• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a question to better understand the scary people I play with :)

G

I'm all of 29 years old...whoohoo and my wife is 36 and yes older women rule! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif. I will be 30 this November *shudders*

G

Hey Cleo who did the artwork for your sig? It's awesome....is there spomewhere where we could see more?

O

Original danger

15 here now, 16 this summer. Started when I was 10 lol, been a long way...

C

Cleo of Sonoma

If you mean the Lady Mage, it is from a Neverwinter Nights website :p

G

34...I think...I can never remember...actually I just never think about it. Ack...June is coming.... There goes another year.

--Anev

H

hiai

oh, well I am a paltry *coff*ty-*hak* years old. Yep, time sure flies. Why, I remember when I was a mere babe of *chokety-snort* years. Ah, the wheel of time turns...*subtle nod to DragonReborn* In my day, you didn't have all of these new-fangled computers and their fancy 'broadband' connections. You had bloopety-bleep-bleep-bleep for twenty minutes as you dialed up, and you liked it! Yah, you loved it! All you kids and your MULTIPLAYER games. In the old days, we had single-player floppy disk games and we liked it...yah, we loved it! Why, I remember when Atari was more than just a rock band, it was the cutting edge of technology. You played Pong, and you liked it, yah! you loved it!..... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Grond

You had floppy disks?!? I had to write my own games, and save them to cassette tape... Gotta love those TRS-80 model I machines!

L

luthian dargoth

OMG.. did someone just say Trash 80's and cassette drives??
*flashback flashback*

S

sse_goku

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and tristan is a punk...

<hr></blockquote>

Hey I resent that....I think /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

Ill remember that next time I see you.......... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

D

DemanKnght

Remember what?? Bah go play Generals, heard Todd took you to the woodshed and then some. hehe

I

imported_Maelwyn

<blockquote><hr>

You had floppy disks?!? I had to write my own games, and save them to cassette tape... Gotta love those TRS-80 model I machines!

<hr></blockquote>

It's sad to me to think that I know exactly what your talking about.

It's funny to think that I was proud that our family was the first ones on the block to have Pong.

C

Calell

<blockquote><hr>

Why, I remember when Atari was more than just a rock band, it was the cutting edge of technology.

<hr></blockquote>

Hey, if you know Atari is a band, then you're pretty well versed in new alternapop for one claiming to be so aged and wizened. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrinking.gif

Calell of GTH, Sonoma

H

hiai

urrr-humm! I don't recall any claim to being either aged or wizened! Am I suddenly a raisin now? lol One must keep up on all the new-fangled bands, you know. After all, you never know when you might need to buy concert tickets for the grandkids or something... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Really, though, Calell, using the term 'Alternapop' is something that could easily lead people to believe that you are a little more 'mature' than you have led us to believe....you said you were 19 and holding, right? Or was that me.?..... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif They say the memory is the first to go *sigh*

S

steve2009

grond, you are still young. my first computer was an Atari 400 with 16k of memory. And I was 28 at the time. cost me 400 bucks for a 90k single sided floppy drive

G

Grond

<blockquote><hr>

my first computer was an Atari 400 with 16k of memory.

<hr></blockquote>
... which was released two years after my computer, the TRS-80 model I! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

When we first got our computer, the 4k was the most memory it could have; Tandy soon released an upgrade, the "TRS-80 model I level 2," which expanded the memory to 16k, which was a whopping lot of RAM back then.

The Atari computers were extremely newfangled things which were actually capable of displaying color.

Anyone remember having to write programs (in 8080 assembly or in BASIC) which wrote a series of integer values to the speaker's I/O port to produce sound effects?

*totters out on his walker*

S

steve2009

lol, I like that. I have a bald spot older than most of the kids in this game. And yes, I remember programming on my 400. My first program was a machine language sector copier so that I could make backups of my games(they used to all be copy protected)(and floppy drives were notoriously unreliable)

M

MidnightWhisper

erm um well i um....well.... noooo dont make me tell ....ack i cant do it ..
*shudders*
i dont wanna grow up im a toys r us kid ..!!
lets just say im to old and will be a year older this summer noooooooo

*must go to toys r us*

H

hiai

OMG! Just when I was starting to feel EXTREMELY old, Methuselah totters from his cave to pass on the Word of Computers Past. Suddenly, Spring is in the air and youth energizes my girlish feet. I can skip and bound about, knowing that my teenhood exposure to the movie 'Wargames' is not the most ancient depiction of computers to be seen in this forum. Just in time, too, as my birthday is in two weeks, and feeling old might put a lid on the party. Thank you for putting age into perspective for me... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

Calell

I'm 25, as stated in my previous post =) There's just a lot of bad music out there now hehe

G

An Corp

Anyone over 28 shouldnt be allowed to play UO. Thats just sad.

