• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to solo Roof Encounter (VIDEO)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got any info on template etc?
Damn... I went to check MyUO and it no longer shows full templates. Lame.

Appears to be a sampire with swords. All I can see is 120 swords/tactics and 100 anat. Does have at least some bushido based off him using honor, he does use chivalry as well.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He has a buff icon I don't recognize, though. ~10:00, between Agility and Enemy of One. Anyone know? I looked in my Pinco's UI folders and found it, but it just says Basstastic as the filename.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Japan definitely has the most creative players. Awesome play.

Apparently he also uses archery @3:38 against the archer mini-boss (Ozymandias).

So I guess the template looks like this:
Swords 120
Archery 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Necromancy 100
Bushido 60

and with good equipment, of course. Those consecutive specials....o_O

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently he also uses archery @3:38 against the archer mini-boss (Ozymandias).
I do not think he has 120 archery based on his Chivalry unless he has souls stones in his backpack. Most likely a use best weapon skill bow.

I'm still curious about the buff that looks like cherry petals. Could it be something to do with tracking meaning he is using some Ninjitsu as well?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Japan definitely has the most creative players. Awesome play.

So I guess the template looks like this:
Swords 120
Archery 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Necromancy 100
Bushido 60

and with good equipment, of course. Those consecutive specials....o_O
Nah. He only has tacts and swords above 100, as of the time I checked MyUO. And he definitely has chivalry, too.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not think he has 120 archery based on his Chivalry unless he has souls stones in his backpack. Most likely a use best weapon skill bow.

I'm still curious about the buff that looks like cherry petals. Could it be something to do with tracking meaning he is using some Ninjitsu as well?
Wasn't that just purple petals?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, forgot Chivary. Maybe no Anatomy because he doesnt rely on this for damage.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Don't recall ubws being obtainable or functional on bows for a good amount of time

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido needs to be around parry level or it hurts parry ability right? So i would imagine those to be at gm or higher each. Is it possible he just has magery and his sword and bow are mage weps? Can you use specials with that?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont think his temp is anything special, just a swords sampire. He doesn't have archery, you confused the boss for him (the boss is an archer). Just a good tactic

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In a different video he shows his skills window as this

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
100 anatomy
100 resist
100 necro
60 parry

I don't think he uses archery at all. It looks like he was killing the adds, the boss was a few tiles away, and then he went to click something while being shot. So I'm guessing he just switched either resist or anatomy with chivalry for the roof.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Template is just a swords sampire using a double axe and looks like a bladed staff

Mooselisted

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
He wasn't using archery, I think you confused the boss with him for a second, I did the same thing..

My guess on his template:
This is almost identical to the template I run. It's very tanky if the suit is done right.

120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Necromancy
90 (100) Tactics (+10 on Talisman)
120 Anatomy OR Resist (I couldn't tell if he had resist or not, was trying to pay attention to see)
50 (80) Chivalry (+30 jewelry)

Using a platemail suit for reduced Stam loss. His Stam regen also seems very high.

His suit might also be refined, giving him lower DCI but higher resists.

And I am assuming that because I noticed that Any time he is cursed, he's removing as soon as possible.
which makes me think he is banking on those higher resists for less damage.

Wakisashi, Broadsword or katana for AI?
And a double axe for Virtuebane.
Not familiar with the EC graphics so I'm not real sure on his AI weapon.

I'm guessing All of his weapons are 100% cold.
His AI and double axe weps probably have
Mana Leech, Stam Leech, Hit Lower D, Hit Lower Attack
(Possibly even SSI instead of Stam leech or hit low attack)

And he dodges the spawn when it pops and doubles back when he has a second to clean it up so it doesn't overwhelm him.

A lot of that is assumption, based on how I would attempt to approach it if I tried it solo.

It definitely spawns a LOT less spawn when there is only 1 person in there opposed to 5-6.

Well done ! Impressive !

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The first double axe is 100% energy considering it's colour.
Also, very impressive use of onslaught to massively increase the double strike damage on the first boss.

He then uses a 100% cold double axe to deal with the spawn before engaging the second boss. His AI weapon is a bladed staff.
I haven't seen the fight with the other two bosses yet, but once I do I will try to identify the weapons being used.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh I forgot about those.

