• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to solo Roof Encounter (VIDEO)

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for taking the time walking through all your setting in English interface. Very appreciated.

So with 45 HCI and only 20 DCI and 60 Parrying and zero Hit Lower Attack, it is amazing to see the bosses rarely touch you.

Well done, Sir, I found new inspiration in UO :grin:

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yea this is some crazy stuff, so im curious i have herd that having 120bush with like 60-80parry works better then 120/120, im curious since you suit is built a very specific way with really high resists and only 20dci does this way of making a sampire skills/suit work better for everything in the game like Champ spawns as well? Like basically 120bush 60parry 100-115chiv with fast casting im guessing, and 75.75.75.72.79 resists works better then all 70s 120bush 120parry 71 chiv? Or did u build this sampire specifically for this encounter? Cause it is amazing to see how little u get hit physical damage when i go on my sampire all 70s, 120bush 120 parry 80anat 76chiv (no resist) i get destroyed by their casting, and i seem to get sooo much more spawn when im soloing it, in your 1st vidoe seems like you got only 2-3 lvls of spaw per boss max almost, is there a trick or to do something to get less spawn? But i gotta give it up its really amazing vidoes u making it look so easyyyy, especially the 2nd vidoe with the bard you killed the mage in like less or 5min, and how did u get these double strikes for 110+ ea you seem to connect sooo much more is it have to do with how you temp built with 45hci 20dci 120bush 60 parry?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....its really amazing vidoes u making it look so easyyyy, especially the 2nd vidoe with the bard you killed the mage in like less or 5min, and how did u get these double strikes for 110+ ea you seem to connect sooo much more....
This has been patched since he made the videos (probably because he made the videos).o_O

Its much harder now & probably not possible to solo this any longer on these templates(dexers w/ double axes).
The damage players do has been lowered and other mechanics appear to be changed or just missing entirely.

Looks like the nerf stick got used on the roof after BearCorpse showed the DEVs how weak their encounter was.:lol:
Hope everyone farmed the crap out of it before they changed it. :)

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been patched since he made the videos (probably because he made the videos).o_O

Its much harder now & probably not possible to solo this any longer on these templates(dexers w/ double axes).
The damage players do has been lowered and other mechanics appear to be changed or just missing entirely.

Looks like the nerf stick got used on the roof after BearCorpse showed the DEVs how weak their encounter was.:lol:
Are you kidding? It's still pretty weak if you know what you're doing. In fact, I would even say it's STILL possible to solo it. Although the loot from it sucks now. Quantity is still there, but the quality is lacking. Any confirmation on this, @Kyronix?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, I guess I should of been more clear. You can still solo it but it takes ALOT longer on the roof then his vid.
Not sure if its really worth the time compared to just going with a friend or two.

I was just in there earlier running solo. Sure looks like its been patched to me.
Anon alone took me almost 20mins.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. Juonar goes down to 16% across the board with disco. He's ridiculously easy. I *think* I've seen lower cold resist on Virtuebane, but it isn't that much lower - maybe 1 point? Him and Anon are definitely the worst of the 4 though, and I've even brought a White Wyrm JUST to deal with Virtuebane more quickly (plus a Nightmare, which speeds things up on Juonar.) You can also bring a Rune Beetle, which I might try again later this week (when I last tried it, it hadn't helped too much with Virtuebane)

Honestly, I'd love to have a 100% Cold dmg version of a greater dragon. Maybe a Greater White Wyrm?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.....Virtuebane...... Him and Anon are definitely the worst of the 4 though...
Anon isn't that hard, he just takes to long. Virtuebane isn't bad as all. I killed him in just over 10mins my 1st try.
Ozymandias tho.... he gives me problems on my dexer.

