• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy can we get a Murder system update?

G

It is very outdated. I say once you step into a Fel gate your char turns red. Put in a PvP toggle Kinda like WoW has. So the hard core pvper can switch to PvP (turns your char red) and fight anywhere outside Fel. It would have to be put on a timer like factions but not as long to quit to prevent abuse.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok first off let me say that if you dont pvp or have a red please dont reply as this doesnt pertain to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Hell it doesn't.

Even if I never set foot in Felucca, the red/blue system plays a major role in determining access to, and the price of, power scrolls.

<blockquote><hr>

Ok what id like to address is the 40 hours per murder count problem.This wait time is increadiably long and makes it near impossiable to burn off counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go red.

Don't kill 5 blues in 40 hours.

Not that hard.

You already don't have stat loss. You already have the ability to basically control access to some of the most important items in the game. You can even go to towns in Felucca these days.

If you don't want the disadvantages of going red, don't go red.

In your case, not only did you go red but then you made 3 more blue kills than you had to after you did.

As far as I'm concerned, that's perma-red, and it was 100% your choice.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok first off let me say that if you dont pvp or have a red please dont reply as this doesnt pertain to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Hell it doesn't.

Even if I never set foot in Felucca, the red/blue system plays a major role in determining access to, and the price of, power scrolls.

<blockquote><hr>

Ok what id like to address is the 40 hours per murder count problem.This wait time is increadiably long and makes it near impossiable to burn off counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go red.

Don't kill 5 blues in 40 hours.

Not that hard.

You already don't have stat loss. You already have the ability to basically control access to some of the most important items in the game. You can even go to towns in Felucca these days.

If you don't want the disadvantages of going red, don't go red.

In your case, not only did you go red but then you made 3 more blue kills than you had to after you did.

As far as I'm concerned, that's perma-red, and it was 100% your choice.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying i should bust my ass to worka spawn get the champ up.Then when the raiders come rolling in just so hey guys come on in ill leave?I dont think so not only did i defend my spawn but in doing so got a nice little penalty for doing it.Im now red what a great way to get more people to try fel and spawns let them do a spawn then if they acctually dont run in terror when raiders show up we can all ways turn them red! What a joke the count system along with the count timers and red VS Blue BS is long out dated.

G

And ona side note all the nay sayers seem to be one of two people types.

1. those who have all the scrolls and money and dont want others to have them or

2 the ones stuck buying them

Whats wrong guys you afraid if they lower or take away the penalty you may not be able to camp despise all day?

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So your saying i should bust my ass to worka spawn get the champ up.Then when the raiders come rolling in just so hey guys come on in ill leave?I dont think so not only did i defend my spawn but in doing so got a nice little penalty for doing it.Im now red what a great way to get more people to try fel and spawns let them do a spawn then if they acctually dont run in terror when raiders show up we can all ways turn them red! What a joke the count system along with the count timers and red VS Blue BS is long out dated.

[/ QUOTE ]

/whine

You should have a red defending your spawn vs blue invaders anyway. If there is red invaders, there is no problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

/whine

You should have a red defending your spawn vs blue invaders anyway. If there is red invaders, there is no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry im not on the phychic friends hot line to know what they will raid with!With only four of us doing the spawn we needed the blues was trying to run protection to maximize the scrolls.And as for me being a whiner i dont care id whine all day if i thought it would get the joke of a pvp system we have fixed.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Sorry im not on the phychic friends hot line to know what they will raid with!With only four of us doing the spawn we needed the blues was trying to run protection to maximize the scrolls.And as for me being a whiner i dont care id whine all day if i thought it would get the joke of a pvp system we have fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke of a system because you don't properly prepare for a champ spawn?

If there is only 4 of you, 1 red, 1 blue for protection, 1 to kill champion, 1 for either killing champion or playing cross healer for the red.

G

What fairy tell land shard you play on 1 to defend haha come try that on pac ill sit and watch FL FOO CD ESF 420 And Bury run you in the ground in 2 seconds flat.Give me a break the pvp count system has been out dated for along time i still fail to see a valid point in your post.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

What fairy tell land shard you play on 1 to defend haha come try that on pac ill sit and watch FL FOO CD ESF 420 And Bury run you in the ground in 2 seconds flat.Give me a break the pvp count system has been out dated for along time i still fail to see a valid point in your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you don't have a point, other than whine.

If people flooding your champ spawn is a problem, then 4 of you on red's isn't going to be enough either, regardless of whatever flagging system you want.

Also, how is your suggested flagging system going to help at all?

Sorry you can't get handouts from champ spawns.

G

The pvp system is been long over due for a overhaul lowering the timers and doing away with other penaltys may just be what pvp needs to get more to try it.lets break it down the way it is now.

Pros -Champ spawns and testing your self against other pvpers also double resources for crafters.

Cons - 40 hour murder count timers reflect physical bugs,armor dropping bugs,chance of going red (which on a person with little or no exsperiance pvping would be hard to handle).If you do go red Stuck in fel no other facet to travel too.If your house is in tram no way to go to your house!Pvp Scripters Champ spawn ghost cams.

The list goes on and on I guess you could add factions to the pros part but in its current state it could also be considered a con.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't disagree that it needs a face lift, but what your are suggesting and complaining about, does absolutely nothing to help out your 'problem'.

I don't see how people can 'accidently' get 5 counts, defending your champion spawn was an agressive action, one you got punished for, and you knew the consequences, but you still proceeded. If Felucca was made an out and out PvP facet, as in, everyone is freely attackable, then it ruins a large part of the games history and would probably have very little impact on the actual quality of PvP, or numbers of players participating.

As it stands, the shiney little moongate, is the PvP switch.

I

imported_Wing Chun

u could have the jelholm pits specially coded for dueling and no counts.

I

imported_Wing Chun

dont take my red hue or my murder counts away. I dont want to look like and be mistaken for one of the sissy guard zone hugging blues

I

imported_Wing Chun

viper, u need to have more than 4 people to work a spawn just so you can protect yourself. It is a fact of life in fel.

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im proud to be red with +1000 long!

bluebie be RED is a lifestyle! i don't wanna see ppl like you kill blues just coz u can easly be blue again... warguild or faction choose.

D

dmodesto

A Bounty System is simply ingenious.

A real current working one, that is.

Shorten the timer for murder counts, etc; But allow each Kill, the insurance gain [or half of it] to be put in a Bounty, and it'd basically make people Most Wanted, etc.

Would drive alot of player interaction, you could have an in-game driven system, or a database that uploads to a website.

System solved : Reward, Risk, and new fun for everyone..

I could code that in under 1 month, fully functioning and bug free, but I'm sure the UO Staff could hash that out much sooner

I

imported_Wing Chun

that system gets abused. you kill enbough people then you have your friend kill you to get the bounty.

A

Al Thorin

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with Galen, it's one thing to go accidently red on 6 counts, but to take excess counts, knowing the consequences?

Just because its 40 hours in the naughty boy corner, doesn't mean you have to macro them afk, you can still do most of the things you can do in Trammel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why should there be concequences for PVPing? Especially in area designed to promote it.

I can understand killing miners should be punished in some form (well.. at one time, now I think we should get rewards)

But I have 1193 longs. I only went red.. 2-3 years ago.
Of those counts, I bet well over 90% of them are from killing PVP'rs. Not blue, but people who will raid you just as easily as you might raid them. I probably have equal, if not -more- kills on reds.

So, according to the system, I'm a murdering [censored], and that seems like how it should be!?! I personally don't think so, the systems old and was created from when there was 1 ruleset.

I

imported_dexdash

maybe i missed it but i never saw the reason the original poster wanted to not be red? is it so you can go to tram? or so you can use the guard zone to fight?

if its the tram issue they might as well change that just let any color go no problem there. im red and happy to be my biggest pain is lack of healers and the inability to use the virues. if you have a group of reds you cant do a champ this is frankly ********. on a side note i play seige where i only have 1 char so i cant go switch to my tamer

I

imported_Goron

lol, raiding on produ shards sounds very strange to me. On siege when you get raided the raiders come to kill you, not dance around you and give counts. lol. I dont get how you are getting counts from people raiding you? Do raiders not actually attack you on produ shards?

As for murder counts... 40 hours is not logn at all... if it dropped to 10 hours, I would be able to murder 2 people every day and never go red.

For my credibility I have a red, and I just turned another red blue last night. So I have experience burning counts and being red. If you kill a blue, expect the count. Wait for them to flag on you if you need to, and if u die, give them the count.

G

Acctually if they raid on blues which was the case here they usally wont hit the other spawners there raiding.Unless they can afford the counts they will go for the spawn and try to lead it off so to get the scrolls.When this happens you can pack up and go home or else someone has to die.Might as well be them,.

G

<blockquote><hr>

maybe i missed it but i never saw the reason the original poster wanted to not be red? is it so you can go to tram? or so you can use the guard zone to fight?

if its the tram issue they might as well change that just let any color go no problem there. im red and happy to be my biggest pain is lack of healers and the inability to use the virues. if you have a group of reds you cant do a champ this is frankly ********. on a side note i play seige where i only have 1 char so i cant go switch to my tamer

[/ QUOTE ]

Acctually the char is question is my main char i have a red and didnt want the char i was using for the spawn to be red.But the current spawn she was better suited for the spawn.You know i could prolly live with the murder count timers if it wasnt for the manner in which i recieved the counts no one should be able to give or recieve counts in a spawn area.Make it like recalling basiclly.

On a side not those of you that want to keep your counts simply add in the ability to turn off count burning for those who want to stay red like the monster title toggle.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

What fairy tell land shard you play on 1 to defend haha come try that on pac ill sit and watch FL FOO CD ESF 420 And Bury run you in the ground in 2 seconds flat.

[/ QUOTE ]But u just said they don't attack you?
Oh, so they gang up on your red defender you mean? ... then cross heal the defender.
Oh, then they attack u while grey- BINGO, now they flagged on you. No counts.

One second you say waaa i dont want counts for killing blues look at all my counts (this means you are winning?), yet the next second you say no way man they kill you too fast (this means you are losing?), then the next second you say they dont even attack you(this means there is no fight?)...

So just have one red there to defend, if they attack red cross heal. If they flag on you once u go grey for cross healing well then you have nothing to worry about.

G

<blockquote><hr>

viper, u need to have more than 4 people to work a spawn just so you can protect yourself. It is a fact of life in fel.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just for the info the people i had with me were had little to no knowledge of pvp the spawn in question was basiclly training them how to do it and how to work as a team.So needless to say only two of the 4 went red.Myself included but ona side note they are now hooked on pvp because we did finish the sapawn and defend it so there hard work paid off.Im not sure if it had gone the other way if they would have wanted to go again or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What fairy tell land shard you play on 1 to defend haha come try that on pac ill sit and watch FL FOO CD ESF 420 And Bury run you in the ground in 2 seconds flat.

[/ QUOTE ]But u just said they don't attack you?
Oh, so they gang up on your red defender you mean? ... then cross heal the defender.
Oh, then they attack u while grey- BINGO, now they flagged on you. No counts.

One second you say waaa i dont want counts for killing blues look at all my counts (this means you are winning?), yet the next second you say no way man they kill you too fast (this means you are losing?), then the next second you say they dont even attack you(this means there is no fight?)...

So just have one red there to defend, if they attack red cross heal. If they flag on you once u go grey for cross healing well then you have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me tell ya this unless you play on pacific shard you have no idea what i mean by raids.If your lucky you might get away with a spawn around 3 am pac time any sooner than that your gonna have anywheres from 20 -100 people roll throught and squash you like a bug from various guilds.then you get the pleasure of standing there and watching your hard work go to waste.So yeah with no red defending (KEEP IN MIND WHERE TRYING TO DO THE SPAWN AS FAST AS WE CAN TO GET OUT ALIVE) YOur pretty much screwed.The fact is there should be no penalty for defending a spawn you start.

G

And People keep in mind not everyone has a couple hundred mil to suit up every char they have for spawns and pvp.The penalty is so steep for pvpers its not funny the system of pvp along with the timers, count system and various other pvp aspects are way out of balance.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Let me tell ya this unless you play on pacific shard you have no idea what i mean by raids.If your lucky you might get away with a spawn around 3 am pac time any sooner than that your gonna have anywheres from 20 -100 people roll throught and squash you like a bug from various guilds.then you get the pleasure of standing there and watching your hard work go to waste.So yeah with no red defending (KEEP IN MIND WHERE TRYING TO DO THE SPAWN AS FAST AS WE CAN TO GET OUT ALIVE) YOur pretty much screwed.The fact is there should be no penalty for defending a spawn you start.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok... but then how is this quote, two posts (or so) up true then?
<blockquote><hr>

