• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy can we get a Murder system update?

G

Ok first off let me say that if you dont pvp or have a red please dont reply as this doesnt pertain to you.

Ok what id like to address is the 40 hours per murder count problem.This wait time is increadiably long and makes it near impossiable to burn off counts.

I currently have 8 murder counts which will take exactly 320 hours to burn off or a little over 13 1/2 days to burn off provided i play non stop on this charecter.From server up till server down where is the fairness in this?Ive heard all the do the crime do the time argue ments mostly by non pvpers and frankly if you had to wait 320 hours becase you defended your spawn from raiders and went red for it you would see it a diffrent way.

It is possiable to go red not meaning too but the penalty for a play style thats long given UO alot of its risk versus reward is out dated and needs to be fixed urgently.Alot of you would say soul stone the skills well not every one can afford to buy all the 120's scrolls.That you would need to do this.And i believe my problem is alot more sever than some when it comes to burning counts for the simple fact that my isp (dialup) requires you to disconnect every 4 hours and reconnect (fair usage act) making it near impossiable to burn these counts.I have no problem with being red other than the fact that the 40 hour timer is too long period i dont mind having to burn counts but what i do mind is 14 days of strait play time to do so.

Everyone wants more people to come to champs but when we do and succefully defend it were penalized by being stuck there for murders.The whole red VS blue system is way out dated and needs to be fixed. Reds being stuck on one facet is also outdated all chars should be able to move about freely on each facet not stuck in one because of a outdated system.

Ona side note i have gold sink idea make it so you can drop a 1 mil check ona npc and for every one mil check you loose one long term count.

G

Notice all those AFK peeps standing around the Luna moongate?

Those peeps who are standing there 24 x 7 x 365?

That is how you burn off your counts...very bad way of manageing the issue.

The whole concept of "murder counts" is outdated as done today.

G

If you would take the time to read my post like ive said its near impossiable to stay logged in when you isp requires you reconnect every 4 hours.

G

Any reason for your no?Like ive said before if you have never had to burn counts off please dont reply as you have no idea what were going through.

G

I do have to agree. Looking back over the years, the burning off of murder counts was one of the main reasons that kept me from PvPing as much as I would have liked to. There's just too many possibilities of getting a murder count for killing a blue while defending a spawn or guild house.

The very first time my Terraseer went red was from defending a shop outside Moonglow in the old days from Blues that would attack Murders and Grays trying to shop. That was scary as he wasn't my PvPer then!

It is too bad that there couldn't be some sort of implementation of a new Bounty system where once the bounty is collected on a Murderer, that Murderer would become Gray for a nice period of time (24-48 hours) and then go Blue if no more murder counts were gained. This would need some tweaking and measures taken so it's abuse would be minimized. Just some thoughts.

Edit: You might get a few more readers and repliers if you edit your post and add some spaces after the sentences and mayhap break it into a few paragraphs. There are a lot of people that have a hard time reading things formatted like your op is. No offense meant, just some tips to get better feedback.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do have to agree. Looking back over the years, the burning off of murder counts was one of the main reasons that kept me from PvPing as much as I would have liked to. There's just too many possibilities of getting a murder count for killing a blue while defending a spawn or guild house.

The very first time my Terraseer went red was from defending a shop outside Moonglow in the old days from Blues that would attack Murders and Grays trying to shop. That was scary as he wasn't my PvPer then!

It is too bad that there couldn't be some sort of implementation of a new Bounty system where once the bounty is collected on a Murderer, that Murderer would become Gray for a nice period of time (24-48 hours) and then go Blue if no more murder counts were gained. This would need some tweaking and measures taken so it's abuse would be minimized. Just some thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point imn open to suggestions anything well almost anything would be better than burning counts for 320 hours like i said before.

I

imported_Anakena

The problem doesn't lie in the burning of count but rather in the giving of them. In the original design of the champ spawns, you didn't get short term counts in T2a and dungeon (as i remember).

What about not giving any count in T2A or in dungeons? This would be more fair and solve the various bugs enabling to attack people and give them count when you lose.

