• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeff Freeman, Former SWG Lead Gameplay Designer, Commits Suicide

• Thread starter Extra Value Meal
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

miss_samara

Well, yeah, people are using their emotions to form their views on it. It's about human life and death, and humans are emotional creatures. None of us are machines that can be 100% logical.

And while death may not solve someone's problems, it would definitely take care of having to worry about them anymore.

U

UltimaSword

And that is a selfish action if there are people who love and care about them.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever prevent someone from killing themselves? Yeah that's me.....

You are so full of yourself. I don't know the details of your personal "suicide rescue" story. I can only judge you by what you say here. And on this board, in this thread you have made callous and ignorant remarks about a person who is dead and unable to defend themselves.

And honestly, anyone truely suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts isn't going to tell anyone else about them in time for any intervention. If you have bothered to read any of the posts here you will see that the only true understanding we get is from the people that survive their attemps to kill themselves. Family and friends usually don't even see it coming. Someone suffering from clinical depression doesn't even realize that their thoughts about killing themselves don't make sense. Their whole way of thinking has changed over a period of several months, and as illustrated in another post here, they might think they are doing a "favor" for their friends and family.

Luckily for the people that survive a serious suicide attempt our bodies are built to last and we just aren't as easy to kill as we would like to think. Sadly, some folks get it right the first time, and never get to see how their deaths affect everyone around them.

I think it's good that if you have a friend that is vocalizing thoughts of suicide that you are there for them. But, they need professional help too.

Safe Travels, Sam

U

UltimaSword

I am very full of myself. Side affect of beating my depressions. Like I said. If it is clinical depression it is a mental disorder and not their fault. i stated that. But it isn't always.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are so full of yourself. I don't know the details of your personal "suicide rescue" story. I can only judge you by what you say here. And on this board, in this thread you have made callous and ignorant remarks about a person who is dead and unable to defend themselves.
One should always remember this is the Internet, it is an anonymous environment, were one is free to say / claim anything they want and can never prove or disprove anything they say or claim to have done.

One can readily identify a "Cult" follower, no matter what incarnation that "Cult" takes.

U

UltimaSword

One should always remember this is the Internet, it is an anonymous environment, were one is free to say / claim anything they want and can never prove or disprove anything they say or claim to have done.

One can readily identify a "Cult" follower, no matter what incarnation that "Cult" takes.
yes please I always think it is a given but never take anyone too seriously. I could be lying my a$$ off or telling th whole truth. you don't know. Same for everyone. Some people like to argue hell I could just be doing that just to get reactions. Watch out for the guys that act like they "know everything" they are the worst! :D