• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I went AFK

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am 71 years old and my butt hurts sitting for a while, I hid and got up to stretch, when I came back from that short period I was standing spawn started to appear, I cast EV and started attacking with bow and spell. My character is a Archer/mage/spellweaver. When I saw my EV turn away and I was doing no damage I knew then that somehow I was being pick as a BAD person and not allowed to defend myself.
Vixen:
You are dead.
a skeletal knight: *rummages through a corpse and takes an item*
Vixen: -go ahead and kill me you SOB; Vixen: I was present all the time
You cannot control that while dead. They can't hear your voice.
Vixen: I was present all the time

Please enter [ to reply to the GM.
[GM][Quinn]: Begin GM Chat
[GM][Quinn]: Greetings! This is GM Quinn! I'm here to help with your issue with your character. Do you have a moment? You can respond to me by typing [ followed by your text if you are in 2-D, or /gm for Enhanced Client.

[GM][Vixen]: I was fighting in four room with archer/mage/spellwever, running back and forth
Vixen: Vas An Nox - Arch Cure

[GM][Vixen]: one character with three skills
[GM][Quinn]: I understand, but the reason you were unable to do damage is because You have been flagged for AFK. The penalty for being flagged is not being able to do damage for a period of time.

[GM][Vixen]: and I found myself not able to do any defend myself, how long as I ws only afk a few seconds
[GM][Quinn]: I understand, it is because You have been flagged for AFK. The penalty for being flagged is not being able to do damage for a period of time.

[GM][Vixen]: how long a period?
[GM][Quinn]: I could not say, I'm sorry.
[GM][Quinn]: Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can say or do about this. I am sorry.
Vixen: In Vas Mani - Greater Heal
[GM][Vixen]: thank you for at least answering me

[GM][Quinn]: Of course.
[GM][Vixen]: have a good day
[GM][Quinn]: Is there anything else I can assist with today?
[GM][Quinn]: You as well
[GM][Quinn]: Thank you so much for playing Ultima Online, I do hope you have a great day! Stay Safe!
[GM][Quinn]: End GM Chat

I was told from others that the period is 15 minutes, question I have is do I have to be in the game that 15 minutes or can I log out go sulk and come back a hour later to play again?

So if your butt hurts from sitting to long, recall or run out side before you go AFK

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should kill all the afk toons, you lose insurance and none insured stuff. Nothing personal to the OP but there are better places to go afk than outside a dungeon. No one wants people hanging around the subway stations, do it in the shopping mall called Luna.

Hopefully this will, somehow, be applied to the afk gold farmers....

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why post on both forums ?

Leave dungeon. And recall home

NO excuses and NO reason to loiter outside dungeon

simple

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the GM does all the normal sparkles and explosions to grab one's typical AFK attention yet you don't reply it's standard one ends up in the bucs den jail, consider yourselves lucky they don't kill you, the pet and, accidentally, turn off one's insurance....

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why should I not be able to sit outside the dungeon so I can gate my dead toons and others up, res players pets and heal the newly living?

My gameplay style does not affect you.
Go to official forum and tell us ...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If the GM does all the normal sparkles and explosions to grab one's typical AFK attention yet you don't reply it's standard one ends up in the bucs den jail, consider yourselves lucky they don't kill you, the pet and, accidentally, turn off one's insurance....
I'm 100% ok with this for inside the dungeon

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to official forum and tell us ...
Like I said over there, non of the people dinged are telling us what shard they are on or if they were in the dungeon while afk. Also this is not new. I was hit with it in Destard. I left a toon by the ankh in a safe place and would bring things to the area with a Melee toon, so the afk toon could blast them with area spells.

I forgot he was there and was just running around with the melee toon. when I remembered, he could not do damage to mobs.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They should kill all the afk toons, you lose insurance and none insured stuff. Nothing personal to the OP but there are better places to go afk than outside a dungeon. No one wants people hanging around the subway stations, do it in the shopping mall called Luna.

Hopefully this will, somehow, be applied to the afk gold farmers....
Hard Disagree.

I am 71 years old and my butt hurts sitting for a while, I hid and got up to stretch, when I came back from that short period I was standing spawn started to appear, I cast EV and started attacking with bow and spell. My character is a Archer/mage/spellweaver. When I saw my EV turn away and I was doing no damage I knew then that somehow I was being pick as a BAD person and not allowed to defend myself.
Vixen:
You are dead.
a skeletal knight: *rummages through a corpse and takes an item*
Vixen: -go ahead and kill me you SOB; Vixen: I was present all the time
You cannot control that while dead. They can't hear your voice.

