• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How often do you play UO?

How many hours per week do you play UO?

• None

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • 1-5

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 41+

Votes: 12 7.5%

• Total voters

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was a monologuing tyrant when I was alive; how much more so in my death. But some of my kind were blessed with basic social skills in life, and their memories of interacting with polite society, if they can be persuaded to divulge them, illuminate the day-to-day milieu of ancient history. Not that Britannians would ever be interested in that, gibbering horde of unenlightened animals that you are.
"Gibbering Horde of Unenlightened Animals" sounds exactly like what my friends who did go to graduate school say their paper reviewers call them. How far into academia has the undead rot of the Lich infiltrated?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Gibbering Horde of Unenlightened Animals" sounds exactly like what my friends who did go to graduate school say their paper reviewers call them. How far into academia has the undead rot of the Lich infiltrated?
The infamous reviewer #2 is a clearly a Lich, no one with a working heart could say such terrible things to the poor unsuspecting manuscript.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Infiltrated? We invented academia! Kaltivel the lorekeeper was deciphering human genetics when the "scholars" of the Lycaeum were still a coven of half-formed gorillas sacrificing mongbats to the rain gods.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The infamous reviewer #2 is a clearly a Lich, no one with a working heart could say such terrible things to the poor unsuspecting manuscript.
I would return students' manuscripts stained with either wine, my own tears, or the blood of a snake, depending on how inadequate their effort was. But that is not a lich thing, I have always been this way.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you UO will get a remake in the middle near future. EA has nothing really serious more on the pipeline. Maybe they think about reactivating an old frenchaise.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play 1–5 hours a week. Right now it is Spring Festival Holiday in the PRC and Covid travel restrictions are in place again so more now for the next week. I started playing with my daughters in 2001. Stopped playing around 2012 when I moved full–time overseas. Started playing again in December 2019 when I was bored and realized after several failed attempts to download that I was in UO again. I always had one account, but since coming back I now have 3, the other two mainly used as mules, hold real estate, or use as staged characters for my cheap cartoons.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
3 accounts playing on and off since renaissance. 2000-01 or so, 1-2 hours nightly, way more on the weekends with the kids.

.......I would play more but my Guild leader sold the GH..lol

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 of us played friend’s beta account sophomore yr in college. Drove 2hrs to Atlanta and back 2 days after UO went public to get my own copy after finding they had no immediate plans 2 ship 2 Athens. At that time we prob played +40hrs wk for few yrs.

Started own business, hardly played 1st 2yrs. Got back into it when money was rolling in, prob 20-25hr wk for next 5yrs steadily increasing to 30-40hr wk.

Career change & single again ~30hrs wk. Started doing 24’s working 1d on 2d off, every 2nd wk 1d on 3d off (Kelly Day, they call it) & played like a fiend on days off n laptop at work when able lol.

Took breaks over the yrs, 6mons-18mons prob 4 times after 2010. Haven’t played in over 2yrs now. Got sick of all the cheating/lack of even a veiled attempt to stop it, moved on to other better games that try to stop & action cheaters.

1 Grandfathered Account thats never gone inactive... ever. Log in once every 8-10d to refresh boats, when out of the country its a pita but I git ‘er done.

Gonna try n come back but been saying that for awhile. Bought a new house & seems like there no end to getting everything done so we’ll see. Miss the friends still playing which is the only reason I’d ever come back & why haven’t sold off everything already.

Question: Are we still waiting for the ‘New Updated Approved 3rd PP’s list’ that the boss said ‘It’s coming soon !’ how many years ago ?!?
- NM, I know the answer...

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never

I started in 2001 with a character on my sisters account, didnt last long.
about 3 years later i started again with AoS and played SOOOO much lol
I've stopped and started a few times seriously, this last round left me heartbroken, and while i am still fond of UO, pacific and Lake Austin specifically, it just is .... too different for me, so, after 18 years i chose Never :frown2:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I logged in a couple times this week. But I've installed and uninstalled about 6 times. LOL. I am kind of looking forward to the New Server thing they've been pimping out for a couple years now.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 of us played friend’s beta account sophomore yr in college. Drove 2hrs to Atlanta and back 2 days after UO went public to get my own copy after finding they had no immediate plans 2 ship 2 Athens. At that time we prob played +40hrs wk for few yrs.

Started own business, hardly played 1st 2yrs. Got back into it when money was rolling in, prob 20-25hr wk for next 5yrs steadily increasing to 30-40hr wk.

Career change & single again ~30hrs wk. Started doing 24’s working 1d on 2d off, every 2nd wk 1d on 3d off (Kelly Day, they call it) & played like a fiend on days off n laptop at work when able lol.

Took breaks over the yrs, 6mons-18mons prob 4 times after 2010. Haven’t played in over 2yrs now. Got sick of all the cheating/lack of even a veiled attempt to stop it, moved on to other better games that try to stop & action cheaters.

1 Grandfathered Account thats never gone inactive... ever. Log in once every 8-10d to refresh boats, when out of the country its a pita but I git ‘er done.

Gonna try n come back but been saying that for awhile. Bought a new house & seems like there no end to getting everything done so we’ll see. Miss the friends still playing which is the only reason I’d ever come back & why haven’t sold off everything already.

Question: Are we still waiting for the ‘New Updated Approved 3rd PP’s list’ that the boss said ‘It’s coming soon !’ how many years ago ?!?
- NM, I know the answer...
why have you forsaken me?

Cat Musique

Journeyman
wow how big was the shovel to dig this out? Depending on the number EM events, maybe 2 or 3 hours a day, if no event, then an hour with the guild. So every day.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im in the 5-10 hour range. Usually on my days off when I have nothing going on.

Other than that its hanging with my wife or workin.

Started on Pacific WAAAAY back in 98/99 while I was in Highshcool and have played off and on since then. When Legeneds opened up, I joined that shard and play exclusively on that shard. Always have. I think it opened up in 2001? Right around there I think. But its my home shard, I wont play anywhere else lol.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never bro, miss all y’all... honestly.:confused:

IRL’s a fickle biotch. I’m workin’ on a return... still.

Any word on the updated legal programs list Mesanna said would come out ? o.0 :wall::owned:

Ngl... not even sure I could keep up w all the progs, clients, hacks PvPers use now. Ima competitive player but refuse to use ‘cheats’ so...

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit: My problem is resolved. Move along and ask me no questions, lest ye face my wrath.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome back (hopefully) :)

My updated response to how often do I play UO... I haven't logged in since December but will likely check out the spring event. If it's any good I'll probably grind the first week with 15-20 hours to get a jump start and then play the casual 5-8 hours a week I have during events in the past.