And just for the info the people i had with me were had little to no knowledge of pvp the spawn in question was basiclly training them how to do it and how to work as a team.So needless to say only two of the 4 went red.Myself included but ona side note they are now hooked on pvp because we did finish the sapawn and defend it so there hard work paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]
You claim you successfully defended the spawn with only 4 people, most of which were not experienced in pvp. How in gods name did 4 of you defend against 20-100 people that squash you like a bug?
lol
Face it, kill blues go red. If you don't want counts, do kill blues. Simple.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ok... but then how is this quote, two posts (or so) up true then?
<blockquote><hr>

And just for the info the people i had with me were had little to no knowledge of pvp the spawn in question was basiclly training them how to do it and how to work as a team.So needless to say only two of the 4 went red.Myself included but ona side note they are now hooked on pvp because we did finish the sapawn and defend it so there hard work paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]
You claim you successfully defended the spawn with only 4 people, most of which were not experienced in pvp. How in gods name did 4 of you defend against 20-100 people that squash you like a bug?
lol
Face it, kill blues go red. If you don't want counts, do kill blues. Simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the post before responding I said it was around 3am when we did this as to minimize the raids.Your whole system of kill a blue go red is way out dated and problably one of the most abused systems in pvp.Tell ya what ill quit complaining about going red for playing the game when they remove Guard zones from fel so gate hugging noobs will quit trying to pvp.As if yew gate was pvp anyways.

T

TheGwy

I see people like you bringing this subject back all the time, why did you go red if you cant handle doing the time for your crimes? 40hrs isnt that bad, all you need is to burn 4 counts to go blue again and go back to Trammel and Malas but if it's your spawn char, why even bother going Blue? what's the point even? You can go inside towns, use moongates, not like in my time, back then was a bigger nuissance being red, couldnt use stables, couldnt use gates, couldnt go in towns but 40hrs *4 = 160hrs, leave yourself ghost up at gate, im sure your shard has gaters at yew gate all night long, resset him up at server up before work/school, you'll be blue preety fast

But like I said, it's your spawn char, leaving him red, no worries, kill everybody that comes raiding, and for the one who suggested 1mil per count, that would cost me about 2 billion gold to go blue, think I'll pass :p

B

bordegan

I think they should have something for red players that want to go blue again. Like say you've been pvping for a few years and have almost 2,500 counts...there should be some way to turn him blue. Not all reds are bad...they just enjoyed a different playstyle in the game..... I can't use soulstones or else I lose a personal bless deed :&lt;

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have characters that have been murdered so it DOES apply to me.

Murderers deserve no pity. As far as I'm concerned if all you do is run around killing other folks your account should be banned. In fact, I would support additional sanctions against them. Auto-guard wacked every time they go into town for one... Murders are outlaws and should live a life on the run in constant fear of capture and justice.

Characters that go red that are engaged in some kind of role-play or faction... another story but reds are reds. It's a choice they make when they target a blue and the consequenses are well known and there for a reason.

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_mr.blackmage

You didn't read a single post, did you? If you did and still posted that, well, then I have to infer that you are handicapped in some way. You basically just said "everyone that pvps should be bannned!!!E@!#$%1!".

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You didn't read a single post, did you? If you did and still posted that, well, then I have to infer that you are handicapped in some way. You basically just said "everyone that pvps should be bannned!!!E@!#$%1!".

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this International Misquotation Day? I wasn't talking about PvP, I was talking about reds that just "run around killing other folks" ...should be banned.

I did read the other posts and if you were to read mine you would have seen where I said: "Characters that go red that are engaged in some kind of role-play or faction... another story..."

If you look at MY post carefully you will see that when I use "" (quotes) I'm actually quoting something said... when you use them... you just make up whatever you want, then attribute the quote to me.

Here is how you use quotes:
"everyone that pvps should be bannned!!!E@!#$%1!"

Now.. you go ahead and show me in my post where I said that.

Safe Travels, Sam

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Back in 99 I must of got over 1,200 counts in one day on my mule during Xmas with tinker traps. Not to mention the repetitive counts each box gave when used. I was on my mule forever. Back then when you said "I must consider my sins" it didn't give you an actual number, but a vague description. The only way I turned him blue was through the faction reprieve. A one shot deal.

A reprieve system aka gold sink would fit nicely.