• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing clarification

B

Beastmaster

since sc automatically comes with -1, does a weapon with sc 0 count as 200% intensity?
Correct, "SC" + "FC 0" is two properties at 100%, ie 200% total.
So no SC = 0, SC = 100%
FC-1 = 0, FC 0 = 100%

What does FC 1 = ?

I searched this thread over and cannot find any quote from Leurocian on this one. Yes I know FC1 and SC do not spawn together, but to treat them as "two properties" would mean the FC 1 with no SC would have to be greater than 100%.

D

DarkScripture

As I stated a few posts back, I really think we need a simple chart with all mods. I posted a list Stratics has that we just need intensity values and a spread sheet.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So no SC = 0, SC = 100%
FC-1 = 0, FC 0 = 100%

What does FC 1 = ?

I searched this thread over and cannot find any quote from Leurocian on this one. Yes I know FC1 and SC do not spawn together, but to treat them as "two properties" would mean the FC 1 with no SC would have to be greater than 100%.
Spell channeling comes with FC-1. It's part of the mod. When you get an item with SC and no FC-1 it means the item rolled FC1 as well. Hence that's 200% total in intensity. On a weap with no spell channeling and FC1, the FC1 alone is 100% intensity.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's actually common sense so you "prove it" to yourself and go craft with some runics and count mods.

B

Beastmaster

The point is, Leurocian needs to state what his intensities will be for these cases. Up to now he has not. And a few folks sharing their views here as the gospel of how it is does not make it so.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not feeling too worried about what the exact values are ... I'm expecting that I will just bulk unravel anything and everything I find on corpses without even looking. But I suppose there will be some who want to carefully filter through in search of only the highest-end items.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd really like to learn how to interpret armour resists as pertain to unravelling value.

I've been collecting jewels and weapons, generally simpler to understand. I gather for armour you need to know the base resists of the piece and work from there. I know where to find base resists tables, but I need some guidance regarding where to go from there. Can someone please explain it in relatively simple terms?

I all but vetoed crafting post-AoS when things went mathematical, but I really want to be prepared for and involved in this next crafting revolution.
The way I see it. We know if something has pile of mods on it or not. We know if they are good group that compliment our needs or not. The question is answered there if its a keeper and has room for another mod or just one adjusted. Thing is we'll be tearing a butt load of stuff apart so we can Imbued others. Not to imbued for max but to tip it over to a higher level to unravel. I see us doing a load of tedious Imbueding to get from 25 skill to 120 leg. True the need to know if an item needs low or med ingredient to put it over 400% with a 5th mod.

And to those that think all those runics out their will be mute with imbueding are way off. Think of all the uber junk they can make to unravel for third tier ingredients. And the big question is will an iron sami plate piece done with a val going to have a free 100% tacted on with 5 mods for mage armor? And also does the rare ore used to make jewelry mean it will not be imbuedable?

F

Fink

And also does the rare ore used to make jewelry mean it will not be imbuedable?
I heard yes, meaning my excellent verite Ecru Citrine Ring is doomed to remain merely excellent. Fortunately I can craft more Ecru rings and Imbue those. I'll keep the verite one in my chest of keepsakes as it was my first EP ring and best one to date.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same boat. I have a 13tame 2MR 15 pioson resist bracelet made from val. Most times I used verite just so the customs stand out. Not like they get anything from ore type but color. Guess something the code mages have time for and thats ok. Cleaning out the fool script miner vendors of gems for a while now. All the duped stuff out there have nothing much else to spend gold on thats honest.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this looks like a job for ...*dramatic pause* ... ITEM ID!
Maplestone the Seer:) Just saw on the FoF that lecurion (sp?) says Item ID skill will be used by Artificers to predict what ingreds an item will produce when unravelled ...

With Articier and Mysticism and now Item ID (300-340 skill points), I believe my Garg crafter will be a standalone craftsman and my other crafties will stay as they are ...

:::Off to make a "throwaway char" on my extra slot I bought, so I can start the tedious tarining of Item ID from a 50 skill point start...

S

somoka

i think the item id is a waste of 100 skill points if all it does is "predict" the outcome of unraveling an item. just simply look at the item and you can tell what you'll receive. they should buff the skill to actually make it useful.

D

DarkScripture

A waste I agree if that is all. Should be a very nice boost to players that invest 100 points.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a mage, i do not use weapons, whats in this for me?
Armour - 5 pieces of LMC 8, LRC 20, MR 2 pieces with decent resists. Use HOM for head slot?

