• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get TSO objects for your Sims 1 game.

• Thread starter imported_Starrfoxx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Starrfoxx

I've seen a few posts about how to get the TSO objects into your Sims 1 game. What you want to do is go to OddSim.com , because there are quite a few objects there that can be downloaded including the "simmie". Most are only decoration.

I have not seen any working pizza, code, or maze games for offline. Unless you are good with coding and hacking, the best we'll ever get is a decoration object.

There is a program called Game Extractor which will allow you to go into your TSO files and extract some of the objects out. It works on some objects as far as getting the bitmaps, but on others it doesn't. From there, you'd probably need to use IFF Pencil and/or T-mog to get it to work with Sims 1.

The files you are looking for are objiff.far, objotf.far, and objspf1.far (and the "number" goes up to 9.)

That would be really cool if Thrill or one of the other great CC modders out there can salvage everything out of TSO before it closes. There are tons of roof colors, wallpapers, tiles, clothing, and of course objects that would be a shame to lose.

G

Thank you, good information.
I doubt I will go to the trouble but it was a very informative post.
It would be fun if some object maker took this summer and made some "memorabilia" for us to download.

C

Camile

You have got to be kidding? People actually still play the Sims 1 game? That's sooo last millennium... LOL

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I still play Sims 1, and I don't see what is wrong with that. There are some people out there that just like "retro gaming". There's a lot of nice elements in Sims 1 that never made it to Sims 2.

Some of us would like to have the fun things we had in TSO in our offline game.

L

Lord Death

I wish I could down load all the great friends I've made, but I know that's impossible. On that note, I would love to have skins for the avitars in TSO that aren't in Sims. Also rare pets like the robo-dog, robo-cat, etc.

*coming soon, a really cool signature

G

<blockquote><hr>

You have got to be kidding? People actually still play the Sims 1 game? That's sooo last millennium... LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say that, then you are not one of us! (lol, joking).

M

MandiK

I love my Sims 1 Complete Collection. Im not gonna spend money on a newer version when I never got tired of the old one

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've seen a few posts about how to get the TSO objects into your Sims 1 game. What you want to do is go to OddSim.com , because there are quite a few objects there that can be downloaded including the "simmie". Most are only decoration.

I have not seen any working pizza, code, or maze games for offline. Unless you are good with coding and hacking, the best we'll ever get is a decoration object.

There is a program called Game Extractor which will allow you to go into your TSO files and extract some of the objects out. It works on some objects as far as getting the bitmaps, but on others it doesn't. From there, you'd probably need to use IFF Pencil and/or T-mog to get it to work with Sims 1.

The files you are looking for are objiff.far, objotf.far, and objspf1.far (and the "number" goes up to 9.)

That would be really cool if Thrill or one of the other great CC modders out there can salvage everything out of TSO before it closes. There are tons of roof colors, wallpapers, tiles, clothing, and of course objects that would be a shame to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad you posted this. Thank you!! I just can't let it go.........

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wish I could down load all the great friends I've made, but I know that's impossible. On that note, I would love to have skins for the avitars in TSO that aren't in Sims. Also rare pets like the robo-dog, robo-cat, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This site The Well Dressed Sim has a lot of heads... some from TSO. I didn't find mine, but you might find yours! Look in the "Salon" area under "The Sims 1" tab.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I've been playing around with Game Extractor. Although I can extract the spf and iff files from the game, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the graphics of the object out. If I could do that, then it wouldn't be too hard to utilize those pictures in T-mog.

I can even load the spf and iff files into IFF Pencil. It shows you all the data of the object, but I don't understand what it all means. The behaviors and animation for all the objects are in the file.

I'd like to get the Morroccan furniture. The chair, love seat, sofa, dining chair, and bed. Those are not in offline Sims. I have had some luck extracting the catalog thumbnails from the objects, but so far that's it.

You can find these TSO objects in your folder: \The Sims Online\TSOClient\objectdata\objects

A

AmethystMoon

This would be possible to anything you see in game, if interested read my bio in game on Amethyst Moon and message me if you'd like something for sims 1. I was just getting the hang of all this CC stuff and having a blast =(

T

TKSpeedy1

I downloaded and unzipped the gnome from oddsim....Now where do I put it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Id be careful as to how that was phrased in City Hall

I

imported_Qute Pi

Put the gnome iff file in game data - objects
At least I think thats where the objects folder is...I shouldn't answer this stuff from work lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a text file with instructions included in the Zip file you downloaded. From the text file:

"Extract all .iff and .far files to:
\Downloads\Odd\"

I had to create these folders.

T

TKSpeedy1

Ok thanks guys...Now if I could just find a download site for Unleashed, I'd be happy...Thought I had it but it was missing part 2 even though it said full version. And I signed up for membership with another site to get it since it was listed on their site, and when I went to download it again, it kept asking for my user name and password. Then took me to another link that didn't have the expansion listed. Very frustrating.