G

The only problem with this being that people would simply stay int he guard zones at papua and del abusing the system.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

I realize there are legit reasons to go red and there are bugs that can cause you to get counts that aren't deserved. But, many get counts for murdering people and there should be a penalty for killing a peaceful person and disrupting their game play.

G

yes but even 10 hours per count would be a penalty 40 is excessive.

G

Im not saying there should be no penalty but there has to be abetter way then our current system.

I

imported_Wing Chun

the probem is that you have to rely on people to give you counts. Do you know how hard it is to reach 1,000 murder counts today? Murder counts should be automatic.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the probem is that you have to rely on people to give you counts. Do you know how hard it is to reach 1,000 murder counts today? Murder counts should be automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acctually i tend to disagree for the fact that on more than one occasion only myself and one other person be around and get bored adn start sparing to ajust our templates.Do this would make it so you couldnt duel or even spar while doing this with out recieving counts.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Ona side note i have gold sink idea make it so you can drop a 1 mil check ona npc and for every one mil check you loose one long term count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea...

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The problem doesn't lie in the burning of count but rather in the giving of them. In the original design of the champ spawns, you didn't get short term counts in T2a and dungeon (as i remember).

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not do Champ Spawns, but I am replying, anyway.

I would think that if they made it so that you COULD get raided, but if the Raiders come AFTER level &lt;Insert Level&gt;, that they could not receive scrolls...they had to kill &lt;insert amount&gt; of the spawn leading to the champ, in order to even be able to harm the Champ (it would be "Invulnerable to all but those that actually worked the spawn)...or something along those lines...

After all...IF several blues HELPED defeat the Champ, then they had earned the scrolls, just like the people that they fought alongside.

If a group wants to just kill the blues that played from the beginning, they could, but then, a count WOULD be given.

Just a thought...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Any reason for your no?Like ive said before if you have never had to burn counts off please dont reply as you have no idea what were going through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had to burn off counts before.

I also have accrued over 3k murder counts over the years of playing UO.

There should be something that dissuades people from killing - don't screw with the system.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree on this one.

Accidently going red...that's 5 counts...easy to burn off one and go blue again.

Reds are BAD people, you killed an innocent blue and what is your punishment? 40 hours??? For a murder? That's not harsh enough if you ask me. My poor Larisa *accidently* went red. After that it was no accident

I have gone red on all my chars at one point in my UO life, it happens.....if the only punishment I have is 40 hours it's not a big deal. I think they need to do more...oh so I killed a few ppl and went red, few days macro'ing off counts, sitting dead at yew gate..whatever....no biggie..there is no punishment for the crime, 40 hours is nothing.

C

Chango Pelon

I have 47 Longs and have no intention of burning them. I want to try to maybe understand the needing to burn off counts, but then again, I never had a problem with statloss either.

U

uo_kaladin

No.

Why burn off counts when you *could* just use a soulstone to transfer those same skills to another character? There's already a system in place to help people avoid the count system. The little sacrifice is that you have to keep one of your character slots for a murderer character. And, you'll have to shell out some coin for some skill scrolls. But you could also say, if you do the crime you should have to do the time.

This idea is a lot better than forcing people to pay 1 million gold per count.

I *do* believe there should be more penalties for murderers and "innocent" blue characters who work together.

FYI: I once purchased an account with a murderer character with 12 counts. I burned off all 12 counts "legally." 20 hours a week, 24 weeks. No problem. 10 Hours on Saturday, 10 hours Sunday and I can still do my day job as well.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstoning and rescrolling chars to bypass murder counts is silly. It works if it's a once every blue moon thing but not if you mostly live in Fel. The cost would be too high, especially if we're talking about 6x 120 mage kinda template.

As a Feluccan, I agree that there should be some punishment for murdering innocents. So I dont actually have a problem with people getting counts. But I also mainly play a red (who btw went red defending our spawns from raiders). While I actually enjoy being red today, I dont think it's right that players should be "punished" for defending their spawn. If the raiding party uses their reds to pk the spawners while their blues try to kill the champ, the spawners should also be able to attack the blue raiders without getting counts.

On a side note, when I'm fighting a blue inside (especially inside guard zone), if another blue starts healing my opponent, the healer should automatically be flagged as an agressor to me.

