Is there any difference in Pets tamed in Trammel or in Felucca ?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Given all of the talks about the Risk vs. Reward stuff, I was wondering, is there any difference in taming a pet in Trammel or in Felucca like the pet is better in Felucca or since it is more risky it angers less or whatever........

Or it makes no difference on which facet one tames it ?

Thanks.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern USA
Yea...the ones in fel have +5 to every stat.

Thought everyone knew that. :p

/end blatant lies

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
You run the risk of getting pk'd while you're doing it?

Actually the main advantage of taming a nightmare in Felucca is there is less problem with accompanying spawn to have to dodge. I know of no other difference.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Yea...the ones in fel have +5 to every stat.

Thought everyone knew that. :p

/end blatant lies

Is that hyronic or for real ?

If it is for real, what does +5 in every stat exactly mean ?

I mean, pets tamed in Felucca will "exceed" the max possible as compared to the ones tamed in Trammel by +5 in every stat ?

Bottom line is, taming a pet in Felucca yields a better pet than in Trammel because the maxes are above those obtainable in Trammel ?

For example a nightmare according to the pet calculator has the following maxes

- maximum Strength 525 (if tamed in Felucca 530 ?)

- maximum Dexterity 125 (if tamed in Felucca 130 ?)

- maximum Intelligence 125 (if tamed in Felucca 130 ?)

- maximum Hit Points 315 (if tamed in Felucca 320 ?)

- maximum Physical resist 65 (if tamed in Felucca 70 ?)

- maximum Fire resist 40 (if tamed in Felucca 45 ?)

- maximum Cold resist 40 (if tamed in Felucca 45 ?)

- maximum Poison resist 40 (if tamed in Felucca 45 ?)

- maximum Energy resist 30 (if tamed in Felucca 35 ?)

- maximum Wrestling skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

- maximum Tactics skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

- maximum Resist skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

- maximum Anatomy skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

- maximum Magery skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

- maximum Eval Int skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

- maximum Meditation skill 100 (if tamed in Felucca 105 ?)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
You run the risk of getting pk'd while you're doing it?

Actually the main advantage of taming a nightmare in Felucca is there is less problem with accompanying spawn to have to dodge. I know of no other difference.

Well, for the simple fact that it is Felucca the risk DOES is all there........

Now, if there is the risk, as there is, shouldn't there also be the reward ???

D

DVDA

Agreed, Double Boards, Double Ore, Double Sand in Fel

Why not Double Stats? :D

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl

The reward is remaining alive.

Now please stop making these ******** threads.

Thanks.

M

Myna

there is also a risk stepping into a moongate leading to felucca .... i vote for getting a reward when doing so

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
there is also a risk stepping into a moongate leading to felucca .... i vote for getting a reward when doing so
Yep...playing in tram without PKs isnt reward enough, I want a friggin prize everytime I step thru the gate!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
Theres no difference on taming pets. Only that you are having partially different spawns to tame. Like the nightmare in Wind or Covetous, which isnt there on trammel side. So .. I am not shure, if the risk in fel is higher than under trammel ruleset whent aming lets say a nightmare. The chance (and the risk) of getting greeded by a paragon nightmare in Ill seems to me higher than to meet a red player at fel locations. Similar with meeting a paragon greater dragon ... not possible in fel.
Does that mean, pets tamed in Illshenar should be stronger than those from fel or trammel (or malas etc)?

C

Coppelia

The nightmare of Fel Tera Keep is better when you tame it with the balron chasing you. *nod nod*

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
The reward is remaining alive.

Now please stop making these ******** threads.

Thanks.

So Risk vs. Reward is fine for a bunch of things like chopping, mining, powerscrolls and on and on but NOT for taming ?

EXCUSE ME ???

C

Coppelia

And what's the problem with that? Taming = resource gathering since when?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Theres no difference on taming pets. Only that you are having partially different spawns to tame. Like the nightmare in Wind or Covetous, which isnt there on trammel side. So .. I am not shure, if the risk in fel is higher than under trammel ruleset whent aming lets say a nightmare.

Definately the risk in Felucca is all there.

Not only for PvP, but also while in Trammel one can run through NPCs this is not possible in Felucca making the task more risky.

If pets have no difference whether tamed in Trammel or Felucca, and yet, there is more irsk in Felucca well, something is really missing here.......

Does that mean, pets tamed in Illshenar should be stronger than those from fel or trammel (or malas etc)?
Hey, I never bought into that b******t of "risk vs. reward", it is others who often throw it at me.......

