• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lesser Hiryu

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lesser Hiryu - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

They have 100% physical damage. 1 => 5 slot

They start with these abilities:

upload_2017-8-13_23-27-28.png

Grasping claw reduces the tagets physical resist by 15%. It does not last long but they do it often.

The example I chose is not a great specimen. You can find one that will yield 300 to 400 more points.
I chose it because it is Olive green. Also this finished product is a good representation of a Hiryu for points.

upload_2017-8-13_23-27-10.png
The training menu gives you these options:

upload_2017-8-13_23-28-32.png

You can choose from these area effect abilities:

upload_2017-8-13_23-29-39.png
You can choose from these Special moves:

upload_2017-8-13_23-31-33.png
You can only choose an Area Effect ability or a Special Move!

You can also choose a Magical Ability. Choose the Area or Special before the Magic.
Tokuno pets get real Ninjitsu or Bushido.

Magery costs 1501 points. the rest are 500 points.

If you choose Bushido, you get Wirlwind Attack for free.
If you choose Ninjitsu, you do not get Frenzied Whirlwind anymore.

upload_2017-8-13_23-36-15.png

The resists start like this:

upload_2017-8-13_23-45-41.png
You can have 4 resists at 80 and 1 at 45 if you desire.

To show a finished product, I chose to turn this into a Mysticism Goo Lesser Hiryu. Hopefully it will do well at spawns. It can already kill a Paragon Balron.

upload_2017-8-14_0-4-9.png

Last edited:

Zebediah

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it matter the pets stats before you start training? What specific attribute, resist, and/or combat rating should i be looking for when taming?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Lesser Hiryus you want to tame one with as high Str and HP as possible (these are most costly stats point wise). For pets that can spawn with lower slots than usual you might want to go the opposite route (low stats). This might get you a pet with low slots and an extra training round as a result.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it matter the pets stats before you start training? What specific attribute, resist, and/or combat rating should i be looking for when taming?
Yup they can have 300 to 400 points difference. But I go with the pretty colors.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup they can have 300 to 400 points difference. But I go with the pretty colors.
Too bad we are on different servers then. We could trade :). When room permits I stable rare colored pets until I can give them to someone. I go for the stats myself.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Lesser Hiryu - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

They have 100% physical damage. 1 => 5 slot

They start with these abilities:

The example I chose is not a great specimen. You can find one that will yield 300 to 400 more points.
I chose it because it is Olive green. Also this finished product is a good representation of a Hiryu for points.

The training menu gives you these options:

View attachment 70605

You can choose from these area effect abilities:

You can choose from these Special moves:

You can only choose an Area Effect ability or a Special Move!

You can also choose a Magical Ability. Choose the Area or Special before the Magic.
Tokuno pets get real Ninjitsu or Bushido.

Magery costs 1501 points. the rest are 500 points.

If you choose Bushido, you get Wirlwind Attack for free.
If you choose Ninjitsu, you get Frenzied Wirlwind for free.

The resists start like this:

You can have 4 resists at 80 and 1 at 45 if you desire.

To show a finished product, I chose to turn this into a Mysticism Goo Lesser Hiryu. Hopefully it will do well at spawns. It can already kill a Paragon Balron.

View attachment 70612
This is awesome information, and also educational --> It tells me that first of all you are saying the truth about Para Balron killing, and that is awesome. But it tells me something else that is vital :
This is an unskilled pet. I know you have put PS on it worth a fortune in UO money. But its awesome the way it is just now since most skills including Mys are barely 100 or GM, and Mysticism is still infinitesimal.
So what it tells me is that this is a great pet without the 120 PS. Most of us do not have 10000000 Plat fortune to spend 100 to 500 M on a single pet, that may get nerfed or goofed up by the "fixes", changes, etc since this upgrade is still on a liquid phase, goes back and forth between player testes on TC1 and devs.
Thank you for the post, i will try to make same type of pet, minus the PS, and it should still work nicely. If not, will just delete it, thought I hate to lose soooo much time "training" over and over again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is an unskilled pet. I know you have put PS on it worth a fortune in UO money. But its awesome the way it is just now since most skills including Mys are barely 100 or GM, and Mysticism is still infinitesimal.
I am on a project finding out which pets can kill a paragon Balron. I took a 5 slot Cu with skills that were in the 70s - 80s. I havent chosen its abilities yet. It is basically a template. I took it down and it was able to kill the paragon Balron. The balrons lowest resists are Cold and Energy. Perfect for a Cu.

