• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Will You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

T

Tavor-21

• Where would you hide?
Isolation is the best thing to do. Populated civilian areas will most likely be the first targets so the American MidWest & NorthWestern areas would be better equipped for distancing oneself. While this does bring up issues with supplying man-made goods, in a survival situation this can be dealt with. Personally letting the chaos of the innitial outbreak subside, even if only slightly, would show an increase in survivability chances.

• Would you fight back? Give up?
I'm too stubbern to give up. Why would I not live on and why would I want to die? (especially risking infection)

• Attempt to save loved ones living far away?
This is an innate characteristic of humans; our social mentality of the society in which we live dictates that we form bonds and live among others for the benefit of the community. Humanity is a social creature and therefore must exist as such or risk losing the very humanity that we cherish.

• How would you defend yourself?
I have miltary training, weapons familiarization, a well understood knowledge of strategy, tactics, and survival methodology. I'm not perfect, but I believe my understanding of survival and defense, coupled with my great physical ability of endurance and stamina, would see me through. In addition I have had to defend myself on occasions already so this is not a new concept to me and some of the best defense is prevention and numbers.

• Who would you attempt to rescue first, if you do?
Well admittingly I would have to rescue myself from the reality in order to rescue others. Like they say on the airlines, "Secure your mask first before helping another."
If you cannot take care of yourself then how do you expect to be able to help anyone else? Other than this I would say those around me at the time. Save as many as you can, but think first and analyze the situation; don't just run about trying to gather up survivors. Strategy is integral to survival of yourself and all those that accompany you.

• Etc.?
Hopefully I can get to a clearing up in a northern area. I can condense water, use the terrain to my advantage, and hopefully find a climate that is harsher to those that were infected. I have the knowledge, now I just need to use it. Oh, and if Syrus is going to be on a boat living like in Waterworld, then having a secure port in an isolated northern area would be a great benefit.

O

oriuaren

we're good.
They have query defeats for content with the word "zombie"

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok lets see.....

Islands wouldn't e safe because zombies are dead so they can walk under water and still find me.

In a bunker would be safe but I would have to leave if supplies were low. They would find me.

Goverments use nukes to kill them and we all lose.

Guns would work but you need bullets after a while so unless you are the army or own your own ammuntion company your pretty well out of luck eventually.

Could use dynamite but that just blows them to pieces and they may still live.

So I am left with fire

Fire seems the best way to kill them so I would probably be at a natural gas company with a rigged up fire weapon and just burn zombies like marshmallows on a campfire. I would find like minded people that can shoot their fire weapons in the right direction and not back at the natural gas tanks. Plus have fire traps around the facility and build mutiple fences and walls around it to make it harder for the zombie army to get in. Last but not least I would have a moat dug around the facilty filled with acid.

Food I would have to become an overlord and organize the people with me and doi raids at grocery stores and grab all the can food and twinkies. You got to have twinkies. They will last forever and a good sugar rush while killing zombies.

Medical supplies. I would raid hospitals

Water. I would save from the rain and water supply to the facilty.

If that all fails then I am going to Canada.

Last edited:

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For some strange reason I doubt fire will be all that effective. You would really need more then your going to get to destroy them. While isolation might seem smart fields would be impossible to tend I think the burbs are your best bet. It has tons of visibality none of the risk of the fields that the country does and well to be honest better lasting infrastructure. Many of the country roads without service fall apart and the fields are a killing zone. Also a lack of canned goods means you have further to travel to get resupplied.