Or move the 2 of the LMC and LRC properties to your jewels to equip other arty armour.

If you are really brave and incredibly rich, make a ton of LMC 8, LRC 20, MR 2, 100 luck, +15 resist, then enhance with spined leather and pray that at least 1 attempt is sucessful...

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leurocian,can we unravel items such as dungeon artifacts,ML drop items, doom artifacts or ToT items?
If I understood the townhall notes (I wasn't there), you can't.

I think you should be able to unravel artifacts, but not imbue them. That would make garbage lesser arties have a value without the need for community collections periodically.
I'm sorry if this has been explored more since the first page.

Has this been looked at more? Perhaps a gm or better artificer might have a small chance at unraveling minor artifacts and/or risk destroying the item in the process? It would guarantee value for older added systems of drops.

Perhaps something scaled like the formula for enhancement with bonuses given for skill in the primary creation crafting skill? For example to unravel a violet courage I would need to be at least gm artificer but would have a small but appreciably better chance if I were legendary artificer, legendary blacksmith, and would help if I also have item id skill?

S

somoka

i have yet another question...

let's say i have the following weapon;

hit harm 48
hit lower defense 50
faster casting 1
swing speed increase 30
damage increase 55 (since the bonus will count as an item property)

unraveling - would the +5 bonus from arms lore bonus on di add +10% to total intensity since (di * 2) = intensity %? if so, then total intensity for the item would be 506?

imbuing - how would be the difference, resource wise, if i wanted to simply bump harm to 50% or change it to hit fireball 50%?

M

Mythic

I apalogize if this has already come up but 300+ posts is a lot to dig threw.

But what of these invasion weapons, so far they cant be enhanced, but can they be imbued?

A
50 Lightning
50 HML
Balanced
50 SSI
50 DI
Comp, Xbox, Heavy, whatever your choice may be seems a little extreme if you ask me.
Add in another 10 ssi from that helm or some jewelry or casting divine fury on a toon with 150 plus stamina and your firing that comp at an insane 1.5 or better(dammed rounding always confuses me, comes out to about 5.67 ticks if anyone knows wether thats 1.5 or 1.25 cool). If they where enhanceable you could just throw that extra 10 ssi on it with the ash after the fact. Of course you would Pof it up to the cap before ya did anything though.

Im excited at the possibilities but also worried at the same time, I guess we will see.

F

Fink

i think the item id is a waste of 100 skill points if all it does is "predict" the outcome of unraveling an item. just simply look at the item and you can tell what you'll receive. they should buff the skill to actually make it useful.
I say an intensity point bonus, say 25-50% for GM Item ID, stacked on top of whatever you're unraveling. Arms Lore gives you a bonus for making, Item ID could give a bonus for un-making.

Item ID really needs to do more than "predict" what the unraveling outcome is, when you can simply go ahead and do it and find out anyway.

Plus, someone will no doubt work out the math and post a guide within a week of SA going live, as what happens with all other trade skills, bulk orders, etc.

S

somoka

I say an intensity point bonus, say 25-50% for GM Item ID, stacked on top of whatever you're unraveling. Arms Lore gives you a bonus for making, Item ID could give a bonus for un-making.

Item ID really needs to do more than "predict" what the unraveling outcome is, when you can simply go ahead and do it and find out anyway.

Plus, someone will no doubt work out the math and post a guide within a week of SA going live, as what happens with all other trade skills, bulk orders, etc.
i totally agree. some sort of bonus and i'm in. seems pointless to make a pointless skill just as pointless as it was. pointless...

it's easy to figure out the intensity of a property (property intensity / max item property intensity) * 100 all it takes is actually taking the few minutes away from playing to go any number of sites to find out about item properties and what not... the only thing that should throw someone off is the variable hit mana & life leech, which depends on weapon speed and ssi of the weapon.

soooo... i have another question. if i unravel an item with 420% intensity and an item with 575% intensity (runic stuff), will i receive more resources for the latter of the two items?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I apalogize if this has already come up but 300+ posts is a lot to dig threw.

But what of these invasion weapons, so far they cant be enhanced, but can they be imbued?