If I'm on a blue char and one of my red guildmates gets attacked/ganked by bluebies, I should be able to assist him by attacking the blues without getting counts for it, and healing him without getting guard wacked if it's in guard zone. This would be only if the blues were the initial agressors, not if my red guildmate initiated the combat. But I should still flag grey to everyone for healing a red.

In all other cases, I think the murder counts are working just fine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Suck it up and go red like the big boys do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a red and dont want this char red.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree on this one.

Accidently going red...that's 5 counts...easy to burn off one and go blue again.

Reds are BAD people, you killed an innocent blue and what is your punishment? 40 hours??? For a murder? That's not harsh enough if you ask me. My poor Larisa *accidently* went red. After that it was no accident

I have gone red on all my chars at one point in my UO life, it happens.....if the only punishment I have is 40 hours it's not a big deal. I think they need to do more...oh so I killed a few ppl and went red, few days macro'ing off counts, sitting dead at yew gate..whatever....no biggie..there is no punishment for the crime, 40 hours is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to your post reds have enough penalties cant go anywhere but fel 40 hour per count timers if in factions theres stat loss.Like ive said before there should be a lowered penalty instead of the 40 hours.Its acctually more of a head ache than a penalty.The fact is the current system is bias against pvpers pvp is all about killing your apponent being the better player but if you do you have 40 hours per count to waste.320 hours is too long to burn 8 counts no matter how you look at it.And most people cant afford to keep buying the 120 scrolls to meerly soul stone the skills over.This isnt tru life its a game and there needs to be balance.Want the blues to have all the facets fine we will stay in fel but to balance it lower the count timers or give us access to all facets while red.

Reds are the only ones that have to deal with this penalty for just meerly doing what we do best.Keeping the pvp murder system like this would be a big mistake and a real turn off to pvpers.The system is way out dated has been for quite sometime.And your post of 5 counts no biggie thats just 40 hours as you go back blue on your 4th count.But try sitting there for 14 days strait like some of us burning counts just to get back blue.Its a broke system that needs to be updated.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And btw theres no such thing as a innocent blue there more likely to gank and kill you thena the reds.Meeting a red you know there gonna attack you most times you exspect it from them.The blues its allways a maybe they will maybe they wont.And in most cases will wait for you to hit low life then take the kill shot and run hide.

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

Na sorry I don't agree. I play UO only to PvP and I have 2 blue and 3 red chars on my account. My blue has NO murder counts.

You want to defend a spawn, have a red. Want to spawn, use your blue. Get raided while spawning switch characters.

Dont like the switching characters during a spawn, have two accounts one with your blue spawner and one with your red.

The only reason you would need to burn off counts is if you are to slack to use the right character for the job.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

10 hours is NO penalty and I've had to burn a few counts off.

As mentioned, the system for GETTING counts is seriously FUBAR right now. There are too many loopholes and bugs for getting undeserved counts. As well as not getting counts.

They need to fix all the loopholes first and make the count system work correctly before worrying about how to remove counts.

If your ISP drops you every four hours, guess what, worse case is 10 days sitting at luna for each count.

L

Lilith_Mauvais

Why not make the count timer speed up by certain actions? Right now it seems a lot of afk at Luna gate which shouldn't be reduced from 40 hours. However, if the person is actively doing something (champ spawns for example), the timer should be sped up. It is more of a risk to have a red that is actually out there ready to be attacked than basically hiding out for 40 hours. There probably should be some reward for it. That fits the spirit of the system more than buying off your counts with Trammel gold.

D

dsnchanted395

Ahem. From the way you responded I am assuming you are rather wealthy ingame and can afford to repeatedly buy the soulstones and 120 powerscrolls to have as many reds as you'd like. From the op persepective he is not saying that there should be no punishment for being a red/murderer, but that the system should be looked at and addressed as it is outmoded and antiquidated.

Case in point, my pally went red. I had been trying to learn how to pvp and as at the beginning I had 0/0 counts took a few to learn strategies and such from attacking some blues. I reached my fourth count and continued to play her in tram, pvming and illish spawns, etc at el. Well went on vacation and bf played her in fel and low and behold she went red. After the inital shock and throwing a trantrum with him, I shrugged it off and started burning the counts. But was it fair for me, a fledgling pvper to burn all those hours for trying to learn something and going red sorta kinda by accident? I don't think the punishment in this case fit the crime.

The gold sink idea is a good one. No one is saying you HAVE to buy the counts off but that you would have the option. Some things in this game have too little options and as such hog tie those of us who want to learn but are afraid to explore the possibilities of fel and pvping because we don't want to be forced into the ungodly "burn" hours or limiting our character slots to keep a char red, or opening another acct for said red player. Not all of us have those kinds of resources.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have 47 Longs and have no intention of burning them. I want to try to maybe understand the needing to burn off counts, but then again, I never had a problem with statloss either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the ol' pre UO:R noto PK days, I had two reds on my account. My main had 4 shorts, 5 longs (this is where you noto'd... pk 4 people... wait for your short term to drop to 3, kill another one, turn red, and mess with the antis).

My other newbie had 9/10 before I died on him - he was an archer/macer with 80s fighting skill - but this was back when you could be competitive with skill this low. Anyone remember when there was no short/long term murder count viewing? It was just a blue, light red, or blood red message. If you said "I must consider my sins," and it was blood red, you were in stat - and you better not rez. :p

Ahh, those were the days. :p

T

Trailer Trash

Here is a great idea stay red!!!!
I get excited when i get a murder count since people just dont give them anymore. been trying to reach 2000 murder counts for a while and it is slow going!!
The system is fine the way it is. Your lucky im not in charge cause if i was red would stay red forever. I hate these guys who go red and two days later are blue again!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

10 hours is NO penalty and I've had to burn a few counts off.

As mentioned, the system for GETTING counts is seriously FUBAR right now. There are too many loopholes and bugs for getting undeserved counts. As well as not getting counts.

They need to fix all the loopholes first and make the count system work correctly before worrying about how to remove counts.

If your ISP drops you every four hours, guess what, worse case is 10 days sitting at luna for each count.

[/ QUOTE ]

First its kinda hard to sit at luna when your red.Secondly coupled with the fact that reds can only travel to fel areas is also a penalty 40 hours is way too much.Ask your self this if you had dialup and only played around 4 hours a day would you want to spend all that time burning counts?Dialup users have been left out for a good while now (Monster patches ungodly lag and the 40 hour timers).Not every one in this game has high speed access available to them.I dont have the money for a second phone line and i also cant have my home phone line tied up all the time over a game.But instead of being able to play im stuck doing about the next 30 days at four hours a day to burn off my counts.So still think this is fair before you jump on the band wagon Murderers are bad yadda yadda yadda what if it was you in my situation?

320 hours is too long of a penalty to burn 8 lousy counts argue what you will ive still got time.

G

i love how people that are blue wanna say dont kill us innocent people.
but you kill innocent reds when you see them.
do you get a penalty for killing reds when they are afk at a bank?
no you dont.
how many blues get groups together and kill lone reds?
dont sit there and act like cause your blue your innocent.
i agree with a change to the count system also

G

Ive said this for a long time there are two play styles in UO that have been severly penalized over the years the worst of the two being the Thief second being a Red PVPer.

G

I've been trying to hit 2500 murders for months =(

134 Longs away. 200 shorts away.

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

<blockquote><hr>

... innocent reds ...

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me laugh, theres no such thing. If you kill blues defending a spawn, your not innocent. Its just borked game mechanics that you become a murder.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only reason I can see for someone getting so upset about this is, your only house is in Tram? Otherwise, who cares if a character is Red? If I were a PK/PVP type, it wouldn't bother me in the least. What's wrong with being red? What is so important that you've got to do it with this particular character? You want to stand at Luna bank and talk about your mad skillz with others? Do what others do, say "Hey man, it's me..blah blah blah"....I don't get it...

N

nickdafunk

How can you PvP with Dial Up? Am I missing something here?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

reefer was over 5k when I lost that account, heh
. That was like 3? years ago now? Somewhere around there.