Nonetheless, since often people bring "risk vs. reward" up to promote their arguments, well, then WHY THE HELL Taming has no Felucca reward as it surely should given the increased risk as compared to Trammel ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
And what's the problem with that? Taming = resource gathering since when?

Uhu ?

Are you telling me that "risk vs. reward" rightfully should apply to resource gathering in Felucca but NOT to taming in Felucca ?

Hallo ??

C

Coppelia

Uhu ?

Are you telling me that "risk vs. reward" rightfully should apply to resource gathering in Felucca but NOT to taming in Felucca ?

Hallo ??
Hallo? it's been designed exactly like that for years! Where were you? In your cave, your vision blurred by your tears?

D

DVDA

I would be happy with getting .2 per Taming gain in Fel

.1 in Trammel
.2 in Fel

Taming is already hard to 120.0 (I have had my tamer for 9 years and he is only 108), I would train in Fel if when i got my lone gain every 5 hours it was .2 not .1

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Definately the risk in Felucca is all there.

Not only for PvP, but also while in Trammel one can run through NPCs this is not possible in Felucca making the task more risky.

If pets have no difference whether tamed in Trammel or Felucca, and yet, there is more irsk in Felucca well, something is really missing here.......
Well, you don't have to tame pets in Fel so if it's not "worth it" to you, then tame in Tram. If there was a big bonus in taming in Fel, players would start complaining that they "had to PvP to get good pets"

I tame in Fel not for "rewards", but because it's much quieter. I know I'll rarely get interrupted which justifies the "risk" you describe, though IMO it's not exactly the horror of horrors. If all pets were available in Fel, I'd happily tame them with no need for a reward other than the pet itself.

Nonetheless, since often people bring "risk vs. reward" up to promote their arguments, well, then WHY THE HELL Taming has no Felucca reward as it surely should given the increased risk as compared to Trammel ??
I wonder if you start threads like this asking a question so that you then have a point from which to start complaining.

If there were much better pets in Fel I'd bet that you would join the ranks of tamers who would complain that they "have to PvP for something". Instead you're complaining that you want a reward before you'll tame in Fel. Peace and quiet is reward enough, and I don't think that every little thing needs to offer rewards before we do it.

Wenchy

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
I actually think the whole "Risk vs Reward" paradigm a little limited. I think Felucca players jump to it too quickly as an excuse for any change they want.

Take this PvM example: There is a greater risk of dying if someone fights a peerless wearing non-magical exceptional armor than a 70s armor set. Should someone get greater rewards for fighting a peerless in sub-optimal armor sets?

Take this crafting example: There is a much greater risk of breaking an item when enhancing when using a crafter with 60 skill than with 120 skill. Should a newbie crafter be able to make better enhancements than a character with higher skills?

If someone posted either of these extreme examples and said "Risk vs Reward," people would laugh at them. Saying "Risk vs Reward" is not an automatic argument ender.

I brought up the above examples to explain why you need to actually defend your point of view better.

Here is my take. With double fame, resources, and powerscrolls, there is a defined reason to keep doing it. If I mine a few hundred ingots today, that doesn't negate the reason to mine ingots tomorrow. If I farm fame, eventually due to death and fame decay, I will need to do it again. Powerscrolls can be sold, so people don't usually do one champ spawn and stop.

With bonding, people tame the "best" pet they can find once or twice and train it up. While they may have a few pets, they don't keep going back to get more except when training skill. Better pets for Felucca wouldn't bring that many more people in regularly.

Changes to skill gain (including taming) might bring people to Felucca, but I have mixed feelings on that.

B

Beastmaster

I actually think the whole "Risk vs Reward" paradigm a little limited. I think Felucca players jump to it too quickly as an excuse for any change they want.

Take this PvM example: There is a greater risk of dying if someone fights a peerless wearing non-magical exceptional armor than a 70s armor set. Should someone get greater rewards for fighting a peerless in sub-optimal armor sets?

Take this crafting example: There is a much greater risk of breaking an item when enhancing when using a crafter with 60 skill than with 120 skill. Should a newbie crafter be able to make better enhancements than a character with higher skills?

If someone posted either of these extreme examples and said "Risk vs Reward," people would laugh at them. Saying "Risk vs Reward" is not an automatic argument ender.

I brought up the above examples to explain why you need to actually defend your point of view better.