A
50 Lightning
50 HML
Balanced
50 SSI
50 DI
Comp, Xbox, Heavy, whatever your choice may be seems a little extreme if you ask me.
Add in another 10 ssi from that helm or some jewelry or casting divine fury on a toon with 150 plus stamina and your firing that comp at an insane 1.5 or better(dammed rounding always confuses me, comes out to about 5.67 ticks if anyone knows wether thats 1.5 or 1.25 cool). If they where enhanceable you could just throw that extra 10 ssi on it with the ash after the fact. Of course you would Pof it up to the cap before ya did anything though.

Im excited at the possibilities but also worried at the same time, I guess we will see.
So far only things that can be enhanced or smelted can be Imbued for weapons and armor. Those invasion weapons can niether be enhanced or imbued so I'd not worry. The wands are the only out there item.

What you need to realize is that someone can make a weapon like that bow with a runic and normal wood uglier.

50% Lightning
50% HML
BALANCED
30% SSI ------ 40% SSI if it survives enhancing as the last adjustment to it ever.
40%DI -------- Replaced by 50% Fire Area or HLD or HLA

Powder the weapon up to 255 durability. Use Imbueding to remove the DI because the suit can cover the 100% DI

Yes and there is the 5% SSI braclet and throught Imbueding could have 15HCI 25DI and two more mods left to fill the makers choice mods. Same could be said of the 4 mods to the 30POT ring. That be 50DI on jewels. 10DI Quiver. 20DI Primer. Means DI gloves or two Heartwood enhanced wood plate with 5 choice imbued mods each to cover the last 20DI. With 30 HCI on the jewels just need the hunters or spirit for the head.

H

Hopeful

Call me lazy but I cant read anymore tonight. I have a question thats probably answered somewhere in here .
Please tell me...
Do the original items (iron,wood or leather based) have to have 5 property slots in order to Imbue 5 slots? or can they be added? Must the original item have 100% intensity in a slot to replace it with another 100% property?
I had a Heavy Crossbow drop in my bag after killing something recently.
It has 50 ssi on it with 33 hld(plain wood). My fletcher is low skill so I dont know if it is possible to get this high ssi on a HCB I make.
I promise Ill read more tommorow ;). thx ...

S

somoka

hopeful, that heavyx that dropped in your bag is an invasion item, which can't be imbued. as far as the five slot question, from my understanding, you can only have five item property slots on the item which you can alter as you see fit (as long as you have the resources). that's not including the base properties of the item, i believe. i think the question about the mage armor property on the ninja platemail armor is unanswered though.

jebus, too much typing, not enough playing...

H

Hopeful

Aww man... not another class of stuff that I know nothing about.Invasion items? I just thought there was a bump to items since I was killing higher end monsters.(killed a few generals one on one) I got a nice spellbook too (better than my scrappers IMO). Ive been stocking up on stuff to imbue and I think most are from the invasions. Shame on me for not being up to speed.
Can these items be enhanced at least? I havent done that since I failed and lost 10 of 10 nice items in a row (while having a decent understanding of how this works thanks to many of the people that post).
oooops I see the post a few above mine mentions that they cannot be enhanced.
Are the items looted from these invasions affected the same way? or does this apply only to items directly placed in my bag after I defeat a monster?
I have so much mixed together right now for unraveling/imbueing I dont know where it all came from. Is there a way to tell them apart other than my mouth watering over their potentail?
Right now I have a big bag of dreams .... please dont crush them :(.

I have to STUDY now. No time for gaming tonight. If anyone could let me know the super secret handshake for access to the latest info I promise I wont tell :) . THX alot.

F

Fink

Aww man... not another class of stuff that I know nothing about.Invasion items? ... Is there a way to tell them apart other than my mouth watering over their potentail?
Sounds like a job for Item ID!

H

Hopeful

I hope once Item ID is changed youll have too use it on all the new versions of weapons. As long as the new stuff is as nice as Ive seen from the invasions I have NP giving up 100 points to figure out their intensity. It would feel a bit more old school too. Coming home after a nights work.... leaving a bag of goodies for my crafter to ID and sort the next day.... (christmas morning all year round ) ... picking the good stuff out .... dusting off the old ID wand so my warrior can get a look.... but thats just me.
Maybe the current invasion items will become Imbueable/enhancable (these might not be the right words) after the gam e machanics are changed. Either way I have 200 lockdowns left in my house and Ill keep hording the good stuff.
I just hope it doesnt become tied into some adventurer/melee templates making it neccessary to gain benefit from it.

