• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it just Me?

G

Or did Fran just become a MOD or Has she always been? Or Did the lime Light that is Called Chango always draw attention away from Fran? Anwsers please!!!!!

G

She has accepted a shield for Chef and Bard forums. T'is true.

I

imported_Fran Fury

It's a new thing.

I am very happy to let Chango take any attention off me though.
He is so much better at it.

G

Well then Congrats!!!! and one last thing

Jana of MHC rules!!!!!!

I

imported_Fran Fury

Thank you both! Chango got a mod shield too lol

Speaking of Jana...I need to get in touch with her. She did indeed break the shard biggest fish record (Sorry again AZ) and being a woman of my word I have the extra bonus for her. Plus the fishers want a screenie over on the fisher forum to list her as the new leader for Lake Austin.

C

Chango Pelon

CHANGO!CHANGO!
CHANGO!CHANGO!
CHANGO!CHANGO!
CHANGO!CHANGO!
CHANGO!CHANGO!
CHANGO!CHANGO!

G

Ummm, Ty? Why are you here? So far this thread has all shields EXCEPT you! Wanna volunteer and make it unanimous?

I

imported_tek

<blockquote><hr>

Ummm, Ty? Why are you here? So far this thread has all shields EXCEPT you! Wanna volunteer and make it unanimous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure Ty go for it apparently they give them out to anybody, maybe even you!!!

G

If I became a Mod I wouldnt have the enjoyment of trying to get some threads locked by what i say. That means I would have to behave all the time and that just wouldnt be fun. Oh no NO MOD for me!!!!! No flaming Slack or Tek just aint living then!!!!

And Tek ConGrats on The MODship for the IGoTPwNdByMoNgBaTs Forums!!!!

I

imported_tek

You couldn’t pay me to be a mod on Stratics - you know how many posters are jackasses like Tycolby? And don’t even get me started on Slack…tard…..

S

Slacktard

<blockquote><hr>

You couldn’t pay me to be a mod on Stratics - you know how many posters are jackasses like Tycolby? And don’t even get me started on Slack…tard…..

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you guys too!

G

trust me ... you folks - even Slack are mild compared to a couple I've crossed paths with here - even as non-Mod. wellllll ... at least ya behave in here.

S

Slacktard

<blockquote><hr>

trust me ... you folks - even Slack are mild compared to a couple I've crossed paths with here - even as non-Mod. wellllll ... at least ya behave in here.

[/ QUOTE ]
MILD eh??
I think we need to visit a different forum fellers.........
*puts on dumber than usual hat*

G

Dang Slack I will not have you stealing Tek's Hat of lowering IQ -120 any longer!! * grabs Stupid stick and beats another hat into submission* Here you go we all got one now!!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, if I keep this up I might end up with a shield too -

Out of a fit of madness I just wrote a new Blacksmithing Guide for Stratics, and sent an e-mail to Xena to see if she wants me to submit it.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Sounds like you belong with us, I believe madness is the only real qualification.

I

imported_raider red

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure Ty go for it apparently they give them out to anybody, maybe even you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure let ty become a moderator and the you will ALL feel the power of TEXAS JUSTICE,not that lame stuff you see on Walker.

G

guy? I thought it was a gadget that allowed old folks like me to get around better.

huh.

C

Cherri1980

HEHE !! Just let me know Fran when and where to meet you. You can PM me here or through my ICQ 223-590-947. I also put my VOTE in for TYCOLBY moderator !!!.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lord British wears Chuck Norris underwear....

G

Xena is a he

And yep, we are working on what you sent in - should be up soon. Thank you very much for putting that together and sending it to us!

G

;-Þ

Found that out after a) I asked someone else and b) relied on THEIR info to be correct! &lt;chuckle&gt;

G

No worries!

Just wanted to make sure it was known we are working on getting this info on the site, and that stuff sent in doesn't just go to some deserted mail box somewhere hehe

G

does this side trip constitute a mod hijack of Fran's moment of glory? If so, let's keep it going!

&lt;dodges swipe withe the Invulnerable Rolling Pin of Mod-Squashing&gt;

I

imported_Fran Fury

Yes lets please stay on topic!

It's all about me me me!

G

wow...hehe...glad I thought to refresh before I posted what I was typing up

So yeah you guys...no hijacking allowed!

And a belated welcome Fran

G

&lt;snaps fingers&gt; Ratz ... and we were doing so well, too! &lt;sigh&gt;

Back to the ole drawing board I guess.

G

I suppose we *could* go to Fran's forums and post stuffs so she could Mod us up a bit

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You gotta love how popular culture has skewed what names are what...

For example A TV show can have one automatically assuming a handle with no obvious gender assignment is female (though I think that the proper masculine version of the name would be Xeno, if you actually went by ancient Greek).

Or for that matter, my personal pet peeve for character names are all these guys (mostly PvPers) named Artemis, thanks to Bob Salvatore. Artemis is a VIRGINAL GODDESS OF THE HUNT! (well, at least in most incarnations - one area in Asia Minor had her as a earth goddess type after assigning to her the backstory of their prior mother goddess before the Greeks moved in).

But, should I really speak? My spellcasters are all female, I'm male, and half my alliance calls me by the female characters' name, probably not knowing any better.

G

I agree 100% Basara - names have been skewed by culture for sure. I actually did not know that about the name Artemis - now I have to google and learn more

One name we have no doubt about though....and that's the name Fran Fury, newest Mod for the UO Stratics forums!

(nice CYA maneuver, eh?)

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

(nice CYA maneuver, eh?)

[/ QUOTE ] That's why you are so good at what you do and why I'm NOT a mod! LOL

Congrats again, Fran!

I

imported_Fran Fury

*closes door to chef and bard forums*
No need to go in there guys...really.

Although there is no doubt about Fran Fury being a female name it was actually Chango who created her. I just took her over when I started playing.
Be amazed at how many still call her sir though.
Chango isn't really a monkey like his name implies though. Well... nm

Thank you again for the welcome to the land of the insane. You don't really have to talk about me though.

G

** looks at the closed door to Chef Forum **

No midnight munchie runs, huh? &lt;sigh&gt; You are one hard taskmistress! &lt;whimper&gt;

Hey, nuttin' but love for ya in the new and insane position you now hold. May your forums be blessed with the neat folks like I have in PQ&amp;A!

G

All we need now to complete this thread is a Pic of Fran from the Nanny!!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then how about her (much younger) character from "This is Spinal Tap"?