• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jack of All Trades

G

This list details the effects of 20 skill points in each given skill
Assume all skills at 20 unless otherwise indicated
All information here has been extrapolated from data culled from UO.com, UO.stratics.com, and the Stratic Forums

Alchemy:
[*]Explosion potions +4 damage
[*]Conflagaration potions +1 damage

Anatomy:
[*]+15% Damage increase
[*]+3 HP healed (9-20 with 20 Healing)
[*]30 Defensive Wrestling with 20 Evaluate Int, 70 Defensive Wrestle with 100 Evaluate Int

Animal Lore:
[*]Lore pets and animals
[*]+4 Pet HP healed (11-24 with 20 Veterinary)
[*]+4% Animal control (20% with 20 Taming)

Animal Taming:
[*]Tame: dog, gorilla, jack rabbit, rabbit, skittering hopper, bird, cat, chicken, mountain goat, rat, sewer rat, cow, goat, pig, sheep, eagle, mongbat.
[*]+16% Animal control (20% with 20 Animal Lore)

Archery:
[*]Marginal skill with bows
[*]+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Swords, 20* Mace, and 20* Fencing {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)

Arms Lore:
[*]No advantage < but perhaps Arms Lore will be used for the Runic Crafting and Enhancement formula someday *hope hope*>

Begging:
[*] Aquire spare change

Blacksmithy:
[*]Repair items (high damage/failure rate)
[*]Make some minor items (poorly)

Bowcraft/Fletching:
[*]+25% make shafts, arrows, and bolts. (75% ea, total)

Bushido:
[*]+20 applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Swords, 20* Mace, 20* Fencing, and 20* Archery {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)
[*]Only real Bushido points (not JoAT) are used to determine changes to parry rates.

Camping:
[*]Ability to set camp and safely log-out

Carpentry:
[*]+40% making boards (90% Total)

Cartography:
[*]17% Make Local Map

Chivalry:
[*]40% Close Wounds for 4-24 HP, up to 39 w/ very high karma.
[*]30% Cleanse by Fire (95% vs level 1 poison, 75% vs level 2 poison, 55% vs level 3 poison, 35% vs level 4 poison, 15% vs level 5 poison)
[*]30% Remove Curse (effect based on karma)
[*]7% Consecrate Weapon (duration based on karma)
[*]7% Sacred Journey

Cooking:
[*]20% Make most non-SE foods

Detect Hidden:
[*]Improved trap detection on dungeon floors
[*]Improved passive & active reveal radius and chance
[*]Improved tracking chance

Discordance:
[*]Some chance of discording weaker creatures (18% chance vs mongbat with 20 music, 90% with 100 Music)
[*]Firehorn Success Chance 95%, PvP Damage 9-11, PvM Damage 14-17 (with 100 music, 20 provoke, 20 discord, and 20 peace)

Evaluate Intelligence:
[*]+60% Base spell damage *not SDI*

Fencing:
[*]Marginal skill with fencing weapons
[*]+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Archery, 20* Swords, and 20* Mace {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)

Fishing:
[*]Fish Steak. yum
[*]Shoes, Sandals, Boots, Thighboots. Fill BODs

Focus:
[*]+2 Stamina regeneration
[*]+1 Mana regeneration

Forensic Evaluation:
[*]Improved detection of thieves and criminal identities (?)

Healing:
[*]9-20 healed (with 20 Anatomy)

Herding:
[*]Herd any creature tamable with up to 25 taming: dog, gorilla, jack rabbit, rabbit, skittering hopper, bird, cat, chicken, mountain goat, rat, sewer rat, cow, goat, pig, sheep, eagle, mongbat...

Hiding:
[*]Improved chance of hiding
[*]Decreased chance of being tracked or revealed

[*]+1 Phys Resist when casting Reactive Armor (+16 Phys Resist, -5 Elemental Resists)
[*]-1 Phys Resist penalty when casting Magic Reflect (-24 Phys resist, +10 Elemental Resists)
[*]Copy Books and Inscribe 1st-4th circle spells, chance varies based on circle

Item Identification:
[*]No advantage

Lock Picking:
[*]Improved chance of picking simple locks (no specific data found)

Lumberjacking:
[*]20% Cut logs
[*]4% Damage Increase with axes (except war axe)
[*]+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Swords, 20* Mace, 20* Fencing, and 20* Archery {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)

Mace Fighting:
[*]Marginal skill with bashing weapons
[*]+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Archery, 20* Swords, and 20* Fencing {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)

Magery:
[*]95% 1st circle spells
[*]60% 2nd circle spells
[*]25% 3rd circle spells

Meditation:
[*]+1 to +2 Mana regen (equivilant over 0 meditation) in medible armor (.38 mana/second at 10 int, .65 mana/second at 120 int)

Mining:
[*]20% Mining iron ore.
[*]7% Ingot return on smelted iron.