Please enter [ to reply to the GM.
[GM][Quinn]: Begin GM Chat
[GM][Quinn]: Greetings! This is GM Quinn! I'm here to help with your issue with your character. Do you have a moment? You can respond to me by typing [ followed by your text if you are in 2-D, or /gm for Enhanced Client.

[GM][Vixen]: I was fighting in four room with archer/mage/spellwever, running back and forth
Vixen: Vas An Nox - Arch Cure

[GM][Vixen]: one character with three skills
[GM][Quinn]: I understand, but the reason you were unable to do damage is because You have been flagged for AFK. The penalty for being flagged is not being able to do damage for a period of time.

[GM][Vixen]: and I found myself not able to do any defend myself, how long as I ws only afk a few seconds
[GM][Quinn]: I understand, it is because You have been flagged for AFK. The penalty for being flagged is not being able to do damage for a period of time.

[GM][Vixen]: how long a period?
[GM][Quinn]: I could not say, I'm sorry.
[GM][Quinn]: Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can say or do about this. I am sorry.
Vixen: In Vas Mani - Greater Heal
[GM][Vixen]: thank you for at least answering me

[GM][Quinn]: Of course.
[GM][Vixen]: have a good day
[GM][Quinn]: Is there anything else I can assist with today?
[GM][Quinn]: You as well
[GM][Quinn]: Thank you so much for playing Ultima Online, I do hope you have a great day! Stay Safe!
[GM][Quinn]: End GM Chat

I was told from others that the period is 15 minutes, question I have is do I have to be in the game that 15 minutes or can I log out go sulk and come back a hour later to play again?

So if your butt hurts from sitting to long, recall or run out side before you go AFK
They should at least make the rules clear. It only punishes the people that aren't cheating by making them unclear. People that are cheating can figure it out pretty easy I would assume just for the fact that they are actively trying to skirt around the rules and become better aware of them. At least give people an awareness of when they should dip out to Luna. Not everywhere allows you to get back easily and hiding is a crucial skill people use like the OP did. Especially for those with accessibility issues. UO is an old game. There are older players.

Why post on both forums ?

Leave dungeon. And recall home

NO excuses and NO reason to loiter outside dungeon

simple
Hard Disagree.
OP was genuinely AFK and not breaking rules
I'm 100% ok with this for inside the dungeon
If they are farming AFK or grinding skills, sure. If they are just hiding, no.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
flaged and just used a potion as an archer stayed to long in the last room. so waisted the potion.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate these dungeon events but I’ll sometimes sit outside just to heal others / rez their pets and catch up on current chit chat. I just try to do my little part in helping my community when I can.
I’ll admit I go afk a lot doing this. Does this really affect anyone in a negative way ?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hate these dungeon events but I’ll sometimes sit outside just to heal others / rez their pets and catch up on current chit chat. I just try to do my little part in helping my community when I can.
I’ll admit I go afk a lot doing this. Does this really affect anyone in a negative way ?
No it doesn't but being outside will not get you actioned

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" I am 71 years old and my butt hurts sitting for a while, I hid and got up to stretch, when I came back from that short period I was standing spawn started to appear....."

Sound like afk hidden inside the dungeon to me. We have no way of telling how long (10 min, 15 min, 20 min?) the OP was afk. Most of the time, when you afk, you do not know exactly how many minutes you are afk or you lost track of time and come back logged out of the game. The outcry against the stealth tamer's several years ago who would afk farm events, etc in the corner while the pet did the work were a major factor for the "nerfs" in these events.

As I have seen it, afk characters have not been a massive issue in the last couple of events, due to the auto reveal nature of these event mobs. So, I am wondering what abuse of the events this is aimed at because the outcries at the last event had little to do with afk characters. It was a different form of abuse regarding automated play and multi-char control who were interacting with the game (not afk).

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The developers are rightly taking action against the AFK bots that have abused past events. People have complained about this on the forums for years and the previous event at Destard may have been the worse we ever saw it. Its a shame that some innocent people are getting caught up and tagged with the damage penalty, but taking action on this problem is long overdue. Sitting back and not doing anything at all because a few people might get butt hurt is no longer an option. I applaud the efforts to finally try to deal with the cheaters and scriptors.

To those saying "but my playstyle doesn't affect you"... it does. Having people AFK creates more lag in the dungeon. Allowing AFK bots to go unimpeded farming the event hurts the economy and takes opportunities for drops away from others. Worst of all, this ends up putting gold in the coffers of cheaters who don't deserve it. Taking these types of penalty actions knowing it would upset some people to deal with the bigger problem at hand took some courage. This event will be up for three months, there will be plenty more opportunities to get your drops.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Merlin I have to agree with you and due to this hit on me for getting up out of my chair, I change my ways, if I have to get up again I recall out. Regardless who I am with, I am not going to get a tag for being AFK, I will recall out and log out in a safer area.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They could communicate the specific details better.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then need a system to see if your really away from keys. if I am in a room hiting target next I should not be hit was AFK

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw some scripting that makes it look like a character is not AFK, back in the days when Dungeon Blackthorn was populated.
The character could take a few steps, target a MOB, shoot arrows, say a few words.
I betcha that this new flagging wouldn't catch that.

So... the problem isn't being solved (if indeed there is a problem at all) and old players are being inconvenienced?
After a quarter of a century we're all old now?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I saw some scripting that makes it look like a character is not AFK, back in the days when Dungeon Blackthorn was populated.
The character could take a few steps, target a MOB, shoot arrows, say a few words.
I betcha that this new flagging wouldn't catch that.

So... the problem isn't being solved (if indeed there is a problem at all) and old players are being inconvenienced?
After a quarter of a century we're all old now?
I could suggest that the scripters have advanced enough to respond to the gm by name and that it is only real players who go afk that are being caught so ya joe average who parks his sampire or pet getting it but the real bad guys probably not

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could suggest that the scripters have advanced enough to respond to the gm by name and that it is only real players who go afk that are being caught so ya joe average who parks his sampire or pet getting it but the real bad guys probably not
They ask specific questions like what day is it, or how many drops have you got. I may go sit somewhere afk to see if there is a timer that calls a GM, they look at you then give you a time out without talking to you.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got teleported out of the dungeon to the middle of Haven mid-fight. Only my sampire got teleported and my bard stayed. No one else nearby and no gates open. I immediately spoke in game asking if there was a GM there but got no response.

I really don't appreciate being teleported mid-fight.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got teleported out of the dungeon to the middle of Haven mid-fight. Only my sampire got teleported and my bard stayed. No one else nearby and no gates open. I immediately spoke in game asking if there was a GM there but got no response.

I really don't appreciate being teleported mid-fight.
Walk into one of Mervyns gates?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The GMs are doing all kinds of stuff. Hopefully they are disrupting some actual cheaters.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't read the whole thread but feel compelled to reply. Based on my understanding of this afk penalty, it sounds pointless and counter-intuitive.

Someone who is serious about afk-farming is going to get around this very simply by typing something into chat (or whispering something) with their macro/script. If afk is determined by movement, then they can simply use a macro or script to move their character at interval. There are other actions that can be taken to avoid timing out, such as opening a spellbook, or toggling war mode. Hence it's more likely to punish people that aren't doing anything except going afk for an actual legit reason.

Once again, I will reiterate as I have before - the answer to these and other similar problems is not weird little tricks like this or playing whack-a-mole with the ban hammer - the answer is in fact better gameplay. Crafting a challenging dungeon experience with smarter monsters that engages the human mind makes it orders of magnitude more difficult to automate. When your game is so simple that it can be automated or played AFK, that is a sign that your gameplay is monotonous and uninspired.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When your game is so simple that it can be automated or played AFK, that is a sign that your gameplay is monotonous and uninspired.
Though I totally agree with this statement, the gameplay has always been the way that it is. The horrible AI is and always has been part of the UO experience. Unfortunately, I don't think the current development team has the creative or technical capability to change this. Even if they did, I feel like the majority of the players would be against making a change to the base AI of mobs to make them more difficult or require even a moderate amount of thought to defeat.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haven't read the whole thread but feel compelled to reply. Based on my understanding of this afk penalty, it sounds pointless and counter-intuitive.

Someone who is serious about afk-farming is going to get around this very simply by typing something into chat (or whispering something) with their macro/script. If afk is determined by movement, then they can simply use a macro or script to move their character at interval. There are other actions that can be taken to avoid timing out, such as opening a spellbook, or toggling war mode. Hence it's more likely to punish people that aren't doing anything except going afk for an actual legit reason.

Once again, I will reiterate as I have before - the answer to these and other similar problems is not weird little tricks like this or playing whack-a-mole with the ban hammer - the answer is in fact better gameplay. Crafting a challenging dungeon experience with smarter monsters that engages the human mind makes it orders of magnitude more difficult to automate. When your game is so simple that it can be automated or played AFK, that is a sign that your gameplay is monotonous and uninspired.
Just exactly what is it that you think the mobs ought to do? What do you think would make it more "challenging"? Keep in mind that this game is 2d... tile-based... and sprite-based... It isn't capable of a whole hell of a lot. The dungeon isn't going to change its layout... that just isn't going to work... You act like it would be simple to just change the AI... yet you offer no insight into what would make it more engaging and challenging for you...

Beyond that ... a Zombie isn't really going to do more than just come at you and try to eat you... a skeleton is going to just come at you and try to tear you to bits... it doesn't really have brains... a ghoul or spirit isn't really going to put up much of a challenge either... and a Lich might... but he gave up his brains for his immortal death... his body is in a constant state of decay... so ... not like he can do much... he's a good mage perhaps... and that's probably why you have all those elementals about... I blame them... There isn't really a lot to undead... Unlike Covetous with Cora you don't really have a master monster there... Do keep that in mind... Despise is honestly mostly a tomb... I don't really see Zombies as being "smart"...

Now they do design better monsters and mobs... but Despise is a tomb... But again ... things are very limited in what they can and can't do... you might do better giving them some suggestions rather than just being vague...

I could say I'd like them to add more pets and tameables... but then when they give us colored rabbits get annoyed that it wasn't what I wanted...

I could say give us more spells... and when they give us Masteries get annoyed that it doesn't work with my template...

I could ask for a new helm... and get mad if they might gave us a bucket... with eyeholes cut in it.

If you don't offer any real suggestions or examples what do you expect?

As well I don't see them having more than a handful of people on the team... 2 at least are artists... not programmers...

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just exactly what is it that you think the mobs ought to do? What do you think would make it more "challenging"? Keep in mind that this game is 2d... tile-based... and sprite-based... It isn't capable of a whole hell of a lot. The dungeon isn't going to change its layout... that just isn't going to work... You act like it would be simple to just change the AI... yet you offer no insight into what would make it more engaging and challenging for you...

Beyond that ... a Zombie isn't really going to do more than just come at you and try to eat you... a skeleton is going to just come at you and try to tear you to bits... it doesn't really have brains... a ghoul or spirit isn't really going to put up much of a challenge either... and a Lich might... but he gave up his brains for his immortal death... his body is in a constant state of decay... so ... not like he can do much... he's a good mage perhaps... and that's probably why you have all those elementals about... I blame them... There isn't really a lot to undead... Unlike Covetous with Cora you don't really have a master monster there... Do keep that in mind... Despise is honestly mostly a tomb... I don't really see Zombies as being "smart"...

Now they do design better monsters and mobs... but Despise is a tomb... But again ... things are very limited in what they can and can't do... you might do better giving them some suggestions rather than just being vague...

I could say I'd like them to add more pets and tameables... but then when they give us colored rabbits get annoyed that it wasn't what I wanted...

I could say give us more spells... and when they give us Masteries get annoyed that it doesn't work with my template...

I could ask for a new helm... and get mad if they might gave us a bucket... with eyeholes cut in it.

If you don't offer any real suggestions or examples what do you expect?

As well I don't see them having more than a handful of people on the team... 2 at least are artists... not programmers...
The simplest, most direct, and most needed improvement would be increasing monster stats in general, most of which are very outdated. Some monsters, like zombies or skeletons, can be killed in one hit which makes no sense in terms of gameplay. The damage they do is so negligible they may as well not even be there. Even in paragon form they're fairly pointless. Paragon spectral armors do negligible damage, even though they take a long time to kill. Non-paragon liches can be killed in one hit - great from a farming standpoint - but terrible in terms of gameplay. The difficulty of a paragon lich should be the difficulty of a standard lich at a minimum if the monsters were better balanced (but really, a lich should be what a lich lord is now, and lich lords should be what ancient liches are now, minimum). Zombies should be at the level of Rotting Corpses (and rotting corpses, in turn, should be even more powerful).

Adding additional or unique abilities to monsters is the next step in improving the challenge. Abilities to stun players, slow players, throw them around. Even though I hate those disarms from the ossein rams, I cannot deny their effectiveness. AOE abilities, summoning abilities. What if, and this is just a random example, multiple zombies attacking the same target had a chance of dismounting them. Or what if, let's say, dead skeletons had a chance of resurrecting themselves - perhaps sometimes as themselves, or as 2 patchwork skeletons, or perhaps multiple skeletons resurrecting as a single bone daemon. What if poison elementals could release poisonous clouds that do AOE damage, or perhaps create poison traps on the ground around them or wherever they step. I could go on and on with this stuff. When I say that monsters should be "smarter", I do not necessarily mean they should play chess with you or ask you riddles. I mean they should do a little bit more than wander in your general direction and slap you.

Targeting is something else I think is worth taking a look at. The way that paragons switch targets to incoming players is interesting and adds a little bit of spice to a situation. A basic aggro system, or additional triggers for target switching for non-paragon mobs would also add a slight measure of additional challenge. Randomly targeting a weak player. Or what if, let's say, a mob could hit a character with a debuff that causes monsters in the vicinity to have a chance of prioritizing them as a target.

I've said a lot here but I don't think it would take a whole lot to make the dungeon more challenging. The Deceit event actually does pack a solid punch in many respects. The Hythloth event was also pretty good in terms of strength + numbers of monsters. For what it's worth, in the time I've spent in Deceit on Catskills I haven't personally seen anyone that is AFK farming. I've seen one person that looked to be playing 3 accounts at once, but that's all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The simplest, most direct, and most needed improvement would be increasing monster stats in general, most of which are very outdated. Some monsters, like zombies or skeletons, can be killed in one hit which makes no sense in terms of gameplay. The damage they do is so negligible they may as well not even be there. Even in paragon form they're fairly pointless. Paragon spectral armors do negligible damage, even though they take a long time to kill. Non-paragon liches can be killed in one hit - great from a farming standpoint - but terrible in terms of gameplay. The difficulty of a paragon lich should be the difficulty of a standard lich at a minimum if the monsters were better balanced (but really, a lich should be what a lich lord is now, and lich lords should be what ancient liches are now, minimum). Zombies should be at the level of Rotting Corpses (and rotting corpses, in turn, should be even more powerful).

Adding additional or unique abilities to monsters is the next step in improving the challenge. Abilities to stun players, slow players, throw them around. Even though I hate those disarms from the ossein rams, I cannot deny their effectiveness. AOE abilities, summoning abilities. What if, and this is just a random example, multiple zombies attacking the same target had a chance of dismounting them. Or what if, let's say, dead skeletons had a chance of resurrecting themselves - perhaps sometimes as themselves, or as 2 patchwork skeletons, or perhaps multiple skeletons resurrecting as a single bone daemon. What if poison elementals could release poisonous clouds that do AOE damage, or perhaps create poison traps on the ground around them or wherever they step. I could go on and on with this stuff. When I say that monsters should be "smarter", I do not necessarily mean they should play chess with you or ask you riddles. I mean they should do a little bit more than wander in your general direction and slap you.

Targeting is something else I think is worth taking a look at. The way that paragons switch targets to incoming players is interesting and adds a little bit of spice to a situation. A basic aggro system, or additional triggers for target switching for non-paragon mobs would also add a slight measure of additional challenge. Randomly targeting a weak player. Or what if, let's say, a mob could hit a character with a debuff that causes monsters in the vicinity to have a chance of prioritizing them as a target.

I've said a lot here but I don't think it would take a whole lot to make the dungeon more challenging. The Deceit event actually does pack a solid punch in many respects. The Hythloth event was also pretty good in terms of strength + numbers of monsters. For what it's worth, in the time I've spent in Deceit on Catskills I haven't personally seen anyone that is AFK farming. I've seen one person that looked to be playing 3 accounts at once, but that's all.
In their defense not that I defend the DEVs much at all... when all this stuff came out we didn't have super slaying weapons... we didn't have item properties beyond "silver" and some other things I can't remember as I'm old and can't remember names of anything at all anymore but it was something that started with an "I"... and you had to go in groups to do many things because well you could hit a dragon all day long and do minimal damage to the thing... there were no greater dragons... and liches sent shivers down your spine... as you knew you could well die. But then AoS came and destroyed all that. But as I have told the DEVs over and over you can't put that cat back in the bag now that it's out...

Yes, they could revamp all that stuff... but imagine a newbie in New Haven trying to kill the skeletons and zombies and such if they had all the things you described... they wouldn't last 2 seconds...