Just a general reply :

It may be called a "murder" system, but that isn't what it remains today. That system died out completely when greed was encouraged instead of teamwork (ala free for all scrolls from champs), and of course the fact that there are maybe 1/4 of the people still playing today as when we had a single facet. They should have just flagged everyone as "pvp" for the fel facet when they created trammel. They didn't, so people who probably didn't even play back then are saying that "you killed innocents you deserved it!", when in all actuality, you can go to the exact replica of fel without the risk of being pked, and those "innocents" were playing blues so that they could pick their targets. Seriously, we still play this game because we like pvp, not because we want to get our jollies by killing miners or something. Those type of griefer pvpers are in games where you can freely gank lowbies (ala WoW).

To those people saying "I have a blue and I pvp on him!". Do you know what that means to me? It means that you care more for your character than you do helping out a guild mate or a friend, and that you don't even take chances such as casting fields, or attacking greys (I went red 6 times prior to AoS just from targets that were grey turning blue before my explosion landed).

In short: the system is archaic and was designed for 10 years ago. The design no longer suits the current state of the game. I personally don't care if a change is made or not (I only pvp, I wouldn't even notice if EA instituted a trammel facet ban on my account), but yeah, the system should be changed. Of course all of the flagging issues should be dealt with, murder counts should have an optional wipe, and then they should either institute a direct pvp system, or make a murderers life more difficult, rather than just an inconvenience. But honestly, there aren't enough players as is. Everyone should just be pvp flagged in Fel.

A

Al Thorin

General Reply;

The current system is so out of date it's kinda sad.

When Trammel was introduced, it still had a place even then, but overtime the Devs have slowly adjusted PVP to be -focused- in Felucca. As well, over time, the -players- have also adjusted PVP to be -focused- in Felucca.

Most that don't like the ruleset have moved on, and those then enjoy it by choice do so.

In otherwords, anyone in Felucca knows, and accepts the risks. It's a bad ally late at night, and people -choose- to hang out there.
Sorry, innocents don't exist in Felucca. Bystanders, yes. Gamblers, yes. Innocents, nope.

Innocent;
1. free from moral wrong; without sin; pure: innocent children.
2. free from legal or specific wrong; guiltless: innocent of the crime.
3. not involving evil intent or motive: an innocent misrepresentation.
4. not causing physical or moral injury; harmless: innocent fun.
5. devoid (usually fol. by of): a law innocent of merit.
6. having or showing the simplicity or naiveté of an unworldly person; guileless; ingenuous.
7. uninformed or unaware; ignorant.

Lets face some facts, there's a choice, and people make it. You're not stupid, uninformed, or tricked.
Take the risk or not.

That aside, I still think there is a place for murders, but the current system is incompetent.
System based PVP is nice, it helps set goals, limits, and sides, but freeform PVP has it's own merits and politics.
As such, I don't think killing a participating blue should count as a murder. Lets face another small fact, the many blues are there to PVP. They -want- to fight. As such, they are no more 'good' than many reds.

Problem is, there's only 2 states a PVP'r can be, red or blue. It's not evil/good, or murderer/innocent. It's just a color. Nothing more. The only difference between many is that Blues just wait for you to go grey. (They attack the red, and if that target escapes or dies, they move onto the people that went crim healing)

Why can't we have a scale based system for example?
Each blue you kill gets -1, and each red killed gets you a +1.
Maintaining a negative number would make a player red, a possitive is blue.

This way your color is proportional to -all- your PVP interaction, not only the bad.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Personally ... I'll wait for the Flagging system ... to get a re-work ...
Then ...
I'll pay attention to the "murder" judgements ... sentences ... penalties.

In the mean time ... I'd go with a "no safe place" outside of town limits ...
Gates OR House's ...

Drop the guard zones at fel gates ...
IF you &gt;DO&lt; strike at me ... I can get to you ...
Shoot from a house ? fine ... let me kick in the doors and get atcha (Or, in self defense: house kicks you to the yard ...
)
Take it outside ... doors wont "safeguard ya"... either way
If I'm just sitting in my house ... knitting or cooking ... none aggro stuff (rumors are some do) &lt;&lt;then ... I'm relatively safe

Like I said
Flagging system first.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, innocents don't exist in Felucca. Bystanders, yes. Gamblers, yes. Innocents, nope.

Innocent;
1. free from moral wrong; without sin; pure: innocent children.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why you bolded this one.