Musicianship:
[*]Some chance of Barding weaker creatures (18% chance vs mongbat with 20 peace, or discord, 16% chance mongbat vs mongbat with 20 provoke)

Necromancy:
[*]40% Curse Weapon (duration based on Spirit Speak)
[*]1% Pain Spike (damage based on Spirit Speak vs targets Resist Spells)
[*]1% Corpse Skin (effect based on Spirit Speak vs targets Resist Spells)
[*]1% Evil Omen
[*]1% Blood Oath (duration based on Spirit Speak vs targets Resist Spells)
[*]1% Wraith Form

Ninjitsu:
[*]50% Cast Animal Form (Rabbit, Rat)
[*]1% Cast Backstab

Parrying:
[*]5% Parry with shield (with 0 real bushido)
[*]2% Parry with 1-handed weapon and no shield equiped
[*]2% Parry with 2-Handed weapon no shield equiped
[*]+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Swords, 20* Mace, 20* Fencing, and 20* Archery {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)
[*]Parry rates are effected only by real Bushido points, not JoAT.

Peacemaking:
[*]Some chance of Peacing weaker creatures (18% chance vs mongbat with 20 music, 90% with 100 Music)
[*]Firehorn Success Chance 95%, PvP Damage 9-11, PvM Damage 14-17 (with 100 music, 20 provoke, 20 discord, and 20 peace)

Poisoning:
[*]20% Apply level 1 or 2 (normal) poison to food or weapons
[*]Apply up to level 2 (normal) poison with the Infectious Strike special move
[*]20% to increase level 2 (normal) poison to level 3 (greater) poison

Provocation:
[*]Some chance of provoking weaker creatures (16% chance vs mongbat with 20 music, 80% with 100 Music)

Remove Trap:
[*]Inneffective without 50 Detect Hidden & Lockpicking
[*]Some(?) chance of disarming simple traps with 50+ Detect Hidden and 50+ Lockpicking

Resisting Spells:
[*]Improved chance to resist spell effects (poison, poison field, and poison strike?)
[*]Lowered stat loss (-2) vs clumsy, weaken, feeblemind, curse, and mass curse.
[*]-20 mana loss to Mana Drain and Mana Vampire
[*]-6 seconds Paralyze and Paralyze Field effects
[*]-2 damage from Pain Spike
[*]-1.25 second Corpse Skin effect
[*]-.25 second Blood Oath effect
[*]-.4 second Mind Rot effect

Snooping:
[*]20%(?) view the contents of another's pack (chance of being observed unknown)

Spellweaving:
[*]40% Arcane Circle for minimum duration
[*]40% Gift of Renewal for minimum duration
[*]40% Immolating Weapon for minimum duration
[*]40% Attune Weapon for minimum duration
[*]10% Thunderstorm for minimum duration
[*]10% Nature's Fury for minimum duration

Spirit Speak:
[*]1 HP healed channeling energy through corpse
[*]3-4 HP healed channeling own energy

Stealing:
[*]20%(?) Steal items (2 stones max weight) from others (chance of being observed unknown)

Stealth:
[*]Inneffective without 50 Hiding (according to stratics, 80 according to UO.com)
[*]2 steps hidden between skill checks with 50(?)+ hiding

Swordsmanship:
[*]Marginal skill with sword-type weapons
[*]+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Archery, 20* Macing, and 20* Fencing {*one weapon skill must be 70+ <min to use a special move>}, & -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant

Tactics:
[*]+12.5% Damage increase

Tailoring:

Taste Identification:
[*]improved chance to determine potion keg strength

Tinkering:

Tracking:
[*]Improved chance to track targets

Veterinary:
[*]11-24 HP healed (with 20 Animal Lore)

Wrestling:
[*]Marginal skill unarmed

Please post any corrections or addendums to this list, I am eager to find out the net scope of Jack of All Trades.

Revisions:
*9/18/06: deleted tailor and blacksmith bod pickup, deleted spirit speak understand dead, revised firehorn data for provoke, peace, and discord
*10/9/06 added comment to bushido and parry regarding parry penalties
*1/7/07: added information for herding

G

GuitarStrings129

holy crap
thank you for postin that lol
i just made 3 of my chars 250% more efficient now that i can teleport on my dexxers with arcane clothes and chiv remove curse etc

G

<blockquote><hr>

# Spirit Speak:
# 1 HP healed channeling energy through corpse
# 3-4 HP healed channeling own energy
# some chance of understanding ghosts(?)

[/ QUOTE ]

GM is needed to understanding ghosts (REAL)

tested for about 2-3 weeks (95 REAL skill and +15 SS ring)
changed it to 100 real and i can see and well as understand them ([censored] chat that i ganged them when there was other dead players about)

G

Thanks for the update... there was a time when SS at any level would allow you to intermitantly understand ghosts, of course, that was before it was good for anything else.

P

popcans343

Could somone explain to me about the speical moves having less mana cost?? does this mean i should swich my dexxer back to a human?? How much of a diffrance would it really make? 2mana? 5mana? 10 mana?

G

<blockquote><hr>

+20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20* Swords, 20* Mace, 20* Fencing, and 20* Archery {*one weapon skill must be 70+ &lt;min to use a special move&gt;}, &amp; -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivilant)

[/ QUOTE ]

So essentially, if your primary weapon skill is GMed, and you have none of the other 'discounting' skills, you will benefit from the equilent of 20 points in each of them anyway for being human, giving you enough points to get the -5 mana cost benefit. With just an additional 20 points in that weapon skill, or 40 points dedicated to any of the other weapon skills, your total number of points will be sufficient to get the -10 mana cost benefit.

