Is there any difference in Pets tamed in Trammel or in Felucca ?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
So Risk vs. Reward is fine for a bunch of things like chopping, mining, powerscrolls and on and on but NOT for taming ?

EXCUSE ME ???
So...you think everything in fel should be better?

*waits for thread complaining that vendors in fel arent returning twice the amount taken in* :sleep2:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
"Risk vs Reward" should have never been used for anything in UO. Period.

That makes more sense.

So, please, whenever discussing anything in Felucca let's END justifying it because of a "Risk vs Reward" argument.

What happens in Felucca has got NOTHING to do with risks on that facet..........

Fair enough ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
1) Tame Uber Pet in Fel
2) Take back to Tram, never to return
3) A lifetime of reward for 2 minutes' risk

And what is the difference if I may ask for getting a number of 120 scrolls and selling them for a (very high) extra price in Trammel ?

Or gather twice as much frostwood or valorite in felucca and sell it for a (very high) extra price in Trammel?

While as a pet trader I can see a lucrative opportunity selling to tamers who never set foot in Fel, it seriously undermines the Risk/Reward equation by giving a perpetual reward for little initial risk.
There is plenty activities in Felucca bringing high rewarding which have hardly any risk if one is in the right Guilds.....

There would not be scripters gathering resources most of the time unharmed in Felucca, otherwise.....
And even in regards to powerscrolls, depending on which Guild one is in, that activity can bear very, but very little risks....

So, please, do not come tell to me that Taming in Felucca should not deserve special rewarding because the risks involved would not be sufficient.

The risk is the Felucca facet ITSELF because of the ruleset, stamina loss and overall dynamics of that facet as compared to the Trammel facet.

If we want to discuss the "Risk vs Reward" argument, given that it is tied to the FACET, therefore no activity performed in Felucca should not bring special rewarding, consequentially.

Otherwise, please let's put the "Risk vs Reward" argument to rest and use it no more to justify what goes on in Felucca.

If so, what happens in Felucca happens for OTHER reasons, not because of the "Risk vs Reward" issue.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Besides one goes to Fel for a specific purpose and taming pets isn't on the menu I think :D

Alright, I will try to explain this the simpliest I can.

We have Trammel. And we have Felucca.

They happen to have DIFFERENT rules.

Trammel has some rules which allow for a more relaxed game play (according to some) while Felucca has more "wild" rules which allow for a more "endangering" game play.

So, the Felucca facet has rules and particular dynamics which are MORE risky for any and all players who happen to set foot there, "regardless of the activity that they may perform.

Be them fighters, crafters, fishermen, tamers, treasure hunters, WHATEVER, for the simple fact that their feet are on the Felucca facet, NOT on the Trammel facet, they face more risk in their activities.

Alright up to now ?

If the above holds true, and we believe in the "Risk vs Reward" argument, since the above holds true and the Felucca facet IS more risky because of its special ruleset and dynamics, then any and ALL activities done there should receive special rewarding and NEVER be like in Trammel.

That is as linear to me as 1 + 1 = 2 and NOT 3.

So, as in regards your comment, Taming SHOULD BE on the Menu as well, and along with taming on the menu should also be all of the other activities when performed in Felucca.

This, or please let's end for good the "Risk vs Reward" justification when talking about anything done in Felucca.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
So...you think everything in fel should be better?

It depends whether or not we want to hold as valid the "Risk vs Reward" argument.

If we do, then yes, by all means any and all activities when done in Felucca should bring special rewarding as compared to trammel.

Otherwise, if not all activities in Felucca are to be wanted as carrying special rewarding even though they are performed on that facet with that special ruleset and dynamics bearing risks for all, then we must necessarily conclude, IMHO, that the "Risk vs Reward" argument is nonsense and not use it any longer to justify what may happen in Felucca.

What happens in Felucca has got NOTHING to do with "Risk vs Reward", should that latter be the case, but happens for other reasons and choices.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 6, 2008
Of course there is a reward for taming in Fel.
You can get a ferret!

S

slavoie

I'm not going to delve down to the depths of trammie vs fel. You can play where YOU want to.

I do think it is a good idea to make pets tamed in Fel either have less stat loss or a bonus few points after tame. Nothing crazy but a little incentive.

Now with that said, there needs to be a place to tame Frenzied ostards in Fel.

Forget about the extra stuff, put a frenzied spawn in fel anyways.

Oh and ya, we forgot about stuff that doesn't spawn in fel, like tok stuff, and ilish stuff.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2009
hiding in your closet
Would it be possible to autolock this guy's threads?
example: Popps hits post, alarm goes off, bang,locked.
10: if poster =popps then 30
20: if poster=/popps then 40
30: autolock
40: post as normal.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Well, then please let's also drop FOR GOOD the whole argument of Felucca and "Risk vs Reward" issues......

Unless ALL activities done in felucca gain an extra bonus for being performed there rather than in trammel, then there is no valid argument that can EVER be used to justify a bonus to any activity in felucca because of a "risk vs reward" issue..........

The risk is tied to the facet, Felucca, because of the particular ruleset, not to the activities.

So, the way I see it, it either is for ALL activities done in felucca that the argument "Risk vs Reward" may be valid (with the consequential bonuses) or for none.
Wanna meet IRL? We'll call the place we meet "Felucca" and I'll punch you in the face - I'll even add in a kick as an "extra bonus". Then you can come back to stratics and whine about how you got PK'd in Fel in a non-consensual fight.

M

maroite

And what's the problem with that? Taming = resource gathering since when?
Since chicken lizards started pooping mah breakfast? :x:dunce:

Wanna meet IRL? We'll call the place we meet "Felucca" and I'll punch you in the face - I'll even add in a kick as an "extra bonus". Then you can come back to stratics and whine about how you got ganked in Fel in a non-consensual fight.
Fixed.