.

And the fact that you have killed me many times, and found nothing, clearly shows that I am not the offending exploiter using the Ghost farming.

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Don't worry about Caylips or what ever this guys name is. He is just angry I keep finding him all over the place and killing him. It is funny thou when i attack you.... you don't run. Your ghost takes forever to go res too.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Hey E! Did you get your keyboard fixed? I escaped you right after it went down. My faction thief is not a fighter. If I walk away with my stuff I consider it a win.

Just wondering...

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Hey I agree...lets get some Siege player justice

Some are farming...some are pk'ing..others are trying to find the pk'ers

I'm too lazy it seems to really farms these suckers but I have been logging in and checking out the farming locations and having some fun fights

I'm all for events that draw people to a smaller land mass :)

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
If I cant get them on tracking or detect them, I assume they're afk ghost farming, and I lure fan dancers, succubus, and collector of souls over to the dragon.

No need to report.
It's easier to lure the spawn off that they are farming. Then they have to res up go find all the spawn for it to respawn at that location :D

C

Calyip

Don't worry about Caylips or what ever this guys name is. He is just angry I keep finding him all over the place and killing him. It is funny thou when i attack you.... you don't run. Your ghost takes forever to go res too.
I actually play this game about...30 minutes a week. You're right though, I do fall asleep at certain opportune areas, oh well. At least I don't lie about my methods.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
Southern Ontario, Canada
You can't just automatically assume they are ghost farming... Whenever I farm in Makoto I'm usually there working my ROT for the day. If I get a drop, I'll usually leave my Kitsunes to keep killing stuff while I make a quick bank run to drop it off and then come back and continue working my ROT.

Also, I sometimes get delayed by a red chasing me back down to the bank when I'm on my way back to my Kitsunes :)

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 13, 2007
Siege Perilous
www.unnaturalnature.com
It's easier to lure the spawn off that they are farming. Then they have to res up go find all the spawn for it to respawn at that location :D

Good idea. The only problem I see with that idea is the fact that there is a lot of traffic in the dojo these days. Lure the spawn away from the dragon, and someone else will come along and kill the freshly lured spawn, causing it to spawn at the dragon again. The dragon should be dead.

Does it log them out after 5 minutes of complete inactivity? Dragon standing idle for 5 minutes and tamer dead, log out?

If so, then your tactic would work, just stand guard five minutes and make sure they log out.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
This is correct. What is the actual timer? 5 mins? Not sure. However if they are not running some form of macro, or script. Then you will time out due to inactivity.

I still dont see how you get credit for kills when your dead. Since just after your dead, your pet is no longer recieving commands. And will turn blue )provided your in a guild, you will see this). when its blue you stop getting credit for kills. So I dont get the whole dead farm thing. But I guess thats for them to know.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 13, 2007
Siege Perilous
www.unnaturalnature.com
This is correct. What is the actual timer? 5 mins? Not sure. However if they are not running some form of macro, or script. Then you will time out due to inactivity.

I still dont see how you get credit for kills when your dead. Since just after your dead, your pet is no longer recieving commands. And will turn blue )provided your in a guild, you will see this). when its blue you stop getting credit for kills. So I dont get the whole dead farm thing. But I guess thats for them to know.
I know the activity timer is tied to the journal somehow.
If your journal isnt updated with speech or you see: person, then it will count down and log out, whether you're running a macro or not.

Thats why I am able to stand in Luna bank dead, and work off murder counts, the hair stylists and body builders keep refreshing and my journal says you see: _________ or some real person comes and starts my timer over.

It doesnt work on animals and monsters, you see a cow isnt going to restart idle timer, which is why I cant run macros at my house afk.

The pet is bound to the activity timer too, if it is attacking or being attacked, your timer restarts. I have made some nice kills like that, miner logs out but pet is visible, I can attack the pet and reset their timer, allowing me 5 more minutes to reveal and kill them. :D

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Bonifay, FL
If I cant get them on tracking or detect them, I assume they're afk ghost farming, and I lure fan dancers, succubus, and collector of souls over to the dragon.

No need to report.

Here , here .... No need to report.
We have lost to many in recent time,
like Dobbomage. Now gone forever :(.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Could you not attack the pet and take that for a nice long walk?

T

TigerDyr

Elfstone I get what you are saying, but...

I think Kage is right and that we should report those that cheat... Exploiters is one of the reasons many have left to start with.
Saying that you shouldnt report and exploiter is kinda like saying that its okay to cheat. Which it is not. Do the exploit and get caught, do the crime do the time.