I'd guess the increase melee damage one or one of the resist ones. Do either of those go over the regular caps? Do any of them?
The damage soak ones don't increase your resists. They diminish the amount of damage you took by 5 points after resist is applied if the damage is of the right resist. So if you took 100 damage, after resist it will be 30 damage, and the buff will soak 5 points of that, decreasing the damage to 25. Not sure at which point the damage decrease bonus from the swamp dragon is applied.
So I guess he went for the fire or physical damage one to help him tank better during the fight with Anon.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The damage soak ones don't increase your resists. They diminish the amount of damage you took by 5 points after resist is applied if the damage is of the right resist. So if you took 100 damage, after resist it will be 30 damage, and the buff will soak 5 points of that, decreasing the damage to 25. Not sure at which point the damage decrease bonus from the swamp dragon is applied.
So I guess he went for the fire or physical damage one to help him tank better during the fight with Anon.
Ooh, did not know. That actually sounds pretty useful.

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Impressive video. I have managed to 2 man the roof but had no idea it was soloable. Will have to try this over the weekend! The trouble I find when fighting these bosses is they have extremely high parrying and DCI. I tend to miss about 12x in a row, especially against Anon and the archer dude :/ The guy in the video didn't seem to miss much at all compared to me. Maybe the boss' stats & skills are lower solo? or maybe I am just very unlucky heh.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah cool it shows the template and weapons in the video now. :thumbsup:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i dont know what he is doing but i tried with sampire AND paladin, i barly can hit them, for 1-20 misses one hit.. WTF

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know what he is doing but i tried with sampire AND paladin, i barly can hit them, for 1-20 misses one hit.. WTF
120 with max HCI. I would assume that the Focused Eye Mastery doesn't go over the 45% HCI cap though - I haven't played with the new masteries on my sampire yet.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is that?
Right at the start about 6 seconds or so into the video. Then later it shows the spec for the axe. I'm guessing he must be rolling similar mods on the bladed staff.

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
100 anatomy
100+15 chiv
100 necro
60 parry

AXE:

Hit area damage: 50
HLL 82
HML 82
HSL 50
100 % dmg type any

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah okay, I see it now. Doesn't show up on phone. Now just to figure out which element to go for on each boss.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah okay, I see it now. Doesn't show up on phone. Now just to figure out which element to go for on each boss.
Virtuebane is cold, I dunno for Ozymandias since you can't lore him, I *think* Juonar is fire (lored, but never really paid attention to resists), and I'd have to check again for Anon.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire and cold is really helpful. Thanks. Ozymandias and Anon shouldn't matter really since it looks like armor ignore is the way to go for them.

Slayers though, I'm guessing undead for Juo'nar, demon for Virtuebane, and none for the other two?

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iam running 120chiv with max karma on my samp to not need elemental weps and use CW and DF with max buffs, all my samp weaps are 100 HML (bladed staff and double axe) both swing between 185 and 151 stam with max speed

all hci relevant skills and hci on armor itself is max. and i still miss lots more than hitting

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire and cold is really helpful. Thanks. Ozymandias and Anon shouldn't matter really since it looks like armor ignore is the way to go for them.

Slayers though, I'm guessing undead for Juo'nar, demon for Virtuebane, and none for the other two?
Yup. Maybe Repond for Ozy and Anon (and probably Mage Slayer if you're on a dexer/he's in his human form), but I can't confirm that. I'll be doing a run later, so I'll see if it works.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this Video Anon in Elemental form doesn’t heal himself a lot.
When we fight Anon his elemental form allows him to heal 4-8-12% per one round of transformation.

