[Magery] Lets Compile some Summoning Data

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
H

HeavyMetal

*edit* found a little more info and revised some of my questions*

Good morning,

I am trying to find some more information about the creatures mages can summon. Ive read through the guides and many of the pages of posts here but cant find much info. Checked stratics and other compendium sites, not finding much. Found a little data here http://uo.stratics.com/content/professions/mage/spells.shtml#summon but as with many pages on stratics, I dont know how up to date that information is.

So the summonables in question:
Blade Spirits
Energy Vortexes
Air Elemental
Water Elemental
Earth Elemental
Fire Elemental
Daemon

My questions:
Do any skills effect these summonables, and if so to what degree? (Seems like magery effects their duration but thats it).

Do any stats effect these summonables, and if so to what degree? (SDI, int, etc)

Do beneficial spells work on summonables (heal, bless, etc)?

Do we know the stats on summonables at all (beyond what type they do)?

Cant think of any other questions but feel free to add them. Would love any information anybody has.

Thanks.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Do any skills effect these summonables, and if so to what degree?
No EI does not affect creatures, I dont think Magery does either for that matter.

Do any stats effect these summonables, and if so to what degree? (SDI, int, etc)
Nothing affects

Do beneficial spells work on summonables (heal, bless, etc)?
Yes I have healed Earth El's before, you will get an error message (if enabled) that you are performing a criminal activity though

Do we know the stats on summonables at all (beyond what type they do)? Dont think you can see the stats as they are not considered animals so a.lore wont work

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
I know for summoned creatures there is a listing under the UO Stratics monster guide. I can't say for sure though how the ones showed compare to the ones that a player character summons. As far as I can be sure though, they are about the same I would say....maybe a tad less if anything. Since, player controlled characters don't have as many HP as their counterparts, etc.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
The higher your magery, the better chance to summon. 8th circle spells need high magery so as to not fizzle as much. But it doesn't make your summon more powerful as far as my experience.
Bless does increase the summoned creature's str,dex,int. You can see it's hp go up. I don't think you can cast this on blade spirits or EV's though. The magic elementals constantly cast bless on themselves.
Gift of renewal (spellweaving) also works on them to heal them over time, but I don't think you can cast it on Blade Spirit or EV's.
The way I see it, the ones that you can command, you can cast anything on them. Ev's and Blades are not controlable, therefore, you can't cast directly on them.
Arcane empowerment (Spellweaving) increases their hitpoints by 10%, and makes them harder to dispel. This is cast on yourself, therefore works on all summons.

R

RichDC

You can lore all summons so long as you have 110 lore

I have heard that magery affects your (ev's and Bs's) wrestle as does sw for natures furys although not tested.

Arcane empowerment is meant to increase summons hit points but i have checked on my tamer with a level 5 focus and no change in hp or skills.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
You can lore all summons so long as you have 110 lore

I have heard that magery affects your (ev's and Bs's) wrestle as does sw for natures furys although not tested.

Arcane empowerment is meant to increase summons hit points but i have checked on my tamer with a level 5 focus and no change in hp or skills.
You lore'd a summon and the HP didn't change? Funny you say that, cause I never see the health bar budge when I cast Arcane Emp. like it does when I bless them. Perhaps we should submit this as a bug. This bugs me.
*bug report sent*

R

RichDC

I have tried it by casting the summon loring then arcane focus loring,

And casting arcane focus and loring (comparing to the previous summon).

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
I have tried it by casting the summon loring then arcane focus loring,

And casting arcane focus and loring (comparing to the previous summon).
Sorry I'm confused. So it does change them or it doesn't then? I think maybe didn't change but I could be wrong. I didn't know that it didn't change if that was what you meant.

T

Turdnugget

I believe magery does effect the summon as far as dispel-ability. A gm mage tends to have more difficulty dispelling a summon from a legendary mage.

R

RichDC

Casting the spell arcane empowerment has no visible effect on the summons hp/str/int or skills.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
All I know for sure is at 120 magery I never ever fizzle cast ev's...which is nice!

When I need a purple lama...I need one now!

I think there is a relation between the magery/eval of the caster and that of the mage attempting to dispel as well...but not sure how it works!