G

not quite as sad as someone who goes and looks up a 5 month old post and responds to it and only adds to the steroetype of "punk kids that ruin the game"

Not that I'm calling anyone under 28 punks mind you /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I'm just saying Wolf does your demographic no great service by trolling

G

Im not trolling, this is a message board i have a right to an opinion.....^_^

D

Dead Face Down

explain why someone over 28 who plays UO is sad?
give one valid point and I wont consider you a mindless twit...

(btw im 22)

I

Interficio

"im 19 yrs young?" YOUNG? doign you mean "im 19 yrs OLD"

I hate the english language...... everyone uses it WRONG!!!!!!!!!
"near-miss??" A NEAR MISS WOULDA HIT YOU FOOLS.... lets please pay attention to the language we've all agreed upon before I start kicking people in the dirt!!!!!!

Ok!! Now that my rant is over: i'm 21

F

Faun(LS-TRAM)

I'm 34, and I remember pong, Atari, playing such games as King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry on my Tandy computer...I'm glad my dad was such a kid (who justified buying this stuff "for the kids") lol, thanks, dad...now I'm a UO addict.

I'm prob a science nut from all the jumping beans, sea monkies, and cystal growing kits he'd bring home as well.

B

Bonsocko

Shhhhhhhh If we don't feed the trolls, maybe they will go away. LOL

K

Kali Grey

29 almost 30 (in dec) hubby is 31 and also plays (Gna Kho Na) and we have 3 kids.....my 10 yr old plays from time to time.

M

Magus_VDS

Kings quest??? wow.. I still got the whole series in my closet :p and leisure suit larry.. hehehe that was a fun game

I

imported_lindylou

This thread has been an interesting read. Now, do I fess up and say how old I am or not? I at least learned I'm not the oldest in UO as I thought I was. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

No, I am not gonna say. I don't want to be treated differently from anyone because of my age. UO is ageless and so am I!!

T

Towenaar

32 here.

and in regards to that 28 yr / sad to play UO comment.
As if the people who made Ultima Online / still involved with it behind the scenes are all or were under 28. *rolls eyes*

S

Sine Bhàin

&gt;I'm 34, and I remember pong, Atari, playing such games as
&gt;King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry on my Tandy computer...
&gt;I'm glad my dad was such a kid (who justified buying this
&gt;stuff "for the kids") lol, thanks, dad...now I'm a UO addict.

I'm 38, and a mother of two. I had Pong, an Atari and TRS-80 that I remember writing little basic programs on to roll D&amp;D characters. Now I have a four year-old whose first words in the morning are "Can I play with my websites?" and a two-year-old who begs to "Play Teddy" (a toddler educational game).

I miss King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry. I used to work at Sierra back in the day, and I was IN Larry 7! At least my voice was. :) THAT will be something to brag to my kids about. &lt;laugh&gt;

L

Lor'el

I'm 54 &amp; started back in beta &amp; still love the game &amp; a friend of mine that plays still is 53 &amp; her husband is 40. I meet a guy just before trammel open up was 72 years old &amp; still playing.For the life of me i can't remember his chara name.

To the person with the comment about 28 &amp; over. Umm so when you get to be 28 you quitting? How soon will that be? If you collect bods, can i have your Bod collection when you quit? HeHe

Lor'el ( Bod Addict)

G

<font color=green>*Todders in with cane**starts swinging at all the folkes playing this game**falls back into rocking chair exusated* Whew.. that is the most fun I have had in ages... Come back here you young whippersnapper... just wait till I catch my breath.. and can get up from this chair.....Does it count that my Mom said I never got past the age of 16 mentally?..... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/catsmiley.gif

G

34 going on 74.
with a perma dent in my left shoulder from my son always watching me play

I

Isolden

Lol Demanknight - you are a *great* dad to your kids
I've never met another Dad that volunteers so much

I am SSE Goku's mom, so that makes me ... umm... much older /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
I am 35 and Ning will be 35 in August.