G

psst.... maybe EA could release a a sims 1 expansion that offers all the tso items.... lol, I highly doubt that &gt;:D&lt;

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

At least I think thats where the objects folder is...I shouldn't answer this stuff from work lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...looks like I'll have to redownload it....I can't find an iff file. Just a jpeg and .far.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I am going to be working over the last couple of months in TSO taking screenshots of as many TSO "unique" objects that I can. I am hoping that we can salvage these objects before they are lost forever. It will take some time using T-mog to map the images on existing objects, but hopefully I'll have something worked out where you can download the objects as to remember TSO by.

Complex objects such as the pizza machine, band, and maze will only be decoration unless anyone knows how to animate. The Code machine may have a way of working close to the same as in TSO, if it is mapped to one of the Superstar objects (since it gives you 3 chances to get a series of 3 choices in the correct order.)

I don't think I can do it all, so hopefully there are more people out there willing to help out and save what we can from the game. There are heads, skins, wallpaper, tiles, and roofs that need to be salvaged as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...looks like I'll have to redownload it....I can't find an iff file. Just a jpeg and .far.

[/ QUOTE ]

The .far and .iff files go in the same folder... C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Downloads\Odd\ . The gnome file is a .far file not a .iff, so you don't have to download again. Also, you don't have to worry about the jpgs.

Hopefully that made sense!

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I've had my first success in retrieving a floor tile from TSO and coding it to work in offline Sims. This is good news, because there are ton of tiles, wallpaper, and roofs that are not available in the offline game. The objects may prove to be more difficult, but I'll try do what I can.

L

Lord Death

*high fives Starrfox*

*coming soon, a really cool signature

G

You are awesome, Starfoxx.

I'm not sure if it is legally possible, but I'll ask the Stratics mucketies if there are legal complications to Stratics hosting any objects hooked up this way for download.

G

AWESOME starfoxx

Just great. I hope you get more, tell us how it goes
Maybe you can share them as well? lol

G

Wont EA have something to say about it? Its their licensed code....
just sayin....

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I don't see that hosting the objects for download would be a problem, because it's already been done before by oddsims.com.

I'm currently working on trying to extract the 1st Anniversary Copper Cat. I think I have the graphics, but I can't view them nor can I copy it to another offline sims statue object.

J

Juliana

It's funny....I was online searching for things to download for my offline Sims game a little over 4 years ago, when I first ran across the ads &amp; info for TSO. Sims comes full circle for me with ideas like this.

Good Luck &amp; I hope you succeed.

S

shadowmistress

If you have all the expansion packs for your Sims1 game, you'll see that almost all of the objects, walls and floors from TSO (with the exception of just a few) are already in the game. There still are, however, many many sites where you can download custom content for The Sims which, imho, are much nicer than any Maxis furniture, etc. And the best part is that almost all of them are free!

Just a few to check out...

www.simcredibledesigns.com
www.woodforsims.de (pay site but with lots of free goodies)
www.aroundthesims.com
www.persimmongrove.org

You'll all be amazed at what's still out there for the offline game.

N

nobuttkisser

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Please consider the "sentimental" aspect of ones game play. the same reason that I have every game that Maxis had from Sim ant to all of sim 2 packs and Sim Copter. now talk about three D... that game was theee game let me go and drag that game out.

Best thing I loved about Sims 1 was the fact that you could download other houses and or decoration pack to color co-ordinate your home. see now don't you wish my suggestion for a EAL/TSO memorial dvd was available.

glad I kept my "charter" cd;s now I have to think up a way to backup my computer to at least archive this TSO/EALand crossover

I

imported_Starrfoxx

UPDATE

I now have all the roof tiles from TSO converted and working with offline Sims. It was not a simple matter of copying the files over. They had to be converted to 8 bit and saved into BMP format. So now TSO fans will be able to recreate their roof art in the same exact way for their offline game.

Music files are by far the easiest to salvage from the game. The files you'll want to transfer are in the following:

\TSOClient\music\stations\oldworld (these are neat)

\TSOClient\music\stations\scifi (You'll find the robot factory music/sounds)

\TSOClient\music\stations\horror (cool for Halloween or graveyard lots)

\TSOClient\music\modes (you'll find some lost "gems" here on neighborhood and create a sim music that hasn't been heard in a very long time)

\TSOClient\sounddata\ambience (has a lot of the background sound effects used on lots. These are in XA format, so you'll need an XA to Wav converter such as Xantippe.)

Oddsim.com has some great objects that you can place on your Sims lots that include some of those ambience sound effects, so be sure to check that out.

R

Ryder Strong

Has anyone had any additional luck in extracting items from TSO for use in Sims1?