Here is my take. With double fame, resources, and powerscrolls, there is a defined reason to keep doing it. If I mine a few hundred ingots today, that doesn't negate the reason to mine ingots tomorrow. If I farm fame, eventually due to death and fame decay, I will need to do it again. Powerscrolls can be sold, so people don't usually do one champ spawn and stop.

With bonding, people tame the "best" pet they can find once or twice and train it up. While they may have a few pets, they don't keep going back to get more except when training skill. Better pets for Felucca wouldn't bring that many more people in regularly.

Changes to skill gain (including taming) might bring people to Felucca, but I have mixed feelings on that.
This gets my vote as the most intelligent argument ever made on Stratics.

Touché !!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Risk v reward applies to crafting and pvm. The dungeons in Felucca are populated differently, with higher level monsters.

No one, with one notable exception, has ever considered that a benefit should be gained from taming creatures there. I tame nightmares there because of the lack of other spawn, which makes it easier to tame the beast.

Please note when someone ends his post with '/ends blatant lies' it means that all he has posted before that was a blatant lie.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Hallo? it's been designed exactly like that for years! Where were you?

And so what ?

That it may or not have been designed that way is meaningless, IMHO.

"If" Felucca = Risk vs. Reward and this argument is MOST ALWAYS thrown at people to promote one's own agenda well, then I do not see why Taming in felucca should be treated any differently.

Chopping wood or mining ore in Felucca, for one, is nowhere more risky than also taming in Felucca.

Yet, we have this "risk vs. reward" nonsense for chopping and mining but not for taming ?

And that should make any sense ?

Not to me, sorry. Rules should apply 360 degrees across the board, NOT for something yes and something no.

Either there is a Felucca "risk vs. reward" rule that applies to any and ALL activities in felucca or that is nonsense and meaningless.

That is the way I see it.

C

Coppelia

Risk vs Reward is a just catchline, not a design.
They added bonus in Felucca for activities that put valuable items in your backpack, interesting for other players to kill you. There's no use in killing a tamer taming something, so there's no real risk in taming in Fel. Random bored players who PK just because the water is wet don't count as risk.

D

DVDA

They added bonus in Felucca for activities that put valuable items in your backpack, interesting for other players to kill you. There's no use in killing a tamer taming something, so there's no real risk in taming in Fel. Random bored players who PK just because the water is wet don't count as risk.
But if the pet has more skills, it will be more aggressive towards the tamer, making it harder to tame

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004

That is the point I was trying to make.

Felucca is often not riskier than Trammel and yet, some are quick to jump up and bring that "Risk vs. Reward" argument up to protect their source of wealth and richness....

There is scripters who gather much more resources in the same time in felucca (as compared to trammel), unharmed most of the time. Depending whether one is part of the right Guild, life in Felucca can be a walk in the park.....

"Risk vs. Reward" ? Give me a break..........

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
That is the point I was trying to make.

Felucca is often not riskier than Trammel and yet, some are quick to jump up and bring that "Risk vs. Reward" argument up to protect their source of wealth and richness....

There is scripters who gather much more resources in the same time in felucca (as compared to trammel), unharmed most of the time. Depending whether one is part of the right Guild, life in Felucca can be a walk in the park.....

"Risk vs. Reward" ? Give me a break..........
And because "risk vs. reward" obviously does NOT apply to taming pets in Fel and you don't want it to, why don't you just call it a day on this thread and ask Petra to lock it?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004

Catchline, not a design ?

Who was it if not Design who made Powerscrolls only available in Felucca and resource gathering yield more than in Trammel "on the basis" of the "risk vs. reward" argument because they were being done in Felucca with all that Felucca means ?

Ain't perhaps the argument that in Trammel there is MUCH less risk (cough.....) and therefore there cannot be a right to hold Powerscrolls there and resource gathering must yield less ?

Hence, to my opinion it is either of the two : either there is a "Risk vs. Reward" valid argument for Felucca but then ALL activities being done there should have a bonus as compared to Trammel, OR the whole risk vs reward argument is baseless and only used when convenient to promote something wanted like maintaining very rewarding activities such as extra resource gathering and powerscrolls may be.

Now, which is which ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Please note.
If *anyone* turns this into another 'put powerscrolls in tram' rant I will either lock it or move it to speils and rants.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
And because "risk vs. reward" obviously does NOT apply to taming pets in Fel and you don't want it to.....

Wrong.

I want it to, "if" the "Risk vs. Reward" argument for Felucca is to be considered as valid.

Risk vs. Reward is tied to the facet. Since Felucca has open PvP, has stamina loss which means harder walking and not being able to run "though" NPCs it is overall a "riskier" facet.
ALSO for tamers.......

