• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy, where do you live (online)?

C

chitrani

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

YOU are the voice of Siege. You speak through me.

I can't be the "voice" of any single playstyle, server, guild, or faction and still do my job. I have to represent the community as it is. As it is, Siege is small but vocal, and their concerns are valid but impact fewer people than more general gameplay concerns - and more general gameplay concerns impact Siege, too.

Judging from the overall tone of the Siege-related discussions over the past year, I think we did a reasonable job - we got the Arms Lore special case in, we got the blessed combat items out, nailing the #1 reported Siege issue for '07. We also got a lot of more general changes in, particularly in PvP, which solved a large percentage of the reported PvP concerns - brought up some new ones, too, but in nothing like the volume that, say, Nerve Strike did.

I think we're doing ok, and I'd like to think we'll continue to do ok. Once we get back into our publish rhythm, we'll just have to see if y'all agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

bing!

Save UO - Save the cheerleaders<font color=red> ... </font color=red>(AesSedai 10/31/07)

[/ QUOTE ]

DING !! What she said !

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be very honest...be grateful she plays at all. She should have the choice to play the game the way she wants to as any of us do. Her playing Siege or even PvPing really have nothing to do with her job. As others have said......post your examples and let her communicate them to the devs, thats what her job is, let her do it. But let the poor woman play the way she wants.

PS to the OP i think her having a lil office on Test would be fantastic...we could put it in the same building as the hot tub even.

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

No love for my hot tub? Fine! No Soup for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

<blockquote><hr>

Are you saying that Siege is such an awful place to play that not ONE of the people who work with Jeremy plays there ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly.

If I told you there was a shard but you couldn't start a character there or transfer a character there, what do you think that shards population would be?

That is Siege.

You have to REALLY want to be on Siege to get here.

I think it is pretty evident, and has been for years, that the direction of this game is PvM, i.e. Trammel.

Things have become safer. Things have become easier. Things have become boring.

It is my opinion that the Siege ruleset is the best ruleset that EA has. The problem is that no one can start here and no one can transfer here so for the most part, no one knows how fun it is to play the WHOLE game and not just half of it.

If there is anyone on the development staff who plays Siege I would like to know that.

Let me ask you this. If Jeremy only played Siege, and never played on regular shards, do you think that might influence her opinion of the game?

I know she will say her opinion doesn't matter, but EVERYONES opinion at EA matters to some degree. When none of them play Siege that matters.

I

<blockquote><hr>

To be very honest...be grateful she plays at all. She should have the choice to play the game the way she wants to as any of us do. Her playing Siege or even PvPing really have nothing to do with her job. As others have said......post your examples and let her communicate them to the devs, thats what her job is, let her do it. But let the poor woman play the way she wants

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of us don't work for EA. If I worked for EA I would make sure to participate to some degree in the game activities enjoyed by all players. I would consider that part of my job.

I suppose for me at the core the issue is improvement. I'm not talking about improving the bottom line by selling soulstones in the EA store. I'm talking about everyone at EA doing their jobs better so that the game is better. I'm not saying they are doing poorly now, you can assess that for yourself. I made a suggestion for improvement.

Having someone, anyone at EA actually play Siege would be a start.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an absolutely marvelous natural Hot Springs Spa on the 3rd floor of the Baja Community Center in the NorthWest Corner of Luna. All Dev's, GM's, EA Suits, and players are welcomed there.

Jus look for the HIYA on the Roof.

Elladan of Baja

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

We agree on this too. Because Siege is small we have often been overlooked. Most of us don't post here often and when we do...well you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone did a poll on stratics to see which shards were most represented on stratics. Siege was the #1 most represented shard here. I knew they were too. When I started there I ran into TONS of people who were stratics people.

I agree with Jeremy. Siege is a very small, but very vocal minority. I don't think they should be overlooked, but I also don't think they have been. I think the devs did an excellent job last year in making in game changes relevant on siege and fixing a couple issues that were causing problems on siege.

Don't get me wrong... Siege is a great shard and I love it, but the devs would be grossly irresponsible if they made siege a sole focus as you seem to think is needed. Their time is much better spent fixing content that impacts more of the playerbase while making the fixes relevant on siege (see arms lore change). Just like the devs would be grossly irresponsible if they solely focused on PVP, PVM, Housing, Crafting, etc. This is a diverse game and ALL aspects of the game require some of the focus. It's also a very old game with a lot of problems that have been around for a very long time. You can't turn a cruise liner around instantly... The cruise liner that is UO is turning around, though.

I

I'm not asking anyone to focus solely on Siege.

My request is that Jeremy or some one on who works at EA actually play Siege.

If they play UO, they almost certainly do it on production shards. Jeremy has admitted as much.

I don't expect them to stop playing on LS, or Atlantic or whatever. But, all those shards are the same. You play one, you've played them all.

Siege is different. Different ruleset, different strengths, different problems.

Yes, they can read about it on the Siege board. But is it too much to ask for some of them to actually experience it for themselves the same way they do on a production shard?