You'd be hard pressed to make me (and I hope anyone else) feel I've done anything morally wrong on a video game.

Granted I'd never call myself innocent, but then again I've only used that word to describe the ignorant and the very young.

G

40 hours per count is a problem? No way. Sometimes its hard getting a murder. We lose counts too you know. This is just me thinking here but I would think it would be best to have more then one way to be "forgiven" for the "sins".

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, and I'm not sure why I like the idea so much. I'm very anti-religious in life but I like the idea of a church where reds can go to tithe gold for loss of count. Of course it should be more then normal peoples insurance so I thought 10k a count sounded good, but thats just me (and I want to keep my counts). 1m a count is way to high though, nobody would pay that, Especially when the economy is all straightened out.

I also think that a person should be able to do various in game quests to drop off counts too.

That provides a method for

1. The rich I want it NOW types (money method)

2. the lazy (the sit around at the gate method)

3. the whatever you call someone who likes questing... Thrify?

Anywho

You could always just set up a second comp to burn off your counts while you're playing another acct.

G

Choose to be a MURDERER.... live with the consequences.... which if you ask me aren't nearly harsh enough.

G

Why should the consequences be HARSH?

It's a video game.

Just because you don't agree with how we play the game we should be punished?

I

imported_Heartseeker

Agreed. The System is way to old.

When I first played there was one land only.

Now facets are split.

It absolutely makes no sense to have red, blue and grey characters.

If you go play in Fel then your consenting to PVP, period.

People from Tam need not go there, and if they do, they go at a risk.

Fel should be a PVP facet that recognizes the fact why people go there; to PVP.

Colours are so last year.

A

Al Thorin

Not everyone going to Felucca is going there to PVP, although everyone going there acknowledges the -risk- of PVP. No one can claim they are unwilling, because otherwise, they -would not be there-.

I would prefer PVP not being the sole reason for Felucca. Just like Siege has it's place, I think Felucca should have it's place, although not for the sole reason of PVP.

I don't think we should ever step away from player created risk, although I think we do need to step away from our current 'murderer' system, as it only seems to act as a reminder of the past, and creates a rather.. unhealthy additude. I'm sure there are more.. accurate ways to identify a players PVP participation and moral standing outside of being a black and white 'murderer'. We're PVP'rs, and we fight and kill each other, murderers and non-murderers alike.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

Ok first off let me say that if you dont pvp or have a red please dont reply as this doesnt pertain to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Hell it doesn't.

Even if I never set foot in Felucca, the red/blue system plays a major role in determining access to, and the price of, power scrolls.

<blockquote><hr>

Ok what id like to address is the 40 hours per murder count problem.This wait time is increadiably long and makes it near impossiable to burn off counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go red.

Don't kill 5 blues in 40 hours.

Not that hard.

You already don't have stat loss. You already have the ability to basically control access to some of the most important items in the game. You can even go to towns in Felucca these days.

If you don't want the disadvantages of going red, don't go red.

In your case, not only did you go red but then you made 3 more blue kills than you had to after you did.

As far as I'm concerned, that's perma-red, and it was 100% your choice.

-Galen's player

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Galen, it's one thing to go accidently red on 6 counts, but to take excess counts, knowing the consequences?

Just because its 40 hours in the naughty boy corner, doesn't mean you have to macro them afk, you can still do most of the things you can do in Trammel.

M

Meldurh

quote:
"Ok first off let me say that if you dont pvp or have a red please dont reply as this doesnt pertain to you."

What ???
There is not a single player not involved in pvp.
You mean its ok that the most interesting part - the champs -of UO is momopolized by pvp'ers?

quote:
"Ok what id like to address is the 40 hours per murder count problem.This wait time is increadiably long and makes it near impossiable to burn off counts."
Well,you're a MURDERER,need I to say more?
40 hours is laughable,if you ask me it should be once red forever red.

quote:
"Everyone wants more people to come to champs"
I would,see point 1.

Wont comment on the other ridiclous suggestions,its griefers like you who drove
people away from UO and gave it a bad reputation.

Ah,a real gem further down in the thread:
"I have a red and dont want this char red." - comment unneccessary