F

Fink

So far only things that can be enhanced or smelted can be Imbued for weapons and armor.
I'd be fine with that - if all the items that should be enhanceable/smeltable (or even craftable) were made so.

As is, one of my main characters uses pitchforks and orc masks exclusively. Neither are craftable, enhanceable or smeltable. My current and only option is to use looted items. I was holding out for SA so I could get the properties I wanted on the items I wanted, but it's not looking good for old Pigsy.

I was hoping Imbuing would make those "oddball" weapons and armours viable. I'd love nothing more than a functional 'invasion suit', or LRC daemon bone.

Can we have some developer clarification on this? Just want to know the intention of restricting the Imbue-able list to smeltables, and will those orphaned weapons be added at some point.

H

Hopeful

I have alot of cool pitchforks that are 100% intensity and a few I think are slayers not sure. I do have a slayer skinningknife that I used to train and kill my first Ogrelord :). I have killer smith hammers.
I think they should make more items Imbueable.
Like a goblet. Monks robe. Tools. Arrows.
The ablity to craft more powerful TOOLS would really be helpful. Imagine that golden smith hammer actually worked? The GM fletchers tool imbued to give ash property on reg wood bow? Something to offset the dependency on the (imo)horrible quests and the high odds of receiving a runic at all.

Fink.... Are you telling me I should ID the stuff I have now? Or are you making a suggestion to the dev team ?
I tried to ID them but Im at low level skill and unsure once I did so that the message was relevant.
Also, do you know of changes to max durablity? Currently I must repair my all 255/255 suit every time I play. I know things will break eventually but I think this may be a bit too fast. Thanks for the responses.

F

Fink

Fink.... Are you telling me I should ID the stuff I have now? Or are you making a suggestion to the dev team ?
A tongue in cheek suggestion to devs, possible use of the skill. Actually I'd much rather Item ID give the aforementioned unraveling point bonus, make it of some real use to the Artificer instead of the current plan which makes it more of a looting support skill (which nearly nobody's ever going to use as raising Item ID on a hunting char would simply make a dent in their actual hunting ability).

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure when you are able to answer this..

But say I have weapon

Kryss:
50 HLD
50 ML
48 fireball
FC1
DI 43
UBWS..

It has 6 properties which I understand you can't imbu items with 6 properties could I remove a property from the weapon and then change a 5th property. So in lamens turns...

Can I remove Use Best Weapon which moves it down to 5 property weapon. Then change the Mana Leech to hit chance or something like. Let me know thanks.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a few thousand weapons on TC1 today to try and derive the formula for maximum intensity of hit mana leech and hit life leech. My results led me to the this:

max intensity = 28 / ( base weapon speed + swing speed increase ) * 100

In every case this got me within 1 point of my test results which can be attributed to rounding I suppose.
I put together a spreadsheet to calculate the maximum hit mana leech and hit life leech percentages based on your formula and the base weapon speed information on Stratics. Don't know how to upload the spreadsheet so others can get to it, so just going to cut and paste it below. Note that the calculated figures are rounded down to the closest integer and capped at a maximum of 100.

The spreadsheet formulas look something like this:

=IF((28/($B2*1.05))*100 < 100, ROUNDDOWN(((28/($B2*1.05))*100),0), 100)

(For this particular cell, B2 was the cell with the weapon speed and the SSI was 5%.)

HTML:
Weapon Name		Speed	5% SSI	10% SSI	15% SSI	20% SSI	25% SSI	30% SSI

Assassin Spike		50	53	50	48	46	44	43
Axe			37	72	68	65	63	60	58
Bardiche		28	95	90	86	83	80	76
Battle Axe		31	86	82	78	75	72	69
Black Staff		39	68	65	62	59	57	55
Bladed Staff		37	72	68	65	63	60	58
Bokuto			53	50	48	45	44	42	40
Bone Harvester		36	74	70	67	64	62	59
Bow			25	100	100	97	93	89	86
Broadsword		33	80	77	73	70	67	65
Butcher Knife		49	54	51	49	47	45	43
Cleaver			46	57	55	52	50	48	46
Club			44	60	57	55	53	50	48
Composite Bow		26	100	97	93	89	86	82
Crescent Blade		47	56	54	51	49	47	45
Crossbow		23	100	100	100	100	97	93
Cutlass			44	60	57	55	53	50	48
Dagger			56	47	45	43	41	40	38
Daisho			40	66	63	60	58	56	53
Diamond Mace		37	72	68	65	63	60	58
Double Axe		33	80	77	73	70	67	65
Double Bladed Staff	49	54	51	49	47	45	43
Elven Composite Longbow	27	98	94	90	86	82	79
Elven Machete		41	65	62	59	56	54	52
Elven Spellblade	44	60	57	55	53	50	48
Executioner's Axe	33	80	77	73	70	67	65
Gnarled Staff		33	80	77	73	70	67	65
Halberd			25	100	100	97	93	89	86
Hammer Pick		28	95	90	86	83	80	76
Hatchet			41	65	62	59	56	54	52
Heavy Crossbow		21	100	100	100	100	100	100
Kama			55	48	46	44	42	40	39
Katana			46	57	55	52	50	48	46
Kryss			53	50	48	45	44	42	40
Lajatang		32	83	79	76	72	70	67
Lance			24	100	100	100	97	93	89
Large Battle Axe	29	91	87	83	80	77	74
Leafblade		42	63	60	57	55	53	51

Longsword		30	88	84	81	77	74	71
Mace			40	66	63	60	58	56	53
Magical Shortbow	38	70	66	64	61	58	56
Maul			32	83	79	76	72	70	67
No-Dachi		32	83	79	76	72	70	67
Nunchaku		47	56	54	51	49	47	45
Ornate Axe		31	86	82	78	75	72	69
Pickaxe			35	76	72	69	66	64	61
Pike			37	72	68	65	63	60	58
Pitchfork		43	62	59	56	54	52	50
Quarter Staff		48	55	53	50	48	46	44
Radiant Scimitar	43	62	59	56	54	52	50
Repeating Crossbow	41	65	62	59	56	54	52
Rune Blade		35	76	72	69	66	64	61
Sai			55	48	46	44	42	40	39
Scepter			30	88	84	81	77	74	71
Scimitar		37	72	68	65	63	60	58
Scythe			32	83	79	76	72	70	67
Shepherd's Crook	40	66	63	60	58	56	53
Short Spear		55	48	46	44	42	40	39
Skinning Knife		49	54	51	49	47	45	43
Sledge Hammer		33	80	77	73	70	67	65
Smith's Hammer		33	80	77	73	70	67	65
Spear			42	63	60	57	55	53	51
Tekagi			53	50	48	45	44	42	40
Tessen			45	59	56	54	51	49	47
Tetsubo			45	59	56	54	51	49	47
Two-Handed Axe		31	86	82	78	75	72	69
Viking Sword		28	95	90	86	83	80	76
Wakizashi		44	60	57	55	53	50	48
Wand			40	66	63	60	58	56	53
War Axe			33	80	77	73	70	67	65
War Cleaver		48	55	53	50	48	46	44
War Fork		43	62	59	56	54	52	50
War Hammer		28	95	90	86	83	80	76
War Mace		26	100	97	93	89	86	82
Wild Staff		48	55	53	50	48	46	44
Yumi			24	100	100	100	97	93	89

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to get ready to clean out a ton of junk in some of my houses, so I made up some lists of item properties to help me go through the process. Listed below are the maximum item property values I was able to determine for various non-arti and non-enhanced types of items, using the information on the Item Properties page on Stratics.

Please let me know if you see anything that looks wrong.

Maximum Jewelry Item Properties
HTML:
Night Sight		Appears on item

Cold Resist		15
Damage Increase		25
Defense Chance Increase	15
Dex Bonus		8
Energy Resist		15
Enhance Potions		25
Faster Cast Recovery	3
Faster Casting		1
Fire Resist		15
Hit Chance Increase	15
Intelligence Bonus	8
Lower Mana Cost		8
Lower Reagent Cost	20
Luck			100
Physical Resist		15
Poison Resist		15
Skill Bonus		15
Spell Damage Increase	12
Strength Bonus		8
Maximum Non-Archery Weapon Item Properties
HTML:
Chaos Damage		Appears on item
Faster Casting		0 (Appears on item with no penalty)
Slayer			Appears on item
Spell Channeling	Appears on item
Use Best Weapon Skill	Appears on item

Hit Life Leech		Max depends on weapon type
Hit Mana Leech		Max depends on weapon type