M

Monkeybear

I love TS1, I like it better than TS2, There is a site somewhere with bear skins but I can't remember what it is :(

S

Starrfoxx

Has anyone had any additional luck in extracting items from TSO for use in Sims1?
Yes, as a matter of fact. I am putting together a TSO Memorial Site that will feature extracted objects. Some will be my work and others I will include links to or get permission to place the objects directly on my site.

http://starrfoxx.xf-s.com/TSO/tsomemorial.htm

Right now, the 3 bunk beds are fully converted and working for Sims. This is PeterG's awesome work.

I converted all of the roof tiles to work for Sims, so you can recreate any roof art that you had.

Coming Soon! ---- One of the territorial markers!

R

Renee TSO

Thank you so much starrfoxx for all the work you have been doing! This must be taking up all of your free time but i know it will be worth it in the end. It was fun for me in game watching you do this...i just cant wait *smiles*

Thanks again

P.S. thanks to the others for posting web pages with sims one stuff. Ive been hunting for those. I even went to thesims.com to reregister for those downloads but no luck *shrugs*

K

KChan

I love TS1, I like it better than TS2, There is a site somewhere with bear skins but I can't remember what it is :(
I believe this is the site you mean: www.alle-meine-sims.de
(under extras>Stippvisite>Barin Claire or Barenkinder for the children bears. Die Eisbaren has the Ice Bears)

However I had a number of issues navigating the site, but I tried a few times and I was able to get to the bears eventually. (and now that I've said I had troubles it seems to be working fine, of course)

S

Starrfoxx

Hey everyone, I've got a BIG update for you. You can now download ALL of the EA-Land Territorial Markers for your offline game. I've been working on this for several weeks, and now I have all of the city markers, TSO and EA-Land Founder Markers, TC and TC3 Markers, and also the 4th Year Anniversary gift all converted to work in the offline game.

All objects work just like the originals did in TSO. You can "view' the object and read the special message. These objects also have a room score of 3, so that it matches the object's price of $450 in the Buy Catalog. The price and object graphics are extracted directly from the game, so it doesn't get any better than this.

I hope you enjoy them and find a fun use for them in your Sims game. Below I have a screenshot of Bob Newbie's house with a yard full of them!

I've got more converted TSO objects coming soon, and don't forget to download PeterG's converted bunk beds. They are awesome!

Please go to my website located now at: http://www.starrfoxx.frih.org/

Together we can keep Sims Online alive in our own, unique way!

S

Starrfoxx

You can now download the EA-Land Founder Plaque for your offline Sims game. It doesn't require any expansions, and it has a room score of 6 just like it did in TSO.

S

Starrfoxx

It's a work in progress, but I am going through all of the wallpapers and floor tiles in The Sims Online a little each day, and I am converting the exclusive files to work with the regular offline game.

I have come across many that are already in the offline version, so I won't be converting those. Below are some screenshots of ones I did convert:

S

Starrfoxx

Do you miss loading up "The Sims Online / EA-Land" and talking to your friends, making new ones, and just meeting people? Well, it's doubtful we'll ever get to do that again with our sims, however, you can customize your Sims Offline game to "look" and "sound" like The Sims Online when loading up.

Now on my TSO Memorial page, you can download one handy zip file that includes all of the original TSO Splash Pages (including the holiday ones) and that ugly EA-Land splash page, and also the original loading music for TSO (there is an old one, and then the one used from the original "The Sims" game).

Instructions are included on how to customize your game with these splash pages and loading music, and you can even use these instructions to install your own splash pages and loading music if you want.

Just head on over to: http://www.starrfoxx.frih.org/TSO/tsomemorial.htm

And below are some pics to bring back some memories. :thumbup1:

S

Spaghetti Legs

That's very cool! Thanks for taking this on and letting everyone use it. :bowdown:

S

Starrfoxx

I've got more wallpaper and floor tiles from Sims Online that are converted and ready to use in your Offline Sims game. I think the curtain set is great for Superstar lots, and the game show wallpaper could be used on Superstar lots too depending on what you are doing.

I personally like the green wallpaper. The eyes and bones wallpaper are weird and could be used for Halloween. Finally in the floor tiles, you can start decorating your homes and lots with five different moroccan tiles, plus there are the puzzle piece floor tiles which are interesting.

You may even find some of the favorites you used in your own lot when TSO was open! Check below for the latest thumbnails. I still have a lot more to go through, so keep checking this thread.

WALLPAPER

FLOOR TILES

S

Starrfoxx

But wait! There's more! :danceb::danceb::danceb:

The original, Sims Online Founder's Simmy is now converted and ready to work for your game. My objects are based on the original ones from TSO and come in the same colors of silver, red, and blue. I've added the special ability to view these objects just like any other statue. (I don't remember being able to view the objects in TSO when it was live.)

There is another version of the "Simmy" at http://www.oddsim.com , but that version is different and made to work like a light. It's rather neat, because you can switch the colors on it to much more than the original red, blue, and silver, and there is a color cycle feature too. Although it's a great conversion, I wanted something that was more authentic.

More objects are coming!