• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just sitting here hitting F5 waiting for a link to a live feed...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Titan statues, ridable dragon, and those are the ponds that Bonnie has been talking about for awhile now..house add-ons

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That other thing?? It's too small but looks like a crafting add-odd possibly? They said something about that somewhere

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
According to UOCraft... a Enhanced Writing Desk for Inscription...
Ah see that's what I thought...crafting thing...NICE! All us crafters need love!

New artisan festival rewards too....looks good..hope they make it easier this year to grow the tree though!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its strange, i somehow imagined that a online game that caters to thousands of people online around the world would have had a..... i dont know.... more of a online friendly presence during their 20th anniversary party?

if only we had the technology to be able to live stream something like this.....
ah well, its not like we are talking about a bunch of computer geeks or anything.

o_O

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
its strange, i somehow imagined that a online game that caters to thousands of people online around the world would have had a..... i dont know.... more of a online friendly presence during their 20th anniversary party?

if only we had the technology to be able to live stream something like this.....
ah well, its not like we are talking about a bunch of computer geeks or anything.

o_O
Can't argue with you there. I mean IF I were in charge of UO's PR I would have been doing my best over the last couple of days to at least get the rascals at Reddit/4Chan to at least help with the hastag #UoTurns20 some to get it trending... then had a nice production set up for a live stream of all the events today.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hell my 70 year old parents can figure out facetime and Skype, a person would think that a building full of people who MAKE a MMORG would be able to.

full disclosure - both my parents did work for IBM for 30+ years each, so there is that.
but they are old people and they can figure this stuff out!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit underwhelmed by the ponds. Boring squares. Ive done far far better by hand myself. I was expecting more and some natural looking pond shapes.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If theyre like other official forums that ive posted on then they will most likely be much more lenient than stratics. Official forums tend to support free speech and treat their members like adults.
Yeah cus I'm sure they'll let people call Bonnie fat and yell and scream and criticize the devs all the time and call them worthless and they should be fired..cus you know..free speech and all :/

Seriously.....there's a difference between free speech and down right rude behavior which I'm sure they will NOT allow.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh castle builder!

Any ETA on the forums??

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mesanna just said multiboxing will be illegal with Endless Journey...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
if it's coming with Pub 102, I'd say late 2018/early 2019. Not sure how long it'll be between publishes.
A YEAR STILL??

Come on it can't take that long???

Geesh...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh lord I thought they said that!

No I am expecting them to launch the new forums very very soon. They have been working on them for quite some time.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The slide. Could be sooner, could take 500 years. Who knows.
Ahh.. ok. I kinda took the slide to mean more along the lines of "let's talk about Pub 102 while we are working on 100,101".. but true, no telling how long it will be before the launch.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously.....there's a difference between free speech and down right rude behavior which I'm sure they will NOT allow.
Youre tainted by the sanitised schoolroom environment that is stratics. Whilst other forums do have limits, they are far far broader than here.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whilst other forums do have limits, they are far far broader than here.
Not really. I was threatened with being banned for saying the word "pissed" on the official Shroud of the Avatar forums. As in "wow people are going to get pissed about this."

Also many people were banned both in game and on the forums of the original UO official forums 15+ years ago for very minor things.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really. I was threatened with being banned for saying the word "pissed" on the official Shroud of the Avatar forums. As in "wow people are going to get pissed about this."

Also many people were banned both in game and on the forums of the original UO official forums 15+ years ago for very minor things.
Yeah, if people think these forums are super strict... I go to many sub reddits even where like even when being on topic but being seen as making a "low effort" post will get your stuff deleted, you banned. You can ramble on about just about anything on topic here.

I have never felt over moderated here. Frankly coming from some other wild west style boards in the past, I welcome it. Things are at least readable.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Times have changed. you cant get banned in game for blatant botting, scamming, multiboxing, hacking, duping, its unlikely they will be swinging the forum banhammer with any vigour.
Yeah, much easier to monitor/regulate a forum than a game. While it was a whole different group of people running the game at the time, the original UO.com boards were pretty strict as I recall.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if forum accounts are tied to game accounts? They havent got the bottle to ban people from the game.
Na, you won't get banned from the game for getting banned from the forum, though you do need one to post, I'd imagine.

I mean to monitor a forum, all you need to be able to do is read. A game, not so much.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, you won't get banned from the game for getting banned from the forum, though you do need one to post, I'd imagine.

I mean to monitor a forum, all you need to be able to do is read. A game, not so much.
Be interesting to see if they want to foster an atmosphere of open and frank discussion or whether it'll just be a propaganda platform for the game.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got banned for calling the char movement something out of the 80's, then after the keyboard warriors got thru derailing the thread it got locked and i got the ban......
They also blocked my from replying to comments on Facebook......talk about being protective about his new failed cash cow product.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.. I think it fits. I mean UO it's self is a little crooked, cracked and slightly twisted :p .. in fact, so are both clients LOL

but, just like crooked, cracked caked is still good, so is the UO universe :)
So much so that the only ones more cracked and twisted are those of us who play :)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Ask them if the "Endless Journey" accounts will come with all the existent Expansions and If those accounts will finally start with 1M+ gold

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Endless Journey = UO free to play.

A trial account that never ends.
I can't see THAT being abused at all. I wonder how many more restrictions it'll have compared to the current trial accounts - off the top of my head, the only (important) thing you can't do with it is go to Fel dungeons...well, there's also the Ter Mur lockout, but that's not a major issue.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be interesting to see if they want to foster an atmosphere of open and frank discussion or whether it'll just be a propaganda platform for the game.
Actually, I think Albion's forums is one of the best forums around and uo should really be ran like them. During their whole DDOS and server crash issues they got so much crap on their forums, but they never locked threads or banned people. They took the criticism and some of that criticism wouldn't even fly on stratics, actually a good portion of it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do think we seriously need more info on what these unrestricted trial accounts can have and not have??
Lord...can you imagine if they are allowed access to ingame chat? 24/7 goldseller spamm.....and "your mama" insults....
:facepalm:

Reactions: S_S

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do think we seriously need more info on what these unrestricted trial accounts can have and not have??
Lord...can you imagine if they are allowed access to ingame chat? 24/7 goldseller spamm.....and "your mama" insults....
:facepalm:
Never going to happen, Mesanna has been trying hard for years to get a clamp on that Specific Gold seller. She isn't going to undo all of that progress.