• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing clarification

D

DuttyD

ok, I have read all the posts and havent seen this..
Will mage weapon, and self repair be considered a mod, if so what intensities will be 100%?

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, I have read all the posts and havent seen this..
Will mage weapon, and self repair be considered a mod, if so what intensities will be 100%?
Mage weap is one mod with max intensity at -20 skill. Self repair is a mod with max intensity at Self Repair 5. Bear in mind SR cannot be imbuned but CAN be unraveled as part of your total.:scholar:

N

Nvnter

Please allow artifacts/replicas/Paragon Drops to be unraveled. This will clear product from the servers plus will give a majority of these rather senseless items to have a bit more value. Surely unraveling any of these items should be worth a relic fragment.

Thanks

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hafta agree with this to an extent. There's still a LOT OF JUNK in the game especially on the populated shards. Problem with this tho is it allows for easy relic fragments and I do think they're looking to keep em to a minimum overall. I do hope they consider allowing stuff like that to be unraveled so we have something to do with the junk Doom artis we get.

L

LIL DON

I understand that the verb "be" means dialectically a sufficient condition. So, if I say "A is B", that is, A is a sufficient condition of B.

But I know also that "be" means actually an equivalence. So, if I say "A is B", it means often "A is equal to B" that is "A is B AND B is A". A is actually a sufficient and necessary condition of B in this case.

So, please confirm it for me: "Whatever properties an item can normally have as random loot is what it can have imbued."

Is "Whatever properties an item can normally have as random loot" a sufficient condition of "what it can have imbued", or a sufficient AND necessary condition?
All i can say is WOWOMGWTF

A

Ayden22

my question may have been asked but im late for work and dont have time to read it all .... does this mean we could put balance on a meeele weapon ?

F

Fink

my question may have been asked but im late for work and dont have time to read it all .... does this mean we could put balance on a meeele weapon ?
No, Balance ("potion channeling") will only be applicable to bows.

A

Ayden22

ok kool shoot its still disarm chug ..............and i sapose the next step would be balanced spellbooks lol

F

Fink

Any plans to include pitchforks in the list of imbue-able items? What about making them craftable too?

E

Eden13

I've read this entire thread, and don't believe that the following questions have been asked:

1. Will there be any Talismans with Imbuing Bonuses? If so, can they be looted, or only available via Quests?

2. Will Imbued items be able to be Blessed with Personal Bless Deeds? Can Cloth hats be blessed with a CBD?

3. Will I be able to remove a less desired skill from a ring or bracelet and replace it with a more desirable skill via Imbuing? Example: 1/3 ring with +9 Wrestling. Remove Wrestling, add SDI 10% or 100 luck or 20% LRC?

Thanks!

F

Fink

1. Will there be any Talismans with Imbuing Bonuses?
So far as I've seen them discussed, probably not.

2. Will Imbued items be able to be Blessed with Personal Bless Deeds? Can Cloth hats be blessed with a CBD?
Imbued items will wear out and eventually be destroyed, so I'm not sure a bless is the best idea. A CBD would be kind of a waste, and a PBD would vanish with the item should it break, so I'm told.

3. Will I be able to remove a less desired skill from a ring or bracelet and replace it with a more desirable skill via Imbuing? Example: 1/3 ring with +9 Wrestling. Remove Wrestling, add SDI 10% or 100 luck or 20% LRC?
I believe you can imbue an item with 0% intensity in a particular property, effectively removing it. I believe individual properties can't be unravelled in the literal sense, but can be "imbued off".

B

Beastmaster

A few people have posted in this thread info about intensities of mods like hit mana leech being different for different weapons, in that 40%HML on one weapon might be a different intensity than 40%HML on a faster/slower weapon.

I scoured the thread for any comments by Leurocian on this and there are none. Can anyone point me to some facts on this aspect of imbuing?

B

Beastmaster

I made a few thousand weapons on TC1 today to try and derive the formula for maximum intensity of hit mana leech and hit life leech. My results led me to the this:

max intensity = 28 / ( base weapon speed + swing speed increase ) * 100

In every case this got me within 1 point of my test results which can be attributed to rounding I suppose.

F

Fink

I made a few thousand weapons on TC1 today to try and derive the formula for maximum intensity of hit mana leech and hit life leech. My results led me to the this:

max intensity = 28 / ( base weapon speed + swing speed increase ) * 100

In every case this got me within 1 point of my test results which can be attributed to rounding I suppose.
Thanks for working this out, many of us have been scratching our heads over it. Could you run us through a few examples? I'm not sure I'm using it right.

