• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I too hate to see what this Drama do to Siege

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So they dry loot...
So they rez kill...
So they watch spawns...
So they use ghost cams...
So they're targeting GIL specifically...
So they smack talk in chat...
You listed the things most people do not have a problem with. It´s the other stuff...

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in a nutshell.. people with too many blessings, are getting their asses kicked by those with too many scripts.

Explain to me again why you don't want to play pre-AoS Siege.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Who said I don't play uo? You wouldn't last 15 mins where I play uo.

Now, now spider....I am pretty sure we both know you play a thief on forever......That has always been your main gig. I never fault you on F- but let's not get carried away imo if you can play there anyone can. Its not that difficult.....only annoyances lik EQMS

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Soooooooo, someone fill me in on where all the butt-hurt is coming from...

The way I see it is a group of PvPers came in, started smacking that ass, and now everyone is crying. Is that pretty much it?

So they dry loot...
So they rez kill...
So they watch spawns...
So they use ghost cams...
So they're targeting GIL specifically...
So they smack talk in chat...

What's the problem? It was the same thing when TNT/KOC/OTF/TO and others were playing. Literally, nothing has changed. I used to kill every blue player I saw running about. No one ever came to the boards and cried about it...it was expected. Hell, I used to cut up armor and drop the scraps next to their body. Still, no one complained about it.

The only thing I see that's happened is this "community" has grown soft since the actual PvPers left. You've had nearly 5 years of peace...it's time someone mixed it up.
amen....Siege has grown soft and flabby....

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, now spider....I am pretty sure we both know you play a thief on forever......That has always been your main gig. I never fault you on F- but let's not get carried away imo if you can play there anyone can. Its not that difficult.....only annoyances lik EQMS
Heh. But it is so much fun to be able to play a true thief! Even stealing from eqms! Wish I had been a thief in Siege when I was VmP!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
FrejaSP said:
I believe this thread is done, it was only made to give a message to the community, not made for fighting. It can be locked.

lol

You guys have grown so soft.
It sure have been a tough week and weekend, I believe for several guilds. Not the fighting/dying etc but so much policy fighting. I believe we just need to relax and play the game and show some respect to each others. We all want the same, to make Siege grow and get more players. We may not agree how to do it and who we want but we can still help each others to make the shard grow.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides trash talking and cheating I welcome PK's to dry loot, camp dungeons/houses, raid spawns, kill crafters or anyone. It adds excitement to the game.
It sounds like everyone here has become a little to comfortable.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen the tea party brigades naughty bits this sandy since we stole factions from them with trial accounts :) :stir:

Della

Visitor
Mssy and Hot both get destroyed in equal number fights on Atlantic . Hot will admit that Mssy is a bunch of special Ed kids that will only fight numbers 2 to 1. If anyone in siege wants to do a 3om 4 on 4 we can set this up and you will lose. No guild has pushed Hi5 anywhere we are looking to expand to all shards.

Mossy
Hi5 doesn't play atl anymore, they got run off the shard.

Mossy

Visitor
Della,

Clearly you at a troll and have no facts to show for your claims. 4 Hi5 destroyed 9 Mssy and 8 Hot in destard last night. Causing MSSY to start losing it in their ventrilo. I'll post pics later of the slaughter.

Thanks,

Mossy

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't you get it? hi5 will just run to a different shard.
If that is what they choose to do that is their choice, but they won't get very far on their Siege characters. Their Siege characters are trapped here forever & forever.:hahaha:

Arden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can I get a TL;DR please?

Considering coming back...but from what I tell siege wont be able to handle that

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah!!! This is the kind of threads we need again, not to mention the action in game!

Can Siege make a comeback? Time will tell... :sword:
Not without a revert to 2003 or a hot tub time machine. Too much trammel has trickled down from the prodo servers.

There's a reason that hundreds of players are logged in during prime hours "elsewhere". And it's a rockin night in Siege when the active logins are double digits.. including alts.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can I get a TL;DR please?

Considering coming back...but from what I tell siege wont be able to handle that
You could give it a try, but a lot had changed and sadly it is more item based than 6 years ago where you last tried and way more item based than 11 years ago, where you last played.
Good to see you Arden :devil:

asmodi

Visitor
It's really good seeing more of these old names back :)
Good to see you Arden!
... Anyone seen Rumpy lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
@FreyaSP - You're probably right. Items always seemed to mask player ability, but items in uo have always been just something that takes time. And I love farming! hehe!!

