• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I went AFK

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's your standing still i take 5 or more minutes to kill stuff with only occasionally heal pet .so people mustbe paging. Maybe lets start say what shard. Others around etc

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS should have been on Tram very long ago, but would not push the cursing of drops too much in case Devs see this and make it a habit for both Fel and Tram.
I guess he wanted more challenge, and something to break the monotony.
Anyways some folks can never be pleased. I'm wiling to bet that most folks feel same way : Glad that they put the event together and let us at it.
I like all events they have their own good and bad things. I personally liked the Destard event better, as far as location, room to play, and some pretty mean foes to defeat. These are cool. What I do not like are event/Quests that have 355 and one steps to do, like the underwater suit you need to put together or some others. But they appeal to some folk also.
Trammel ruleset already has everything in the game. If you get Powerscrolls in the Trammel ruleset, I want Shadowguard & the Underwater Boss fights to be in a Fel ruleset.

None of the people who advocate for Powerscrolls in Tram go to Fel to do ANYTHING. Why should you get to dictate what goes on there? It's almost 2023. If you really want scrolls, go do spawns. With enough people you can knock them out in less than 20 minutes. You're likely not going to get raided, because nobody really cares anymore.

Not all players can solo Rams and PEs. No LLs on the first floor.
Every player that goes to Deceit should be able to handle every monster there. None of them are that difficult. Durable & annoying? Yes. The Paragon Rams are a good example of it. But NOTHING fought in Deceit is on the level of the high-end Paragons from Destard. I couldn't even make a DENT in a Paragon Shadow Wyrm during the Destard event unless I brought a thrower in to help with it. And even that failed.

Don't get me wrong. There SHOULD be things in this game that can't be killed by a solo player. In fact, there need to be more monsters like that. Currently, what do we have that can't be soloed? EM Event boss fights? At one point, before I originally stopped playing, there was a group on LS that managed to take out a Paragon Balron in the Blood Dungeon. Back then, they were incredibly difficult, and we only succeeded because someone had a Hiryu tanking + multiple people healing it. None of the monsters have kept up with the power creep of gear/abilities, and it shows. Things that I once found impossible are a walk in the park.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Not all players can solo Rams and PEs. No LLs on the first floor.
Not all skill set - right. My thrower or warrior with healing both can stand and fight a ram and fighter with Bushido and healing ( bandages every 4 sec + confidence + ecasion) can stand and fight para PE .
With my ping on ATL I cannot outrun any paragon
Luckily I never been paged with my thrower , but we (me and my ninja triton) don't stay much at one place : too boring .

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@drcossathe problem is not the lack of hard to fight mosters but a reward for doing so. What did you get when you finally downed thst para shadow wyrm? Zinch, nada, prob even same amount of gold as killing regular wyrm. How long did it take you? So far the only encounter that makes sense doing is roof. If you didnt get a drop, at least you get a chance getting some gear in the loot

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@drcossathe problem is not the lack of hard to fight mosters but a reward for doing so. What did you get when you finally downed thst para shadow wyrm? Zinch, nada, prob even same amount of gold as killing regular wyrm. How long did it take you? So far the only encounter that makes sense doing is roof. If you didnt get a drop, at least you get a chance getting some gear in the loot
all I got from that Para Shadow Wyrm was some death robes. They weren't worth the effort, at least on level 2. Got PLENTY of turn-in points from level 1's insane amount of spawn and wraith form earthquake spam.

I agree on the rewards though - only a few things in this game are worth doing, like Shadowguard (and I can solo half of the Roof's quartet purely through turning on Consume Damage.)