Cold Resist		15
Damage Increase		50
Energy Damage		100
Energy Resist		15
Fire Damage		100
Fire Resist		15
Hit Chance Increase	15
Hit Cold Area		50
Hit Dispel		50
Hit Energy Area		50
Hit Fire Area		50
Hit Fireball		50
Hit Harm		50
Hit Lightning		50
Hit Lower Attack	50
Hit Lower Defense	50
Hit Magic Arrow		50
Hit Physical Area	50
Hit Poison Area		50
Hit Stamina Leech	50
Lower Requirements	100
Luck			100
Mage Weapon		-20
Physical Damage		100
Physical Resist		15
Poison Damage		100
Poison Resist		15
Swing Speed Increase	30
Maximum Bow Item Properties
HTML:
Balanced		Appears on item
Chaos Damage		Appears on item
Slayer			Appears on item
Use Best Weapon Skill	Appears on item

Hit Life Leech		Max depends on weapon type
Hit Mana Leech		Max depends on weapon type

Cold Damage		100
Cold Resist		15
Damage Increase		50
Energy Damage		100
Energy Resist		15
Fire Damage		100
Fire Resist		15
Hit Chance Increase	15
Hit Cold Area		50
Hit Dispel		50
Hit Energy Area		50
Hit Fire Area		50
Hit Fireball		50
Hit Harm		50
Hit Lightning		50
Hit Lower Attack	50
Hit Lower Defense	50
Hit Magic Arrow		50
Hit Physical Area	50
Hit Poison Area		50
Hit Stamina Leech	50
Lower Requirements	100
Luck			100
Mage Weapon		-20
Physical Damage		100
Physical Resist		15
Poison Damage		100
Poison Resist		15
Swing Speed Increase	30
Velocity		50
Maximum Shield Item Properties
HTML:

Cold Resist		Depends on shield type
Energy Resist		Depends on shield type
Fire Resist		Depends on shield type
Physical Resist		Depends on shield type
Poison Resist		Depends on shield type

Hit Chance Increase	15
Lower Requirements	100
Reflect Physical Damage	15
Self Repair		5
A table of the base resists for various types of shields can be found here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/shields.shtml.

Maximum Armor Item Properties
HTML:
Mage Armor		Appears on item
Night Sight		Appears on item

Cold Resist		Depends on armor type
Energy Resist		Depends on armor type
Fire Resist		Depends on armor type
Physical Resist		Depends on armor type
Poison Resist		Depends on armor type

Hit Point Increase	5
Hit Point Regeneration	2
Lower Mana Cost		8
Lower Reagent Cost	20
Lower Requirements	100
Luck			100
Mana Increase		8
Mana Regeneration	2
Reflect Physical Damage	15
Self Repair		5
Stamina Increase	8
Stamina Regeneration	3
A table of the base resists for various types of armor can be found here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/armor.php.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few questions I don't think were addressed.

1. What skill level is required if any for unraveling? Can you fail?

2. So you can't POF an imbued item, can you beef up the item with POF before you imbue?

3. Where will you get the forge from? craftable?

4. Will advanced char tokens contain a template with the skills needed for imbuing?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I understand it, to maximize a mod you will need to burn a max intensity unravel essence plus whatever other rare ingredient is needed. Success depends upon the following: Imbue skill, perhaps Mysticism skill as well, the "soul forge" useed, AND the current intensity of the item itself.

Once you succeed, now you must do so FOUR (three times if you start off with a +15 skill jewel) more times, bear in mind that each time will be harder than the first because the overall intensity of the item is increasing as you go...

So, IMO, Imbuing a 75 skill jewel will not be overbalancing, because so very, very, few will ever make such an item ...

I myself am aiming for the "almost Uber" items : start off with FC1 FCR3 jewel and add "moderastely high" vs. max mods: something like 17 lrc vs 20; :thumbsup:12 DCI vs 15; LMC 5 vs 8; MI 5 vs 8; sdi 9 vs 12; etc.

"Originally Posted by Sarphus
You can, but the devs have stated that they plan to tweak how +skill items work.

One thing they mentioned was making it so you can only go up to 720 total skill using +skill items. I hope they cap it higher than 720. I think it would be ok to cap it at 750, because that prevents people from building jewlery like this...

Ring & Bracelet
music
discord
provoke
peacemake
magery

would be a total of +150 skill pts on your template, which obviously would create an imbalance"

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope they understand that any cap under 800 for real+items will probably drive thousands of players away.

800 (+80 points total) would be a fair cap. It's already easy to get to using existing loot (without imbuing), while not embarassingly overpowered.