Honestly, Im on a free server at the moment and loving it, but a few of us were chatting saying id be fun to play siege again.

@BoBo - Ya that's tough when there is no pvp. UO is a pvp first game and it seems Siege PERILOUS has turned into more like Siege NOT SO PERILOUS. But I really like the no insurance and the fact that it is up to date with current OSI/EA rule set. I miss ninja/sammies etc.

@everyone else HAI! :D

I really didn't read through too much of the thread but it seems folks got pked a bit and weren't happy? How is this any diff than any other period on siege? People get pked all the time and it sucks losing gear but that is what siege is all about. OR is the bothersome part bc people are talking ****? I mean I can understanding being pissed about being griefed, but that comes with online gaming sometimes. Go play LoL and see how fast you quit there.

Im WAY WAY more toned down than the HUGE **** I used to be 10 years ago, but I still find UO pvp to be the best pvp in any MMO (rivaled only by hearthstone! :p) with siege no insurance being my fav play style which is why I always have dreams of playing here again.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@everyone else HAI! :D

I really didn't read through too much of the thread but it seems folks got pked a bit and weren't happy? How is this any diff than any other period on siege? People get pked all the time and it sucks losing gear but that is what siege is all about. OR is the bothersome part bc people are talking ****? I mean I can understanding being pissed about being griefed, but that comes with online gaming sometimes. Go play LoL and see how fast you quit there.

Im WAY WAY more toned down than the HUGE **** I used to be 10 years ago, but I still find UO pvp to be the best pvp in any MMO (rivaled only by hearthstone! :p) with siege no insurance being my fav play style which is why I always have dreams of playing here again.
It's not the PK that bothers anyone it's Siege we know it's gonna happen, Its the way these PKs' go about it. See their is a difference between play style game griefing, and being a totally big ****** bag who kicks their kicks outta bully griefing players on a game. I really do not blame the players who do not want anything to do with these players. I think Kelmo gets targeted the most, cuz he was a mod here is my opinion. Its great to have fun on a game,have your own play style but that at the expensive of other players.
Me I don't care how they acted doesn't get to me before I even started playing I was warned about these kinda players, and not to let them get to me. They pay for their accounts so I never tell anyone how to act, but to be accept on Siege they might want to step back, take a good look at themselves. Things might have been handled differently, if they didn't acted like total ****** bags .

Last edited:

Arden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I see your point.

For starters, Kelmo gets what he gets because of how he acts/acted. And I don't want to hear some white knight stuff about him. He has his positive traits and I do believe hes genuinely a good guy, prob better than most of the folks on siege (including myself back when I played) but he can be a royal ****/troll when he wants to be. He was a biased mod who troll people and got away with it bc he was basically the police. Consider him a racist police officer and the folks that chose to talk **** were whatever race he hated the most.

As for people acting like *****, I agree it comes with the territory. And its cool to hear that you knew that coming in and that it didn't affect you. I truly applaud your personality, and wish everyone acted like you.

However where I think some siege players miss the boat, and Im not sure if this includes you, is when they say things like "wont be accepted into the community." Griefs, bullies, even players like me, aren't looking for a community to accept them. They are looking to kill people, get a rise out of you, and keep to themselves. So tell folks "we don't accept you" is winning in their eyes. If you all log out, and stop playing griefers win. They go back to their servers till you decide to start playing again and then come right back and do it again.

The "bullies" posting on here can chime, but I know thats how I thought. When all the ORKS quit siege, Ash and I knew we had just beat the game, and we moved on to diff folks on siege to get to quit.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see your point.

For starters, Kelmo gets what he gets because of how he acts/acted. And I don't want to hear some white knight stuff about him. He has his positive traits and I do believe hes genuinely a good guy, prob better than most of the folks on siege (including myself back when I played) but he can be a royal ****/troll when he wants to be. He was a biased mod who troll people and got away with it bc he was basically the police. Consider him a racist police officer and the folks that chose to talk **** were whatever race he hated the most.
I have nothing bad to say about Kelmo,I never payed attention on how he was as a mod here on the boards.