For ones Kage is right on, atleast witht he opening post :thumbsup:

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Here , here .... No need to report.
We have lost to many in recent time,
like Dobbomage. Now gone forever :(.
Wasn't Dobbomage the really really busy miner who worked Cove 24/7???

I agree we don't need to lose more players in UO....more so for Siege. But people also need to use common sense and stop the scripting for personal gain. Eventually it's going to **** people off and someone will get frustrated enough and page.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Don't do the crime if you, if you can't do the time...

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
All I see is 2 characters who got killed while farming. I know I have been hunted daily by Coyotee Jack, Night Stalker, Kage and many others and rezzed killed over and over so why run out and get rezzed. You wait about 15 minutes till they have moved on and then get rezzed and start again. All of this outrage over a few people farming for arties but I notice the Script looting that I have had happen to me more times then I can count while I was in factions, and the speed hacking and casting while running full speed just remains a non topic. hmmm To bad you can't get those pictures posted.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
All I see is 2 characters who got killed while farming. I know I have been hunted daily by Coyotee Jack, Night Stalker, Kage and many others and rezzed killed over and over so why run out and get rezzed. You wait about 15 minutes till they have moved on and then get rezzed and start again. All of this outrage over a few people farming for arties but I notice the Script looting that I have had happen to me more times then I can count while I was in factions, and the speed hacking and casting while running full speed just remains a non topic. hmmm To bad you can't get those pictures posted.
And this is when you will get a response like you do not understand game mechanics... I do not care if you are the best hacker in the world etc..

You can not cast while running... There is no way around the code yada yada if you attempt to cast while running you will stop until the cursor is up for the spell...

Now if people are chasing you down with magic arrow and you are running into stuff then ya it will appear to you that they are casting while running but truth is they do pause for a brief second and you are horrible at navigating through bramble and trees etc. chances are they probably will hit you with a few spells...

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Purple shoe factory
I don't know much about this farming stuff, but whats wrong with keeping my pack full of useless crap? I allways have a bunch of junk in my pack. I also like to sometimes keep my pots single rather than stacked. Why do I do this? Its kind of fun to watch someone sit there and pick through it all when they want to dry loot me. I was not aware that keeping my pack full of junk was against the rules.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
I don't know much about this farming stuff, but whats wrong with keeping my pack full of useless crap? I allways have a bunch of junk in my pack. I also like to sometimes keep my pots single rather than stacked. Why do I do this? Its kind of fun to watch someone sit there and pick through it all when they want to dry loot me. I was not aware that keeping my pack full of junk was against the rules.
Keeping your pack full is not against the rules. But if you are in fact keeping it @ 125 items so that Tokuno Artifacts go strait into your bank box well that my friend is exploiting.

S

shipwrek

PKers do not like to be inconvenienced when taking your stuff from you. It is bad enough they have to track you down in the wild, and kill you for it. Making valuables go to your bank box without leaving a Bag of Sending for them to steal is just plain selfish! It is bad enough they have to waste regs and durability on weapons to kill you for your things.

If you had any consideration at all, you would take your valuables and place them in a public accessible box on their doorstep after a minimum of two hours of farming (to ensure you don't fill it up too much!)

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 16, 2008
Bo Bo says that anyone using this exploit needs to go back to tram asap. This exploit is certianly not in the spirit of siege, loading up your pack so the items drop into your bank. please trammel isnt here, if you so wish it to be here please go and find a candyland server for you to play on. And try not to be too upset about Bo killing you, this is siege is it not. This is "the hard" shard, nothing but a bunch of queens left on here.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
Unless someone has an official statment from EA stating that it's an exploit then just shut your yap and quit whining.
Wow and you're our Siege reporter? It's clearly an exploit.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Gilfane, Siege Perilous
It has been asked of a GM if this was an exploit, who replied that they did not believe it to be and would check into it and get back to that person if it was. No further communication has been received.

So, unless YOU have something from EA that says it IS an exploit, then just quit whining about it. Because what WE have received so far is that it is NOT.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
It has been asked of a GM if this was an exploit, who replied that they did not believe it to be and would check into it and get back to that person if it was. No further communication has been received.

So, unless YOU have something from EA that says it IS an exploit, then just quit whining about it. Because what WE have received so far is that it is NOT.
Oh I'm sure YOU would love for me to drop it and quit bringing it up so that it does NOT get addressed... But I will not do that. I will keep bringing it up until I get an answer from a Dev member...

