• Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.

Ideal Sampire Build for Champ Spawns

Ang7

Adventurer
I've got a decently geared samp and finding that I can't solo champ spawns.

I'm wondering if there is an ideal build just for spawns (or certain spawns that are best to try)

My template:
Necro
Chiv
Bush
Weapon (fencing right now because i can get away with less stam and more life in my gear, but can switch to swords)
Parry
Tactic
Anat

I'm considering dropping tactics for healing. I only seem to die when I miss a few hits and get hit by spells at the same time. Seems like 60 heal bandages every 2 secs would allow me to survive and that would save me tons of time doing spawns.

I'm also riding an armored swamp dragon with exceptional armor. Seems like 1 armor set lasts the spawn.

My goal is to get in and out of fel spawns at off peak hours to sneak out some power scrolls, but dying slows it down a ton.

Xris

Lore Keeper
UNLEASHED
Dont take tactics off it's very important to hit. You need resist and a whirlwind weap that has hit x area (depending on spawn type).

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The biggest problem with Fencing is there is only 1 single viable whirlwind weapon and even then, it's the barbed whip which you can't buy (less it's from a player vendor), nor can you craft them without the recipe. It's also 1 handed so it's lower damage and screws with your parry chance especially if you use a shield with it. Swords is optimal, mace fighting is workable.

On a side note, I really do wish they would revamp the weapons even if it was just making the special moves like masteries so they were not just fixed to one weapon. seeing 99.9999% of people running around with double axes and bladed staves becomes tiresome. There are soooo many smart looking weapons in the game that never see the light of day. Maybe it could be a crafting thing, like reforging one special move on a weapon to something else.

Anyway, I digress, fencing really is not optimal for champs.

Ang7

Adventurer
I was thinking I can use maces for champ spawns. Any specific weapon and mods I should look for. ?

Ang7

Adventurer
I was thinking I can use maces for champ spawns. Any specific weapon and mods I should look for? Does the mace whip work ?

Xris

Lore Keeper
UNLEASHED
I was thinking I can use maces for champ spawns. Any specific weapon and mods I should look for? Does the mace whip work ?
You need the correct slayers mixed with hit area effects on whirlwind weaps for spawn. Boss spam AI. This is why everybody uses double axes and blades staffs like above poster said.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are a crap ton of threads in this section regarding spawning sampires.

Resist > anat. Go swords. WW and AI.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Template should have Swords, Tactics, Bushido, Parry, Chivalry, Necromancy, Resist Spells. If you need healing on a Sampire template to stay alive or Anatomy to do more damage - you're not doing it right.

Perhaps you could switch up which Melee Weapon skill to use, but tough to be anything other than Swords. Should be 120, or 100 if you are using a Captain John's Hat. Tactics should also be 120 in order to do more damage and leach back more life. Necromancy should be 100 in order to keep up Vamp Form.

The other skills you can adjust to various levels, but they should all be present. Personally, I run with 120 Bushido, 100 Parry, 80 Chiv and 100 Resist Spells. You should be hitting hard enough and leaching enough life back to clear spawn and stay alive with that template and the right weapons/gear. I wouldn't suggesting going much lower than 70 on Chiv as you will begin to fail casting. You can adjust Bush/Parry/Resist according to your play style and particular needs. I also have a set of Jewels I will occasionally switch to which will boost my Resist Spells to 115, but only need to use that for certain encounters with alot of casters.

I've seen people successfully run some minor amount of Spirit Speak on this build, but I have never agreed with that school of thought and believe it takes away from the core skills I have noted above.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Template should have Swords, Tactics, Bushido, Parry, Chivalry, Necromancy, Resist Spells. If you need healing on a Sampire template to stay alive or Anatomy to do more damage - you're not doing it right.
I'd argue that if you have chiv, you're not doing it right. But to each their own.

Turkish

Journeyman
Governor
The biggest problem with Fencing is there is only 1 single viable whirlwind weapon and even then, it's the barbed whip which you can't buy (less it's from a player vendor), nor can you craft them without the recipe. It's also 1 handed so it's lower damage and screws with your parry chance especially if you use a shield with it. Swords is optimal, mace fighting is workable.

On a side note, I really do wish they would revamp the weapons even if it was just making the special moves like masteries so they were not just fixed to one weapon. seeing 99.9999% of people running around with double axes and bladed staves becomes tiresome. There are soooo many smart looking weapons in the game that never see the light of day. Maybe it could be a crafting thing, like reforging one special move on a weapon to something else.

Anyway, I digress, fencing really is not optimal for champs.
I ran with a Fencer sampire for a while, and used the Kama as the WW wep. It was fine for many encounters, but swords are certainly superior.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I ran with a Fencer sampire for a while, and used the Kama as the WW wep. It was fine for many encounters, but swords are certainly superior.
Oops, yup, I missed the Kama. I've had that down as a mace, not sure how that happened. I stand corrected. :thumbup::grin:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'd argue that if you have chiv, you're not doing it right. But to each their own.
In the 20+ years I've been playing, I've never heard someone once say that about a Sampire. Consecrate Weapon, Divine Fury, Enemy of One, Remove Curse - pretty crucial spells to be used by a Sampire. For a boss fight, in addition to getting Honor, you should be keeping up Enemy of One as much as possible.

What are you replacing Chivalry with on your template?

In the 20+ years I've been playing, I've never heard someone once say that about a Sampire. Consecrate Weapon, Divine Fury, Enemy of One, Remove Curse - pretty crucial spells to be used by a Sampire. For a boss fight, in addition to getting Honor, you should be keeping up Enemy of One as much as possible.

I am guessing anatomy. Since I came back, anatomy seems to be the "new" thing folks are replacing chiv with. However, this is just my assumption/guess.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Anatomy to maximize damage. I use reforged weapons for elemental damage, don't need DF, EOO is useless with double super slayer or single specific slayer, remove curse can be done with apples if you feel the need.
The only boss that you "need" EOO for is Neira and the Harrower. You can reach the damage modifier cap with slayers/honor on every other champ.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anatomy to maximize damage. I use reforged weapons for elemental damage, don't need DF, EOO is useless with double super slayer or single specific slayer, remove curse can be done with apples if you feel the need.
The only boss that you "need" EOO for is Neira and the Harrower. You can reach the damage modifier cap with slayers/honor on every other champ.
I agree :)
I wont say that chiv is useless, but who wants to press their concentrate key 3000 times during a champ spawn, when we have 100% elemental weapons? Same goes for divine fury.
Both 100% elemental weapons, and ssi is so easy to get.
I have both builds with and without chiv, and i use elemental weapons on both.
When i do niera on my samp with chiv, i dont use chiv before boss is up, same for divine fury, there really is no need for it. Kinda sad, but thats just how it is.
For group stuff, sure chiv is a must have, but anything else u solo and u get the honor, and there is a slayer for that encounter, hell no i pick anatomy any day for the extra damage.