I'd love to have a 100% Cold dmg version of a greater dragon. Maybe a Greater White Wyrm?
Tamable Frost Dragons? I wanted one of those the first time I saw it as lvl 7 t-map spawn years ago.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tamable Frost Dragons? I wanted one of those the first time I saw it as lvl 7 t-map spawn years ago.
You and me and probably every tamer there is. I only wish I could have such a lovely creature. As well as Shadow Wyrms and Fairy Dragons and Ancients.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is why I don't post anything as far as tactics or how to do things openly on boards anymore.

And then there are those other stealth changes that they will acknowledge and won't explain.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I don't post anything as far as tactics or how to do things openly on boards anymore.
Couldn't agree more. I only posted the lore info b/c at this point it doesn't matter & was trying to help those that found the nerf troublesome to finishing the encounter :) .

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you kidding? It's still pretty weak if you know what you're doing. In fact, I would even say it's STILL possible to solo it. Although the loot from it sucks now. Quantity is still there, but the quality is lacking. Any confirmation on this, @Kyronix?
No changes were made to Shadowguard in Pub 91.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't agree more. I only posted the lore info b/c at this point it doesn't matter & was trying to help those that found the nerf troublesome to finishing the encounter :) .
If it's beta testing, that's different. But, to stealth change things, to sit back and read what people are posting and then just change stuff and not comment. Lame.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? My experiences say otherwise. A few days before Pub 91, I pulled multiple legendary artifact drops per roof run. Now I get maybe 2. It hasn't been repeated over, say, 50 runs, so it's a small sample size and means absolutely nothing, but the amount of legendary drops since Pub 91 has been consistent. The quantity is still fairly high though.

True. After nearly two months, I would imagine everyone has figured out how to do it easily, if they've spent any time there. Some of us have made it much easier than others though. ;)

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
probably i have the most powerful samphire in the game and there is clearly no way to solo this anymore. because sometimes u miss 10-14 times in a row . (especially against ozymandias and anon) discordance is must.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i have 120 bushido, 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 resist, 100 necro, 100 parrying, 85 chival, 80 anatomy on my samphire.

if u guys say that 60 parry really works i am planning to lower parry to 60 and increase 20 anatomy and 20 chival.

i wanna hear your opinions.

@BearCorpse
@Smurf

Last edited:

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I beleve few changes been done (before, after or instead of some Pub)
1) Ozymandias got great bonus in war skill or bushido/parry or all of them.
2) Spawn rate of boss support group become more random and increased in avarage rate.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Please don't tell us lie. First video in this thread, you can watch Ozymandias hasn't used sword and he didn't parry so much.
Some days later he started using sword. 2nd video that I posted, You can watch Ozymandias has used sword. His sword form parries so much.
This is why I could hit him much in first video.

By the way, I feel there is too much tier in the Bar encounter.Spawning fourth bored us."三つで十分ですよ"
20071225210506.jpg

BearCorpse

Adventurer
i have 120 bushido, 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 resist, 100 necro, 100 parrying, 85 chival, 80 anatomy on my samphire.

if u guys say that 60 parry really works i am planning to lower parry to 60 and increase 20 anatomy and 20 chival.

i wanna hear your opinions.
After one is same as one of my sampire template. 100 anatomy gives 15% more DI than 80 anatomy.100 chival gives 13% damage bonus "enemy of one" than 85 chival.
I recommend having more chival if you can. Number of monsters have high wrestling increased, it made perfection nerf.High chival "enemy of one" helps dealing damage so good.

All ML bosses ware buffed their wrestling 130+.They have equal wrestling even Lady Melisande who has -60 HCI debuff.
That's nice balance update.It must be scintillation of genius.
lie.png

Last edited:

Herp!

Journeyman
By the way, I feel there is too much tier in the Bar encounter.Spawning fourth bored us."三つで十分ですよ"
View attachment 39792
I believe this is randomized honestly. While I do agree, three is enough, I've had 1 run that was 4 tier and then the next day I did this and it was a 3 tier. Could possibly also be that the bosses are randomized in a ridiculous way? With wrestling ranges from 130-300? Sadly, my 2 man group couldn't get much of the roof done because we were NOT prepared. But this may be a possibility, not to say Kyronix is completely being honest that nothing changed, but it's possible that nothing "changed" being that they just increased the ranges of the allowed wrestling they can spawn with, or they just accidentally had a 0 where there was meant to be a 1 and all of a sudden the encounter is actually active the way it was meant to be. Not a change at all, just a quick woopsie fix.

Please don't tell us lie. First video in this thread, you can watch Ozymandias hasn't used sword and he didn't parry so much.
Some days later he started using sword. 2nd video that I posted, You can watch Ozymandias has used sword. His sword form parries so much.
This is why I could hit him much in first video.
View attachment 39792
It does seem Ozy changed, but it's very possible this was just luck the first(few) runs you did that he never pulled out his sword. Typically AI changes weapons VERY slowly because erm... hard to code?(not really). So it's possible that you ran out of range just in the time frame he was deciding to change weapons, and when he did a range check, saw you were more than 1 tile away, and stayed using a bow.. I could be completely wrong, the only way to really test this is to have a stop watch and only run in every x amount of seconds, joust fighting Ozy, and find the time frame that he does range checks to avoid that sword swap. Or just have a human tanking Ozy from 2 tiles away just eating damage with healers while tamer pets eat him. Both ways are very unreliable though, because the range check could just be if anything 0-1 tiles away; use sword and attack closest target.

Just a thought... I'd have to actually see the code for the encounter and each individual mob to tell you times and how it works, and none of us have access to that... that I know of. Not to protect anyone or say anyone is right or wrong, just a thought that I had while reading this. I've been subbed to Corpse on youtube for over a year & been subbed to UO on and off for 18 years and I don't play favorites, I know from being on certain game master crews & a part of 1 dev team(other games), they just can't always be allowed to tell you exactly what is going on in the encounter... even if that means saying "nothing changed" when something clearly did. There were 10s of WoW encounters that were changed WHILE people were actively doing them on production servers. GMs sat watching us, saw we beat it too easily, changed the boss so next time we went in our strat no longer worked... And they could never tell us what changed..

Val

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the best team for the roof, sampire and bard, 30-40 minutes roof,50-60 all the rooms for the keys, tiers are randomized!!! i have some videos, how we do roof
ivan yudin

Val

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
by the way,I am convinced that for a quick kill Anon and Ozymandi need 120 chivalry, because honor is useless missed too much

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the best team for the roof, sampire and bard, 30-40 minutes roof,50-60 all the rooms for the keys, tiers are randomized!!!
I would say two tamers. Me and my guild mate try and do it every other day and can now do the roof in about an hour. If our other friend comes with another GD + bard skills it's even shorter.
At first I was using a sampire but I didn't like all the spawn. With tamers it's far less hassle and I can't pretty much sit there drinking my coffee and eating.

I usually take a GD and he has a beetle + mare.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been using a beetle/tiger combo in our group. Having a greater to tank is a big help and the specials from the beetle/tiger on top of disco seem to make a difference.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i have tested dci and low parry.

i never suggest that u go parry below 80 and 40 dci. u are a meat shield when u do it.

Val

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
45 dci 70 parry its ok for pvm, with 120 bush and 70 parry i have 25% block with 2he, but 90+ parry will be better, block chance 31% with 2h weapon
But,i have 70 parry and 50 EP, and dont have free slots for skills on jewellery, 50EP is better then 90parry, u have fast pots heal, some times it can save life

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
myuo doesn't show full templates in the view, but the server still sends all the information to the client. I wrote a quick script to parse this data. His template is

corpse of bear:

Anatomy - 1000
Parry - 600
Tactics - 1200
Swordmanship - 1200
Necromancy - 1000
Chivalry - 1000
Bushido - 1200

Edit: Looks like he added his template in the video anyway

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
does Ozy or Anon have a slayer vunerability? Does elemental slayer work on Anon when he changes into elemental form?

Val

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, it's work, on elemental form, and undead slayer on necromag, demon and ozy do not have slayer.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk