• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It all began with a small stone house.

I am the youngest of 4 siblings. My oldest brother is 66 and my brother right below him was 61 and my sister is right above him so its 66,63,61 and I'm 56. My oldest brother had a Beta UO account till about 20 years ago when he sold it. My brother right above me had an account that was 230 mo old and I have 2 accounts that are 194 and 187 mo old. Sadly my brother Bob with the 230 account passed away last April. He played on Lake Superiors 90% of the time till near the end when he also played Atlantic. My stent in UO started on Lake Superior with Bob giving me a little gold and a small stone house in a swamp. Back then housing was tough to find on LS. I loved that house. It was tough to come and go from it due to the Alligator population. Yes that was my biggest fear. Later on in the game I found out there was much scarier things to fear. So I played for a few years but then life got in the way. My brother bob watched over and played one of my accounts for years till like 10 yrs ago and I got mine back. Now I play on Sonoma with my new friends (EPIC) with the memory of my brother and how he got me hooked on such a great game. RIP Alibob, Sir Issic, Samantha, my brother Bob of Lake Superior / Atlantic. I sure do miss him. :(

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kids these days don't know how hard it was to walk five miles to school...uphill both ways! ;)

But in the old days of UO, having a hard time placing anything larger than a small house, and by the end of 1998 any small houses on most any shard. Then it was best to have your recall rune for a couple of screens away, in case it got stolen. I think back sometimes to how the game was, and I marvel enough people enjoyed it for the game to survive.

Kids these days don't know how hard it was to walk five miles to school...uphill both ways! ;)

But in the old days of UO, having a hard time placing anything larger than a small house, and by the end of 1998 any small houses on most any shard. Then it was best to have your recall rune for a couple of screens away, in case it got stolen. I think back sometimes to how the game was, and I marvel enough people enjoyed it for the game to survive.
Oh you hit the spot on that comment. I'm old enough to remember having the windows open in school (no screens) and a wasp fly's in and class is in a roar with everybody trying to kill it.