Yes, you can have a nice pet without scrolls. But, if ya got em flaunt em.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is awesome info, especially since the devs DO NOT want to allow us to auto skill pets in TC1. That would have been enormously helpful. After all we can change our stats on players on test. With just a little more coding and not necessarily with PS we could change stats/skills on TC1 at will just to test pets, without having to blow away 500 M, to then keep a pet in stables a a show piece. Now any number of pets can train to be an awesome pet.
Now Dreadmares and Bane dragons are just relics we keep for sentimental reasons. They are just collectors items now regardless of how you train/skill them. Used to be worth 450 M and 500 M a short while ago, and they were mostly gathering dust in the stable. Now even they get a little perk, but they cannot outsine the newer pets, so they are just a little more than show pieces now, and their value is bound to plummet, if anyone still wants then as a functional pet.

By the way: I noticed you put close to 1k manna pool. The reason for the question is that L.Hirius have great intrinsic manna regen to begin with. Was this intentional or you just had a lot of left over points with no place to put them? Do you get low in manna with long battles with the Hiriu? You did not add AI of FrezWW (500 pts Ninja skill). Was it because you could not add AI due to adding Goo? (3 move limit?) Also with Goo does the L.Hiriu get ganked, but then it would spam Mys AOE spells and beat the poops out of the spawn? Also the grasp Claw and Goo would work nicely together? FrezWW would eat 500 skill points both AOE and also single target damage -- probably not woth the points over goo that costs much less right?
And lastly : Did you need to heal the pet tons with Para Balron or use Consume and heal? I bet you had to stay back a little and invis from time to time?

Pawain these are awesome posts, please keep them going. Thanks for the info.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the revamp first came out, you could put 400 mana on a pet and it wouldn't run out. But they changed mana usage.

I noticed you put close to 1k manna pool.
That Mystic lesser needs mana for the Goo and mysticism. Basically all pets will drop to 30 mana in a few minutes. Then they regen and cast. The best mana holder is a Chiv Lesser. I Did have extra points to add more mana on this pet.

Also with Goo does the L.Hiriu get ganked
When a pet casts an area spell, the pet tends to change targets and other targets agro on it. I specifically wanted a pet that would help in the first rounds of spawns.

Did you need to heal the pet tons with Para Balron or use Consume and heal? I bet you had to stay back a little and invis from time to time?
The P Balron has a massive attack at first. You have to heal more at the beginning. Its mana then drops and the attacks are toned down. Once you stabilize the pet after the initial attack, you can just use Consume damage.
When the P Balron is near death it goes into an invis heal mode. Either cast some spells and help the pet or make sure it doesnt change to target you.

We are here to help you. Hop over to LS and you can talk to Don or Me.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When the revamp first came out, you could put 400 mana on a pet and it wouldn't run out. But they changed mana usage.

That Mystic lesser needs mana for the Goo and mysticism. Basically all pets will drop to 30 mana in a few minutes. Then they regen and cast. The best mana holder is a Chiv Lesser. I Did have extra points to add more mana on this pet.

When a pet casts an area spell, the pet tends to change targets and other targets agro on it. I specifically wanted a pet that would help in the first rounds of spawns.

The P Balron has a massive attack at first. You have to heal more at the beginning. Its mana then drops and the attacks are toned down. Once you stabilize the pet after the initial attack, you can just use Consume damage.
When the P Balron is near death it goes into an invis heal mode. Either cast some spells and help the pet or make sure it doesnt change to target you.

Thank you for all the info. This is priceless. I am waiting to get my shard transfer shield, so I can move diff places. Training a tamer all over again also may be interesting exercise in patience.....

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for all the info. This is priceless. I am waiting to get my shard transfer shield, so I can move diff places. Training a tamer all over again also may be interesting exercise in patience.....
Pawain, I can not find the post you had about what sequence you use on a lesser. I want to add AI, bushido , and maybe goo. Want to use for spawns only. Could you make some suggestions?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pawain, I can not find the post you had about what sequence you use on a lesser. I want to add AI, bushido , and maybe goo. Want to use for spawns only. Could you make some suggestions?
Cant have Goo and AI on a lesser.

Bushido is great for a one on one Lesser. Id go with AI. Grasping claw hits do the major damage. ADD AI FIRST.

You get Whirlwind Attack with Bushido so that helps when they are surrounded.

Put as much mana as you can. They like to use their specials.

upload_2017-8-22_16-31-44.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

I tried an old legacy G. Hiriu that has all similar stats as yours including just GM skills and also the mysticism: Did great with balrons but with Para Balron it took about 20 minutes to kill, with lots of magery healing and heal poison, but was able to kill P.Balron (that had crappy loot also by the way lol), but it did kill the P. Bal though it was scary, and about 50 times harder than regular Balron, tat I did not need to do any healing at all. Killed dogs just fine also. I am impressed, this pet works fine. Interestingly the hiriu never ran out of manna and kept spamming mystic spells on and off. Build was Hiriu with AI and mys, grasp claw as usual.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The physical damage pets take a little longer. If their skills are not above 110 they will get it down to near death and it takes a long time because the Balron goes into invis healing mode. Have to help em out with some lightning spells.