In fact, one can get over +50 WITHOUT jewelry for a melee character, without resorting to any major artifacts other than craftables (ToT minor arms & do = +12 Tactics & +10 Parry; Dupre's shield: +5 Parry; Aegis of Grace +10 Resist (or a dread pirate hat with even more skill, but random), Stitcher's mittens: +10 healing, several minor weapons with +10 skill); and that's assuming that the melee warrior isn't a necro using the Bloodwood talisman (+5 necro, +10 SS).

Another option would be to make it to where one can only have the benefit of 1/5 of your real skill from items. In other words, at 50 real skill, only +10 more would count off your items, up to +20 at GM. This would discourage having 2 pieces of uber-skill jewelry.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Of course this is already possible anyway....and since you give up other mods on your jewels for this (for example with mages you give up 2/6 from jewels and depending on other things lmc/lrc/dci any other mod a mage might like to have on their jewels) it is not really that bad, of course I have 2 jewels with 4 skills at 80 or more intensity that work together (thats 4 each piece) and one with a 5th useful mod. Not sure if I would want them to limit the ability to "create" items that you can get with extreme amounts of luck (I do not mean the prop I mean real actual luck) but I could also see a problem with it.

Of course Basara your idea would also limit current items, such as crystaline ring if I read your post right, Or it would not really do much at all to limit things if it was on a per skill basis, since +15 would be the most and achieved at around 80? I might just be reading you wrong tho

F

Fink

I hope they understand that any cap under 800 for real+items will probably drive thousands of players away.

800 (+80 points total) would be a fair cap. It's already easy to get to using existing loot (without imbuing), while not embarassingly overpowered.
800 cap sounds about right.. I wouldn't expect more than that but to reduce it way back is to contradict what we've accepted as the norm in an item-based game. I often loot jewels with 30+ (useful) skill on them and, like you say, 800 is easily reached without going through too much trouble.

Sometimes people get needlessly huffy about "real skill" in terms of points invested or gains made. I think real skill lies in the player, not the character. Part of that skill is used in how we play and another part is used in making astute decisions over templates & gear. "Item" is not a dirty word.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

raising the cap was addressed by Mark 'Chiefshade' Steelman on the UO Facebook page on 6/24: (question from player in bold)

Just wondering has there been any discussion on raising the skill cap too 800? I mean you know after you raise or get your character to 720 there is only so much you can do. I played UO and tried a lot of other games over the years ,but always came back to UO until (No Flaming or attacks please) WOW came out. I think / know that one thing about wow is that you know expansion time you can go back to your old toon and start going to the next 10 levels. I would greatly enjoy building a new skill on my main character on uo. If said skill were to be raised to 800.

A:
To answer your specific question, yes, there has been a LOT of discussion here about that. However, after many discussions (sometimes arguments) it was decided not to do that.

What we do have is 3 new skills in which you can respec into. We have a craft skill, Imbuing, a ranged skill, throwing, and a magic skill, mysticism. We are hoping that players will enjoy coming up with new specs based on these abilities.

I feel that the main reason we haven't extended the cap is because some of the existing skills are really kind of unballanced and the fear is that a raised skill cap will exagerate the problem. As it is, many raid encounters have been reduced to single player encounters for people who min-max their spec to the "right spec". In a game like UO, it is a shame to give the player so many choices and then make a few vastly superior to the point where players feel there is a "right spec" and a "wrong spec" and some skills that are "required." We want to fix that first.

C

Cloak&Dagger

raising the cap was addressed by Mark 'Chiefshade' Steelman on the UO Facebook page on 6/24: (question from player in bold)

Just wondering has there been any discussion on raising the skill cap too 800? I mean you know after you raise or get your character to 720 there is only so much you can do. I played UO and tried a lot of other games over the years ,but always came back to UO until (No Flaming or attacks please) WOW came out. I think / know that one thing about wow is that you know expansion time you can go back to your old toon and start going to the next 10 levels. I would greatly enjoy building a new skill on my main character on uo. If said skill were to be raised to 800.

A:
To answer your specific question, yes, there has been a LOT of discussion here about that. However, after many discussions (sometimes arguments) it was decided not to do that.

What we do have is 3 new skills in which you can respec into. We have a craft skill, Imbuing, a ranged skill, throwing, and a magic skill, mysticism. We are hoping that players will enjoy coming up with new specs based on these abilities.