Two reason i can imagine:
1) Elemental restores for Anon depends on # of opponents.
2) This Video is not from current release.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
iam running 120chiv with max karma on my samp to not need elemental weps and use CW and DF with max buffs, all my samp weaps are 100 HML (bladed staff and double axe) both swing between 185 and 151 stam with max speed

all hci relevant skills and hci on armor itself is max. and i still miss lots more than hitting
100% Elemental Weps are still useful to people with 120 Chiv, especially Swordsman (because of Onslaught).
You could have a 100% Physical Damage Double Axe for Juo'nar, and use Con Wep to make your damage into 100% Fire (Juo'nar's weakest Resist), but if you use Onslaught even during Con Wep, it'd lower his Physical Resist by 20%. You're better off using a Double Axe reforged to 100% Fire, so you can lower Juo'nar's Fire Resist by 20% with Onslaught, for some really nasty Double Strike hits as you saw in the video.
Basically, you ideally want a 100% Element Slayer Double Axe that targets your opponents Slayer vulnerability (if any), as well as weakest Resist. I call those "Weapons of Bane".

He's lucky that Juo'nar didn't Blood Oath him. Curious how him hitting Anon while in Earth Ele Form, wasn't healing Anon.

I wonder how a Swords Whammy would do there, with 21% Hit Mana Drain from Wraith Form (DS/AIs for days, until the opponent runs out of Mana that is, which of course eliminates the opponents magic casting), and 50% Hit Life Drain from Curse Weapon (more than twice than what Vampire Form gives).

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He avoids the elemental damage absorption by using armor ignore in this one I think. I haven't done it yet but apparently the type of damage done affects what elemental he turns into, and he only absorbs damage of that elemental type. So with 100% elemental weapons you could probably do more damage than armor ignore, just be ready to switch.

Also I'd prefer vamp form + 80% HLL to wraith/curse weapon, no casting times and my sampire only has mana issues when mana drained, which would be about as much of a problem for wraith still.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am rebuilding my samp ATM to do more tests. We will see. All of that do not explain his excellent hitting. I miss more than hitting which makes alle leech drain etc hard. That's at least what I experience up there

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am rebuilding my samp ATM to do more tests. We will see. All of that do not explain his excellent hitting. I miss more than hitting which makes alle leech drain etc hard. That's at least what I experience up there

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
best weapon skill is not working for bows.

yes i got the 30hld from mace and shield and full HCI

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Thanks for watching my video.
this is new video to explain how to kill Anon without heal himself.
I'm fighting Anon at 17:00-

His absorption effects only your weapon element, it ignores Con Wep and Armor Ignore.
So you must change your weapon when he changed his form.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi BearCorpse. Thanks for sharing information

May I ask the question how do you hit these 4guys so good. I miss very often

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also I'd prefer vamp form + 80% HLL to wraith/curse weapon, no casting times and my sampire only has mana issues when mana drained, which would be about as much of a problem for wraith still.
Hit Life Leech does not even begin to compare to Hit Life Drain, especially 50% Hit Life Drain from Curse Weapon. Hell, even 20% Hit Life Drain > 100% Hit Life Leech. With just 2 FC, Curse Weapon casts at like 0.5 seconds (really hard to interrupt with a solo boss, and you can even get it off with 20+ mobs on you if you hold the macro down for a second), and lasts for 30 seconds at GM Necro/GM SS. Don't forget, a Whammy can Corpse Skin, which is just plain ridiculous in combination with Onslaught. Plus, nothing stops a Whammy from going into Vampire Form, for a ridonculous 70% Hit Life Drain. My Whammy with GM Resist was able to YOLO through Juo'nar's Blood Oath with that (i wasn't even riding an armored Swampy).

I have a Whammy with 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Bush/GM Resist on Napa, and another Whammy with 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Bush/GM Chiv/GM Parry on Atlantic. From what i've observed, Whammies are actually more powerful than Sampires, they just require more involved play. The biggest problem with them, is deciding whether you want LRC on their suit, or to use regs/Arcane Charges for their Necro casts. Plus keeping their Karma up if you got Chiv.

Last edited:

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Hi BearCorpse. Thanks for sharing information

May I ask the question how do you hit these 4guys so good. I miss very often
Sorry, I did nothing to hit them good.

2 of them, Juo'nar(120) and Virtuebane(115-130) have low wrestling.
Anon has about 230 wrestling, you can animal lore his elemental form.Probably Ozymandias also is same as Anon.
I think I was lucky or you're unlucky.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So out of curiosity has anyone dismounted Ozymandias?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi bear, your weapons have no Damage Increase?

I dont use EC and I cant read Japanese, so I'm not sure. It seems to me they dont have DI.