We also have a 5 year old daughter who has a char on my acct lol
She loves it when I polymorph!

N

Ningauble of HOG

Yah, Im 34 and all of em geek years /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Played Dungeons And Dragons from 1980-1992 or so, Attended about 8 years or so of Gen Con, collected comic books, read all the best fantasy fiction, and all those other compulsory geek resume' items.

First computer was a big old swingin **** Apple IIe with 128k memory, 2 disc drives the size of cinderblocks, a 300 baud modem and a 16 color monitor! I played Ultima I, II, III, and IV on this baby.

I romped thru the consoles starting with Atari 2600, Nintendo, and all the way thru Sega CD with the 32x (then Sega screwed me 3 months after spending $400 bucks on their stuff by no longer supporting it) so I bought my second computer.

Actually I went into Best Buy to get Tournament Bass Fishing or somethin like that for Sega and they didnt have squat for games anymore so I whipped out the BB Credit Card and bought an Acer Pentium 75! 6 bazillion dollars on upgrades to make it a 150mmx and a romp thru the best of the RTS crop and Diablo, I started in UO.......and here I still am and will always be. (Helped that I got my wife hooked on it too /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif) The computer changed a couple more times, but the game remains the same.

Oh and someone remind SSEGoku that as of January 24th he is no longer 16, he is in fact SEVENTEEN! Sheesh, Im just his stepdad and I know his age better than he does /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

D

DemanKnght

Hehe, that damn Acer and your upgrading.. I remember getting you a copy of Diablo and watching you slowly creak through.. hehe then you bought that overdrive chip and was like, " I can move that fast??" Hehe yeah those were the days. Event he infamous works only once modem when we would call in to play Daiblo. If anything UO should be thankful for the delay of Diablo 2. If it had been you most likely wouldnt of played UO.. Strange little world we live in.

And yeah all of us made fun of that crappy little acer but that damn thing survived several girlfriends and several of us all vaing for game time on it.

N

Ningauble of HOG

Yah, its was the delay of Diablo 2 that promted me to say Try UO, Screw Blizzard. Hehe, I remember hearin my modem squeal and knowing it was either Deman or Joey dialing in to join me.

Y

Yngvar Halvard

ROFL someone must had been quite bored last night to spend the time to brower all the way back to October and bump this thread up...dang, I couldn't even remeber if I had previously posted to this thread. I guess I'll give it a lil' bump myself--not bored, just trying to aviod working and the Stratics Forums always seems to be the most entertaining option to utilize in my quest for work aviodance...Oh yeah, I'm 33.

G

I dunno it was at the top of my page, didn't notice the original posting date...and yah when you're sitting sigils it DOES tend to be boring /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Shawnsa

40 on March 28.

reasons I play UO.......
1. I meet some very interesting people. My dad was AF and I guess I just kinda like moving around and meeting new people.

2. With 5 kids I see UO as cost effective entertainment. I run 4 accounts, but it costs my family the money I spend monthly on UO to go see a movie, once. Dinner out with the family easily hits $100.

3. I have always liked RPing games. In elementary i didnt just go out and swing, I got into my rocket to the moon. The jungle gym was actually a haunted house whose basement was filling with blood.................. Hey I had my third grade classmates convinced I was a vampire (oh ya remembers that telling people I use to hang out in the cemetary in Tulare CA so often that I had all my "victims" headstones mapped out, creeps people out)

ok ok, I have an original D&amp;D redbook. I have first edition copies of AD&amp;D.In fact I met my husband cause my date for the evening stood me up, and when I found him he was in a barracks room playing AD&amp;D, my husband was the DM. The first computer I ever owned was a commodore vic20, (still runs and I still havent beaten Dracula. *hates text games*).
I still have my original Nintendo, fact is my oldest son and I bonded over Final Fantasy, and my second and I bonded over Battle Toads. Hey every now and again we haul the nintendo out for a weekend of Ghenghis Khan. I taught my boys AD&amp;D and bought them Magic cards as rewards for completed chores. In return they introduced me to UO.

oh and the final reason I play UO is that there hasnt been anything worth watching on TV since they cancelled Soap and Dr Who :p