B

Beastmaster

Thanks for working this out, many of us have been scratching our heads over it. Could you run us through a few examples? I'm not sure I'm using it right.

Sure. Start with a dagger. Base speed on the dagger is 56. So (28/56)*100 [with no SSI] = 50% max leech on a dagger. If you happen to roll some SSI it will reduce the max leech. Say it was 20% SSI. Then (28/(56*1.2))*100 = 41% max leech. The 1.2 is the 20% SSI, 1.3 for 30%, etc.

Another. Scimitar has a base of 37. (28/37)*100 [no SSI] = 75% max. Same weapon with 30% SSI is (28/(37*1.3))*100 = 58% max.

I'm not claiming this formula is 100% perfect but it's darn close on every piece I made.

F

Fink

Ah I see, I was using the weapon speed as listed on the item (in seconds per swing). How do you get the weapon speed?

B

Beastmaster

Can I get some of you that understand the unraveling system to score these pieces for me?

chainmail coif MR2 15/4/14/14/2 mage armor
scimitar hit lightning 27% SSI 35 DI 55
wizards hat nightsight 0/15/22/9/11

Testing a new spreadsheet.

TIA

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I get some of you that understand the unraveling system to score these pieces for me?

TIA
Thats the big fuzzy. From what I have gathered to get the third lvl from unravelling...........item has to be 100% in four mods or 80%+ in 5 mods. The big question is a Hally with 100%HML/UBWS/Channeling/1FC at 4x100% mods? Like Nightsite and Mage Armor is that just a 100%mod. Then there is the neon weapons and are they based on lvl by what is still on the physical.

And YES to the PBD goes with the item when it is on POOF. Friend pulled a Homer on his PBDed mining ring gloves. Had them in recycling container and made ingots of them. And no the ingots were not blessed.

Untill all the duped and scripted runics are removed from the game Imbueding can sit on the list of things to release right after the muskets & clamor mines.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Untill all the duped and scripted runics are removed from the game Imbueding can sit on the list of things to release right after the muskets & clamor mines."

I honestly don't think that's gonna stop happening which is why they created imbuning. At least the legit players who want powerful items will be able to get some and the battle field will be much more even.

D

Diggity

TIA
While I don't claim to understand the unraveling system, here are my thoughts:

coif - a 5 mod item, MR2 and mage armor are both 100% intensity. The resists phy, cold and poison have mods. The intensity is indeterminate without knowing if this is non-exceptional crafted, if the crafter had any Arms Lore bonus and how the unravel system will score that anyways. Total resist of 49 = 3.27 intensity. So the total intensity of all the properties is 5.27. Possibly - 1 for the base 15 resist all armor gets, possibly minus some more if crafting bonuses are somehow tracked (I doubt it). Regardless, this seems like an ok piece to keep for future unravel attempt.

scimitar- since it has 35% ssi, I don't think it will be eligble for unraveling. Total intensity I would score as 27/50 + 35/30 + 55/50 = 2.8 (280% total intensity) Does not seem worth keeping for unravel use only.

wizard hat - night sight = 100% mod. Resists, same as coif. Unravel intensity unknown. 57 total resists = 3.8. So total item intensity is 4.8. Again possibly -1 for base resist. Since I don't know how the unravel system will work, I don't bother picking up armor like this.

Since there is a lot of unknowns with how armor intensities will be scored, I generally don't pick them up for future unravel since I think I can accumulate more jewelry and weapons (without leech properties, another unknown for me as far as intensities go) then I will have storage space for.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things that can be enhanced or recycled can be unravelled or Imbued?

Paractice weapons
Nubie weapons of of old character start
Ranger Armor
Peonix armor (? never tried to enhance and more over recycle)
Power and such weapons
colored vendor armor (wish I had more)
old Haven spawn boss special bone armor
Wrist Watch or Holiday Time Piece
Juka Bows
25DI Tribal Spears

Now for the FarSide
wands on the list but what of the Black Staff
the crook that has a skill use
Deamon Bone Armor would be nice Imbueding addition
Earings anytime coming or that slot going to be removed

It was covered on imbueding jewels few times but no mention if it was made with a rare ore already could it be imbued or unravelled?

B

Beastmaster

My scoring put the coif at 425, scimitar 280, wizards hat 318.

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm unclear on if damage type, on a weapon found as loot, counts as a mod for imbuing (not unraveling). Is this item considered a 4 mod or a 5 mod in regards to imbuing? In other words, would I be able to add another mod to this weapon?