Now, therefore, if the "Risk vs Reward" is to be considered a valid argument than this should be valid for any and all activities being performed in felucca being felucca a riskier facet than Trammel.

1 + 1 can only make 2 NOT 3.............

Otherwise, the whole "Risk vs. reward" argument cannot be brought up only to justify, conveniently, merely "some" particularly rewarding activities that happen to be done in felucca.

That's the way I see it.

C

Coppelia

Catchline, not a design ?

Who was it if not Design who made Powerscrolls only available in Felucca and resource gathering yield more than in Trammel "on the basis" of the "risk vs. reward" argument because they were being done in Felucca with all that Felucca means ?

Ain't perhaps the argument that in Trammel there is MUCH less risk (cough.....) and therefore there cannot be a right to hold Powerscrolls there and resource gathering must yield less ?

Hence, to my opinion it is either of the two : either there is a "Risk vs. Reward" valid argument for Felucca but then ALL activities being done there should have a bonus as compared to Trammel, OR the whole risk vs reward argument is baseless and only used when convenient to promote something wanted like maintaining very rewarding activities such as extra resource gathering and powerscrolls may be.

Now, which is which ?
Powerscrolls in Fel is a design. Double-resources in Fel is another design. "Risk vs Reward" is the catchline to justify them. In UO, taking more risks doesn't mean you'll get more rewards. Thus Risk vs Reward isn't a design.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Please note.
If *anyone* turns this into another 'put powerscrolls in tram' rant I will either lock it or move it to speils and rants.

Certainly not me.

I am merely debating the general issue of "Risk vs. Reward".

I am actually advocating for all activities IN FELUCCA to get a bonus versus Trammel because of the "Risk vs. Reward" argument.

That of course, if the argument is to be considered as valid to start with......

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Nope. If we make a bigger reward for pets being tamed in fel we'll start see a whole lot more complaints about taming being over-powered. Pet's are fine the way they are.

Let's just leave the only difference of pets being tamed in fel being their birth-home :p

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Powerscrolls in Fel is a design. Double-resources in Fel is another design. "Risk vs Reward" is the catchline to justify them. In UO, taking more risks doesn't mean you'll get more rewards. Thus Risk vs Reward isn't a design.

Uhu ? Something does not add up here to me.

Justify only part of the activities when there is risk also in other activities in felucca ?

Sorry, but if that is the case than "Risk vs Reward" should no longer be used to explain those extra bonuses because the risk is implied by being present on the whole facet, Felucca, NOT simply performing those limited activities.

Therefore, any and ALL activities done in felucca should gain a bonus as compared to Trammel, not merely some as wished, so conveniently.......

Otherwise, the "risk vs reward" argument to my opinion can no longer be used as it would not be fair towards other activities, as well risky, still performed in felucca but yielding no bonus whatsoever as compared to similar activities performed in Trammel.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Nope. If we make a bigger reward for pets being tamed in fel we'll start see a whole lot more complaints about taming being over-powered. Pet's are fine the way they are.

Let's just leave the only difference of pets being tamed in fel being their birth-home :p

Well, then please let's also drop FOR GOOD the whole argument of Felucca and "Risk vs Reward" issues......

Unless ALL activities done in felucca gain an extra bonus for being performed there rather than in trammel, then there is no valid argument that can EVER be used to justify a bonus to any activity in felucca because of a "risk vs reward" issue..........

The risk is tied to the facet, Felucca, because of the particular ruleset, not to the activities.

So, the way I see it, it either is for ALL activities done in felucca that the argument "Risk vs Reward" may be valid (with the consequential bonuses) or for none.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Well there's the option to **** someone up if they're interfering, instead of having to just deal with it like in Tram.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Unless ALL activities done in felucca gain an extra bonus for being performed there rather than in trammel, then there is no valid argument that can EVER be used to justify a bonus to any activity in felucca because of a "risk vs reward" issue..........

The risk is tied to the facet, Felucca, because of the particular ruleset, not to the activities.

So, the way I see it, it either is for ALL activities done in felucca that the argument "Risk vs Reward" may be valid (with the consequential bonuses) or for none.
Someone needs to take a breather, getting all worked up over such a little thing.

Although I have no problem with removing the bonuses you get for doing stuff in fel.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Agreed, Double Boards, Double Ore, Double Sand in Fel

Why not Double Stats? :D
Because the fact is there is the double of the number of the pets in Fel vs Tram. In short Destard has 5 Greater Dragons, Fel has 10. You have twice the chance of finding a good pet.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Because the fact is there is the double of the number of the pets in Fel vs Tram. In short Destard has 5 Greater Dragons, Fel has 10. You have twice the chance of finding a good pet.

How so when simply killing the 5 GDs in Trammel get 5 more to spawn right away giving to any tamer endless possibilities to find that perfect pet they wish to find ?

Sorry, but tha's not a difference worthy of the extra risk of the Felucca facet because of its special ruleset....

That is, the "reward" is entirely not adequate to the "risk" involved "if" the risk is tied to the special ruleset and dynamics of the Felucca facet.........

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
How so when simply killing the 5 GDs in Trammel get 5 more to spawn right away giving to any tamer endless possibilities to find that perfect pet they wish to find ?

Sorry, but tha's not a difference worthy of the extra risk of the Felucca facet because of its special ruleset....

That is, the "reward" is entirely not adequate to the "risk" involved "if" the risk is tied to the special ruleset and dynamics of the Felucca facet.........
*Shrug* It is your right to believe that, but Dble the number of Greater Dragons is exactly the same as double the amount of ore, wood etc you get from Fel.

And I supose it may escape your notice but there are no Wyverns in Destard Fel, they are all Dragons and of course that means the spawn in Destard is double the spawn of Tram. Some may feel this is ... some what more dangerous.

Of course I could only point this out to you because you posted it in UHall :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
*Shrug* It is your right to believe that, but Dble the number of Greater Dragons is exactly the same as double the amount of ore, wood etc you get from Fel.

And you think that "reward" is even remotely comparable to the "reward" balancing the felucca "risk" of having powerscrolls in felucca ?

If the "risk" is inherent -as it is-, to the felucca facet because of the ruleset, stamina loss and particular dynamics of that facet, well, then the risk is THE SAME for any and all activities done in felucca regardless from the template that may perform them.

If so, how come that the bonus (reward...) for the SAME risk is much greater for fighters in Felucca than for tamers, or resource gatherers, or crafters and so on ?

They ALL have the SAME risk for adventuring in that particular ruleset and YET, some enjoy a MUCH greater reward.......?

Nope, definately something does not add up here to me........

Of course this, "if" we want to believe in the "Risk vs. Reward" argument in the first place......

If we don't, well, then it is an entirely different story.......

D

Deb

And here is another thread of "Popps" just to start trouble. Of course
there is no difference in taming in Tram vs Fel? Why should there be? As
far as the other perks it has been that way for years. Don't like it? Tough
deal with it and like other posters have said "Why do you play UO OR do
you even play?" And why your threads do not go to SNR Forum is beyond
me as they are almost always a rant of some sorts. And usually some sort of
silly question just to start arguments.
Why not start a debate about powerscrolls being put in Tram? Geezzz

C

Coppelia

Sorry, but if that is the case than "Risk vs Reward" should no longer be used to explain those extra bonuses because the risk is implied by being present on the whole facet, Felucca, NOT simply performing those limited activities.
"Risk vs Reward" should have never been used for anything in UO. Period.
You're starting to understand.

H

Heartseeker

And here is another thread of "Popps" just to start trouble. Of course
there is no difference in taming in Tram vs Fel? Why should there be? As
far as the other perks it has been that way for years. Don't like it? Tough
deal with it and like other posters have said "Why do you play UO OR do
you even play?" And why your threads do not go to SNR Forum is beyond
me as they are almost always a rant of some sorts. And usually some sort of
silly question just to start arguments.
Why not start a debate about powerscrolls being put in Tram? Geezzz
Agreed.

Popps is a disinfo agent or shill.

He can't be real.

This guys starts thread after thread to get people to argue.

This last thread is beyond ********.

You enjoying yourself Popps?

F

Fink

So Risk vs. Reward is fine for a bunch of things like chopping, mining, powerscrolls and on and on but NOT for taming ?

EXCUSE ME ???
1) Tame Uber Pet in Fel
2) Take back to Tram, never to return
3) A lifetime of reward for 2 minutes' risk

While as a pet trader I can see a lucrative opportunity selling to tamers who never set foot in Fel, it seriously undermines the Risk/Reward equation by giving a perpetual reward for little initial risk.

G

Gladius

Errr why take risks (hic), when you can always get one without any?

Besides one goes to
Fel for a specific purpose and taming pets isn't on the menu I think :D

As far as rewards are concerned at Fel YOU are it!

-G-