With reduced mana cost on all weapon specials, and the added perk of increased HP regen, human is a no brainer for a pure Dexxer, IMO. I think elf was oversold early by too many people who didn't spend the time to understand the more subtle benefits of staying human.

H

hillel jordan

So if I am an elf 115 parry at 50 dex with a shield helps me block 1/4 times, but bc I am a human my jac of all trades gives me 20 bushido which drops my parry with a shiled to 21 percent??? Is that right???

G

Nope.... the developers have said that the effects of Bushido on Parry are based on real skill, not JoAT skill. I went out of my way to confirm that, and did a bit of testing once ML hit to verify it, to the best of my ability.

A lot of people think my ML human dexxers have parry because I manage to block enough of their shots to leave doubt... but I don't have room for it.

H

hillel jordan

cool thanks man. I go with a ninja mage with parry template, I just need some mana regen items and I made myself human for the 3 mr from med and focus and the 20 tracking for deathstrike

G

You bring up a common mythconception that is popular in UO right now:

Meditation / 10 = Mana Regen benefit.

That is false.

Meditation works using a completely different set of calculations than the mana regen property. Meditation is used to determine your base rate of meditation, whereas Focus and Mana Regen are modifiers to that base rate... In much the same way that Evaluate Intelligence does not equate to Spell Damage Increase (EI is used to determine base damage, not damage modifers).

Click here for all the details on Meditation.

In the JoAT section for Meditation, I approximated the equivilant MR of meditation (as I did for Eval Intelligence) but the formula for mediation is very complicated and is reliant on your current mana level for success as well as your Intelligence to determine the final rate... so I based on 120 Int. If anybody is hot for more detail, I can break the benefits down for 20 point increments in Intelligence, but I am lazy, so I expect cookies for my work.

G

I got bored.

20.0 Meditation Skill

10 Int = 0.28 m/s
20 Int = 0.40 m/s
30 Int = 0.43 m/s
40 Int = 0.45 m/s
50 Int = 0.48 m/s
60 Int = 0.50 m/s
70 Int = 0.53 m/s
80 Int = 0.55 m/s
90 Int = 0.58 m/s
100 Int = 0.60 m/s
110 Int = 0.63 m/s
120 Int = 0.65 m/s

Now, since JoAT has +20 Focus as well, you get a 0.1 m/s increase at any lvl. exp

20.0 Meditation (JoAT) + 20.0 Focus (JoAT) =

10 Int = 0.38 m/s
20 Int = 0.50 m/s
30 Int = 0.53 m/s
40 Int = 0.55 m/s
50 Int = 0.58 m/s
60 Int = 0.60 m/s
70 Int = 0.63 m/s
80 Int = 0.65 m/s
90 Int = 0.68 m/s
100 Int = 0.70 m/s
110 Int = 0.73 m/s
120 Int = 0.75 m/s

Now if, for some reason you have more Focus, every 20 Focus = 0.10 m/s increase.

20.0 Meditation (JoAT) + 100.0 Focus =

10 Int = 1.28 m/s
20 Int = 1.30 m/s
30 Int = 1.33 m/s
40 Int = 1.35 m/s
50 Int = 1.38 m/s
60 Int = 1.40 m/s
70 Int = 1.43 m/s
80 Int = 1.45 m/s
90 Int = 1.48 m/s
100 Int = 1.50 m/s
110 Int = 1.53 m/s
120 Int = 1.55

Hope this helps!

G

<blockquote><hr>

cool thanks man. I go with a ninja mage with parry template, I just need some mana regen items and I made myself human for the 3 mr from med and focus and the 20 tracking for deathstrike

[/ QUOTE ]

TO answer your question in truth, with 20 Focus and 20 med, you will only get .50 MR total. So add some MR to your gear cause .50 won't get you anything.

G

Thanks for filling in the gaps here.... and pointing out the error I made.

I suspect the error I made was not not subtracting out the difference for 0 skill to determine the MR equivilant. I crunched em again, using only the differences, and came up with the same numbers everybody else was getting. Ignore the earlier arrogance on my part

This is what makes peer review so nice. When somebody takes the time to not just say you are wrong, but to illustrate why, then it lets everybody who is willing to learn, do so.

G

I was just very very...very bored. lol It was fun though! give me another to do!

T

The Soldats

For herding
Can heard all the tames that you can tame w/25 skill

So just copy paste the tame list to herding, dont think those extra 5 that herd gives adds anymore

G

At last! We have 'herd' from an expert :S

Ok, enough bad jokes. Off to update herding info. Thanks for the info.

G

A bit of begging trivia if you want to add it..

Begging skill (real or JoaT) = % chance to receive gold from an NPC.
The amount of gold received is dependent on your karma, up to 25gp.

Heartwood elves give items rather than gold. Some items are rarer than others, but the rarity is based on random chance rather than skill level. It's possible for a JoaT beggar to get the rarest of beggable elf items through sheer luck.