I feel that the main reason we haven't extended the cap is because some of the existing skills are really kind of unballanced and the fear is that a raised skill cap will exagerate the problem. As it is, many raid encounters have been reduced to single player encounters for people who min-max their spec to the "right spec". In a game like UO, it is a shame to give the player so many choices and then make a few vastly superior to the point where players feel there is a "right spec" and a "wrong spec" and some skills that are "required." We want to fix that first.

Basara is saying to limit the skill cap to 800 max after items, so natural skill up to 720 and then you can not go above 800 with items, that means you can not get more than 80 skill points from items. At current you can already get more than that from items but meh just wanted to clarify what he was saying to do, not actually raise the skill cap but limit how much you could gain from items with skills on them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course Basara your idea would also limit current items, such as crystaline ring if I read your post right, Or it would not really do much at all to limit things if it was on a per skill basis, since +15 would be the most and achieved at around 80? I might just be reading you wrong tho
Actually, the way I was suggesting would fit things like the Crystalline Ring, Dread's revenge, Shadow Dancers and Midnight Bracers perfectly. You're forgetting Powerscrolls, and that AFAIK all the skills boostable by jewelry (and most boostable by other items) can be scrolled to a 120 cap.

At GM real skill, you would be able to get a maximum of +20 from items for that skill (which just happens to ALSO be the most you can scroll to).

You won't get full use of the +20 item UNTIL you hit GM, though - but there's a bit of symmetry to actually requiring the skill to be at displayed Grandmaster, to get full effect.

It would also parallel the +20 cap that the Proficiency system would have instituted, had that flawed concept come into being.

D

Dreadlord Galaad

Actually, the way I was suggesting would fit things like the Crystalline Ring, Dread's revenge, Shadow Dancers and Midnight Bracers perfectly. You're forgetting Powerscrolls, and that AFAIK all the skills boostable by jewelry (and most boostable by other items) can be scrolled to a 120 cap.

At GM real skill, you would be able to get a maximum of +20 from items for that skill (which just happens to ALSO be the most you can scroll to).

You won't get full use of the +20 item UNTIL you hit GM, though - but there's a bit of symmetry to actually requiring the skill to be at displayed Grandmaster, to get full effect.

It would also parallel the +20 cap that the Proficiency system would have instituted, had that flawed concept come into being.

Adding a skillcap to the skills you can receive from items is just idiot.
I guess you think that people are going to be able to get more skills because of the imbuing system?
Personally, I already have +113 skills from items because I spent enough time to be able to find all the matching skills from items which took me about 2 years to get such equipment...
I dont think adding a skillcap is a good idea because It will make again other players to leave!

D

Dreadlord Galaad

I would like to do another post about imbuing.

I don't criticism that idea because I already asked for that a few years ago. So I'm very glad to see it happening.

Unfortunately, there is one thing that upsets me:
The impossibility to use powder of fortification.

The imbuing system is going to make people hunting a lot to obtain the components.
But why not adding a new kind of powder of fortification that can fit any style of gaming experience?
For example:
The best would be a npc that uses the same system of the community stuff. In that case, it will be both a gold sink and an item sink. Allow people to use what they like to do in game to be able to get a way to maintain their items? That sounds fair no?
Or a recipe that uses different resources to make an upgraded powder of fortification with a low chances of success (like 35%)?

R

Rykus

Ok what about a wep that already has 6 mods? We can still imbue them? I actually purchased the weapon with the hopes of removing the hit area mod and replacing it with ssi but if we wont be able to do that then I will have to find a different use for this monster.

This is from a thread on the Siege forum.

Is it possible to remove one of the 6 properties by imbuing it to a zero value, even though it already has more than 5 properties?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is not currently possible to remove mods from an item.

Some mods replace similar mods (eg: hit lightning will remove/replace a hit fireball) but those are special cases.

(you can also replace a mod with a lower value of the same mod: eg, replace a 40% hit area with a 1% hit area, so that you have a better chance of adding another mod you really wanted - but even at 1%, it counts against the 5-mod limitation)

M

Miracle Max

Leurocian,

Would you please explain why allowing players to use POF on an imbued item is soooo horrible? I think this would at least give smiths and tailors a small chance at making a living.

M

Miracle Max

you mean that if u fortify something before you imbue it then after you imbue it you can fortify it some more when it wears out?

K

kaldera4

you mean that if u fortify something before you imbue it then after you imbue it you can fortify it some more when it wears out?
no. but you can fortify to 255 and thaen imbue. and after using and durability gets low just repair it.