Mine has 120 wrestling so it is able to end the fight faster.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can someone explain to me please if i should be looking for 1 slot fresh tame lesser ( i guess under 4.0 pet rating) or for 2-slot ( 4.0 + pet rating) ? just got one 4.1, its 2-slot with max health and str but not sure if its a keeper since 2 slot. Thank you

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone explain to me please if i should be looking for 1 slot fresh tame lesser ( i guess under 4.0 pet rating) or for 2-slot ( 4.0 + pet rating) ? just got one 4.1, its 2-slot with max health and str but not sure if its a keeper since 2 slot. Thank you
Show a pic of the first lore screen that has stats. Something is amiss if a 2 slot lesser has 700 str.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Greetings, thank you for the reply, I dont have of lore pic but it showed max stat (not 700) before tame, then it halved after tame. My question is, since it was rated 4.3 on pinco ui scale, it tamed as 2 slot pet. Should i be looking for pet with close to max stats on str and health but as 1 slotter? still new to this pet training stuff, didnt know the pets come with dif slot based on their stats rating.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings, thank you for the reply, I dont have of lore pic but it showed max stat (not 700) before tame, then it halved after tame. My question is, since it was rated 4.3 on pinco ui scale, it tamed as 2 slot pet. Should i be looking for pet with close to max stats on str and health but as 1 slotter? still new to this pet training stuff, didnt know the pets come with dif slot based on their stats rating.
Many pets have HP and Str cut in half.

Lessers are 1 slot when wild. Not sure how you found a wild 2 slot.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thats what i thought untill i tamed one and it is 2-slot lesser. Excuse being a newb, how do you take a screen shot? i will post it for proof

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just press print screen and load the screen into an editing program like paint. Just select the area you want and hit copy. Then paste here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That one is messed up. It is on the high end of stats but it would be a waste of your time to train it.

Go get a different one. All the ones I just looked at were one slot.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I hope you still have this lesser hiryu because unfortunately Pawain is wrong.

Lesser Hiryus can spawn as 2 slot pets when wild and remain 2 slot pets when tamed. However, once you hit the start pet training button it should revert to 1 slot and you can train the full range from 1-5 slots! These pets will be high end because you save a ton of points since hp and str are so high to begin with. I did this on a couple of those 2 slot lessers and unless something has changed within the last 2 weeks this should still work.

So before you dump this pet make sure you start the pet training button and check whether it reverts to 1 slot. If it doesn't then go ahead and get rid of it - all of mine did revert to 1 slot however.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope you still have this lesser hiryu because unfortunately Pawain is wrong.

Lesser Hiryus can spawn as 2 slot pets when wild and remain 2 slot pets when tamed. However, once you hit the start pet training button it should revert to 1 slot and you can train the full range from 1-5 slots! These pets will be high end because you save a ton of points since hp and str are so high to begin with. I did this on a couple of those 2 slot lessers and unless something has changed within the last 2 weeks this should still work.

So before you dump this pet make sure you start the pet training button and check whether it reverts to 1 slot. If it doesn't then go ahead and get rid of it - all of mine did revert to 1 slot however.
I don't use the EC. It looks like he already pushed the button. It says 0%

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I use the EC, he has already pushed the button. Also that lore screen generally shows what the pets slot level willl be once training has begun. So if the training hadnt begun, follower count would show 2, while that lore screen would show 1-5.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i did push the train button , still shows as a 2-slot pet, also show 2 slots taken out of 5 on the char screen, so not sure whats happening here

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Throw it in the stable and get a new one. I've gone through quite a few pets that skipped or had other issues.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry to bump but had some questions on skill training. I copied a lesser over to the TC to play around with builds. As mentioned in the OP, I added explosive goo first. Then I added bushido. Re-opened the training gump and then added discordance, leaving the lesser with Grasping claw, dismount, explosive goo, bushido and discordance.

Will this also work on a production shard?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. Bushido and Discord are Magical abilities. Can only have one.

This screen tells you what it actually has.

upload_2017-11-8_23-37-23.png

The other screen tells you what you have paid for. You can pay for as many magics as you want. But it can only have one.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should probably fix that :\ It's been a while, how do you report bugs?

Also - i thought the max skills/moves a pet could have is 3. How does yours have 5?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They should probably fix that :\ It's been a while, how do you report bugs?

Also - i thought the max skills/moves a pet could have is 3. How does yours have 5?
Preloaded with:

Grasping Claw
Dismount

You can then pick one additional ability:

Armor Ignore

You can then pick one magical ability, because that menu is always available:

Bushido

And Bushido gives you:

Whirlwind

for free.

Jesterr

Visitor
Ready to pull the trigger on my lesser, just can't decide between chiv or bushido.
Any pros vs cons to them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ready to pull the trigger on my lesser, just can't decide between chiv or bushido.
Any pros vs cons to them?
The chiv AI Hiryus and Cus are awesome. You need the chiv above 100 but they really kill stuff.

Advantages over Bushido. Healing, curing and spell removal. That makes a huge difference.
Also chiv Hiryus and cus dont deplete the mana pool like all the other magics do.

Bushido has better defense at high bushido.

Ill post some pics later.

Finegold

Journeyman
Here are my Lesser Training pics... level 1 through 5.

I added AI at level 1 >2 and Bushido at level 2 > 3). It says Bushido cost 0 on my Plan, but it did actually cost 500, so the other things in the pic came at level 3.

I'm kinda wishing I had have opted for 90% poison over 80% energy... cause I tend to fight a lot of undead and Eoden critters. But is done now. :)

Lesser1-2.JPG Lesser2-3.JPG Lesser3-4.JPG Lesser4-5.JPG

finished
Lesser_Finished.JPG

Jesterr

Visitor
Great info. I think for this first one I'll stick with bushido so as to avoid the EOO issue. I will make a chiv one next though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great info. I think for this first one I'll stick with bushido so as to avoid the EOO issue. I will make a chiv one next though.
I've never seen mine take excessive damage at any time. Spawns or Sorc dungeon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine:

upload_2017-11-18_17-20-1.png

I made it a long time ago. If i were building it now:

I would stop the mana at 500. It does not run it to <100 often.

Stop stamina regen at 5. Put HP regen to 20.

If I want something dead. I take this pet.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just leveled my Ice Blue lesser to level 3. First round I put on Explosive Goo. Second round I put on Ninjitsu, but it did not get Frenzied WW like OP said. Did I do something wrong, or does Frenzied not come free with Ninjitsu anymore?

I was building this pet to do champ spawns and was hoping for the FWW. Too late to go back and Bushido for the regular WW.

Ninjitsu no FWW.PNG

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My previous lesser build I added Goo and Bushido and it got WW automatically..

It still has 410 points for scrolls.

Bushido Lesser.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My previous lesser build I added Goo and Bushido and it got WW automatically..
If you choose Bushido you still get WW with it.

I did a few builds. There has defiantly been a change.

Don was on TC just now. He is always positive, he said maybe they added FWW into the Ninja skills so it just works but is not on lore screen. You can take yours out and see if it does FWW. ( I doubt it will because it is not a Ninja skill.)

Hopefully I can get the pictures with the correct words.

They took FWW away from Ninja ability in training. If you just add Ninja you get this:
With no more choices. You used to get FWW also.

upload_2018-6-20_23-26-28.png

If you add any special and then Ninja, you get this:

upload_2018-6-20_23-28-25.png

If you add FWW you get this: Cost 600 so you are paying for the magic you dont get.
No magic It is like Nerve Strike or bladeweave
You used to get Ninja in that screen also.

upload_2018-6-20_23-29-38.png

Now, you will have to choose FWW and then Ninja to get this:

upload_2018-6-20_23-50-13.png

When you choose an ability and then Bushido, you get:

upload_2018-6-20_23-51-31.png

So Bushido does get a free ability still.

You can still build this:

upload_2018-6-20_23-55-0.png

or:

upload_2018-6-21_0-0-6.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just leveled my Ice Blue lesser to level 3. First round I put on Explosive Goo. Second round I put on Ninjitsu, but it did not get Frenzied WW like OP said. Did I do something wrong, or does Frenzied not come free with Ninjitsu anymore?

I was building this pet to do champ spawns and was hoping for the FWW. Too late to go back and Bushido for the regular WW.

View attachment 83041
Since you do have 2 more rounds, you could add Chiv, Mystic, or Bushido to it. The ninja and the 500 points would be gone.

This why we still go to TC when building stuff to make sure the devs didn't toss in a change.

Sorry.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the follow up information. I am sure this will continue to help our fellow tamers when looking on different build types for our pets. I appreciate the work you did.

I am a returning player using the Endless Journey feature and TC is unavailable to me so all my experiments are live. I have been building pets with different magic/skill combos and this pet won't be a loss. I will have one with Nushido and one with Ninjitsu.

Now I can go out hunting for another color so I can try a Chiv / AOE combo.

Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that' true. EJ accounts can' go to tc.

Also try a mystic AI bird.

The sad part is that it was a blue lesser. But you can put 110 scrolls on it and it will still kill stuff.