50% hit fireball
45% lower defense chance
30% swing speed increase
30% damage increase
70% poison damage
30% energy damage

B

Beastmaster

I'm unclear on if damage type, on a weapon found as loot, counts as a mod for imbuing (not unraveling). Is this item considered a 4 mod or a 5 mod in regards to imbuing? In other words, would I be able to add another mod to this weapon?

50% hit fireball
45% lower defense chance
30% swing speed increase
30% damage increase
70% poison damage
30% energy damage

My interpretation is that the damage types would not effect imbuing at all. Damage type is a function of the material used to create the item from a crafting standpoint, but monster loot is not crafted and not made from any special material.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

50% hit fireball
45% lower defense chance
30% swing speed increase
30% damage increase
70% poison damage
30% energy damage
The 30DI is a mod and from my understanding the elemental/neon damage is a mod from looting and runic made, but not a mod that can be done by inbueding.

F

Fink

I'd really like to learn how to interpret armour resists as pertain to unravelling value.

I've been collecting jewels and weapons, generally simpler to understand. I gather for armour you need to know the base resists of the piece and work from there. I know where to find base resists tables, but I need some guidance regarding where to go from there. Can someone please explain it in relatively simple terms?

I all but vetoed crafting post-AoS when things went mathematical, but I really want to be prepared for and involved in this next crafting revolution.

B

Beastmaster

I'd really like to learn how to interpret armour resists as pertain to unravelling value.

I've been collecting jewels and weapons, generally simpler to understand. I gather for armour you need to know the base resists of the piece and work from there. I know where to find base resists tables, but I need some guidance regarding where to go from there. Can someone please explain it in relatively simple terms?

I all but vetoed crafting post-AoS when things went mathematical, but I really want to be prepared for and involved in this next crafting revolution.
Here's as simple as it gets. Subtract the base resist from the resist on the item. Multiply that by 100 then divide by 15. That will give you the unraveling score for that resist.

Reasoning. The cap on additional resist added to any single resist is 15. The multiply by 100 part is just to give you a whole number instead of a percentage.

Ex. Item has 13 fire resist and the base resist is 3. 13-3=10 additional resist. 10 additional resist / 15 possible additional resist = .666 intensity rating. Scored as 67 points.

F

Fink

Here's as simple as it gets. Subtract the base resist from the resist on the item. Multiply that by 100 then divide by 15. That will give you the unraveling score for that resist.

Reasoning. The cap on additional resist added to any single resist is 15. The multiply by 100 part is just to give you a whole number instead of a percentage.

Ex. Item has 13 fire resist and the base resist is 3. 13-3=10 additional resist. 10 additional resist / 15 possible additional resist = .666 intensity rating. Scored as 67 points.
I totally understood that. You're magic! Thank you! :bowdown:

R

Rage_of_Napa

Is there a chance someone will write a clever little java page that would give us the scores?

F

Fink

I've toyed with an MS Excel spreadsheet, which sort-of works. I'm not that good with Excel, or math.. but it's available if you want to try it. Basically it's something I made to help me with armours until someone does create a comprehensive calculator.

I've grouped wearables into bone/studded (16 base resist), other armours/helms (15 base), and hats/masks (24 base). You enter values in the boxes in column B, and refer to the appropriate total at the bottom for the unravel point value. It's very quick-and-dirty coding, and ugly to look at, but it seems to work. I think I worked out the resist score right; I did it the long way before and got the same results by hacking the figures around to as it now stands.

Two properties I'm not sure of how to rate their intensity, Durability and Lower Requirements, as they range from 10-100, not 0-100. I'm assuming 10% intensity = 10 unravelling points. I didn't sweat these two so much as an approximate figure is a good enough guide for my own purposes.

I haven't included shields as they're quicker to estimate at a glance than type in, and I'm not touching on weapons, waiting for someone clever to do that. I may try jewels next as I have a stack of those to sort after I'm done with armour.

Such that it is, here's the spreadsheet: Armour_Intensities.xls

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I'm on the right track for what to hoard :) I have about 600 items so far, mosty from Spawn Champ corpses just before decay, and items that were so nice I was too much of a wuss to risk enhancing & breaking...

-- I have 3-4 leather armor pcs with no mods but 50-60 resists already in place. these will be the basis for a mage suit which I can then add the max 5 mods to w/o worrying about resists. Same with jewels, if F1 or F3 - or both -already there, then I have a mage starter set to train with or ultimately max out...
-- Saving all items 300% + to imbue (for trng) to relic grade, then unravel to make a relic ingredient. I'm finding alot of ring armor like this with multiple mana/hp/stam increases that can be cheaply imbued to reach that 400% target...

-- I'm not greedy - I will be perfectly content with a F-2/6 set with 60-80% LMC/sdi/dci

BTW - anyone mention the old school juka slayer bows? I have a Demon/earth elemental dbl slayer (which I assume will take up 2 mod slots) which could become quite the Uber DF slayer with SSI/HDL/ and HLA or leech mod:)

F

Fink

-- I'm not greedy - I will be perfectly content with a F-2/6 set with 60-80% LMC/sdi/dci
I'm aiming for 75-80% across the board on mods, for my personal use anyway. I think it'll be a good trade-off in terms of usefulness versus difficulty in making them. Something like imbuing a set of existing 3/1 jewels both with 12hci/12dci/6LMC. That'll be not too difficult or expensive and still have very useful mods.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My interpretation is that the damage types would not effect imbuing at all. Damage type is a function of the material used to create the item from a crafting standpoint, but monster loot is not crafted and not made from any special material.
Why wouldn't it?

It's an obvious spawning property.

The item spawns with 100% physical damage unless a property changes it. A weapon with 50% Physical damage, 20% poison damage, 30% fire damage for example would give a, what, 50% intensity value as 50% of the damage type has been modifiesd. 40% poison, 60% fire damage item would then be a 100% intensity value.

B

Beastmaster

I believe Leurocian already said that it would not count from a crafted standpoint since using colored materials negates its eligibility for unraveling and hence will probably not be counted from a spawned item for the sake of coding clarity.

R

RichDC

Hmm thats an interesting one...if you pull a 100%fire weapon of a corpse its still iron, does that count i wonder??

Plus i have made many a 100% weapon out of iron...those can be unraveled and if its a mod on a runic why wouldnt it be a mod on embuing?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm thats an interesting one...if you pull a 100%fire weapon of a corpse its still iron, does that count i wonder??

Plus i have made many a 100% weapon out of iron...those can be unraveled and if its a mod on a runic why wouldnt it be a mod on embuing?
Of course it should. If not they're being lazy. It's clearly listed on the uo.com playguide as a item property as "damage conversion" and is explained more in detail at the bottom.

If they're going to make this whole imbuing/unraveling thing they may as well not be lazy and make it cover and use ALL the currently spawning properties. There's no reason that you can spawn an item with 5 properties and one of them being the damage type, but not be able to unravel/imbue that property. It's just as important as the rest.

But if they don't then whatever it will just give players the ability to imbue a 6mod weapon right? I mean all you have to do is get a let's say 100% fire damage tetsubo w/ no other mods. Since it "dont count" you imbue w/ damage, ssi, mana leech, slayer (let's choose demon), fireball. Let's say that's the ultimate weapon you could make from it. You now have a perfect weapon for something like a wammy for the Impalers in doom. If this is going to be the case I suppose I'll start saving "1 mod" 100% damage type weapons to imbue to suit a specific monster.

Example:
(1) Demon Slayer
(2) 38% Mana leech
(3) 44% Hit Fireball
(4) 25% Swing Speed Increase
(5) 43 Damage increase
(6) 100% Fire Damage

F

Fink

I'm wondering this:

Does unravelling guarantee you the fragments inherent in the item unravelled, or is there the chance of loss of materials in that process? If so, at what point, if any, does the Imbuing skill produce predictable, guaranteed, or maximum results for unravelling?

Just repeating a concern that seems to have missed being answered.. The cut-off for skill gain via unravelling still stands at 25, as far as I'm aware. Can this be changed to 50 to even things up for those of us without a spare character slot?

D

DarkScripture

Will we be able to unravel the purple power crystals? These could have more use than ONLY golems...
I also wanted to know about the 100% weapon that are not enchanted with other metals. The very rare 100% should be used and get something good out.

D

DarkScripture

As stated; only properties that are NOW on items can be crafted with the exception of self repair if I understand correctly. So what about adding the Durability %. Can we add that to make the weapon have more durability? Also when unraveling items with the Durability % does that count as a mod to get resources. And one last one; about items that are very rare and get the 255/255 durability as some slayers only weapons come with. If so when unraveled ,does that count as a 100% intensity? Oh and almost forgot Fast Casting & Mage armor.

I guess we need a sheet just like the list of properties that are on all item and what their intensities will be.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/itemproperties.php#hci

Mage weapon -20 100%?? Only Arties come with lower.
Hit area Damage will be able to be added too?

D

DarkScripture

Here is one I HAD to ask. BIG QUESTION.....
Can we make FEY Slayers and Wolf Slayers......
Please... :please: :please:.....:please:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been reading through everything... does this completely replace all other crafting skills? Can I just go buy a plain ole sword from the smith and just start adding crap to it?

D

DarkScripture

As read slayers get unraveled at 100% intensity. Will Super slayers get a better resource that the average slayer? Undead,Repond and so on? Seem like a waste to trash those for the same return.

I have been reading through everything... does this completely replace all other crafting skills? Can I just go buy a plain ole sword from the smith and just start adding crap to it?
It was said that it will not replace crafting. As the highest end runics get 6 mod properties were as imbusing will be capped at 5. Damage Increase WILL count as a mod so thus the high end runics are better leaving us with crafting. Self repair is not allowed on imbused items and any item that starts with it will get this property removed. Crafed Items CAN be Fortified,6 mods,Self repair & you may enchance non imbused item to change the damage/resist type.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As read slayers get unraveled at 100% intensity. Will Super slayers get a better resource that the average slayer? Undead,Repond and so on? Seem like a waste to trash those for the same return.

It was said that it will not replace crafting. As the highest end runics get 6 mod properties were as imbusing will be capped at 5. Damage Increase WILL count as a mod so thus the high end runics are better leaving us with crafting. Self repair is not allowed on imbused items and any item that starts with it will get this property removed. Crafed Items CAN be Fortified,6 mods,Self repair & you may enchance non imbused item to change the damage/resist type.
Ok.... I'll bow out of this thread again for the sake of keeping it positive.

S

somoka

i have a couple of questions, sorry if some have been answered, but that is one long thread and i just couldn't do it ><

since sc automatically comes with -1, does a weapon with sc 0 count as 200% intensity?

does the existing mods an item play a part in determining the resources needed to imbue another property onto it? saying if you already have an item with 350% intensity and you want to add another 100% to it. would it take more resources than it would to add 100% onto a 200% intensity item?

referencing the above question, if you were to imbue an extra 100% onto a 350% item. could you then unravel said item to get better resources? or would adding an 100% property cost more than it would receive?

F

Fink

since sc automatically comes with -1, does a weapon with sc 0 count as 200% intensity?
Correct, "SC" + "FC 0" is two properties at 100%, ie 200% total.

does the existing mods an item play a part in determining the resources needed to imbue another property onto it? saying if you already have an item with 350% intensity and you want to add another 100% to it. would it take more resources than it would to add 100% onto a 200% intensity item?
The more intense an item is, the more difficulty there is in further imbuing it. I would assume that requires more or better resources in the imbuing process.

referencing the above question, if you were to imbue an extra 100% onto a 350% item. could you then unravel said item to get better resources? or would adding an 100% property cost more than it would receive?
I think there would be less return from unravelling an imbued item than there was in imbuing it in the first place, if not as a general rule then always.

S

somoka

thank you fink for your clarification. i actually just found the post about sc -1 and sc 0.

anyways, will there be any bonuses for having the imbueing skill on your crafter, perhaps arms lore related. since you get a bonus for being a gargoyle, should i go with a gargoyle crafter or just a gargoyle artificer?

F

Fink

Seems Gargoyles will be naturally better or more successful at Imbuing than other races so, if you've no particular preference, I'd go with a Gargoyle.

Myself, I've had a human GM Merchant who's an arms and artefacts dealer ("Zorg" from The Fifth Element if you know the character), so I thought making him an Artificer would be a natural progression of that idea. He has GM Item ID and 20 Focus to sacrifice toward 120 Imbuing.

B

Beastmaster

From today's FOF:
Will the Damage Conversion item property count as an item property on an item for the purposes of Imbuing and Unraveling a magic item?

Yes. Even though an Artificer cannot imbue Damage Conversion on an item, the Damage Conversion item property will still be taken into account for Imbuing and unraveling magic items. The Damage Conversion item property is treated as 100% intensity and counts toward one of the five allowed magic item properties for an imbued item.
-Leurocian
So this needs more clarification, at least for me. Example, mob dropped sword has damages of 30% physical, 30% fire, 40% poison. For unraveling this would count as one 100% intensity mod? If it were crafter made it would fill one 100% slot leaving 4 other mods to be added (provided the damage types didn't come from using a special material)?