• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Virtuoso's Armor?

C

Cyric_SP

Can this armor set be imbued at all? Would be real nice if it was mage armor so you could med in it. Not even sure if that is able to be put on to begin with.

Anyone know?

C

Cyric_SP

That's a sweet suit you linked. Makes me want to do that to mine. Unfortunately I don't know much about imbuing since I've only returned a few weeks ago. I started working it on my crafter and he's only up to 61. I do have the imbuing mats since I've been digging up tmaps, usually get mats in every chest.

So how high should I get my imbuing before attempting this? I did get the 120 PS for it already, just a matter of getting off my butt and working the skill.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if its anything needing relics your gonna need to be high end.

also, the higher you are the better your % of success.
also, youll need to have access to the queens soul forge and be a garg (if you want the best of the best % of success)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I'd post my Bard's modified Virtuoso Suit and some comments...
So here's the suit:

First the Tunic: It is a MUST to put Mage Armor on this one piece, or your passive MR is gone !

Comments: As I mentioned above, it is essential that Mage Armor be added to the Tunic. As you will note, the one Imbue that is put on ALL pieces is 2x MR. Since this suit will no-doubt be used in conjunction with the Bard Mastery's, having as much MR as possible is desired.

Beyond those 2 things, you can Imbue yours with whatever you need considering what Resists/etc... are on your other 2 slots (legs & arms) and your jewelry. I put luck on mine, but now wish I hadn't (and am going to get another suit and Imbue it differently regarding luck). Since "luck" is calculated upon the mob's death, I'll opt to use UOAssist's macro's to switch out my "barding suit" for my "luck suit" right before death. I'll be switching that "luck" imbue to LMC, as that will let me probably keep both Provo mastery's running constantly...

Costs that are important are the 10 Seeds of Renewal needed for the 2x MR on each piece, and 5 Relic frags & 10 Essence of Order for each 8% max LMC on each piece.

By doing these 2 imbues first, you should be able to keep your costs to a minimum...

And finally, any of you Bards on Pacific are welcome to PM me if you need Imbue's done... I'll be happy to do yours at cost...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
[YOUTUBE]TAryFIuRxmQ[/YOUTUBE]

at the fire hall we do this when someone does something real good.

that imbue break down is by far the best ive seen.

so ill give ya the Wiser's Clap to show my appreciation for a job well done.
AND i voted the thread 5 stars.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[youtube]TAryFIuRxmQ[/youtube]

at the fire hall we do this when someone does something real good.

that imbue break down is by far the best ive seen.

so ill give ya the Wiser's Clap to show my appreciation for a job well done.
AND i voted the thread 5 starts.
Poo, you just made me LMAO !!!!!!

Thx for the compliment.... We bards need to stick together....

:thumbsup:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my first post here in this thread, I mentioned that I was going to Imbue another Virtuoso Suit (yes, I had lots of clean-up points to spare) that did NOT Imbue any luck (since I'll us UOAssist to "swap suits" right before the Mob dies) - so, now that it's done, I thought I'd post it here too...

So here goes: (I'll do it in 2 consecutive posts because of the number of images)...

I'll start with my "naked" Bard to make a special note regarding a fact that you MUST consider when factoring Resists for an ELF (they start with MINUS 12 Physical Resist)...

Here's what I did with the Chest and Neck pieces:

And the Head and Hands pieces:

Here's the Resists total for the 4 piece Imbued suit:

***** Continued in the post below ****

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Continued from post above ^^^^:

Here's the Arms and Legs I added to the 4 piece Virtuoso suit:

Now, here's the full 6 piece suit, before any jewelry, etc... Notice that he's All 70's already,
so you can focus your attention on "other" things that YOU might need to complete your suit.

Here's what I added to the 6 piece suit:

And finally, the complete outfit with all additional properties:

It's been FUN to make this suit, and can't WAIT to get out and try it ! I have NO DOUBT that I'll be able to hold both Mastery's running virtually constantly with it!!!

And my offer stands for any of you on Pacific... I'll be happy to have my Imbuer make one for you at cost...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I should point out what the Wiki says regarding Mana Regen:

There is no cap on the amount of Mana Regeneration a character can have. However, the property is subject to "diminishing returns," meaning that each 1 MR added onto a suit will have less and less of an impact. It will always add something to a character's mana regeneration rate, but each 1 point will mean less and less. The "hard cap" was removed, and diminishing returns introduced, in Publish 46.
I'm adding this to any of you who looked at things like the Conjurer's Garb or Boomstick and became instantly disheartened at the costs... You DON'T REALLY NEED THEM to be very, very effective.....

Just sayin........

:pint:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
while there is no HARD CAP, the diminishing returns make going past 30 pointless.

you gain nothing past 30 MR.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while there is no HARD CAP, the diminishing returns make going past 30 pointless.

you can nothing past 30 MR.
Hell, I'd just love to know how the heck you can even GET to 30... You're makin me LMAO here Poo....

Come on, POST your outfit - you devil....