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=146977

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
first, thx moderators for letting them tell me how to do this exploit.

second, you pkers should always find me with things to take like bos, luck suits, regs, arcane, bandies. so happy hunting.

maybe next time Coyotee Jack! hehe you already found my secret spot and got me good that once (i would have used my bos but i thought i was safe enough). perhaps try paralye first.

Lorddog

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Gilfane, Siege Perilous
Oh I'm sure YOU would love for me to drop it and quit bringing it up so that it does NOT get addressed... But I will not do that. I will keep bringing it up until I get an answer from a Dev member...

It doesn't matter to ME at all. I'm not the one doing it. This has been part of the game mechanics though for years. Why has it taken the three of you all this long to start screaming about it?

M

MoonglowMerchant

I can't remember the last time a Dev member actually posted on Stratics. There are about 100 people worldwide who still read these forums and none of them work for EA. But hey, if it makes you feel better, keep posting.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
This thread is so F***ing stupid of course dead farming is an exploit and of course the 125 items in your pack is TOO but i hate to see poeple get banned for it.
It would just be easier if EA would just do what they did with the silver farming and put a stop to it and as much as i hate to see people get banned for it, and even though i wont report them, I hope they do get reported on.
LAME IS LAME put a stop to it

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Could someone not just page a gm and take a screenshot of the answer???

I would think its perhaps not in the spirit of the game to do this but probally completely legal. But that can be added to the multitude of "wrongs" that are commonly used in the game. Speed hacks, ghost cams, script mining, afk farming, farming while dead ect ect ect Some game purists will even consider uoassist, uoam or vent as a game enhancement.

S

shipwrek

I find the irony between the thread topic and content amusing. A cry of "justice" that murderers are being prevented from robbing the ones they kill.

Yeah I know, game mechanics, spirit of siege, blah blah blah.. I still find it amusing :)

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
I find the irony between the thread topic and content amusing. A cry of "justice" that murderers are being prevented from robbing the ones they kill.

Yeah I know, game mechanics, spirit of siege, blah blah blah.. I still find it amusing :)
lets find out if its legal if it is lets all just get back on our tamers and make the game real fun and farm dead all day long how lame would that be. The things we farm would be worth nothing because we all have ****loads. Yea thats good for the game it has nothing to do with the reds REDS CAN BE KILLED IF YOUR AT YOUR COMPUTER or simply alive hell the dead farmer have pets why could they defend themselves from reds. its just simply a cowards way of playing

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Some people don't own tamers :)
LOL most do or at least got it stoned and you missed my point i think its lame and very cowardly way of playing

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Bonifay, FL
Farming as a ghost? I would guess is an exploit.
Loading up your bag so it goes straight to bank box? It's debatable.

Edit: I don't think it is as long as you're doing it attended. But then again, if you're doing it attended I don't think you would need to do that, lol.

AS LONG AS YOUR DOING IT ATTENDED... Not a Exploit...

Doing it period as a ghost I could see it being used to protect one's items from the PK taking it from you after you have worked so hard for them "The tot's" ,
to in fact make the PK get off his ASS and do the work for him/her self. :p

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
Gilfane, Siege Perilous
From Draconi's mouth:

*nods* Flawed game design, but not an exploit.

The ToT system was specifically geared as a promotional PvE event.

The idea was "The players have put in a ton of time to get the object, and it resets their loot roll after they get it, so if we just delete it or drop it on the ground that's cruel."

They could, of course, have just made it so it doesn't reset your loot roll (so you'd have the same "chance" next time of getting it), but that doesn't *guarantee* you'd get the item next kill.

So, instead we have the guaranteed backpack or bank system, with the unintended consequences on Siege.

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Bonifay, FL
We have all seen much worse things happening here
on Siege with scripters and what have you.
So pancakes about this one little thing seems
like a whole lot of nothing, simply because it is nothing. :danceb:

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
AS LONG AS YOUR DOING IT ATTENDED... Not a Exploit...

Doing it period as a ghost I could see it being used to protect one's items from the PK taking it from you after you have worked so hard for them "The tot's" ,
to in fact make the PK get off his ASS and do the work for him/her self. :p
So if you want all that security of being safe from the reds PK'ing you why not join another shard. pk's are a part of this shard. dead farming is the LAZY way to protect whats yours. Get off yer ass and play it as it was ment to be played.
prtotect your items from the reds with your dragon or what ever pet you using to do it.playing dead is LAME AND MORE LAZY THEN THE REDS KILLING YOU FOR THE ARTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.