[Discussion] Lava Fishing Poles

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
I guess it is time to get rid of some of my lava fishing poles. I would have liked a [PC/Selling] prefix to this thread but there is none:
- ppl around Luna want silly prices for actual lava fished up items
- new lava fishing hooks have 50 charges, while those older lava fishing poles were meant to have 75 charges (not fully confirmed, could have been changed)

I would like to sell about 10-15 of my fishing poles. (I have a total of 21.) But I have no clue about what ppl actually pay for them. Depending on the answers to this post, I'll decide until monday evening, if/how many fishing poles I am going to sell. If offers are becoming too good, I might sell them before, but I'll let you know here.
(Actually there were more active fishers than me and when I have 21 of those fishing poles, others should have way more than that.)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Outer Hebrides
Just a little thing to throw into your mix here; you do know that the last publish added content for lava fishing? That now you can get mysterious weapons, stone pavers, stone footwear and a variety of geodes/geode shards with your lava pole?

Just thought I'd let you know :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Outer Hebrides
and they become rare?

The actual poles will be, yes, as they're being replaced with lava proof hooks. There are three hooks with this latest publish

Lava proof hook

Junk proof hook

Dredging hook

So the lava proof poles won't spawn any more, there will be hooks instead.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
I have seen them sell for 100-500K lately.
I sold 10 myself today for 4,5m
You should be able to get a good price on them

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
Just thought I'd let you know :)
Hehe, yes, thanks. I am aware of that. Actually the new stuff is the reason, why I think, it might be possible to sell some without giving them away for free. (As I mentioned before ... 21 lava fishing poles are a lot of charges and i still need to work on my legendary fishing scroll. So probably many more hooks will come over time into my hands. I am not in a hurry but would like to free up some lockdowns.)

and they become rare?
They already have become rares in the meaning of it. But you have to remember that rare doesnt automatically means expensive. There should be plenty of those fishing poles around and its function got replaced by a new item. On normal production shards I would prefer a fine runic crafted fishing pole over a rare/no longer spawning lava fishing pole.

I have seen them sell for 100-500K lately.
I sold 10 myself today for 4,5m
Ah fine, thanks. So price is the same like they were offered most of the times around Luna. Only that you now are able to sell them. *g*