As for people acting like *****, I agree it comes with the territory. And its cool to hear that you knew that coming in and that it didn't affect you. I truly applaud your personality, and wish everyone acted like you.
thank you

However where I think some siege players miss the boat, and Im not sure if this includes you, is when they say things like "wont be accepted into the community." Griefs, bullies, even players like me, aren't looking for a community to accept them. They are looking to kill people, get a rise out of you, and keep to themselves. So tell folks "we don't accept you" is winning in their eyes. If you all log out, and stop playing griefers win. They go back to their servers till you decide to start playing again and then come right back and do it again.
I'm just me playing the game I'm not here to be accepted or not accepted, but I won't treat anyone badly over any game.

The "bullies" posting on here can chime, but I know thats how I thought. When all the ORKS quit siege, Ash and I knew we had just beat the game, and we moved on to diff folks on siege to get to quit.
Iol you would quit Siege before I would I'd probably bore you to death with my house decorating skills.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When all the ORKS quit siege, Ash and I knew we had just beat the game, and we moved on to diff folks on siege to get to quit.
Seeing the ORC quit was very sad as they added a lot fun to the game and many lesser PvP'ers loved to go to orc fort and play with them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However where I think some siege players miss the boat, and Im not sure if this includes you, is when they say things like "wont be accepted into the community." Griefs, bullies, even players like me, aren't looking for a community to accept them. They are looking to kill people, get a rise out of you, and keep to themselves.
Exactly correct. I really don't have a huge issue with them, there are always players like that (it's just the world of the internet). What I don't like is when they pretend they aren't here just to get kills, lootz and luls until they get bored of it. That and people like Freja who are so desperate for any new face that they fall over backwards trying to get people to love them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That and people like Freja who are so desperate for any new face that they fall over backwards trying to get people to love them.
Ultha you know very little off what goes on in my world. I'm just different than you. I'm not desperate, not at all, it more about me accepting them as they are. I just happen to love the threat they bring to the game. I get bored without them.
Sure they always end up loving me instead of fighting me, but I believe it have more to do with who I am, than me trying to make them love me.

I had been here since the shard was born and on Atlantic and DF before that. There had always been a lot fighting around me with me standing almost invulnerable in the middle of the fight with none of the sides attacking me.
I'm not asking anyone not to kill me, not to loot me, I was not asking the evil guilds to not kill and loot NEW/NEW./NEW2, it was always their choice, their made because they respected what I was doing.

My best time in UO was the first year on Atlantic and on Siege before AoS, where half of the shard was red. You may not understand me, but you really only know me here for this forum.

I'm not really a group person, I'm very independent and do thing my way. No one tells me what to do, I may listen to advices but if I don't like them, I will trash them. The last years, I had been pushed very hard to get in the herd and behave as a group person. That's just me, I can't stand it. Many of the evil on the shard have it like me, they love freedom, they do not tell me what to do or how to act, they accept me as I am and I do that to them,

I do not belong to the herd, I can't breath there, I need to be free, I need to be me. Even if the shepherds of the shard did tell their herd to kill and loot me, it won't make me bow for them and get in the herd as a nice sheep. They did try that once, it did not work.

Please stop trying to tell me who I can call friends, because it is my choice. The shard can easy handle a few more packs of wolves and if they can't find others to fight, they will fight each others and the farmers and crafters will get a good business selling PvP gear to them. Some of them love deco and fancy homes too.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please stop trying to tell me who I can call friends, because it is my choice. The shard can easy handle a few more packs of wolves and if they can't find others to fight, they will fight each others and the farmers and crafters will get a good business selling PvP gear to them. Some of them love deco and fancy homes too.
I never told you or even intimated that you should or should not do anything. I don't know why you continue to take criticism as someone trying to tell you what to do. I disagree with your choices, but you do what you think is right. 1

I didn't say you were trying to make THEM love YOU, you were trying to encourage everyone who doesn't like them to start liking them. I think that's stupid, but again, you do you.

You support these people, and want others to do the same, and I disagree with your choice. That is it, and both of our opinions are valid

I do not belong to the herd, I can't breath there, I need to be free, I need to be me. Even if the shepherds of the shard did tell their herd to kill and loot me, it won't make me bow for them and get in the herd as a nice sheep. They did try that once, it did not work.
You brave soul. :facepalm:

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I first started UO was pre Trammell. Getn ganked in a dungeon or outside of town was just the norm. After Trammell I become used to the soft Carebear way of life. When I moved to siege, 7 years ago, it was not as bad as I imagined it would be. There was the O-S Guild, Tru, Bo, Sprago, Speedy and maybe a random red. Burgers even then you could spawn and do pretty much whatever you wanted. You could spawn, farm and kinda travel the world with about a 10% chance of getn PKed.