See the problem is you are thinking too hard... my suggestion if you want more "challenge" would be the same as I tell others... go make yourself a suit of GM armor with no added properties ... a GM weapon... no added stuff... take your jewels off and go on in there... and fight. See the game is what you make it... if it's too easy you made it that way... by gearing yourself out to the max you make the game too easy for yourself... if you are bored that's on you. You do not have to wear the best of the best of gear in Despise...

Just my 2cents...

mihali

Sage
Or go to Fel Deceit, and try your luck there : 1k more luck, and that does make a difference, plus challenge - PvP the human player that would become the ultimate challenge. So what if you get killed? We get killed anyway by paragons. Playing vs others could be conceivably of interest if you need more challenge. They should have active Fel Event in every shard, all the time for the folks that want to try it, plus active event on Tramel for folks that like that. My 10 cents.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or go to Fel Deceit, and try your luck there : 1k more luck, and that does make a difference, plus challenge - PvP the human player that would become the ultimate challenge. So what if you get killed? We get killed anyway by paragons. Playing vs others could be conceivably of interest if you need more challenge. They should have active Fel Event in every shard, all the time for the folks that want to try it, plus active event on Tramel for folks that like that. My 10 cents.
Curse the drops or add ps to tram..

mihali

Sage
PS should have been on Tram very long ago, but would not push the cursing of drops too much in case Devs see this and make it a habit for both Fel and Tram.
I guess he wanted more challenge, and something to break the monotony.
Anyways some folks can never be pleased. I'm wiling to bet that most folks feel same way : Glad that they put the event together and let us at it.
I like all events they have their own good and bad things. I personally liked the Destard event better, as far as location, room to play, and some pretty mean foes to defeat. These are cool. What I do not like are event/Quests that have 355 and one steps to do, like the underwater suit you need to put together or some others. But they appeal to some folk also.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Why should I not be able to sit outside the dungeon so I can gate my dead toons and others up, res players pets and heal the newly living?

My gameplay style does not affect you.
But this change doesn't affect your gater /resser

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had an EM event in Fire when that event was active. They put a bunch of NPC healers in the dungeon, it was real nice to have those for a few days until they were cleaned up. :)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
No they walk in the dungeon to help kill a paragon at the entry after being static.
All paragon are solo killable in this event. Nothing like para-Balrons/Succubi we had before.

Anyway there are much less people outside the dungeon on ATL so runes are working most of times. Before I was using runes to house with corrupted portal on the porch.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All paragon are solo killable in this event. Nothing like para-Balrons/Succubi we had before.

Anyway there are much less people outside the dungeon on ATL so runes are working most of times. Before I was using runes to house with corrupted portal on the porch.
The reports of people being tagged with a time out were on Origin and it was because someone paged on them for standing on the NPC outside.

Not all players can solo Rams and PEs. No LLs on the first floor.

The developers are rightly taking action against the AFK bots that have abused past events. People have complained about this on the forums for years and the previous event at Destard may have been the worse we ever saw it. Its a shame that some innocent people are getting caught up and tagged with the damage penalty, but taking action on this problem is long overdue. Sitting back and not doing anything at all because a few people might get butt hurt is no longer an option. I applaud the efforts to finally try to deal with the cheaters and scriptors.

To those saying "but my playstyle doesn't affect you"... it does. Having people AFK creates more lag in the dungeon. Allowing AFK bots to go unimpeded farming the event hurts the economy and takes opportunities for drops away from others. Worst of all, this ends up putting gold in the coffers of cheaters who don't deserve it. Taking these types of penalty actions knowing it would upset some people to deal with the bigger problem at hand took some courage. This event will be up for three months, there will be plenty more opportunities to get your drops.
Thing annoys me is I got hit and I wad standing still trying to kill one of them stupid swords

Thats not afk that's trying to kill mobs like wtf

Most time I'm running around away from mobs but archers have to stand still to shoot, so they gonna keep banning me? Stupid system putting risk to hard working players

Hopefully. But it would have been nice if they just tried talking to me rather than teleporting with no communication.
I'm annoyed that they instead of talking to someone just assume there afk even if there shooting stuff

I mean that's let some program decide who's afk and who's not instead of a human confirming such and then not give the accused a basis to defend such lies thats a computer said your doing wrong.

And where exactly is being afk? In TCS and Cs?

We know about casting spells speaking ect but standing still with no actions? Or even your char automatically shooting a monster? What if you don't use spells? Or need to is the system gonna flag you up constantly for being afk? It's dishonest and dam right horrible to put people's hard worked accounts at risk like that.