:eyes:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
normal imbued suit.
9MR SC shield
9MR SC sword

actually, my mage suit is like 46 MR, its just stupid silly high

that is all that i looked for in shame when i went was a ring and watch with MR and a SC shield and one handed weapon with MR

at the end of the day i think all i did for my main bard was i picked up a MR 9 staff with -15 magic, and a MR ring, other then that i didnt alter my suit at all.
got me over 30 right there.

with those shame loot (and now wrong) going up to MR 9 you can pretty much get to cap with 3 items. its sick, but i like it!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....with those shame loot (and now wrong) going up to MR 9 you can pretty much get to cap with 3 items. its sick, but i like it!
I figured the new loot had to figure in there somewhere...
:thumbsup:

C

Cyric_SP

Startle, thx alot for going over your entire suit and how you spec'd it out. Gives me somewhere to start with mine. Both my bards are human, so that should make getting the resists set up a bit easier. I already have 3 boomsticks from before I left back in 2007.

I am converting one of my bards over to an archer/bard from a mage/bard. My imbuer is only 110, but managed to pull off this bow for him. With the HLD and ML on it, I should be able to keep my mastery going for a decent amount of time.

Now I just need to get the ingredients for the rest of the suit so I can get that done.

Lavits

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my first post here in this thread, I mentioned that I was going to Imbue another Virtuoso Suit (yes, I had lots of clean-up points to spare) that did NOT Imbue any luck (since I'll us UOAssist to "swap suits" right before the Mob dies) - so, now that it's done, I thought I'd post it here too...

So here goes: (I'll do it in 2 consecutive posts because of the number of images)...

I'll start with my "naked" Bard to make a special note regarding a fact that you MUST consider when factoring Resists for an ELF (they start with MINUS 12 Physical Resist)...
Check with a GM about the -12 physical resist I believe that is a bug, I have checked several of my elves and none of them have a -12 physical on them. I checked with/without Resisting Spells on them.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you probably have Protection spell on.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
protection with reflect and reactive?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Check with a GM about the -12 physical resist I believe that is a bug, I have checked several of my elves and none of them have a -12 physical on them. I checked with/without Resisting Spells on them.
ya, that is strange, cause elfs do not start with -12 phy resists.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and yes, as a matter of fact i AM riding that cu sidhe naked.

dosnt everyone?

E

elspeth

My question is why did you take LMC up to 55% as I'm pretty certain this one is capped at 40% in all situations?

And also I agree with Poo, nice way of displaying what you did. :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And also I agree with Poo
did you ever imagine in your life you would say that sentence?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone reading this thread in the future please accept my apology for my mistaken information regarding Elf "naked" resistances. As you can see by the pic below, it shows my Elf with -12 Physical resistance. I have absolutely NO idea what caused this (since I did look at my "Buff Bar" and it showed nothing). I can only guess that I was "under the influence" of "some" effect that did not show up there.

Here's the pic of the same Elf taken today, and it shows Physical resist at 0 when "naked". I am embarrassed by my assumption that Elves begin with this resist, when they apparently do not. Sorry people... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First the Tunic: It is a MUST to put Mage Armor on this one piece, or your passive MR is gone !

Not true from what I can tell on Test center. You will kill your active meditation, (When you use the skill,) but the passive I can see no noticeable difference with a non-medable piece of equipment.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think she meant active MR.
you can never kill your passive MR.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I followed instructions in another thread to craft pieces with very low fire resist - mine both have 6 fire, I crafted in barbed leather, which gave me pretty good resists in the other elements.

Tunic imbued with Mage Armor, lrc 17 MR2. All other pieces lrc 17, MR2, LMC 8. Which leaves 2 imbues per piece to balance up the resists - keeping in mind you only have 450 points to play with on the virtuoso pieces.

I then reforged and imbued a shield MR4, spell channel -1fc ( the -1 is balanced out by fc1 on my spellbook). When I cast a barding mastery I switch out the spellbook for a reforged dagger MR6 SR6 - it's brittle, can't be repaired and isn't SC, but I don't cast while running the mastery and I'm not hitting things with it, so I expect it to last quite a while.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a non-med-armor you loose way more than your ability to meditate activly, but roughly a third of your passive mana reg too. According to this mana reg formula post by Phoenix_Mystic of 2010 (found via UOGuides Mana reg page). (If those infos are up to date and i understand them right)
You loose the meditation regeneration bonus, as Phoenix Name described it there:
3A> Let Meditation Bonus be 0.0075 * Meditation Skill + 0.0025 * Intelligence Attribute
3B> If your Meditation Skill is GM or above, multiple Meditation Bonus by 1.1

Add your Meditation Bonus only if you're not wearing non-meddable armor
Check Phoenix thread for a math example.

While rarly meditating actively, i want the full passiv reg. So i guess Mage Armor is important here.

Last edited:

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the Folks looking into this thread to get a clue about how to imbue the virtuoso armor, expecially the mage armor property:
As of Publish 81: "Mage armor has been removed from imbuing, reforging, and enhancing. Armor now can be converted to and from Mage Armor by paying a Mage guild master 250,000 gold. Applying mage armor is still subject to the armor not having more than four properties or not being an artifact. Mage Armor now has an imbuing weight of zero."

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the suit I just made for my 4x120 Bard. Yeah, I could have tweaked it out a bit more, but got tired of messing with it. :)

LMC 40
LRC 100
MR 26
MI 33
INT 28 (so, effective 61 MI)
HPI 25
FC 2
FCR 6
All 70s resist