• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am very, very disappointed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harlan

I think a couple people have misunderstood our point. This thread is not about whether people should roleplay. Granted, I would be totally stoked if more people took up a roleplaying persona and joined us at the events (which many people have already done), that is a personal choice that each player must make for ourselves.

What this thread about is Griefers and Griefing. These roleplaying events, and the fiction that our developers have begun to write, is the first bone thrown to the roleplaying community in a very long time. While PvP and PvM players have gotten patches and new content regularly, we haven't recieved much (outside the event moderators) since the Seer program ended nine years ago. Its not like we ask for much, just to be able to have our fun without people trying to grief us. When people begin spamming obscenities (I am not talking about the harmless and funny ones, but the ones blatantly meant to offend people), whether it is because they think that they are the next great comedian or because they are pissed off about not recieving an item, they should be removed from the area and prevented from causing further offense and disruption.

People who are hell-bent on ruining other players fun have absolutely no place at these events.
Agree totaly. The player event are one thing were people can cut lose not always intended for the role player but fun none the less. I see more and more poeple hold thier speech better there than at teh EM events. The EM event are based for the RP of the game the people who really care for the story line. I myself have just start this adventure. I had to go back and read all the histor of UO to get some what caught up. Every one is welcome to all event (sept for the SL one) JK and that will never change we all pay our monthly fee. but a plee goes out to the non RP's to please be kind to the people that have been a RP from the start. Let them see(hear) the story and the speeches. There are my 2 cents do what you will with it.
Thank You
Zorax

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly do not know why people are still posting on this thread....UO has put out a statement that they are going to address the issue for future events....so no more worries, case closed. Lets all go on our merry way shall we?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am only guessing, Ceno,

But my guess is when everyone has spoken their last on this topic, the posts will end.

Elladan

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe I wasted my time reading the long winded posts of WarderDragon and the other cry babies.

Its UO, there is an ignore feature.

If someone's text is affecting your game play you have the ability to stop it.

As long as they keep pushing to make Uo a tween pvp game, instead of the role playing game it is
UO is PvP.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But my guess is when everyone has spoken their last on this topic, the posts will end.
Unless the mod decides enough is enough.

Which I have.

Night gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.