I remember keen killed and looted and whining about it in general chat. A few months go by get killed and looted and then askn for a buy back. Months go by, get killed and looted and thinking, "man that's inconvenient". Months go by and join a pked guild. Years go by, and start my own guild. Months go and I add PKs that wreak havoc on siege and become a villin defending the rights of people who want to play, act and be the characters they are.

We all pay $13 bucks a month. Him, her, you nor I can tell someone how to play and/or how to act. You may not agree with way the act or who they are, nor should you. You, just like everyone else are free to respond accordingly. If you want to refuse to do in game business with them....don't. You want to exercise your right to lump everyone associated with said bad guy(s) on a blackball list...that's your choice. If there is one thing i have learned over the past few years, you can not expect someone to say thank you when you hold the door open for them. Maybe they should, but that does not mean they have to. Siege will never be as it once was, pre AOS. Full of people, many guilds with danger and fun around every corner. Times have changed and we must adapt or siege will die. This dream of having shard friendly em events, and VVV sundays is great......and possible. However, it is very unlikely. It can happen but no matter what, there is ALWAYS the possibility of a person(s) breaking that mold and ruining player run events no matter how bad you want them to work. No matter how logical you argument is. No matter what you do. Siege is perilous. The fel ruleset says so. This is where we play. And this is the way it is. You may not like it or agree with it but noone said you have to.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and become a villin defending the rights of people who want to play, act and be the characters they are.
I mean... what reaction would be appropriate? This is the same thing as with Freja. I thought you were perfectly justified in supporting them, I just didn't understand why you or she took the backlash so personally. You had to know it was coming, and not only that, but backlash too was justified. It's just how the game works.

When you choose to play the villain... you are the villain.

I want to be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with pking/pvping or whatever, I myself have zero issue with it if the people doing the pking are not being dongs about it, and by that I mean their attitudes not their actions. Kill, dry loot, that's fine, that's just siege, and we all signed up for that. Just don't come here trolling people on the forums about it or act like childish nob in chat. Then I don't care for it.

But if you DO pk, dry loot, disrupt events, etc etc, even if you do it all thee and thou, you should expect people to dislike it. It's only natural.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean... what reaction would be appropriate? This is the same thing as with Freja. I thought you were perfectly justified in supporting them, I just didn't understand why you or she took the backlash so personally. You had to know it was coming, and not only that, but backlash too was justified. It's just how the game works.

When you choose to play the villain... you are the villain.

I want to be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with pking/pvping or whatever, I myself have zero issue with it if the people doing the pking are not being dongs about it, and by that I mean their attitudes not their actions. Kill, dry loot, that's fine, that's just siege, and we all signed up for that. Just don't come here trolling people on the forums about it or act like childish nob in chat. Then I don't care for it.

But if you DO pk, dry loot, disrupt events, etc etc, even if you do it all thee and thou, you should expect people to dislike it. It's only natural.
I agree wit you. Plant corn....get corn. To be honest I don't feel like I took it personally. I knew there was gonna be backlash. And, for all intensive purposes I was, have and am still payn for it. And I am ok with that.

All that being said, I personally don't really care for griefn. I feel it is unnecessary. But i understand that it can and will happen. I just refused to ask people to conform how the masses wanted them to act. Its like picking on your little sister, you know you shouldn't but you do it anyway cuz its fun. The more that people, generally speaking, let PKs get a rise out of them, the more intense its gonna get. Instend of us as a whole fighting against it, maybe we should just imbrace. Lets just play and have fun. It just seems like everyone wants to hold someone accountable because they want someone to blame for things that are beyond their control. I wish i was here on siege pre AOS. It sounds like it was alot of fun. I feel like it can be that way again just new names and faces.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started looting without looking at anything, then realized I was overweight so I had to chug like 10 refreshes to get off screen.

THEN I realized you BoS'd your suit and left me garbage.

hmmm... who won that one? :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started looting without looking at anything, then realized I was overweight so I had to chug like 10 refreshes to get off screen.

THEN I realized you BoS'd your suit and left me garbage.

hmmm... who won that one? :(
I'm still annoyed you got me at all. I ran out of stealth on accident because I thought I got revealed heh.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The alliance between HI-5 is TDO are dropped, not that I believe it will changes much other than the color between us.

Last edited: